Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SaixSephiroth
id like drunken parry to parry kicks aswell

I don't think it needs to be as Imba as to parry kicks, but at least be able to do SOMETHING guaranteed after the parry.

Definitely be able to parry ALL punches would be good. I hate it that you can't parry Special punches e.g. Draganov's fff-2 (isw punch thing).

I hate it that you know a punch of sorts is coming but can't parry and do something good besides mid low throw mixup.
Signature Its all about getting lei-ed
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Also been thinking, to have a few more fast frame pokes that at least track a little on either side (or not quite so side steppable). Be able to close range poke exchange a bit more would be good.

d+4 transition to SNK could be faster...

I think generally faster transitions would be good.

e.g. d/f 1+2 ~f should be safe, its already a slow attack that is so side-steppable. Hard enough to get in a hit with some of the faster poking characters.

Finally a good long range whiff punisher. It doesn't need to launch like ff+3. Hate it that you Ha-ha to get a whiff but out of range to do anything with. Ha-ha a few more times and suddenly you've got your back to the wall. ff+3 keeps getting interrupted. Maybe f+3,1 can be faster. instead of 16 frames, maybe it should be 13?

I think with ground stances, the speed should be adjusted. Currently both Mid and low variants are 20+ frames. Which is bs... with all 4 stances at least 1 of the 2 variations should be a fast one. e.g.

d 1+2, mid (3+4) is fast 14 frames, and low (3) is 23 frames
d 3+4, low (3) is 18 frames and mid (4) is 12-14 frames
d 2+3, mid(4) is 20 frames but low(3) is 14 frames
d 1+4, low(3) is 23 frames but mid (3+4) (bicycle kick) is 14 frames

A 1 button mid wall splat would be nice. Lei lacks this completely. Bob can SS1+2, Julia has a sidekick thing, no need to talk about mishimas....
You cant count moves like bb+1 or bt 2 coz, or DRU1. U have to get to stance or it becomes quite obvious.

Another option might be to make df 1,1,1 NC the whole way and wall splat (Its really a valid option after all, the last 1 is punishable (or make it 10 frame punishable for all))

OR maybe more time to HC after 2,1 a 3+4 W!

BT 4,3 shouldn't be launch punishable... I mean c'mon, its sidesteppable and doesnt lead to a wall carry or high dmg combo? It should at least be HC, with guaranteed launch. Hate it that you have to land on CH to make it work... AND its launch punishable?????

I agree with d/b 4,4... damage should increase. OR speed should increase. either or.. for the risk we take with it, it doesn't pay back in damage, or even come close to even.
OR
d4,4 shouldn't be so punishable. (or should be NC)
OR
d3 needs to be faster... and track just a little.

u/b 4 to PNX or CRN transition should be faster.

MORE DRU moves... that all allow to stay in DRU (like alyssa and chainsaw). JUST for cool factor. Nice frames in DRU and maybe faster lie down transitions when in DRU... Be also cool to have a BIG DRU sidestep! DRU f and b should move faster too!

sample moves in DRU could include:
1. Stamping on the opponents foot with a CH stun - not launch
2. turning around and shooting lei's butt out (opposite of a belly splat)
3. High Crush jabs to the throat with drunken hands
4. punches that on block that leave Lei off axis for a set up
5. ACTUALLY drink the hip flask item!!!
6. Item move with the hip flash e.g. smack it on head or swing around like a nunchuck
7. DRU throw to SPLAT please
8. Spinning (like in 1+2) but hitting mid with elbows
9. Transitions available to go to BT
10. Quick mid punches like ganryus d/b 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2

Can't block in DRU anyway, so might as well make it very evasive and extra tricky for fun sakes. I think in DRU, Lei should be super unpredictable... afteralll it is DRU... and YOU CAN'T BLOCK ANYWAY!!!!
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Good stuff but i think if lei gets a launcher like EWGF he will be way good
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah I want ewgf, a ten frame wallsplat, 50% more damage from db4, Jacks fc db1, Ninas 1+4, Laws df2, Lars b1 oh and please namco make Leis hopkick 12f fast ok?

sorry guys but some of sthe stuff would be totally imbalanced
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
iarenoob
Banned By Mod
PSN: deadliftmaniac
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
+ 10% damage .

ff2 hits grounded or some other no stance that hits low with at least some damage
Signature Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war

War Music

This thread is worthless without pics
Paul_Hamdali
Champion
PSN: Maurice_Phoenix
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm gonna use my old Tag Team Paul Phoenix & Lei Wulong
Signature "I'm Going For The Gold"
"You Have The Right To Remain Sexy"
XiaoyuMadness
7th Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
f,N+4,1 strings as staple post bound enders. tired of seeing ff+3,4 ender.

f+3,1 better recovery in juggle.

bring back the old uf+4.
Aleicard
Fujin
PSN: takatodo
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
@atdsutm
Pretty nice wishlist.

@CaptainInsano:
Agree with the de-nerfing of BT 4,3. It's risk versus reward ratio is way off the charts even for a B~C Tier character. Ground stances in BR did make it a lot harder to evade and mix attacks up, frames need fixing.

I wish they'd bring back his ff+3 properties from T6.0.

I predict they'd use Lei's DRU throw to tag, after the punch to tummy hits, it'd be cool to see him pull this off then push opponent to feng to do a headbutt attack.

I was also thinking of setting Feng Wei and Lei Wulong as tag partners for range ownage. ff+2 is one of the longest b! in T6 to couple with Feng's f+3,4 ~ wall splat would be cool.
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekkentag2/
Current new move for Lei is db+1
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
SaixSephiroth
6th Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]

Google translates it to "Volume sharp fangs snake"
another SNK transition move? xD

the only thing i noticed changed from lei (from the 0.3 second footage we get in trailer) is that ff3 has a different hit property in a juggle, they float FDFF like PAN 2.

we must adapt to this drastic change
green)Lei
do it like old water
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]

let me take a wild guess, its a low.

Is it minus on hit? YES
Is it launchable on block? YES
does it launch? NO
are there any properties on ch? NO
does it deal more than 7 damage?

Google translates it to "Volume sharp fangs snake"
another SNK transition move? xD

the only thing i noticed changed from lei (from the 0.3 second footage we get in trailer) is that ff3 has a different hit property in a juggle, they float FDFF like PAN 2.

we must adapt to this drastic change

that means the old ff3~b ufn4 wont work anymore. the wallcarry of B! ff3,4 doesnt seem to be good either

hardfighter
Dragon Lord
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Sitting Snake stance should make him slither on the ground
he needs monkey stance
and they should add a new character jet li
and hes his tag partner

Haha...nice but i think he should get a quick punisher +juggler which can bring him in the front row....
wow...just imagine jackie chan n jetli.....tag partners....

hope he will rock with bryan ...and it reminds me of Tony-T

Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
SaixSephiroth
6th Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
that means the old ff3~b ufn4 wont work anymore. the wallcarry of B! ff3,4 doesnt seem to be good either

hmm i think the purpose of the new float would be to allow lei's tag partner time to connect a tag juggle.

i would just love to see a Lei f3,1 tag Feng f3,4 tag ff3,4 tag 4~3
damn
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
let me take a wild guess, its a low.

Is it minus on hit? YES
Is it launchable on block? YES
does it launch? NO
are there any properties on ch? NO
does it deal more than 7 damage?

Ok I'm going to be optimistic here.

d/b+1 is going to be an instant BT d+1, but has the added advantage that it tracks and soft juggles without CH. But in the spirit of stopping things from being OP, you can't follow it up with a bind juggle. just 2-3 BT d+1 and a BT 3. UNLESS there is a wall nearby... lol

Most likely though...

it will be a 25 frame low poke that is crushed by every other move in the game, won't launch and is launch punishable. BUT of course, you can hold ~f and transition into sitting snake in BT, causing lei to be unable to follow up with any moves that can actually connect. The animation shows him briefly transitioning into DRU before he finally flops to the ground. The entire exercise takes 80 frames to complete and any hit from the opponent would soft-launch lei.

Finally, if you don't press an attack once lei is in sitting snake, he lies down and takes damage from being too drunk.

But it can be followed up with an instant 10 frame unblockable that does 120 damage. Shame he's facing the wrong way.
crazydrunk88
Kyu
PSN: banok
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
It's just a few seconds and it's kinda hard to see but it's better than nothing it's at around 4:18 http://vimeo.com/20102007
SaixSephiroth
6th Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by crazydrunk88
It's just a few seconds and it's kinda hard to see but it's better than nothing it's at around 4:18 http://vimeo.com/20102007

shows lei doing nothing new and getting beat up by jaycee
Aleicard
Fujin
PSN: takatodo
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+1, they just couldn't just add something on his stance move set can they? they just had to add yet another move with a diagonal input from basic stance. if they just returned BT 2 to the way it was back in the old days, I think it would have been a whole lot better, instead they just nerfed ff+3,on the contrary to my wishlist.

I hope if they nerfed the launch animation of ff+3, at least they beefed up it's range and damage.
green)Lei
do it like old water
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaptainInsano
Ok I'm going to be optimistic here.

Most likely though...

it will be a 25 frame low poke that is crushed by every other move in the game, won't launch and is launch punishable. BUT of course, you can hold ~f and transition into sitting snake in BT, causing lei to be unable to follow up with any moves that can actually connect.

looool you definitely got the point

Im definitely gonna play toptier as tag partner, no matter who it is. preferably braindead and powerful

but to be serious about Lei, if his juggles an wallenders are staple and reliable and maybe his hopkick range will be increased, he is a strong character

The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Dont we have a wishlist thread already? Lets focus on the move we know about, d/b+1.

Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Lei:
Jakan'eiga db+1

Is there anyone korean or sm1 close to harada who can get us smthing about it....

Ketlord