Ask a QUESTION and GET an ANSWER thread

Page Splits 123>...32
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
for any Questions for everything about Lei,.just ask it here,.

Dont create new threads,. it will just flood the Lei forums,.

All questions can b asked here.,I'll do my best to answer them.

,Thank You for your cooperation!!,.
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
FreeeeEeeeze!! YuR Nat Gud Enap!!!
SWAY with Michael Boob
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
thank you chongi

ok Ill start

does anyone else have problems with ss into uf1+2 throw? I often get randomly uf1.
is this avoidable? or is it random t6 buggyness?

please test it and report. it can be soo useful
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
i never use those moves but just try buffering 1 or 2,.so ul get a ss uf1+2.,

imo i dont find it too useful,.

id rather use ss df+2 or ss4,.=)
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
SWAY with Michael Boob
green)Lei
do it like old water
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
thats the problem dude, buffering doesnt change anything. please check it out when u find some time. would be really appreciated

when u are on 1player side and ss into the background, the arms are hardly seeable, that throw is a killer^^

chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok ill try to check on that.,

i rarely throw in my fights.,dru grab is the one i mostly use.,

but il try.,IMO the uf1+2 has low range.,u rily have to be near to execute the grab,.
SWAY with Michael Boob
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
great job chongi!
Always thought it was weird why everyone else have one and Lei didn't

Anyways don't know about the uf+1+2 been uf+1 but when I started T6 I had trouble with Lei's d+2+3 and it always ended up as d+2 but eventually it turns out that the button press input to do a move seems to be quite tight and everytime I try to do d+2+3 I ended up doing d+2~3.
So it could be the button press timing or input lag or T6 bug or stuffy button (turns my df+1+2 to df+1)etc.

ss to uf+1+2 it is a great strat, wish that could be applied to ff+1+2 how awesome would that be
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
green)Lei
do it like old water
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
great job chongi!
Always thought it was weird why everyone else have one and Lei didn't

Anyways don't know about the uf+1+2 been uf+1 but when I started T6 I had trouble with Lei's d+2+3 and it always ended up as d+2 but eventually it turns out that the button press input to do a move seems to be quite tight and everytime I try to do d+2+3 I ended up doing d+2~3.
So it could be the button press timing or input lag or T6 bug or stuffy button (turns my df+1+2 to df+1)etc.

ss to uf+1+2 it is a great strat, wish that could be applied to ff+1+2 how awesome would that be

I have the same issues with ss into d2+3, its mostly d+2 same as ss into uf1+2

but wrong input is not the reason, sadly. with a ps3 controller u input 1+2 or 2+3 with a shoulder button and u still have the same problem

I assume its really a bug, which especially Lei suffers from, other chars have no problem with it I tested it

chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
@green lei: i tried the ss uf1+2 and i buffered 1.,i had no problems executing it.,

and in the d2+3 situation i usually buffer 2.,

but mostly i go to PLD by DRA d3+4.,its easier and faster IMO.,try it guyss!!,.
SWAY with Michael Boob
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
What are Lei's punishers?

What do you guys think is better out of his 3 i10 punishers? 1,2, 1,1, or 2,1? I've been using 1,1 because I like the spacing it gives. Are 1,1~SNK and 2,1~DRU any good? Also, 2,1,3+4 seems pretty crappy, it jails on block so if they block the 1st hit they can't get hit by subsequent hits, and it's not NC. Am I missing anything with this or is it really just that bad?

Best wallsplat moves? I usually go for SS+4_d/f+2 so I can get hws 3~PHX 2 B! d/b+4~DRU 3,2 B! works well too.

How do you guys work in the DRU throw? I find that starting DRU up close usually gets me beat out by jabs or hopkicks.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
green)Lei
do it like old water
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
What are Lei's punishers?

What do you guys think is better out of his 3 i10 punishers? 1,2, 1,1, or 2,1? I've been using 1,1 because I like the spacing it gives. Are 1,1~SNK and 2,1~DRU any good? Also, 2,1,3+4 seems pretty crappy, it jails on block so if they block the 1st hit they can't get hit by subsequent hits, and it's not NC. Am I missing anything with this or is it really just that bad?

Best wallsplat moves? I usually go for SS+4_d/f+2 so I can get hws 3~PHX 2 B! d/b+4~DRU 3,2 B! works well too.

How do you guys work in the DRU throw? I find that starting DRU up close usually gets me beat out by jabs or hopkicks.

10f, 11f 2,1 <--- basic
12f 4 (for steves sonic fang for ex)
13f fn421 requires practise
14f 3 <--- basic
15f uf4 or df2 <--- basic
16f f3,1 or ff3 theoretically
17f and more ff3 <--- basic

ws punish
10f ws3 <--- basic
13 or 14f dont know exactly ws2,1
16f uf4 <--- basic

hell yeah Lei is a great punisher...... NOT

I think 1,1~SNA is useless against opponents who know Lei, and u waste damage
2,1 makes most damage, obviously and its reliable. 2,1~DRU is risky like 1,1~SNA since u cant block immediately
those transitions in general only work against people who dont have a clue, otherwise is way too risky

only use for 2,1,3+4 is as wall ender, when bound is already done. like B! ff3,4 w! dash 2,1,3+4
sometimes is catches opponents off guard, but all over its useless

wallsplat hmm, Lei totally lacks wallsplatt moves or punishers without stance. but in the stances there are a lot of these, like BT2, DRU 1(when theyre afraid of the DRU throw)
fn4213 on CH is awesome of course just like ff4, 3+4 against sidesteppers
besides I agree with what u wrote.

when u lay down in knockdown stance directly in front of the opponents feet, u stand up with buffered 1+2 and throw out the DRU throw thats really nice^^
otherwise I use it after succesfull wallender. like df1+2~f B! 1, ws3, immediate transition into DRU, throw, and ws3 is also guaranteed afterwards. also fc df2,1,4 can work nicely

Nameless03
Legend
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I usually use 2,1,3+4 to bait wallsplat.

2,1 (blocked) < 3+4 works surprisingly often, for some reason. d+2,2 can also be used the same way.

2,1,3+4 is also my go-to string after sidestepping to opponent's side/back; Lei's off-axis juggles are kinda iffy, so I'd rather go for this string instead.

And yeah, instead of going for a re-splat on the wall, I also prefer to just go into a stance and pressure them that way instead. df1+2~f into TGR, db4~ss into SNK, BT mixup etc.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
green)Lei
do it like old water
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nameless03
I usually use 2,1,3+4 to bait wallsplat.

2,1 (blocked) < 3+4 works surprisingly often, for some reason. d+2,2 can also be used the same way.

hoping that the opponent throws out some random moves to interupt is not the way to go when u really want to improve your play IMO.

Nameless03
Legend
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
It's obviously not something to be done all the time, of course. I was just mentioning that it's a viable use for that string.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
green)Lei
do it like old water
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nameless03
It's obviously not something to be done all the time, of course. I was just mentioning that it's a viable use for that string.

it is viable, on a certain level I totally agree, but I really recommend not get used this kind of stuff

but according to this, baiting strings and things like that, I found out that df1,1 delay 1 can work against skilled players indeed^^

wait! is the 3+4 really delayable after 2,1? that would be interesting

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
It is delayable, not interesting if blocked though...
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
Shinji2999
Fujin
PSN: Locolei
XBL: Locolei
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a quick mention about punishing...

-14 I use 1+2,1 (42 damage) Its a natural combo and does more damage than 3 on its own, also leads to BT + 5 or 6, cant remember how much advantage, they cant bd uf4 from BT or d+1.

I sometimes will use this option even on +15 because of the potential damage (UF3 from BT + Staple juggle + the initial 1+2,1= 115 Damage whithout walls)

With walls its 142!!!

Something to consider..

Cheers

Locolei

BTW Cooler name, your Lei is clinically awesome, very very good!
Signature I film and post all matches...be warned!!!
green)Lei
do it like old water
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shinji2999
Just a quick mention about punishing...

-14 I use 1+2,1 (42 damage) Its a natural combo and does more damage than 3 on its own, also leads to BT + 5 or 6, cant remember how much advantage, they cant bd uf4 from BT or d+1.

I sometimes will use this option even on +15 because of the potential damage (UF3 from BT + Staple juggle + the initial 1+2,1= 115 Damage whithout walls)

With walls its 142!!!

Something to consider..

Cheers

Locolei

BTW Cooler name, your Lei is clinically awesome, very very good!

lol seiously i never thought of 1+2,1 as a punisher. ill give it a try for sure, sounds awesome

thanks alot for commending me, it means a lot when it comes from you. i really enjoyed playing you. I always knew Lei players are nice guys

sorry I had to go so spontaneously, our driver was quite pissed off and I didnt see you around

chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
when exactly do you use 1+2 ,1?

please give me an example,.thanks! i never tried punishing with that.,Give me a specific situation/move when to punish using that move.,
SWAY with Michael Boob
Valium
Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chongibears
i never use those moves but just try buffering 1 or 2,.so ul get a ss uf1+2.,

imo i dont find it too useful,.

id rather use ss df+2 or ss4,.=)

Chong, I am totally with you with the ss4. Excellent move that actually launches and I punish quite a bit with it. Although I am curious, what is the frames on ss4? Anyone know?

Also I have another question, since I've been playing a lot with BT & BT dashing, with quite a bit of SS'ing into my game lately. What is that combo, I constantly see used by Kimmotive. The one is with the BT d+1, then a FC+1, into WS+2 to fn+2. Pretty sure that is the input synthax, I just don't quite understand how to chain BT d+1 > FC+1 > WS+2.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont know whats the frames of ss4 but i know for sure it is safe.,

BTd+1 FC+1 to ws+2 then fn2? i think thats impossible

WS+2 to fn2?! are u sure? thats impossible./
SWAY with Michael Boob