Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
5 cords is component, not hdmi. you can only go up to 1080i with that. all hdmi is capable of 1080p, as far as I know of. if you can't get 1080p with hdmi, the problem is probably not the cables.
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡ °)

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
I don't know how many people check this thread, but I updated my settings ...

~~

I also tested HDMI cable vs HDMI to DVI cable ...

the HDMI to DVI cable is significantly better than just a straight HDMI cable. I cannot stress this enough ... there really is an enormous difference ...

for the people using xbox, I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest getting the xbox VGA cable and changing your resolution to 1360x768

~~~

running tekken or any games through just straight hdmi is NOT the way to go if you want to experience minimal lag. if anyone does try out using an HDMI to DVI cable for ps3 or xbox VGA cable, please do report back your results
I do not understand. But then, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff. You are using a converter? VGA, the yellow, red and white standard def, converted to what? My TV is a Sony Bravia 55 inch Edge LED. Edge LED mean it is LCD mixed with LED. 120 Hz. Pretty sweet. I use it as my PC monitor too, so I am looking at it as I write this now.

Right now I am using an HDMI cable. Not the multi-colored cable. The kind of cable that is a single connector. Pretty sure that it is called HDMI. It can do 1080p, but I have it set to 720p to reduce the lag. Plus, the XB360 can not do 1080p anyway. What a cop out. I guess I should be thankful it does 720p.

But anyway, Kane, I am interested in trying out your 1360x768 setting. The TV is less than a year old. I picked it up at Christmas time this past Christmas. It was on sale, so I got myself a Christmas present, lol
KulaCC
2nd Dan
PSN: xoxLee
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
just found out what my hdtv's serial is..
any suggestions for my hdtv's picture settings for gaming? i have a
"46-inch Samsung LA46B550K1R XP LCD TV"
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok way out there, just redid my xbox stuff, so what did you adjust your reference levels to, standard, intermediate or expanded
deviljin102
Iron Fist God
PSN: PsyChoTik_RiCaN
XBL: OsirisRae
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by XelNaga
Ok way out there, just redid my xbox stuff, so what did you adjust your reference levels to, standard, intermediate or expanded

I use expanded, and it's look amazing ever since.

@ topic, I updated my HDTV settings, lol I finally got a 1080p tv.

Also, I noticed my old hdmi cables, were freaking horrible, it was noticeable playing MK, especially during xray, it was slow, and the colors seemed off, I did the right thing and upgraded my hdmi cables to 1.4a with built in ethernet, and wow what a difference!

Colors a virbrant, more natural looking, when I perform an xray in mk, it's completly smooth, no hiccups, also it runs smoother, and my other games look ever more natural.

I highly recommend anyone with outdated hdmi cables do this, the old ones I had used were 1.2 or 1.1. but still, it's a big difference, since these new cables, are high speed.

Hope that helps some people, that are willing to get a little more out of thier hd experience.
Signature Power Is Everything!

Feel The Wrath Of GOD!

...FML...
Sk37ch
Legend
PSN: Sketchstation3
XBL: Sketch on 360
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
My PS3 yellow light'd on me a week ago so I had to start playing Tekken on my 360. I have the Asus VH236H.

After a lot of trial and error, I saw the post about using the VGA cable (which I have) and setting it to the resolution 1360x768.

Seems legit, the lag doesn't seem to be noticeable.

I'm just curious, how'd you come across that/these settings? Trial and error? Or is there some kind or reasoning or tech talk behind the hdmi-to-dvi cable and the vga with 1360x768 setting? It's been a great help to me when I had my PS3 set up, and now with the 360. I'm just curious as to why this produces less lag.

Thanks.
Signature
Sk37ch
Legend
PSN: Sketchstation3
XBL: Sketch on 360
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay. I did some testing. If you can provide feedback on this, please do.

I hooked up my 360 via a VGA cable on the 1360x768 settings recommended in this thread. But after some playing on it, there was still a tiny, tiny, slight bit of detectable lag.

I then hooked up my 360 with the following settings;
-Wiring: HDMI-to-DVI cable
-XBox360 Settingisplay Discovery: Off
720p
Widescreen
HDMI
-Asus Monitor setting: Game Mode

Note that under this setting,the audio comes through the HDMI-to-DVI cable and out of the Asus built in speakers. I automatically assumed that it did not because usually DVI connections don't transmit audio, and under different display settings using this wire I would not get audio. But after using this setting, I was able to get the audio to come through the Asus built in speakers. If this was common knowledge then sorry for re-posting.

The settings with the HDMI-to-DVI connection seem to be better in terms of lag than the VGA cable.

Again, any constructive feedback would be great. Thanks.
Signature
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Stuck thread.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Do I use the same settings for the Dell S2230MX Black 21.5"????
Signature &
Kane
Lucky Lili
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm ... I haven't updated the first post in a while ... I didn't realize my thread was stickied til now...

Originally posted by Sk37ch
My PS3 yellow light'd on me a week ago so I had to start playing Tekken on my 360. I have the Asus VH236H.

After a lot of trial and error, I saw the post about using the VGA cable (which I have) and setting it to the resolution 1360x768.

Seems legit, the lag doesn't seem to be noticeable.

I'm just curious, how'd you come across that/these settings? Trial and error? Or is there some kind or reasoning or tech talk behind the hdmi-to-dvi cable and the vga with 1360x768 setting? It's been a great help to me when I had my PS3 set up, and now with the 360. I'm just curious as to why this produces less lag.

Thanks.

the settings I had posted are what "feels" better in terms of lag to me ... no actual testing done. but u know ... this is an opinionated thread, which is why I was interested to see what other ppl's settings were ;P

basically HDMI port is a shared port [video + audio] ... pretty much every tv / monitor has image "post processing" where the tv will try to enhance the image before it hits the screen. this isn't necessary with dvi because most people just use vga / dvi as a computer monitor input. less processing = less lag ... or that's' the idea behind it anyway.

as far as the 1365x768 setting goes ... this is same resolution that the game actually runs in for the xbox version [not 1280x720]. so in order to eliminate the extra processing required to downscale 768p to 720p ... just run the 1365x768 setting. ps3 t6 runs in 1024x576 -_-

~~~

as far as using xbox vga vs dvi ... I haven't been able to use an hdmi to dvi cable with sound ... so I really wasn't able to test that out. ps3 doesn't have the ability to use a vga cable either ... so I can't really do a feel-test with ps3 vga or xbox dvi.

~~~~~

phantom - no, I use different settings for this dell monitor.

brightness - 93
contrast - 75
game mode
sharpness - 80
dynamic contrast off

I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
phantom - no, I use different settings for this dell monitor.

brightness - 93
contrast - 75
game mode
sharpness - 80
dynamic contrast off

Thank you I really need this information. I kinda had a feeling the dell and asus would be different setting wise
Signature &
ArmorKingFan
Champion
PSN: BryantPrince
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the TV and PC button on my controller do for my 40 Inch LECD HD TV do?
Signature Shall rise! Craig and King Jr justice will be served!!
In a perfect world we deserve what we only can learn.
The PIMPS!
DaRizat
MVP FAIL
PSN: DaRizat
XBL: DaRizat
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
How do I set up the PS3 to use the correct resolution? Right now I have it hooked up to a Dell e228wfpc which according to SRK has the least lag but the picture is squished right now and the PS3 menu doesn't seem to give me many options on how to format the resolution manually.

EDIT- Nevermind, I think it is working pretty much lag free now.

Last edited by DaRizat on Sep 19th, 2012 at 02:44

Signature This is the elegant art of feminine conflict.

"* *** *****. ********** *****. *** *'* *****" - J****r K**g
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone have any experience with the Asus VS208N-P or the VH202T-P? My girlfriend is thrilled that I've finally agreed to part ways with my old 22" Orion CRT. Is the general consensus that all ASUS monitors are solid?
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
Kane
Lucky Lili
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
asus monitors are like mcdonalds hamburgers. the most popular / well known, but not he best

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...atabase.145141/

novicez
6th Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
@TheMandarin
BenQ monitors are pretty solid too.

Bought a BenQ GW2750HM 2 weeks ago and all I can say is it has good color reproduction, has only 6ms input lag and pretty cheap too. ($300.00 price tag)

In depth review and testing:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2750hm.htm

I'm currently playing on it via HDMi and the difference of response time(input recognition) between my old LCD TV(Samsung LA32A550P1) and this monitor is really big, so big that some of the combos that are almost impossible to execute before (CH d/f2 ~ pewgf launch) becomes more doable.
timmo420
1st Dan
PSN: timmo420
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
So is the answer a CRT? Cause I play on a 46" Toshiba LED LCD with Game Mode on and I am so used to it and haven't played on a CRT since playing Counter Strike Source on PC in 2004.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
PSN: lurking out there.
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
what about standard VGA monitors? using an HDMI to VGA converter ofc. Is there any lag if you use VGA?
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I Have a Toshiba with 1080 P Full HD.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Check out this display lag database that shows the input lag on various monitors. This list is not comprehensive. The monitor Kane selected, the ASUS VH236H is at the top of the list:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Is there a big difference between a monitor with 18ms lag versus one with 35ms of lag? I'm considering getting a large screen TV with as little lag as possible. According to this list, the Samsung UN32EH4003 seems most ideal but I would like something bigger than this, lag permitting.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006