Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
okay, let's face it ... not all HD tvs / monitors are lag free. not even the Asus evo monitor - VH236H / VG236HE is completely lag free ... however, with certain settings, you can make your tv / monitor as close to lag free as possible, depending on your monitor and settings.

if you didn't already know, when your HD monitor is set to optimal picture settings, it takes processing power [from the monitor], which in turn creates lag. even just setting your monitor to "Game" mode will not always alleviate the problem.

Are you sensitive to lag? ... I am incredibly sensitive to lag. I have the Asus VH236HL-P monitor and even on Game mode, I have very specific settings to attempt to reduce lag as much as possible.

I created this thread so people can post their HDTV settings ... if this thread is out of place or unnecessary, the mods can feel free to move or close it.

~~~

anyway, here are my settings for my Asus monitor, Game Mode:

Brightness - 89
Contrast - 79
Sharpness - 88
Saturation - 39
ASCR - off
Overdrive - 100
~~
Color Temp - Normal
Skin Tone - Yellowish
~~

to those who are sensitive to lag and also have the same monitor as I do, I encourage you to try out my game-mode monitor settings and see if you can feel a difference ...

Last edited by Kane on May 23rd, 2011 at 20:27

Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
-Arnul
6th Dan
PSN: sepulvedajin
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Very interesting, will try this on my asus.

I have a 40inch LCD LED TV i would really really like to make as lag free as i can
Signature Who the fuck is SEPU7V3DA-jIn? Dude just call me Arnul
JMS
~.~.
PSN: JMS_
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
how did you test the lag between setting changes?
Tool God
Asian Delight
PSN: TGSeraph
XBL: TGSeraph
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
here's a couple sites I came across while researching HDTV lag

http://www.hypercombofinish.com/post.php?id=90

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174085
Signature " in 7 years from now, i garuntee 16$ a galloon.
QUOTE ME ON THAT ! "
--Xeromos-- (Mar. 1, 2008)

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
FoxSteve
PSN: hotshot-sensei
XBL: hotshot sensei
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
With regard to the HD Monitors that Alienware sponsored at EVO (think it was Alienware) - the Koreans clearly noticed lag inputs on combos they would never drop which I am assuming they know through muscle memory and not because they can actually see missing frames. lol

What did the Koreans or the Tech guys do in order to make sure that the monitors they replaced the laggy ones with were also definitely not lagging?

Also - is there a big difference between HD TV's and HD Monitors as far as lag testing?
I have a 40" Sony Bravia which I find quite suspect and a Samsung 23" DVA input monitor which I find a little more stable.

thnx

@ ToolGod - gonna read up on those links now - thnx
Signature Steve Fox BR Combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnN8b9ELEZQ
Steve~Hwoarang Staple Combos TTT2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR90rkT6VTw
Hwoarang~Steve Staple Combos TTT2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqzeBf7ZTYI
KulaCC
2nd Dan
PSN: xoxLee
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the best picture settings for my samsung hdtv for gaming?
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Goodness, thank God I found this thread, my family have a 42" LG42PJ350. I might as well read up and try different settings.

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

Kane
Lucky Lili
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know how many people check this thread, but I updated my settings ...

~~

I also tested HDMI cable vs HDMI to DVI cable ...

the HDMI to DVI cable is significantly better than just a straight HDMI cable. I cannot stress this enough ... there really is an enormous difference ...

for the people using xbox, I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest getting the xbox VGA cable and changing your resolution to 1360x768

~~~

running tekken or any games through just straight hdmi is NOT the way to go if you want to experience minimal lag. if anyone does try out using an HDMI to DVI cable for ps3 or xbox VGA cable, please do report back your results

I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
Kidis1
1st Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I`m using hdmi > dvi and have no lag at all,but i can`t really compare cables cause my screen is just an old samsung computer lcd screen.
JMS
~.~.
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
dont have a splitter to do any conclusive testing with numbers, but in practice mode i could not feel a difference between dvi n hdmi. im on a ps3 with 24" asus though.
Kane
Lucky Lili
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JMS
dont have a splitter to do any conclusive testing with numbers, but in practice mode i could not feel a difference between dvi n hdmi. im on a ps3 with 24" asus though.

I haven't had too many people play on the monitor, but so far, other than myself, I've had wcgalo and rip both play on the dvi connection vs the hdmi and they both said they felt less lag with the hdmi->dvi connection.

JMS
~.~.
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
you guys play offline, so youre probably more sensitive.

does your monitor have the same display options for hdmi n dvi?
Kane
Lucky Lili
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah they're the same

JMS
~.~.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
how do you handle the audio with hdmi to dvi?
Kane
Lucky Lili
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
hm, you need the composite cables ... red,yellow,white. in your ps3 xmb, you can set the audio to play through composite rather than hdmi. if you don't have an external speaker system that accepts the red/white rca audio, then you need an adapter for the red/white rca audio into male audio jack... which typically doesn't cost more than $5

JMS
~.~.
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
ah, good call. i will purchase an adapter for the audio and put my trust in dvi.
KulaCC
2nd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
does a AV Multi Cable or any AV cable support 1080p on various/all HD tv's?
JMS
~.~.
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
you need hdmi for 1080p. component for 1080i (more lag with interlaced).

i had a y adapter in the house. so i am on dvi now. cant say for sure yet, but i have been dropping my juggles. this tends to happen when i play on crt after only playing online.

Last edited by JMS on May 27th, 2011 at 08:03

Kane
Lucky Lili
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KulaCC
does a AV Multi Cable or any AV cable support 1080p on various/all HD tv's?

are you referring to the red,yellow,white composite cable? ... if so, those are only capable of maximum 480i or 480p, nothing more

KulaCC
2nd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
are you referring to the red,yellow,white composite cable? ... if so, those are only capable of maximum 480i or 480p, nothing more

how about the one with 5 cords? bcos im having problem with my cheap hdmi. it does 1080i but not 1080p. im looking for hi-speed sony hdmi but i cant find any here in the phil. any guides or tweaks? much thanks