The "King Vs" Matchup thread

Page Splits <1234>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
goldhedgehog
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I have problems playing against defensive asuka players that rely way too much on b3. Any help?
Signature u wot m8
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by goldhedgehog
I have problems playing against defensive asuka players that rely way too much on b3. Any help?

As an Asuka player I'll tell you if your opponent is working around b+3, you're going to want to turtle up a bit more as that move is extremely punishable(-23 IIRC), and you'll want to be careful with both highs and lows, since it can crush both when timed properly. d/f+1>2 and f+4 will keep her honest as b+3 won't crush that... b+3 is i16, so definitely don't attack while at a disadvantage or you'll eat it all day long.

Space the girl out, she has short stubby range outside of f+2 and f+1+2. Beyond that her longest range attack is d/f+4.

Also be careful SS'ing as Asuka's f+4 gives +f on block and is a homing move, but it's high. Her other homing move is f,f+3 and that's -14. b+3 also tracks extremely well, but it's not a full on homing move. You get enough of an advantage off blocking it though to not need to worry about SS'ing it though.

And just in case your opposing asuka decides to try and sucker you with f+3 cancels, GS_GS2 her as she can't cancel and duck in time, she gets stuck having to guess the break. I'd say hop-kick, but if you read wrong and she cancels she can block and punish. Of course she gets, at best, b+1+4 for practically no damage on punishment at -12 for a whopping 21 damage... King is totally shaking in his boots.

Speaking of which, she can't punish very well until you reach -15, where she get's d/f+2 with VERY little range. -10 might as well be safe as all she gets is a 1, -11 she gets a 4, -12 she gets b+1+4, and finally a KD at -13 with 2,3 which still only does like 31 damage IIRC.

I'll let someone else cover which other moves hit a b+3 asuka, as all the asuka's I play against know only to use that move when you're positive of the out-come because you can murder it on block. Hop knee will beat all follow-up options she has, whether she uses b+3,4,3 or b+3,2 or just reverts to blocking, she belongs to you on block.

Hope this helps!
Dtruth
1st Dan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, I'm not sure if its just me on Online play but I can't figure if some of Lili's move are punishable. For all the crazy motions this girl makes for example these back flips im either out of range for a jab or she just blocks me. Any one have a general strategy for her?
Pzikoo
Sage
PSN: MBOLIBOMBO
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dtruth
Ok, I'm not sure if its just me on Online play but I can't figure if some of Lili's move are punishable. For all the crazy motions this girl makes for example these back flips im either out of range for a jab or she just blocks me. Any one have a general strategy for her?

Here is the frame data from Inatekken. Read it and you'll do fine.

Lili's frame data

Don't get mad at me when something doesn't turn out to be correct though. But punishment shouldn't be a problem to look up for oneself.

/ JFK

Last edited by Pzikoo on Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:13

Signature No thanks.
Dtruth
1st Dan
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the frame data, but one more concern I recently learned from getting my ass kicked once again. Is I can't figure out what to do when on the ground after getting hit with a combo. Definitely when I'm next to wall. I tend to get own more so by Lili, Steve and Lee. Is there a particular side I should tech to, depending on the character? Getting up without getting re-bound or just re-juggled recently has become hard.
xRushz
Lone Wolf
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
how about law?

my problem is not his dss mixup

the problem is when law play pitbull..
spamming
1,2 strings
df 1 string to stop me from ducking his 1,2
junkyard mixup
d4,3 low and so on..

he spam all safe poking move..
how can i stop this? law always hold the momentum of the match with his pitbull style
Signature "Children, behave."
AperfectCircle
Voto Latino
PSN: Kappelmeister
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Is d/f+1>2 nerfed? It has been missing a lot lately.

What happen with d/f+1:2. I remember back in T5, correct timing gave you more damage as well as advantage on block.

Any particular strategy against Lei? Specially his new stances transitions.

I haven?t played since T5 ver... dunno, the first version. I am rusty and any help will be very appreciated.

apC
zachbuza
2nd Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
LEO
BOB
BRUCE
BAEK-
HWO
LAW

NEED HELP...all of these match-ups are ridiculously hard for me. specially the Tae-Kwon-Doe users...Tips plz
Howling
rawr, bidge.
PSN: renith
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick tidbit on baek:

Everybody knows that his triple SSL is pretty fucking annoying and abused, but:

use d/f+3 on your poking, its good damage and it's pretty fast(i14). also gives decent advantage and positioning, and it will stop him from doing that nasty huge SS.

Last edited by Howling on Jan 7th, 2010 at 04:53

Signature From Rambo III
Zaysen: Who do you think this man is? God?
Colonel Trautman: No. God would have mercy.

Dtruth
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it just me or is Alisa launchers relatively safe, when fighting an Alisa after many of her boost attacks or launchers I can't seem to find a decent punishing move most seem to have knock back on block. Any tips on her?
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Howling
Everybody knows that his triple SSL is pretty fucking annoying and abused

it's actually triple SSR
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

Iz-GOod
Deity
PSN: Iz-GOod
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it just me or is Alisa launchers relatively safe, when fighting an Alisa after many of her boost attacks or launchers I can't seem to find a decent punishing move most seem to have knock back on block. Any tips on her?

Yeah most of her stuff is safe. The only one I know is if you block her hopkick into falling punch thingy (looks like uf4,2 or something), you'll be in FC position but you can punish with a rising 4.

She also has a running punch that's high and gives her frame advantage (or at least 0-frame). Just remember it's high, so duck and punish!
Signature You can't escape the crotch dive. Nobody escapes the crotch dive.
zachbuza
2nd Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Um Zafina help...A lot of her moves beat out king's moves...having a hard time finding an opening in her moves
tantrumz
PSN: exokid
#34 “Quote” Edit Post

Maybe this can help you. LINK

alisa's pokes are annoying. db3 and df4 are both long range pokes, must have patience with players spamming those

also b3+4, 3+4 (the flying launcher where she bounds you at the 2nd hit) can be interrupted by UF+4 for a float or can be sw'ed for a backthrow. b+3+4 by itself is launch punishable

1,1 and wr+2 are both duckable but hard at first. you can tell an alisa player is setting up a wr move when she's inching away from you or when there is distance between the both of you, but good alisa players can iWR.

you can duck ws1, 2 on reaction

having problems with DES form though

Signature Playstation 3 nalang
Iz-GOod
Deity
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zachbuza
Um Zafina help...A lot of her moves beat out king's moves...having a hard time finding an opening in her moves

Most of Zafina's moves can be easily sidestepped. Try SS then hopknee.
glasya.labolas
Too old for this!
PSN: FOPotser
XBL: URAFPotser
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Go to practice mode and the Zafina thread on TZ and learn her combos.

Then play her up to 1Dan vs. computer. This should only take 1 hour or less.

If you still have problems, then you need more practice mode. Or online,

Mentor should not be a problem with any character if your fundies are right.

d/f+1 stops almost all of Zaf.

Last edited by glasya.labolas on Jan 16th, 2010 at 07:24

Howling
rawr, bidge.
PSN: renith
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
it's actually triple SSR

But It?s left from where I'm looking. lol.

And seriously, the only way to fight baek is to play him enough to know how to punish(since 99% of his stuff is punishable and it hurts a lot when you do) and watch out for the SSR when you're attacking.

It is very hard to attack him, because outside d/f+3 and homing moves he can step everything you do.

When he's going into flamingo a lot the best you can do is block and watch out for the big lows and throws, and occasionally try to stop his stuff d+1,n,2 or with a hopkick or SSR, hopkick. But most of the time block and punish.

Baek's tracking is not all that great either I must say.

Most importantly, try not to panic and duck/try to counter randomly when he starts doing those crazy string-flamingo-string ,or else you'll get a free ticket to gutstun land.

I know that even though I feel like I know how to play him now, It's still a good hard match, specially against my competition.

Last edited by Howling on Jan 16th, 2010 at 16:04

Signature From Rambo III
Zaysen: Who do you think this man is? God?
Colonel Trautman: No. God would have mercy.

Odin731
2nd Dan
XBL: Coziermist
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
i know its off topic but..

how come i never see anyone doing f,hcf+2 ? maybe i'm not watching the right vids but all i see are GS' which are so obvious at times that its coming ( like when King's back is to the wall) and doesn't f,hcf+2 do 50 w/oki options?

I'm new to King so forgive my ignorance on the matter
Signature

Ya got 2 choices- spit shine or spit blood

Iz-GOod
Deity
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
GS is 10 frames, has a 1+2 animation and better range than regular grabs since King takes a small step forward.

GS2 is 11 or 12 frames and has the same range as regular grabs.

You should have asked this in the FAQ thread though...
zachbuza
2nd Dan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for all the zaf and beak help it really helping the game ...but rite wen i start getting the hang of beak...HWO steps in and decides to let me know that Tae kwon doe has a new leader.lol so in essence HWO help is needed. Although Baek is faster Hwo has great strength and maintains the speed to beat out a lot of king moves IMO
d/f 1
d/f 2
f 3
and even d1
and of course b 1 doesn't hit his right stance

have all been beat out or brutally punished for trying