Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Looks good!

I wonder if 1+2,4 is NC, knds and fast enough to be useful as a punisher...
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Holy shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYX...filepage#t=393s
I'm at work now and have an extreme crappy connection for vids. But I gave it a try and saw the Drag player crawl away a number of times. Looks like he tried to tag out from it but couldn't? That would be a shame.
Oh and it's only logical that the first post gets updated. I'm less active than you are so I guess I won't offer to update it myself.
Signature s3:
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Updates have been made to the first post
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Updates have been made to the first post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYX5NpytIk
@22:12: New animation? New move? Thoughts?

EDIT: Sergei has a winpose with Jinpachi? Whut?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL17...ture=feedu_more
@1:54

Nevermind, looks generic.

EDIT 2: Drag now gets a launch off of BT d+3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2dTe_syQk#t=14s
Combo is BT d+3, d+2, WS+4, d+4,1,3

hmmm...maybe he can get full-combo? Even if it's large characters only, better than nothing.

Last edited by Cosmic_Castaway on May 18th, 2011 at 22:10

Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Am I the only one who finds the new animations butt ugly?

Tyler, I think the 'new 12' from the first post was supposed to be ws12.
Speaking of it, I haven't checked very well but it looks like the 2 in ws12 and 1+2,2 share the same animation. If both are mids, then why the hell does Drag get another mm in ws12 next to ws13?
-uf3+4 definitely seems faster.
-I think I've seen a vid where there was a late TA and Drag did f443, whiffing the 3. Not 100% sure though.
-1+2 looks like he could be hitting with his shoulder but again, not sure.
-Even though it was a finishing move, ch (f2)4 looks like it still causes a stun.
Signature s3:
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Am I the only one who finds the new animations butt ugly?

*raises hand*
Yeah, they're pretty fucking stupid across the board.

Speaking of it, I haven't checked very well but it looks like the 2 in ws12 and 1+2,2 share the same animation. If both are mids, then why the hell does Drag get another mm in ws12 next to ws13?

My guess is that it's the same idea as T6.0 WS+1,3. Out in the open, why the hell are you gonna try and KND when you can get epic +frames, and do tons of standing mixups? And then you still have WS+1,3 for wall pressure.

EDIT: Dragunov can be tagged in as iWR3. YESSSSSS.

14:45

Last edited by Cosmic_Castaway on May 19th, 2011 at 00:58

Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
tyler2k
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord

Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
My guess is that it's the same idea as T6.0 WS+1,3.

Hey, CC has been paying attention to the other thread. Yeah, basically WS+1,3 in 6.0 was safe on block, didn't KND, and was +6 or so on hit. The main problem right now is that WS+1,2 doesn't look to be m,m, it actually looks m,h. The good news is that, on block, WS+1,2 is probably safe.

Also just a heads up, that might be a tag in qcf+3, not a WR+3
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
The main problem right now is that WS+1,2 doesn't look to be m,m, it actually looks m,h. The good news is that, on block, WS+1,2 is probably safe.

I think the WS+1 extensions look kind of HC'able/delayable now, so it could be possible that we don't have to worry about the 2 getting ducked. If WS+1,2 jailed though, that would be equally as nice.
Also just a heads up, that might be a tag in qcf+3, not a WR+3

Hmmmm, true. But the move's range seemed reduced, much like 5~WR2's is. If he did the qcf+3, it might have had more range. Just a prediction obviously, but it would be awesome to have that 5~WR mixup(ish) thing. Another example of the tag-in is @6:58. I'm leaning towards it more being WR3, tbh, but we won't know until we see someone get hit by it.

Has anyone seen any footage of people trying 5~WR2 at the wall, or range 0? That seems where it'd be most useful.
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
From my observation:

1+2,4 -mh : fast HOMING!!! double fist like marduk's bb+1+2 to last hit of d+4,4...dont think it's HC or jails. But having a mid homing move is more than enough for Dragunov...since most of his mids dont track well :\ now he has what he's been missing

b+1,2? - mm : Weird 2 swinging punch...personally i dont think it's an extension from the new 1+2 because the first hit is a left hand not a double fist and it doesn't have a homing line...it may be b+1,2...since i read somewhere that the old b+1 is either gone or the notation is changed (i personally hope is ub+1 for old b+1) with new b+1,2 it would be good since sometimes when i'm blocking and i want to do 1,2,1...old b+1 comes out...which in some situation can cause you to get launched...looks like first hit crushes high too or maybe just jab crush :\

b+4,2,1 doesn't spark on CH? or it never did? dmg seems lower :\

ws 2 launch normally is a huge plus!!! i prefer it TK6 style than the BR version and using 4,1 1,3,2b! on off axis combos works!!! so i guess 4,1 is back to TK6 style

uf+3+4 looks faster...Dragunov doesn't crouch before he jumps anymore...i think...

new animation for tackled character?

I like the details the put in TTT2...like getting dirty if you hit the ground or getting wet at water stages

Last edited by Kamileon88 on May 19th, 2011 at 06:31

Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kamileon88
1+2,4 -mh : fast HOMING!!! double fist like marduk's bb+1+2 to last hit of d+4,4...dont think it's HC or jails. But having a mid homing move is more than enough for Dragunov...since most of his mids dont track well :\ now he has what he's been missing

Tyler covered this already. 1+2 does not track to both sides, therefore 1+2,4 cannot be a homing move.

And Drag's got plenty of stuff that tracks, jsyk:
-d+2
-d/b+2
-f,f+3
-b+3
-The 3 in 4,3 tracks
-The 3 in b+4,3 tracks
-b+1+2
-d+1
-u/f+4
-1,2,1 (Though the second 1 should obv only be performed when CH confirmed)
-qcb+2
-f+2,<4
-iWS4
b+1,2? - mm : Weird 2 swinging punch...personally i dont think it's an extension from the new 1+2 because the first hit is a left hand not a double fist and it doesn't have a homing line...it may be b+1,2...since i read somewhere that the old b+1 is either gone or the notation is changed (i personally hope is ub+1 for old b+1) with new b+1,2 it would be good since sometimes when i'm blocking and i want to do 1,2,1...old b+1 comes out...which in some situation can cause you to get launched...looks like first hit crushes high too or maybe just jab crush :\

From my understanding, Dragunov no longer has any move with the notation "b+1". As stated in the OP, the second punch is probably another extension off of 1+2.

And 1+2 is definitely a high crush. Take a look at the first page.
b+4,2,1 doesn't spark on CH? or it never did? dmg seems lower :\

Never did spark. Dmg isn't lower. Tyler covered this in the updated OP.
ws 2 launch normally is a huge plus!!! i prefer it TK6 style than the BR version and using 4,1 1,3,2b! on off axis combos works!!! so i guess 4,1 is back to TK6 style

Yep. 'Cept now WS+2, b+4,3, etc. won't work, so it's a bit of a damage nerf.
uf+3+4 looks faster...Dragunov doesn't crouch before he jumps anymore...i think...

new animation for tackled character?

I like the details the put in TTT2...like getting dirty if you hit the ground or getting wet at water stages

Annnnnnnd the rest of this...
-We've already said u/f+3+4 looks faster.
-Yes, there's a new animation for tackles.
-Yeah, it's pretty cool. Virtua Fighter 5 did the same thing about 4 years ago.
tyler2k
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Just curious, what's the conversation about b+1 stemming from? Is there news that b+1 has been reworked? I only ask because I'm seeing a discrepancy in certain animations. I honestly want to say right now that there's a very good chance that we (I?) are missing something huge. Kamileon88 actually does have a valid point, regarding this.

This is very hard to see in maxi's videos, but is way more evident in a recently uploaded video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT1V5mPDhoM

This is where my initial point of 1+2,2 being just 1+2 is important to explain. Usually a 1+2 command can only mean certain attacks, namely A) shoulder B) headbutt C) two-handed attack D) 360 jabs (less frequent). In the initial attack shown, Dragunov attacked with his left hand an "immediately" followed with his right. So in theory the command could not be 1+2 for an attack starting with his left hand, therefore the only logical conclusion was to assume the final 2 was part of the string, therefore it wasn't 1+2,2, but instead was 1+2.

Then we got a look at "1+2,4" and we saw a left punch with a kick follow up. "Ok," I said, "I guess Dragunov's one of the few exceptions in the game where his 1+2 doesn't mean a two-handed attack, but rather a spin." Therefore 1+2,2, which was "demoted" to 1+2, is now unofficially confirmed as 1+2,2.

Enter the video linked above and shit just hit the fan. Dragunov DOES have two extremely similar attacks with different starting animations.

Originally posted by Sandilord

Now don't think I forgot about you Sandi! It looks like you might be right in the sense that 1+2 hits with his shoulder, while the originally thought "1+2" starts with a punch.

My head is so full of fuck right now that makes it really frustrating.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Funny things go this way. I was hesitating to post about the shoulder hit because I doubted. Why? In the other instances where I thought I saw 1+2, it seemed like he hit with his hand/fist instead of his shoulder. And I was wondering if there maybe were 2 VERY similar moves.
But if that's the case I'm even more disappointed about the new animations......

One thing's for sure, the move in the vid with the high right kick has to be 1+2,4.

CC: ws12 mh and jailing wouldn't be logical because you would lose the guessing game of h/m. On the other hand, that's what NB did with T6 41 as well. It's the reason why I spent a long time assuming it didn't jail because it had a 43 mixup.
Signature s3:
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Just curious, what's the conversation about b+1 stemming from? Is there news that b+1 has been reworked? I only ask because I'm seeing a discrepancy in certain animations. I honestly want to say right now that there's a very good chance that we (I?) are missing something huge. Kamileon88 actually does have a valid point, regarding this.

This is very hard to see in maxi's videos, but is way more evident in a recently uploaded video

This is where my initial point of 1+2,2 being just 1+2 is important to explain. Usually a 1+2 command can only mean certain attacks, namely A) shoulder B) headbutt C) two-handed attack D) 360 jabs (less frequent). In the initial attack shown, Dragunov attacked with his left hand an "immediately" followed with his right. So in theory the command could not be 1+2 for an attack starting with his left hand, therefore the only logical conclusion was to assume the final 2 was part of the string, therefore it wasn't 1+2,2, but instead was 1+2.

Then we got a look at "1+2,4" and we saw a left punch with a kick follow up. "Ok," I said, "I guess Dragunov's one of the few exceptions in the game where his 1+2 doesn't mean a two-handed attack, but rather a spin." Therefore 1+2,2, which was "demoted" to 1+2, is now unofficially confirmed as 1+2,2.

Enter the video linked above and shit just hit the fan. Dragunov DOES have two extremely similar attacks with different starting animations.

Now don't think I forgot about you Sandi! It looks like you might be right in the sense that 1+2 hits with his shoulder, while the originally thought "1+2" starts with a punch.

My head is so full of fuck right now that makes it really frustrating.

From the video Tyler2k posted...
@1.24~1.25 - Dragunov is doing his new 1+2...his legs are crossed and he's doing a double fist swing (there may be a white line just at the beginning of the animation...but unsure) Dragunov doesn't high crush or sway or duck while he swings...it looks like he's going to do a d+2 but swings left instead of right...

while @0.01 - Dragunov is doing a slight high crush sway similar to Julia's db+1...On the first hit, only the left hand hits Alisa while @1.24~1.25 Dragunov's swing both arms passing Lili...

This if from my observation and i can be wrong...but i still think that 1+2,2 doesn't exist, until we have a clearer video...

Also there's a tackle option out of either 1+2 or new mid b+1...which is cool...but i think it'll make more sense out of 1+2...it's like they strip out the ss2 from ss2,1+2,4 and ss2,1+2,1+2...

As for execution frames for 1+2 i think it should be around i15-i17...i19 is the same as BR b+1 and it comes out much faster than BR b+1

As for other stuff
b4,2,1 - i'm wrong...sorry...

uf+3+4 - sorry for repeating :\

ws2 - yes damage nerf indeed but now easier/consistent juggles :\ maybe we can do ws2 f443 jab ff2b! ???

4,1 - back to TK 6 property...will connect on off axis

-d+2 :Not mid
-d/b+2 :Tracks fairly well but poor in one side
-f,f+3 :Not mid
-b+3 :Not mid
-The 3 in 4,3 tracks :Not first hit...
-The 3 in b+4,3 tracks :Not first hit and Not mid
-b+1+2 : Slow for a tracking move...
-d+1 : Slow for a tracking move...
-u/f+4 : Can be SS on one side
-1,2,1 (Though the second 1 should obv only be performed when CH confirmed) : Tracks well indeed but what i meant was fast first hit mid poke that tracks
-qcb+2 : I will never use this as a tracking move...imagine if opponent turtles and you wiff...
-f+2,<4 : Only second hit...
-iWS4 : I've been SS a few times...tracks one side i guess :\
I should've been clearer when i said his mids...i mean mid pokes :\ since his df+1 and df+4 tracking is fairly poor compare to some other character's df+1 and df+4...if his new 1+2 will act like Bryan's 1+2 and Jack's 1+2 for fast tracking mid pokes...he'll be one fine character

As for Dragunov's new animation/moves...looks funky :\ haha
tyler2k
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
This if from my observation and i can be wrong...but i still think that 1+2,2 doesn't exist, until we have a clearer video...

Also there's a tackle option out of either 1+2 or new mid b+1...which is cool...but i think it'll make more sense out of 1+2...it's like they strip out the ss2 from ss2,1+2,4 and ss2,1+2,1+2...

As for execution frames for 1+2 i think it should be around i15-i17...i19 is the same as BR b+1 and it comes out much faster than BR b+1

There's that word again, why do you keep referring to it as b+1. I'd love to come outright and say that b+1 has been changed, but I'm going to need something a little more concrete. 1+2 is easy to say simply because 1+2 doesn't (currently) exist in Drag's repertoire. If you do have some proof that it is the new b+1, e.g. from hands-on testing reports, I'll gladly change the first page.

I do slightly agree about 1+2,2 because all the "1+2,2" attacks we've seen thus far appear to be left jab,2 mid. The reason I don't fully agree is that 1+2 by itself appears to be launch punishable on block, the 4 extension is high therefore being launch punishable on duck, and the tackle extension might not be fast enough such that a player can hop kick you before you can grab them. That would mean 1+2 is an incredibly, incredibly terrible string to the point of uselessness.

Regarding frame data, I tested the initial string using Hwo's JFSR as a reference then looking at Dragunov's "1+2",2 string frame by frame determining it to come out at 16.8 (IIRC) frames. In a later video Dragunov does iWR+2 (+4) and is blocked by Paul, the Drag player looks like he immediately does "1+2" and trades with Paul's u/f+4 (i15), therefore it could not be slower than i19. As such the speed of the string will most likely fall between i16 and i19. What needs to be noted is that the footage was not recorded at 60 fps, as such there are "lost" frames of data that aren't being displayed through youtube. Since the game does run at 60 fps and the video was recorded (or youtube runs at, not sure which one) 25 fps, we're only receiving 41.6% of the data at home. As such there's a range of variance that the actual attacks falls in.

I've run out of time, but I will create new gifs of the new moves and finish up my thoughts later. I did make a post about something similar last night on my site that better explains the frustration.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Just curious, what's the conversation about b+1 stemming from? Is there news that b+1 has been reworked? I only ask because I'm seeing a discrepancy in certain animations. I honestly want to say right now that there's a very good chance that we (I?) are missing something huge.

D. Love on TZ reported during day 1 of the loctests that Dragunov no longer had b+1. He never mentioned there being a new move for b+1, just that the move was gone.

Mmmm, now I see. Well, jury's still out on that one then, I guess.
I should've been clearer when i said his mids...i mean mid pokes :\ since his df+1 and df+4 tracking is fairly poor compare to some other character's df+1 and df+4...if his new 1+2 will act like Bryan's 1+2 and Jack's 1+2 for fast tracking mid pokes...he'll be one fine character

I just saw you saying that he lacked tracking moves. But whatever. His tracking's never really been a problem for me. You don't need a safe, mid move that tracks both ways to have a good character.

Additionally:
A clip of this video shows Drag launching the opponent with a strong, downward, (double-fisted?) swing. My friend said he thinks he's seen other characters do it, so it may be generic. But I dunno. Thoughts?

Last edited by Cosmic_Castaway on May 19th, 2011 at 23:48

BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Additionally:
A clip of this video shows Drag launching the opponent with a strong, downward, (double-fisted?) swing. My friend said he thinks he's seen other characters do it, so it may be generic. But I dunno. Thoughts?

Yes, looks like a broken link to me.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
Yes, looks like a broken link to me.

Fixed it. Go ahead and watch now. : )
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
There's that word again, why do you keep referring to it as b+1. I'd love to come outright and say that b+1 has been changed, but I'm going to need something a little more concrete. 1+2 is easy to say simply because 1+2 doesn't (currently) exist in Drag's repertoire. If you do have some proof that it is the new b+1, e.g. from hands-on testing reports, I'll gladly change the first page.

I do slightly agree about 1+2,2 because all the "1+2,2" attacks we've seen thus far appear to be left jab,2 mid. The reason I don't fully agree is that 1+2 by itself appears to be launch punishable on block, the 4 extension is high therefore being launch punishable on duck, and the tackle extension might not be fast enough such that a player can hop kick you before you can grab them. That would mean 1+2 is an incredibly, incredibly terrible string to the point of uselessness.

Regarding frame data, I tested the initial string using Hwo's JFSR as a reference then looking at Dragunov's "1+2",2 string frame by frame determining it to come out at 16.8 (IIRC) frames. In a later video Dragunov does iWR+2 (+4) and is blocked by Paul, the Drag player looks like he immediately does "1+2" and trades with Paul's u/f+4 (i15), therefore it could not be slower than i19. As such the speed of the string will most likely fall between i16 and i19. What needs to be noted is that the footage was not recorded at 60 fps, as such there are "lost" frames of data that aren't being displayed through youtube. Since the game does run at 60 fps and the video was recorded (or youtube runs at, not sure which one) 25 fps, we're only receiving 41.6% of the data at home. As such there's a range of variance that the actual attacks falls in.

I've run out of time, but I will create new gifs of the new moves and finish up my thoughts later. I did make a post about something similar last night on my site that better explains the frustration.

Sorry...i'm just speculating...i'm just placing the new julia like sway punch on b+1,2 because i saw somewhere saying b+1 is gone...so i just place it at b+1 because Dragunov uses his left hand to do the first move and most of his left hand attacks are filled by other notations already...it could be bb+1,2 ub+1,2 the unlikely u+1,2 or uf+1,2...anyway DONT take my word to be the correct information...it's PURELY from observation from vids and infos from forums...

from the vid Cosmic_Castaway posted [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKbDDTxrHRw#t=3m]
@03.14 is a very clear 1+2 move and PERSONALLY i start to see a difference between 1+2 move and the other julia like sway punch @06.47...your opponent recover a bit different when they get hit by 1+2 and the other move...does it have a homing line during the beginning? or i'm just the only one who keep seeing some small white blurry line @06.03 and @07.28 is pretty visible :\ Stuns on CH i dont think 1+2 is launch punishable on block...maybe the player moved or did something...i think it should be around -10~-12 max or even safe around -7~-9...speculating again :\

from the vid...1+2,4 last hit may be -14 on block at least but due to push back it's safe to some characters...so the last kick has the same property as d4,4 last kick? @08.13 or maybe he moved... :\

also not sure if this was discussed but last hit of db2,1,2 now sparks on hit? so more damage?

on a totally unrelated topic, to tyler2k site your site really give insight on Dragunov

Just curious, what's the conversation about b+1 stemming from? Is there news that b+1 has been reworked? I only ask because I'm seeing a discrepancy in certain animations. I honestly want to say right now that there's a very good chance that we (I?) are missing something huge.

D. Love on TZ reported during day 1 of the loctests that Dragunov no longer had b+1. He never mentioned there being a new move for b+1, just that the move was gone.

Mmmm, now I see. Well, jury's still out on that one then, I guess.

I just saw you saying that he lacked tracking moves. But whatever. His tracking's never really been a problem for me. You don't need a safe, mid move that tracks both ways to have a good character.

Additionally:

My bad...i should've been clearer to what i said...yeah he's a good character already, but sometimes it's risky to throw out his homing moves since it's high and ff+3 is kindda terrible...even with mix up between iRA ff+3 and run up d+2...i would rather use run up d+2 to catch ssing opponent...having a mid awesome tracking move can't hurt

Last edited by Kamileon88 on May 20th, 2011 at 00:55

Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
from the vid Cosmic_Castaway posted [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKbDDTxrHRw#t=3m]
@03.14 is a very clear 1+2 move and PERSONALLY i start to see a difference between 1+2 move and the other julia like sway punch @06.47...your opponent recover a bit different when they get hit by 1+2 and the other move...does it have a homing line during the beginning? or i'm just the only one who keep seeing some small white blurry line @06.03 and @07.28 is pretty visible :\ Stuns on CH i dont think 1+2 is launch punishable on block...maybe the player moved or did something...i think it should be around -10~-12 max or even safe around -7~-9...speculating again :\

OHHHHHHHHHH.

SNAP.

Good eye, Kamileon.

So Sergei has a mid homing move now. Delicious. *prays that it's safe on block*
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
OHHHHHHHHHH.

SNAP.

Good eye, Kamileon.

So Sergei has a mid homing move now. Delicious. *prays that it's safe on block*

I have too much free time hahaha possibly safe on block...it's like they strip the ss2 from ss2,1+2,4 and ss2,1+2,1+2 and make it his new move...so 1+2 from ss2,1+2 is safe i had this idea as his move when i saw the new notation of 1+2,4...namco likes to recycle haha anyway on CH it stuns so i dont think it'll be launch punishable...dont think any homing move (the move with the line not what comes after) is THAT unsafe...