Page Splits <1234>...27
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
most likely caused by opp's tech + side walk. BT sword sweep is not possible if you start from BT, similar to BT u/f+3+4,b+1,4.
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Just to add:

1SS Flash:
d2,2, d4
db3,3,4 CD1 (max consistent damage)

df1+2,2 is NC, but it sometimes acts wierd and doesn't NC, especially off axis.

Q> Does yos have anything reliable that can track when Lili does ss, db4? uf4 and f3 gets crushed, or should I rely on random FLE, DGF, u3+4 just to crush it. Or should I just turtle?
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
You may f,f to realign yourself to the opponent before doing any move. Also don't always jab right the way when you block something that obviously screams setup (for example, 1,2_2,4 lol). You will be fine.
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you all for the u/f+4 suggestions. I knew about ff+3+4 option before but there were other things I never tried out. ff+1+4 feint option sounds pretty creative - I was always too afraid to use this option after u/f+4 because of how slow it is, but after playing around with it it's pretty fun!
No one said f,f,d,d/f+1 after u/f+4 on hit though! That's dash cd+1 after u/f+4 on hit and it's pretty useful though need to practice a little.

does anyone use 2,3 as wall carry pre-bound? it acts as a pretty good close up wall carry.

Yes I use this. For me maximizing damage by using the appropriate wall carry is one of the most important thing for Yoshi, so I'm very particular about wall carry.
2,2 should also be used when you're even closer to the wall than the spot where 2,3 as wall carry works.
Sometimes it's also better to do multiple b+1s right into the wall and then you can sneak in flash, f+1+2 B! for maximum damage (needs a lot of practice and knowledge of space though).

Yesterday my Yoshi managed to have DGF 4 ducked and was launched on recovery (yet again), u/f+3 got through a low move without launching it (about 3 times), had d/f+1 crushed by lars b+1+2 (several times)... c'est la vie!

I hear you. I also hate when 2,2, which is supposed to be NC, can be ducked on second hit if the first hit catches opponent on angle or back-turned. Also u/f+4 successfully low crushing moves but doesn't have enough hit box to hit opponent out of their crouch animation. Basic example would be u/f+4 would whiff against things like KND+3 times to times, or Ling's FC,f+4 or Julia's FC d/f+4 etc.

Regarding how to defend self against pitbulls, blocking, ss, sw are of course important. And then there are these following moves. I know I'm repeating what others have said, but I will explain the situation which I'd use them:

d/b+3,3,4 is mainly for high crush as well as anti-ss in one.
d+4 has a similar use to d/b+3,3,4 but with minor damage, less tracking, risk of being sw'ed but it lessens the risk of getting eaten by mids like generic d/f+2 because it's faster.
u/f+3 is to gamble for big reward. It has jab crush property in mid-later frame so you need a good feel of this move when to gamble. It's -12 so depending on which character you're facing, you will want to throw this out less. Also be careful since many pitbulls like to sneak in sidestep along their pokes, which mean your u/f+3 can be stepped and launched. Main use for this is to gamble for low crush and jab crush for reward -- and mainly to let your opponent know that you're willing to take risk. Opponent knowing you are willing to take risk might ease down their aggression, letting you more room to breathe.

b+3 or b+4 I sometimes use, but the recovery is so bad that if you don't evade things with these moves you'll end up getting punished for it. So most of time, obsolete.

b+1+2 is more usable against pitbull but it's freakin' -16. I know these kind of moves are usually launch punishable on block, but I don't like how Yoshi's entire body doesn't evade. Low moves and mid with low hit box can still hit him out of b+1+2 on close range while characters like Lars, Bob, Feng their evasive moves are better. I only use this sparingly.

1SS flash is usually not worth the risk. Whiff recovery is quite horrible. Opponent can at least get in 14f moves when they see you whiff a flash. Good players will launch you.

NSS flash is very good and should be used. However, it's NSS

I don't use ss+1 against pitbull because the move isn't very good at range 0-1. It's more of a catch-running-in-opponent kind of move. Against pitbull, successful sidestep to u/f+3 launch is much better.

d/f+1 and d/f+4 only when the frame allows you to use them. Don't use these after opponent jab you, or in general, when you are in negative frame. Using too much of these moves on close range will get you stepped and launched.

Regular jabs such as 1,1, 1,2 and 2,2 are useful against pitbull. 1,2 is quite good since the second hit tracks, so in case the opponent sidestep the first hit they don't have enough time to launch you before the "2" hits them in the face. 1,1 second hit also has tracking, but less.
NinjaBeam
Expert
PSN: NinjaBeam
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey everyone, i was wondering what the best option for yoshi is when he does get up low kick. is there a stable combo from it?
Signature RETRIBUTION

d-ZeN-b
Virtuoso
PSN: ZeN___
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PhineBuyM3
I've used d/b,3,3,3 but my opponents can also recover quickly, launch, and parry if I try to use it more than twice.

made me laugh

dude you can abuse this move has hell, no one cares.
yoshi?s mids are too dangerous, or lets say they hurt more than 4x db+3,3
insanelee
tinh yeu
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
11 party.

bronson
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by insanelee
11 party.

bronson

You actually use this more than for punishment? I find it useful only on hit for impatient people.

Something for fun... oh well... but it's truth...

>>Tenshi's diary, 06 Jan 2011<<

Dear Pinky Notebook,

Today I was playing Yoshi. I was frustrated against that ugly cheesy Bruce because I won only a couple of fights. I picked Law. My opponent's main is Law. Myself I know absolutely nothing about Law. I won as much fights with my poor, incapacitated, basic Law as with my Yoshi.

God help us Yoshi players...
Signature http://www.TekkenPRO.pl - Community of Polish Tekken Pro Players
http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha, its quite irritating trying to win with yos when you're not having fun. I use A LOT of chars, every char 'cept mishimas. So its quite irritating when you can easily beat them when not using yos, but have a hard time when using yos.

Oh its also irritating how ff4 combos whiff when your slightly off axis.

Quick question, after b2,1~KIN~uf1+2 DGF, who has the frame adv if your opp techs? I use this a lot even though it seems that they recover faster than you.

Last edited by Rudy024 on Jan 8th, 2011 at 02:04

Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
insanelee
tinh yeu
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
winning is fun.

losing is not fun.

yoshi is a fun character,

winning with yoshi is fun.

TO win with yoshi is not fun at all.

dilemma.

bronson
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rudy024
Quick question, after b2,1~KIN~uf1+2 DGF, who has the frame adv if your opp techs? I use this a lot even though it seems that they recover faster than you.

depending on what juggles u do.

For juggles that guarantees KIN f+2, your kin~FLE will recover faster than your opponent.

For long juggles, FLE DGF is obviously slower.

Last edited by NoodleHead on Jan 8th, 2011 at 04:20

Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
winning is fun.

losing is not fun.

yoshi is a fun character,

winning with yoshi is fun.

TO win with yoshi is not fun at all.

dilemma.

bronson

Hahaha, I actually consider putting it into my signature
insanelee
tinh yeu
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
could this be the start to a beautiful and loving friendship? <3

bronson
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
could this be the start to a beautiful and loving friendship? <3

bronson

Ummm, no.

insanelee
tinh yeu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
my god! yoshi sucks so muuuuuuch.

bronson
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
my god! yoshi sucks so muuuuuuch.

bronson

And why is that?

BTW, a question: do you have any useful (meaning: reactional, not mash-and-go) launch-on-backroll traps with Yoshi? I recently picked another char with which it's so easy to launch like that... almost like with Yoshi during Tekken 4/5/DR times.
coilover2005
Sage
PSN: coilover2005
XBL: PSN2:HarakiriHoodlum
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
COULD IT BE??? OUR 1ST LOOK @TT2 YOSHI OR KUNI !?!?!?!?

Found this pic on SDT from Famitsu Magazine. It's kinda hard to make out WHO this is exactly... but with how crazy the char. design looks, it leads me to believe this could be one of them??? Almost looks like it's wearing a bra? I dunno. Am I trippin? Check it out:

*Look at the right side of the page in the top left corner*

http://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/04.jpg

Last edited by coilover2005 on Jan 12th, 2011 at 12:39

Signature -Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win.

*Zhuge Liang

Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
We will see... it also looks kinda like Heihachi's customization.
I'd love to see these pages zoomed, kanjis clear...
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kazu-Yoshi-girl
BTW, a question: do you have any useful (meaning: reactional, not mash-and-go) launch-on-backroll traps with Yoshi? I recently picked another char with which it's so easy to launch like that... almost like with Yoshi during Tekken 4/5/DR times.

In what situation? I thought I might have mentioned a few in the other forum?

Last edited by NoodleHead on Jan 12th, 2011 at 16:22

GrandgurE
Champion
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
just wanna ask guys,,why if im doing ff+4 i always get punish when on BT??i thought it was safe and i see some videos that is safe when they use this and can do a whiff launch
Signature Evil has a healthy appetite.Death never stop stuffing its face,,but nothing,,,,nothing is more hungrier than hunger its self