Top 5 Tekken Combo Videos Of 2010

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aris
The Beard Signal
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Over at AvoidingThePuddle.com, we have put together a list of the top 5 combo videos of 2010. Feel like another video should have made the cut? Let us know!
aris
The Beard Signal
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Check out our list and share your favorites. Best Tekken Combo Videos Of 2010.
Spinal Villain
Sodom Eyes
PSN: beastcrafttnbm
XBL: Beastcraft TNBM
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm trying not to be biased here....

Team A.C.E. "Big ACE Planet" is/should be a very serious contender. So much goodness it almost hurts.

The Main Man - Kazuya(pick one). Seriously top notch in technicality and creativeness.

Guc11 - Jack6(project KYSG) skillz!!!!

Golden Eggs - Several of his vids are memorable(to say the very least).

I'm at work and can't link you to direct vids(youtube), so I'll do it later.

Honorable mentions should include the works of: ogre Killer, Drake the Demon & sithlord.
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Sleeping beauty and Phoenix Lord are draw for me, no need to explain why...
CMV's I would like to add to the list:

Alpha and Omega
Lee vol 7, 8 & 9
Baek combo video by Marin
Bryan Fury - Crazyfist, Deatfist, Superfist

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Guc edited my signature, and I can do nothing abou- I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Shirdel
Iron Fist God
PSN: Shirdel7221
XBL: Shirdel7221
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
To be quite honest, this list is poor.
It almost seems as if you only looked at the videos from the last half of 2010.

Fifth Place, is, to be honest, not tmd02's best, and he himself is "only" a up-coming combo maker. Maybe it's just because you're a Dragunov Player that you're biased, even if you didn't mean to be. And I think even tmd02 will say himself that that wasn't his best work, let alone ANYONE's best work.

Fourth Place was good, but it wasn't as good as some others which didn't get on The Top 5.

Third Place was, in my opinion, over-rated.

Second Place had the best editing, but not the best combos.

And First deserves to be in the Top 3.

A few others you really should have looked at:

TMM's Last Kaz Act: It was sheer brilliance.

Big ACE Planet: This, I feel, should be first. The fact it didn't even make the Top 5 is outrageous.

Any of 36*Crazyfists's Combo Videos. That guy is incredible.

And I could go through so much more.

Aris, I am not attacking you, or your desicions, but I don't agree with them, although I do like your idea of Top Combo Videos of 2010, and I would like to see what some actual combo makers and/or reviewers think (Eg. sithlord, Di, TMM, etc.)
Tobi [KIIAAIII]
Destroyer
PSN: drunkenflowers
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
WOW, aris, way cool!

where did this one come from? just hopped over to TZ to check out some news and then you hit me with this one out of nowhere.

well, i feel real honored, man. thanks so much, very much appreciated.

enormously BIG props to all the other combo artists that continue to put out spectacular work!
i really think this probably was the best year for the combo scene in terms of quality work ever since the early T5 days. so much talent and great achievements.

if i were to come up with a top 5, i'd definitely include tony-t's "the new assignment" , team ace's "big ACE planet" and guc11's KYSG jack video .
Signature drunkenlotus media
YouTube
Vimeo
TekkenTreff
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Real way to take a runny yellow shit on my parade Shirdel

Thank you very much for putting me on your list, but as you can see the others arn't agreeing..

Perhaps if the list was out of 10 there would be a more fair selection, the realm of combo makers is pretty much blocked off from competition ( i.e. TZ combo video competition)

@ shirdel: Im just messing around, but even if Aris is a Dragunov user it was his decision to choose, there were other drag vids out there too
Signature Perfect Input: S.M.P., tmd02, Eternal_EMZ, Orochimaru, A.X.L.(Kknator95), Mordrek
prowl
Sentient Shadow
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shirdel
Big ACE Planet: This, I feel, should be first. The fact it didn't even make the Top 5 is outrageous.

The variety is great. It's fun to see such a wide range of characters in a combo vid. Overall, though, there is too much clutter and inconsistency to be number 1.

The transitions don't flow well and there is no real theme, unless you count all the Little Big Planet team dialogue stuff that appears. But that was neither funny nor dramatic. Maybe they were inside jokes not meant for a wide audience? I'm curious if anyone honestly felt those cut scenes added anything positive to the vid.

The audio levels aren't consistent and the team's credits plus avatars stay on the screen most, but not all, of the time (e.g. 02:09-02:44 vs everything else). Why? They shouldn't even be up at all because it's just visual noise.

Having said all that, I actually admire the work they put into the vid and the juggles are creative. It's just disappointing that the end product as a whole is so rough. A combo vid that is nearly 15 minutes long shouldn't look and sound rushed.
Signature I'm not afraid of going to Hell. I know everyone else will be there too.
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
About Big A.C.E. Planet.

ogre Killer wanted to do a Little Big Planet themed combo vid. Thus, the theme.

There is a lot of inside jokes and humour in the Little Big Planet cut scenes. The Church Of Fudge for example. Also of note....in The Main Man's cut scene....it says EWGF in the background. We thought it was hysterical when it first was released.

The introductory combos didn't need avatars because they were preceeded by our names in the vid.

ogre Killer used music that fades in and out to go with the combos.

In the end, a combo vid's luster or appeal is in the eye of the beholder.

Put any vid under the microscope and you will find errors/flaws.
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
Guc11
One for Sorrow
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
There were so many good videos this year, I can't even recall them atm.

-Team ACE's work are always top-notch. (Veterans ftw.)
-tmd02 > Best new comer of 2010.
-YOU > Don't have to point anything out here,

...and many many more.
Signature [空中 遊戯 専門 学校] [KYSG]

Guc BLOG
Youtube channel

A true master is an eternal student
prowl
Sentient Shadow
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sithlord
Put any vid under the microscope and you will find errors/flaws.

Absolutely true, which is why I hope my post didn't come off as disrespectful. The top 3 placings can probably be argued over and over again.

Thanks for the video and the insight.
Signature I'm not afraid of going to Hell. I know everyone else will be there too.
aris
The Beard Signal
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
The point of this list is to share my favorites and to find out what everyone else liked. No matter what i picked, people would dissagree, thats actually the point. There were tons of great videos this year, so many that even if this list was top 50 i would miss a shit load. Either way, all you combo vid guys out there, keep up the good work. There is nothing like a great combo video.
kyangwy
Kyu
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Love Kazuya
Drake the Demon
#14 “Quote” Edit Post

Actually, the Sleeping Beauty is the best Alisa combo vid to date. The combos might not look spectacular, but they are pretty much the best Alisa can do.
SCORPIONFURY
Warrior
PSN: SCORPIONFURY
XBL: sc0rpi0nfury
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
To be quite honest, this list is poor.
It almost seems as if you only looked at the videos from the last half of 2010.

Fifth Place, is, to be honest, not tmd02's best, and he himself is "only" a up-coming combo maker. Maybe it's just because you're a Dragunov Player that you're biased, even if you didn't mean to be. And I think even tmd02 will say himself that that wasn't his best work, let alone ANYONE's best work.

Fourth Place was good, but it wasn't as good as some others which didn't get on The Top 5.

Aris, I am not attacking you, or your desicions, but I don't agree with them, although I do like your idea of Top Combo Videos of 2010, and I would like to see what some actual combo makers and/or reviewers think (Eg. sithlord, Di, TMM, etc.)

LOL! what have you been smoking? that list is not poor at all, first place and second place are the best tekken combo vids out there and many people will agree on that. The first things you need to look at if you are gonna make a top 5 list is >>

1: Video Quality

2: Editing

3: Creative combos

Aris did a good job here at least with the 1st and 2nd place witch is without a doubt the two best, 3rd place has to bad quality to make it to a list like this in my opinion, No offence to the nina player but this video from another KYSG memeber should have had the 3rd place >>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmAZOEFQnvM

Btw i just watched that combo vid Big ACE Planet witch you felt should be nr 1 and quite franklly it was no way near top 5. reason > half of the 15 min long vid is not even tekken, it was fun and all but if a tekken combo vid should make it to a list like this you cant have little big planet in it or any other game than tekken.

So what if tmd02 is "only" a up-coming combo maker? Do you really have to have a name to make it to a top 5 list as long as your work is good? cant see why you had to point that out?

Anyways Happy new year tz.
Signature Tekken gamer since 94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTYo4YaZVYY
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post

I've already covered myself here.

ZRMs video DESERVES to be on this list, best AK combo video and he's even newer than me, so that really shows your attention to the newcomers.

The third video is over rated yes, I guess I agree but it's one of the most recognisable.

Drake covered that.

I agree but one can see that as hype, there ARE flaws in that video like everyone elses.

To your suggestions:

It's a great video, but that has already had alot of coerage thanks to the TZ combo competition to be fair, and one can say YOUR being bias since you're a Kazuya fan

This was a great vid, I guess the LBP thing was the error (Besides how are others meant to understand the inside jokes which are directed to themselfs?)

One of Crazyfists videos had so many errors I had to point it out in the comments, not everyone can make perfect vids.

BTW don;t take these as insults anyone, this is what should be noted rather than coered up.
Signature Perfect Input: S.M.P., tmd02, Eternal_EMZ, Orochimaru, A.X.L.(Kknator95), Mordrek
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SCORPIONFURY So what if tmd02 is "only" a up-coming combo maker? Do you really have to have a name to make it to a top 5 list as long as your work is good? cant see why you had to point that out?

Lol I really don't know, I guess dates work reverse here, the older the better

Agreed with your post completly, Aris did a good job, they were his decisions.
Heyshul _-_-_-_
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Love Eddy Gordo s fighting
and the best player mr law

TEKKEN IS THE BEST!
S.M.P
Peeee Eyeeee!!!!
PSN: SMashedPotatoes
XBL: Fah-Q
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
its his personal top 5, not the world's top 5.. why are people getting so moody over this. I think there were tons of great videos in 2010, my top 5 may be different but i think his list is a great top 5 pick.
Signature Perfect Input: SMP...TMD02...ETernalEMZ...OROCHIMARU...Kknator...Modrek...KoDee...Trungy...Bloodhawk...OFDP....LOC...Speedkicks...NeoXianWu...Blackula

Continuing to grow!
Spinal Villain
Sodom Eyes
PSN: beastcrafttnbm
XBL: Beastcraft TNBM
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SCORPIONFURY

Btw i just watched that combo vid Big ACE Planet witch you felt should be nr 1 and quite franklly it was no way near top 5. reason > half of the 15 min long vid is not even tekken, it was fun and all but if a tekken combo vid should make it to a list like this you cant have little big planet in it or any other game than tekken.

If you count the intro combos(and there are more than a few, almost a minute and a half) in the opening segments, then there are 9 and a half minutes of solid, back to back TEKKEN combos.

FAR LESS than half of 15 minutes was spent on LBP.

If you don't mind, please give credit where it's deserved and not just half wing it to prove an already moot point. It's lazy and sloppy.

Aris is right, it's his list and that's what he sees when he views them. It's all good. You did ask for our favorites and such and when this kind of thing does happen, people do get "active". However aris...you did say...

Originally posted by aris
Feel like another video should have made the cut? Let us know!

...thus opening the door for some spirited and hopefully, informative and enlightening discussions.

Keep your eyes on the WT.