TTT2 Kazuya - New moves and other info.

Page Splits <1234>...13
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Teh Generall
3rd Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Im syched by what I've seen so far, however I was hoping for a fast mid out of crouch dash. All his new moves can be countered by ducking, which seems to be my problem playing Kazuya right now.
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Teh Generall
Im syched by what I've seen so far, however I was hoping for a fast mid out of crouch dash. All his new moves can be countered by ducking, which seems to be my problem playing Kazuya right now.
iWS+4 and iWS+1 are pretty decent options for Kaz. In TTT2, he has a ff+2 mid punch in his Devil form and hopefully its properties are similar to DJ's ff+2 which is a solid mid option out of CD.
Teh Generall
3rd Dan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by moN nihciM
iWS+4 and iWS+1 are pretty decent options for Kaz. In TTT2, he has a ff+2 mid punch in his Devil form and hopefully its properties are similar to DJ's ff+2 which is a solid mid option out of CD.

I use wr4 all the time, the problem is its 15 damage so its nothing to be scared of and if you opponent happens to be moving, it will whiff as its tracking is so poor, its good but in my experience no deterance.

Dev Kaz's mid punch looks interesting. iWS's out of cd require good execution, if iWS1,2 was HC then as broken as it may be that would be a great option out of CD and make ducking very risky. As it is iWS1 requires good execution and does 12 damage, again nothing to fear.
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#24 “Quote” Edit Post

If you think they're going to duck then use ws+1,2 or u/f+3.

But if you're actually more worried about side walking ewgf/cd+4, then ws+3 is his tracking move right? But they'd block it most of the time right? (And sometimes ch 4 )
ws+4 is a really good move out of crouch dash. The more boring you play kazuya, the better except when you have to make a comeback.
d/f+2 obviously.
ws+2 would also work according to ttt2 updates since it is supposed to track now, with much longer range than ws+1,2. Risky obviously.
I'm not too familiar, but I'd bet u/f+3 doesn't track side walk left very well, besides it having small range, but still something to try out since it comes out of CD easily.
At range zero I'd bet you could make b+2<4 or 1,1<2 hit the side walking opponent, but that's risky because they could be doing side walk left then back dash cancel out of range. It's just another option.
Try d/f+4 for tracking side walk left from anywhere but point blank.
ws+1+2 also tracks side walk left but I prefer ws+4 over ws+1+2.

Mixing up your timing and range with different attacks will help keep their rhythm off so that you can land a cd+4,1 or punish them with a juggle.

This is just experience, but not recent practice talking. Take it all with a grain of salt and try it out for yourself.
Teh Generall
3rd Dan
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP

But if you're actually more worried about side walking ewgf/cd+4, then ws+3 is his tracking move right? But they'd block it most of the time right? (And sometimes ch 4 )
ws+4 is a really good move out of crouch dash. The more boring you play kazuya, the better except when you have to make a comeback.
d/f+2 obviously.
ws+2 would also work according to ttt2 updates since it is supposed to track now, with much longer range than ws+1,2. Risky obviously.
I'm not too familiar, but I'd bet u/f+3 doesn't track side walk left very well, besides it having small range, but still something to try out since it comes out of CD easily.
At range zero I'd bet you could make b+2<4 or 1,1<2 hit the side walking opponent, but that's risky because they could be doing side walk left then back dash cancel out of range. It's just another option.

Mixing up your timing and range with different attacks will help keep their rhythm off so that you can land a cd+4,1 or punish them with a juggle.

This is just experience, but not recent practice talking. Take it all with a grain of salt and try it out for yourself.

Hey,

ws1,2 is a good option, if I get the execution wrong it comes out as b1,2 which happens if I try to react fast to a ducking opponent, but maybe I just need more practice on that.

u,f,3 -9 on block 30 damage sounds like a good option the only risk is being floated with its 19 frame impact.

w,s,3 is a terrible move in my opinion, 21 frames I never get this to land unless i'm at a good distance.

I think your 100% correct in saying mix ups is the answer and perhaps im a bit lazy in this department. I still think this area of Kaz's game needs to be looked at to make wd worth using again. My sugesstion: hit confirmable ws1,2 or a fast mid that leads to good oki.

Right now I feel I have to work really hard during wd and simply get ducked or side walked left and looking at T2 moves it looks like I'll be relying on Dev Kaz's f,f+2 eek!
Aken
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP

d/f+2 obviously.

man do u use facebook? I want hit like button so bad after reading this
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
@Aken: I "like" you too. Yes I have a facebook account.

Hey,

ws1,2 is a good option, if I get the execution wrong it comes out as b1,2 which happens if I try to react fast to a ducking opponent, but maybe I just need more practice on that.

u,f,3 -9 on block 30 damage sounds like a good option the only risk is being floated with its 19 frame impact.

w,s,3 is a terrible move in my opinion, 21 frames I never get this to land unless i'm at a good distance.

I think your 100% correct in saying mix ups is the answer and perhaps im a bit lazy in this department. I still think this area of Kaz's game needs to be looked at to make wd worth using again. My sugesstion: hit confirmable ws1,2 or a fast mid that leads to good oki.

Right now I feel I have to work really hard during wd and simply get ducked or side walked left and looking at T2 moves it looks like I'll be relying on Dev Kaz's f,f+2 eek!

u/f+3 gives a wall stun, so it's good there mixed up with cd+4,1. Depending on the situation I'd definitely risk ws+1,2 or cd+4,1. Otherwise I'd use d/b+4 or f+4 or u/f+3. In an oki situation I'd use f,f+3 and occasionally out in the open depending on what I think my opponent will be doing next.

I tend not to think of it as 'this move or that move.' I tend more to think of it as, how can I out maneuver my opponent? I want to work harder and smarter at movement than my opponent. Just trying to say don't get too worried about which attack as much as out moving your opponent. Until that point, I would keep it simple and dry with attacks such as jabs, d/f+4, d/b+4, d+4, try to lure out a whiff or suddenly they might stop moving. The better your opponent, the harder it gets...

and the funner it gets.
Aken
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
^

Aken Sokun
aken_s@hotmail.com
add me!
I am more active on facebook then TZ atm coz Im currently using Blackberry ... be in touch

ps:
I am making a Tekken community in Thailand
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Man its great to be back! whats up kaz heads? So anyway, im trying to keep myself updated with TTT2 kaz changes, and im currently loving the changes.Couple of questions:

kaz d+1+2, i've heard somewhere that this can be canceled? this true?

btw, i noticed kaz's old b+4, is now his normal 4, im not really sure if this counts as a "magic 4" though i haven't seen it on CH this TTT2, here's to hoping that it still stuns!

new b+4 seems quick as well, though recovery's not too hot. Is b+4,1 safe btw?

How about the "Devil Mode"? hehe devil ff+2 is hawt. hehehe

sorry guys, just kinda excited. hahaha again, sorry if some of the questions are answered already.
Signature
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you can cancel d+1+2 with d/b or b... not sure. It's launch punishable on block though (-15 or more).

b+4,1 is probably safe on block but I have no idea if you can duck the second hit.
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
b41 is m,h, no jail, safe, non delayable [no hc]
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
Have you tested out Devil Kaz's ff+2? Same properties as DJ's ff+2?
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you can cancel d+1+2 with d/b or b... not sure. It's launch punishable on block though (-15 or more).

b+4,1 is probably safe on block but I have no idea if you can duck the second hit.

which is why im asking if d+1+2 can be canceled, 'cause its kinda see-able. thanks for the info!

@kane - thanks for the vids, love your work. , by any chance have you seen his old b+4, hit CH and still stun? im assuming btw that it is now just "4"?
Signature
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't test devil's ff2. I'm assuming it's similar to ttt1 devil's ff2?

I wasn't able to find his old b4 ... but I wasn't looking either ...
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Devil Kaz's ff+2 animation looked like Jin's ff+2. I've seen it once in ldmaxi's vids but I couldn't find it again.
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQv...embedded#t=102s

Devil Kaz ff+2... doesn't look safe on block to me.
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQv...embedded#t=102s

Devil Kaz ff+2... doesn't look safe on block to me.

yeah, true. range wise, i think DJ ff+2 is still better. well, we'll just have to see. Kaz ff+2 is hella quick though.
Signature
Teh Generall
3rd Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane

Do you know if just b,4 is safe? and what did Kaz's recovery appear to be?
Thanks.
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by <sAInt_D3m0n>
yeah, true. range wise, i think DJ ff+2 is still better. well, we'll just have to see. Kaz ff+2 is hella quick though.
Just letting you know that Kaz ff+2 is a high move and Devil Kaz ff+2 is a mid move. Kaz df1,2 bounds but Devil Kaz df1,2 is a standing TP launcher. Kinda weird but yeah.
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Just letting you know that Kaz ff+2 is a high move and Devil Kaz ff+2 is a mid move. Kaz df1,2 bounds but Devil Kaz df1,2 is a standing TP launcher. Kinda weird but yeah.

Yeah im aware. So for now, who's the better kaz? Devil? or Non Devil? Devil has those upward lasers, ground lasers, fly lasers, lasers, tgf(+flight), mid ff2, standing tp........ While kaz has no lasers, df+1 options, and a faster but high ff+2.
Signature