Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chongibears
i dont know whats the frames of ss4 but i know for sure it is safe.,

BTd+1 FC+1 to ws+2 then fn2? i think thats impossible

WS+2 to fn2?! are u sure? thats impossible./

Maybe I messed up the synthax, but pull up Kimmotive on Youtube. I'm at work so I can't really find a good example to link you since I can't access YouTube from work hah. But he always starts combos with BT d+1, fc1, to ws2 pretty sure. Take a look, I think even in his fight vs Nin's Steve he does it. For sure he does it in some tournament video vs a King, if you could find that clip.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
you meant a CH BT d+1 launcher ryt?

i believe that CH BT d+1 FC+1 cc f+1 fn2 ff2 B! is posibble though.,
but ws+2 then fn2? i doubt that,

because after a WS+2,. a standing 2 is always next,.
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
FreeeeEeeeze!! YuR Nat Gud Enap!!!
SWAY with Michael Boob
Valium
Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
you meant a CH BT d+1 launcher ryt?

i believe that CH BT d+1 FC+1 cc f+1 fn2 ff2 B! is posibble though.,
but ws+2 then fn2? i doubt that,

because after a WS+2,. a standing 2 is always next,.

Yea, I have no idea how he brings it out so quickly. Guy is definitely a talented Lei, and he does such great mix ups where people always fall for it.

So my next question now that you got the syntax is why can't I ever land the FC+1 after the CH BT d+1. It doesn't seem to want to connect for me.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
Shinji2999
Fujin
PSN: Locolei
XBL: Locolei
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
when exactly do you use 1+2 ,1?

please give me an example,.thanks! i never tried punishing with that.,Give me a specific situation/move when to punish using that move.,

Well an excellent time to use it is when opponent is -14...lol

Seriously though, when u block a mid get up kick is a great example, after blocking Mishimas df44/hei ws 44.

The range is actually very deceptive, believe it or not but it reches further than old f+3 in DR.

And as I said the mixup afterwards is insanely good.

Try this after, this one is designed for people who like to hopkick as soon as they see leis back:

1+2,1 db Opponent will wiff uf4 guaranteed.

Cheers

Locolei
Signature I film and post all matches...be warned!!!
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
There was a post somewhere that 11 frames could be punished with

f,n,4,1,2 -> 40+ damage.

You have to buffer the f,n and its very tricky while you are blocking. I've done it TWICE so far in a battle.

And for
1,1 -> yes it doesnt do much damage, but I found use for it.

I think with some attacks that have a push back that are technically punishable, the distance is a big problem for lei. f+3,1 is too slow to get them. (Stuff that you could nail if you were using bob with f+2,3)

e.g. Jacks df+2. Try punish with 2,1 or 1,2 and only the first hit will land. The second one will miss. Same with some of Pauls moves.

1,1 here connects because the second 1 launches forward a bit. I think if I can buffer f,n,4,1,2 I might be able to cover the same distance and do a lot more damage but I just cannot confirm whether it is possible due to overall lack of skill and talent on my end.

But perhaps Green(Lei or Chongi can clarify this?
Signature Its all about getting lei-ed
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a question actually...

f+4, on CH stuns and gives probably the biggest fattest combo damage for Lei.

Once in a blue moon I land it and I swear it is completely on luck).

In the animation, Lei steps/slides forward and does a overhead looping kick. exactly like PAN 4. But he also kinda steps sideways ever so slightly. What I have noticed on the few times I have landed it:

It APPEARS to very breifly avoid the opponents attack.

but it seems really random. I thought it might high crush, though I'm getting very unsure about this. Sometimes it crushes, sometimes it doesnt.

So does anyone know the properties of f+4? does it crush anything? Does anyone actually use this in the attack set? Does anyone have a good setup for using this move?
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaptainInsano
I have a question actually...

f+4, on CH stuns and gives probably the biggest fattest combo damage for Lei.

Once in a blue moon I land it and I swear it is completely on luck).

In the animation, Lei steps/slides forward and does a overhead looping kick. exactly like PAN 4. But he also kinda steps sideways ever so slightly. What I have noticed on the few times I have landed it:

It APPEARS to very breifly avoid the opponents attack.

but it seems really random. I thought it might high crush, though I'm getting very unsure about this. Sometimes it crushes, sometimes it doesnt.

So does anyone know the properties of f+4? does it crush anything? Does anyone actually use this in the attack set? Does anyone have a good setup for using this move?

It has a few frame high crush
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
There was a post somewhere that 11 frames could be punished with

f,n,4,1,2 -> 40+ damage.

You have to buffer the f,n and its very tricky while you are blocking. I've done it TWICE so far in a battle.

And for
1,1 -> yes it doesnt do much damage, but I found use for it.

I think with some attacks that have a push back that are technically punishable, the distance is a big problem for lei. f+3,1 is too slow to get them. (Stuff that you could nail if you were using bob with f+2,3)

e.g. Jacks df+2. Try punish with 2,1 or 1,2 and only the first hit will land. The second one will miss. Same with some of Pauls moves.

1,1 here connects because the second 1 launches forward a bit. I think if I can buffer f,n,4,1,2 I might be able to cover the same distance and do a lot more damage but I just cannot confirm whether it is possible due to overall lack of skill and talent on my end.

But perhaps Green(Lei or Chongi can clarify this?

afaik u can not technically buffer a f when a n follows thats just not possible. I mean think about it, just try to buffer a f, Lei wont make his n step afterwards no matter what. so its not your skill^^

the fatest possible fn4,2,1 is 12f and it has to be executed perfectly. there is a trhead actually "punishing 12 frames" by evildice. he wrote that its possible to buffer that f, I dont think so, but I hope he is right nevertheless

so in fact Lei has no 11,12 punisher and also fn421 for 13fr is not that easy
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shinji2999
Well an excellent time to use it is when opponent is -14...lol

Seriously though, when u block a mid get up kick is a great example, after blocking Mishimas df44/hei ws 44.

The range is actually very deceptive, believe it or not but it reches further than old f+3 in DR.

And as I said the mixup afterwards is insanely good.

Try this after, this one is designed for people who like to hopkick as soon as they see leis back:

1+2,1 db Opponent will wiff uf4 guaranteed.

Cheers

Locolei

OK thanks for the advice!! il try to use that punish!!

i have another question., after a hit 1+2 , 1 , is BT d+1 faster than opponents hopkick?,.or ul get launched?,.
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
SWAY with Michael Boob
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Valium
Yea, I have no idea how he brings it out so quickly. Guy is definitely a talented Lei, and he does such great mix ups where people always fall for it.

So my next question now that you got the syntax is why can't I ever land the FC+1 after the CH BT d+1. It doesn't seem to want to connect for me.

haha,.its just like doing the uf3+4 FC1 combo,.haha.,
SWAY with Michael Boob
maibatsuthunder
3rd Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I heard that uf3 is a great move. I have been missing out on it since i don't really know when to use it. Obviously i just want to use for the CH and the possibility of juggling.

Now my real problem is when its blocked and it doesn't juggle. I'm in crane and i don't know what to do. At the onset, it's obvious that crane 3 and 4 are decent as a mix up although they seem really steppable. When you are at negative frames however, i doubt its good to pull off crn 3_4.

1) Whats the best way to block from Crane? Is it db for cancelling then pressing back?

2) Any crane moves with evasive/crush properties? I see some leis do uf3 and when its blocked they crane 1+2 then it CHs or something. Must be a crush move.

3) are you in plus frames after a successful parry from DRU or TGR~f or PAN lp? Sorry i keep asking this since it seems that lei is at a disadv after a TGR parry.
Signature Hear that? Didn't think so...
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
If you do a uf3 CRA and its blocked.,dont even try to force on doing something.,
just block db then b.,since its open to all mids and highs.,

both dru and tgr parry leaves you and ur opponent back to 0.,
SWAY with Michael Boob
green)Lei
do it like old water
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by maibatsuthunder
I heard that uf3 is a great move. I have been missing out on it since i don't really know when to use it. Obviously i just want to use for the CH and the possibility of juggling.

Now my real problem is when its blocked and it doesn't juggle. I'm in crane and i don't know what to do. At the onset, it's obvious that crane 3 and 4 are decent as a mix up although they seem really steppable. When you are at negative frames however, i doubt its good to pull off crn 3_4.

1) Whats the best way to block from Crane? Is it db for cancelling then pressing back?

2) Any crane moves with evasive/crush properties? I see some leis do uf3 and when its blocked they crane 1+2 then it CHs or something. Must be a crush move.

3) are you in plus frames after a successful parry from DRU or TGR~f or PAN lp? Sorry i keep asking this since it seems that lei is at a disadv after a TGR parry.

SNA 1,1,1,1,1 (or only when the last 1 hits) on hit or ch makes uf3 uninteruptable.
thats a great setup by the great Tetsuo

maibatsuthunder
3rd Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Great. thanks for the quick replies. Almost forgot that uf3 is a CH hunting move. From snake 111, df2 works well too. Wait, i don't suppose that uf3 has any tracking?
Signature Hear that? Didn't think so...
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
afaik u can not technically buffer a f when a n follows thats just not possible. I mean think about it, just try to buffer a f, Lei wont make his n step afterwards no matter what. so its not your skill^^

the fatest possible fn4,2,1 is 12f and it has to be executed perfectly. there is a trhead actually "punishing 12 frames" by evildice. he wrote that its possible to buffer that f, I dont think so, but I hope he is right nevertheless

so in fact Lei has no 11,12 punisher and also fn421 for 13fr is not that easy

I don't know if it is Bufferable as per se... but this definitely does work:

once you make the block, you start to hold f .

The moment the block animation ends, you let go of the stick to go into n.

Try that first and you'll find that indeed, Lei will make the slide step forward.

THEN, try hold forward, the mment the animation ends, you relase the stick and hit 4,2,1

It isn't very different to being just damn fast at f,n I suppose, but in a way I kinda buffer the f here. Again, happens once in a bloody blue moon because in a battle you have to do this under pressure.

Yes I did read that somewhere in here and it does work.
CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
SNA 1,1,1,1,1 (or only when the last 1 hits) on hit or ch makes uf3 uninteruptable.
thats a great setup by the great Tetsuo

What do you mean by uninteruptable e.g. it is guaranteed to land?

Are you saying that SNA 1,1,1... (last one hits) then throw up a uf3 for a juggle?
green)Lei
do it like old water
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you mean by uninteruptable e.g. it is guaranteed to land?

Are you saying that SNA 1,1,1... (last one hits) then throw up a uf3 for a juggle?

dont mixup uninteruptable and guaranteed. uninteruptable means that uf3 is faster then any possible move your opponent can make after the last 1 hits, and uf3 is safe. so u have no risk at all. just throw it out, when they do anything than block u will have a free juggle. when they block just cancel ur crane stance and ur fine

I don't know if it is Bufferable as per se... but this definitely does work:

once you make the block, you start to hold f .

The moment the block animation ends, you let go of the stick to go into n.

Try that first and you'll find that indeed, Lei will make the slide step forward.

THEN, try hold forward, the mment the animation ends, you relase the stick and hit 4,2,1

It isn't very different to being just damn fast at f,n I suppose, but in a way I kinda buffer the f here. Again, happens once in a bloody blue moon because in a battle you have to do this under pressure.

Yes I did read that somewhere in here and it does work.

so what does definitely work? punishing 12f? and even if its possible its impossible to land it in a real match? is 13f reliable?

CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah I see. I will throw the uf-3 now. That will be cool if it will land once in a while! Freebie launcher + SNA 111 dmg. Love it.

f,n , 4,1,2

I guess this is somehow going to be important if we want to play at that next level where more things hurt when playing against Lei.

Suiken reported that he could do it 4/10 times. But that was 3 months ago. He has probably got it to 8/10 times now...

I can't do it, but that is because I suffer from retardation of the eyes and the hands. Commonly known as lack of hand and eye co-ordination. But for experts like yourself, you and chongi, you should be able to nail it plenty of times. I reckon 1/2 an hour of trying the little buffer technique that I described to you earlier on and you'll get it.

It's not MUCH harder than the magic 4 , f,n,2

I can't even do that right, its as if you have to land the magic 4 in a special position to pull it off. is that true by the way? Do you have to land the magic 4 on CH at a close range or the f,n,2 will miss? or its purely how fast you get the 2 out?

Do you want to slide as far as you can before you hit the 2, or the 2 as quick as you can? I can do this 2/10 times at best.
green)Lei
do it like old water
#39 “Quote” Edit Post

Suiken reported that he could do it 4/10 times. But that was 3 months ago. He has probably got it to 8/10 times now...

12f or 13f? thats the question

magic 4 can whiff due to range sometimes, yes. not a matter of speed, unfortunately

CaptainInsano
5th Dan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
according to the other posts in the forum it is 12f