Page Splits <1234>...11
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Niq3000
Kyu
PSN: SupaSmashi3rutha
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Now that i think about it. A defensive Lars is easy. It the pitbull 1's that's hard to crack. Everything comes out so dern fast. And eventually ur faced down trying to get up while still being pounded and or stomped on. The only answer i have for this is to attack them first cuz if i'm attacking them they're not attackin me. but watch out for the lame knee launch Does anyone have any tips to stop the madness?
Signature Practice the Perfect
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
sadly but true t6 is all about being offensive pittbulling and just mashing till ur opponent cracks.
thers no defensive way to go, at least i dont see any

as far as I attack I cant be attacked that really seems to be it!^^
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
Valium
Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Due to some annoying matches I actually broke my custom stick other day, and actually put a dent in my wood floor lol... (Built up tension at work & losing to people that I outclass and would smoke in the arcades, but due to online lag, delay, etc. I lose Tom Cruise so they get my shoes). Also broke a PS2 see thru blue controller, all 4 top buttons flew out of the controller and the left analog stick is shot. Anyway, good thing I have more PS2 controllers.

So all ranting aside, I was playing some King's & Asuka's the other day. Finally got how to defend and rush them. And got the timing down of low parry even at 2-3 bar connection. Kept using d/b+4, and various mix ups mentioned by Niq, really abused Razor Rush a lot honestly. Especially the f,N+1<2 into DGN 1. Also had some great Lei mirror matches.

Green)Lei was wondering what you think I should do instead of the F+1, F+1, F+3>1. Because I'm having a horrible time now landing FF+2, FF3>4. After I hit my launcher into the top combo I listed.

It seems when I input FF+3 I keep getting fN3 delayed move ONLY ONLINE, this tends to happen to me. Also we discussed the timing of FF2, should I rush it or hold up on it before popping it off. I can't seem to get consistent with that now.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
green)Lei
do it like old water
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Valium

Green)Lei was wondering what you think I should do instead of the F+1, F+1, F+3>1. Because I'm having a horrible time now landing FF+2, FF3>4. After I hit my launcher into the top combo I listed.

It seems when I input FF+3 I keep getting fN3 delayed move ONLY ONLINE, this tends to happen to me. Also we discussed the timing of FF2, should I rush it or hold up on it before popping it off. I can't seem to get consistent with that now.

it is important not to get used to the online timing, because once u perfect the online timing u will mess up offline especially the ff2 after f3,1 which i avoid totally online

now i dont exactly know which launcher u mean
my online juggles

ff3~b ufn4, f+2 ff2 B! works pretty consistent
u can always do launcher, fn4,1 ~ f TGR 1 B! this is quiet easy but deals less damage

about the ff2 timing theres nothing else to say but practice makes improvement since its a pretty hard bound ender in general, the timig varies most of the time, lots of experience is required. but it can be stapled thats for sure, but maybe not online, maybe never

Valium
Virtuoso
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
it is important not to get used to the online timing, because once u perfect the online timing u will mess up offline especially the ff2 after f3,1 which i avoid totally online

now i dont exactly know which launcher u mean
my online juggles

ff3~b ufn4, f+2 ff2 B! works pretty consistent
u can always do launcher, fn4,1 ~ f TGR 1 B! this is quiet easy but deals less damage

about the ff2 timing theres nothing else to say but practice makes improvement since its a pretty hard bound ender in general, the timig varies most of the time, lots of experience is required. but it can be stapled thats for sure, but maybe not online, maybe never

I'm telling you, for instance on Lee. I actually have a video posted on XBL of me playing a Lee and in a 3 round match I landed my combo the F+1,F+1, fn4,1, FF+2 FF3>4 like every time I did it. Then later on that same day, I played a Baek, Lars & King and didn't land it once.

Maybe you are right Green, time to crack out f,f+4,3+4 after B! and just use F+2 X3 into FF+2. And I've just recently go that ff3~b ufn4 down pact online. You mentioned earlier that timing on ufn4 after ff3~b, didn't understand it till I tinkered in practice for a few hours, and some private matches online with friends.

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
Niq3000
Kyu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Valium: Cool beans man! Glad some1 read it and it helped!!

(about the ff2 timing theres nothing else to say but practice makes improvement since its a pretty hard bound ender in general, the timig varies most of the time, lots of experience is required. but it can be stapled thats for sure, but maybe not online, maybe never)

Excuse me still new to posting and quoting on TZ. I agree with practice, Practice, PRACTICE. But as far as online, I crush with it 75% of the time. And i thought df1+2 was gonna be my main goto. ff3, UFn4, f3,1, ff2 was a pain to pull off ONline and not that bad OFFline. Now, i do it almost whenever i want. I know no 1 asked for my advice, but i suggest not giving up on it.
green)Lei
do it like old water
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
u just have to click on "quote" on the top right of the post u want to quote

i dont do f3,1 ff2 online anymore too risky. offline i get it 95%
but the ff2 is especially inconststent at off axis position and varying distance, thats why u have to adopt every time. only "braindead" juggle with lei is that fc df2,1,4 PHX 2 thing imo ^^

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
braindead juggle would be
f+2, f+2, f+2 d+2,2
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
green)Lei
do it like old water
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
i mean braindead and staple at the same time

Valium
Virtuoso
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I've started using with both these launchers u/f+4 and d/f+2. My new bread n butta online combo and alternate.

Main combo
F2, F3>1, FF2 B! cd(or I'm d after the FF2) d/f 2,1,3 F+2 B! FF3>4 (I think that is correct)
Apologize if I'm makin' a mistake with the syntax.

Also using Blood Red's combo (great for online)
F+2, F+2, dF+2, FF+2 b! 2,1,3 F+2 B! FF3>4 (pretty sure that is the correct syntax)

Also from FF3~b launcher (Thanks to green)Lei for pushin' me get this one down)

uFn4, f3>1 FF2 B! FF3>4

I've definitely come to a conclusion that those two F+2 aren't worth it, considering you have to commit to two dashes I'm pretty sure (ONLINE ONLY WE ARE TALKING HERE).

I get a lot more creative offline, due to my cd & normal dashing is on point. I can't use Kazuya online cause I mess up my wd's & cd's. Basically had to abandon Bruce all together online cause I mess up every cd, and all his combo's require you to cd. (Sorry for the rant)

Niq3000
Kyu
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
u just have to click on "quote" on the top right of the post u want to quote

i dont do f3,1 ff2 online anymore too risky. offline i get it 95%
but the ff2 is especially inconststent at off axis position and varying distance, thats why u have to adopt every time. only "braindead" juggle with lei is that fc df2,1,4 PHX 2 thing imo ^^

I remember being like that at 1st. And i left combos with that alone because i couldn't do them. AND Then, i went back an practiced somemore, and more, and more. And now its not even an issue.
ff2 gets more range than df1+2 and hits faster than d2. Because of these thats why you can B! someone off axis (or at least i can), no problems. And so what if FC df2, 1, 4 PHX2 is brain dead. Put dru b1+2 in front of it, and ff3, 4 at the end and you have officially just chopped off roughly 50% of their bar! I'll take braindead all day if need be. Seems like almost every other character has them, and has them for launchers too!!!
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
i mean braindead and staple at the same time

It should be staple or just drop 1 f+2 lol
I started using that combo back in T6 when I just started playing, I just f+2 then d+2 b! and thought it was f+2 to df+1+2 since they had similar animation
green)Lei
do it like old water
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Niq3000
I remember being like that at 1st. And i left combos with that alone because i couldn't do them. AND Then, i went back an practiced somemore, and more, and more. And now its not even an issue.
ff2 gets more range than df1+2 and hits faster than d2. Because of these thats why you can B! someone off axis (or at least i can), no problems. And so what if FC df2, 1, 4 PHX2 is brain dead. Put dru b1+2 in front of it, and ff3, 4 at the end and you have officially just chopped off roughly 50% of their bar! I'll take braindead all day if need be. Seems like almost every other character has them, and has them for launchers too!!!

what i wrote is not my experience before going to practise mode but after playing tons of games. Lei juggles are relatively inconsistent overall

for ex try df2 from maxrange staple juggle, like f3,1 f2, ff2 and ff2 will whiff at a lot of chars without a little dash before B! ender.

also try this juggle after ssl and it wont work reliably, of course there are juggles after ssl but u have to be satisfied with less damage

I see top players on youtube avoiding these juggles because theyre afraid of messing it up

and "braindead" means no skill required not that it is useless dont get me wrong here

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
what i wrote is not my experience before going to practise mode but after playing tons of games. Lei juggles are relatively inconsistent overall

for ex try df2 from maxrange staple juggle, like f3,1 f2, ff2 and ff2 will whiff at a lot of chars without a little dash before B! ender.

also try this juggle after ssl and it wont work reliably, of course there are juggles after ssl but u have to be satisfied with less damage

I see top players on youtube avoiding these juggles because theyre afraid of messing it up

and "braindead" means no skill required not that it is useless dont get me wrong here

df+2 f+3,1 can slip a fn2 instead of f+2 for max range and allows ff+2 to connect much easier.
The other good Lei player I played skipped the f+2 or fn2 after a f+3,1
and also braindead combo is reliable, I can tell a new tekken player just to go and mash that combo lol that combo is just that easy
green)Lei
do it like old water
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
df+2 f+3,1 can slip a fn2 instead of f+2 for max range and allows ff+2 to connect much easier.
The other good Lei player I played skipped the f+2 or fn2 after a f+3,1
and also braindead combo is reliable, I can tell a new tekken player just to go and mash that combo lol that combo is just that easy

thats what im talking about. u have to adopt nearly everytime anew.

sure braindead combo is reliable otherwise it wouldnt be braindead lol
braindead means easy as shit and reliable in every situation^^

Valium
Virtuoso
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
thats what im talking about. u have to adopt nearly everytime anew.

sure braindead combo is reliable otherwise it wouldnt be braindead lol
braindead means easy as shit and reliable in every situation^^

Speaking of braindead combo:
Launch: d/f+2 or d/f+4 or ss4
~f+2,f+2,f+2, ff+2 b! ff3>4 (can use ff4>3+4 some people find this easier *as recommended by green)Lei* although I seen some people go into CRA stance or PHX by accident with that staple)

gg never miss it ever!

Keshtath
Legend
PSN: Keshtath
XBL: Keshtath
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Any suggestions for bulldogs that tend to spam the lower frame 2-3 hit combos like you see on Law, Steve? I do pretty well with some distance, but if they have a pit bull play style or realize they should crowd me, its gets ugly.
green)Lei
do it like old water
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keshtath
Any suggestions for bulldogs that tend to spam the lower frame 2-3 hit combos like you see on Law, Steve? I do pretty well with some distance, but if they have a pit bull play style or realize they should crowd me, its gets ugly.

Lei has indeed good tools against those pitbullers imo

against Law I found b1+2 very useful since Law has a lot of high stuff involved i his poking

especially on CH b1+2 guarantees ff3 into juggle for a ton of damage, and they will stop that spamming i promise

On steve u can try punchparry (f3+4) and hold back immediately to minimize the risk, so u can swing the momentum back into ur favour.

db1+2 is a little more risky and should only be used when u are sure it hits, means when u know when the strings end

last but not least a small fast d+1 followed by FC 4 or ws4 can work magically

Niq3000
Kyu
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Lei has indeed good tools against those pitbullers imo

against Law I found b1+2 very useful since Law has a lot of high stuff involved i his poking

especially on CH b1+2 guarantees ff3 into juggle for a ton of damage, and they will stop that spamming i promise

On steve u can try punchparry (f3+4) and hold back immediately to minimize the risk, so u can swing the momentum back into ur favour.

db1+2 is a little more risky and should only be used when u are sure it hits, means when u know when the strings end

last but not least a small fast d+1 followed by FC 4 or ws4 can work magically

Very good advice. And in addition to this, through the constant being attacked and being pushed back, i find away to quickly BT d1 to combo or BT d4. Laying down isn't that bad of an option to. But make sure to use d1+2. It's safer that d3+4.
Keshtath
Legend
PSN: Keshtath
XBL: Keshtath
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the suggestsion on D+1+2 & B+1+2, do you have any more specifics on effective use of B1+2? If stopped using it due to getting punished alot. Does it avoid certain type or ranges of moves?

Not sure if I'm missing something and its been tough. When I face the more bulldog style players who basically push, push, push with the short fast combos. I can block most of it, and have only been able to respond with quick combos that are high and mid. Of course characters like Jin have ones that alternate between low, mid, high, which means in a spammy poke game I wind up on the losing end of things until someone opens up enough for a combo.

If someone is spamming 1,2, etc. are grabs fast enough to get them before they repeat the the combo again?