Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
TheOnlyOne
a.k.a. I$AAC
PSN: TheOnlyOne1980
XBL: ISAAC SRK
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Well I haven't seen a thread dedicated to king matchups so I figured I'd make one. If there was a thread and I missed it please forgive me.....I will update the first post as I gather info.

Law:
Steve:
Bob:
Bryan:
King:
Lars:
Lili:
Julia:
Bruce:
Baek:
Jack:
Paul:
A. King:
Eddy:
Feng:
Nina:
Roger:
Heihachi:
Kaz:
Marduk:
Christie:
Anna:
Miguel:
Lee:
Alisa:
Lei:
Dragunov:
D.Jin:
Jin:
Asuka:
Ganryu:
Leo:
Hwo:
Ling:
Wang:
Yoshimitsu:
Raven:
Bears:
Zafina:
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Place holder
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Place holder
King83
Lone Wolf
PSN: Spider-greg
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally, i need this.
In general, how should king fight a pitbull?

i don't know what to do especially against miguel who spams df1, and mix with the slap move or low leg sweep.
Signature Monster
Devil
Angel
....when's my turn ?
ChinNuts
Kuni's Melons > You
XBL: AZWhitebread
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
using space. BDC, SS until you can make him whiff and punish. If you need a quick move to get you out, i still use d+1, N+2, although he might have something better now.
Keii
4th Dan
PSN: Lockershaft
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
On small characters don't use w! f+2,2,2 last 2 dont hit enemy..
Against lars SSR is the best thing.
Leo has strong mid attacks but doesn't have any fast low's that can put you on the groun. Just stay and wait for any of she's slow low's and parry it.
Nina - I don't have any indea how to play with that character, King doesn't have any thing to bite that %^&*(*.
Law - strong char. but SS'able and punishable for hopkick. Just look out on his bt attacks never more reversable v.v

Sorry about my linguage.
tantrumz
PSN: exokid
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by King83
Finally, i need this.

i don't know what to do especially against miguel who spams df1, and mix with the slap move or low leg sweep.

what chinNuts said.

b+1 is your bestfriend against pitbulls. it's not steve's b+1, but time it correctly and the reward is great.

question: does df2 1 still NCs on sidesteppers?
Signature Playstation 3 nalang
krizby
Kyu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by King83
Finally, i need this.

Miguel is a big problem to me. Specially when he spams low attacks.
Any advice on how to catch that Miguel's df1?
justheath
how do i shot web?
PSN: typedef
XBL: fatcamp lol
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have advice for fighting Feng? Specifically moves that he does that leave him open to u/f+3 on block.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
@tantrumz: As far as I know, df+2,1 will still NC ss'ers.

@those with mig trouble:
For Migs spamming df+1, df+1,1 is mid high, while df+1,2 is mid, mid at -10.

Should he transition into savage stance, your best bet is to stay standing. His scariest stuff are mids that can high crush any CH attempts, while his lows are generally weak or launch punishable. SAV d+4,3 is -15 as well.

Good spacing and swl will avoid df+1 completely.

@justheath: b+1+2 (as well as the f+2,1,2 shoulder), f+3,4, ss+4, db+3, db+4 are all launch punishable.

Should you block db+4, punish with uf+4_uf,N+4, f+1,2, f+2,2,2B! because of angling.
iSW afterwards is possible, but pretty unreliable. f+2+3 is safest.

f+4,3 is -12 too, so be sure to b+1,2 that sucka.B

Last edited by Snap on Nov 5th, 2009 at 16:51

tantrumz
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
against feng:

db+1~f to kenpo stance auto blocks a lot of attacks, but doesnt guard against knees or elbows so uf4 if you see it

uf+2 is a problem

never knew feng's f4 3 is -12 lol

be cautious whenever fengs do moves that goes into BT, most of them are safe
1 2 2~b
f1+2
f+4~b
can't remember all of em but whenever feng players do moves like those they are looking for retaliation so they can launch em with BT d3 or db into ws+3
tantrumz
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by krizby
Miguel is a big problem to me. Specially when he spams low attacks.
Any advice on how to catch that Miguel's df1?

a lot of miguel's low moves are launch punishable

db+4; db3 4; SAV db+4; db+1; SAV b1 2; FC df+4

1st one's hard to see, the other 4 can be blocked by reaction.

his other lows do only chip damage
d4, d3, 1 3(parry it)

duck df[4]1; ws[2],2; df[1] 1; ff[2]<1 etc

interrupt with 1,2 for df+1 spammers lol
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tantrumz

interrupt with 1,2 for df+1 spammers lol

You can't jab interrupt df+1,1_2
tantrumz
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap
You can't jab interrupt df+1,1_2

i mean for df1 only

if a miguel keeps spamming it over and over you can interrupt it with jabs, unless of course he goes into SAV

Last edited by tantrumz on Nov 6th, 2009 at 07:29

Snap
Where's the cheese?
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tantrumz
........ unless of course he goes into SAV

Which would then mean you're going to risk getting high crushed for maybe 22 reward, but will probably be a trade instead if he jabs too, considering Mig df+1 is neutral.

Even if he doesn't go into SAV, he can easily low crush with db+1, which has Mig strategy written all over it. Or even hopkick which has a habit of crushing jabs.

Eitherway, jabbing after blocking df+1 is not a smart thing to do.

Block the df+1 then stay standing and do nothing, looking to duck if he df+1,1, or punish if he df+1,2. If he does nothing, then you're looking for the lows to block/crush, or the throw to break/hopkick.

Whatever you choose to do, jabbing would be the last thing I'd recommend.
tantrumz
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap
Which would then mean you're going to risk getting high crushed for maybe 22 reward, but will probably be a trade instead if he jabs too, considering Mig df+1 is neutral.

Even if he doesn't go into SAV, he can easily low crush with db+1, which has Mig strategy written all over it. Or even hopkick which has a habit of crushing jabs.

Eitherway, jabbing after blocking df+1 is not a smart thing to do.

Block the df+1 then stay standing and do nothing, looking to duck if he df+1,1, or punish if he df+1,2. If he does nothing, then you're looking for the lows to block/crush, or the throw to break/hopkick.

Whatever you choose to do, jabbing would be the last thing I'd recommend.

you win its just that based on my experience ill try to interrupt them 1st with jabs so they'll think about spamming df1 over and over. especially when you're in those almost out of health situations.
Soulbrandt
Kyu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it just me or does king have a really bad match-up against Dragunov? I couldn't believe that his qcf+1 is safe on block. I can't do much to punish him. Also, when he launches me up in the air, he does his air juggle. When he finishes his air juggle then he hits me with a bound move then does his juggle all over again. His f+(1+4_2+3) is so damn annoying. I can't seem to break that at all. Does Dragunov have any weaknesses at all? It seems that the punishers I tried to come up with, it's all safe on block. Any advice when you fight Dragunov with King?
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Soulbrandt
Is it just me or does king have a really bad match-up against Dragunov? I couldn't believe that his qcf+1 is safe on block. I can't do much to punish him. Also, when he launches me up in the air, he does his air juggle. When he finishes his air juggle then he hits me with a bound move then does his juggle all over again. His f+(1+4_2+3) is so damn annoying. I can't seem to break that at all. Does Dragunov have any weaknesses at all? It seems that the punishers I tried to come up with, it's all safe on block. Any advice when you fight Dragunov with King?

qcf+1 is high at -2. It's not worth trying to ss. If he starts with qcf+2, then b+1,2.

Punish with 1,2_2,1:
ws+1,3

Punish with b+1,2

f,f+2
ws+1+2
qcf+2

You really should be ducking the 1 in 3,1,2. You have enough space to hopkick before the 2 comes out.

Both d+4,4 and d+4,1,3 are duckable on normal hit. If it ain't CH, duck and hopkick.

Punish db+3 with uf+4_df+2, with an itchy finger on 1+2 to break the throw transition. Otherwise, you can hopkick the whole bloody thing.

Drag has rather weak tracking, relying mainly on d+2. It's a fantastic move that you're just going to have to start blocking/hopkicking/parrying by prediction.

Otherwise, ssl (your left) alot.

It sounds like he's doing the B! df+2, 3,1, f+1, f+1,3,2B! trap. Guess what: don't quickstand or roll back.

After B! df+3 it's a 50/50 oki game. Get up or roll back and he can pick up with 2,1 for another juggle. Stay down and he'll d+3+4. The stomp is certainly the lesser of two evils, so you're better off taking that. However, you can reduce the damage (or if luck is with you, avoid it completely) if you hold D and press 1 (the stay grounded sideways roll) at the right moment.

Should he miss the 3,1 pickup by you staying down, be very wary getting up because he can still complete the string and catch you with the 2. Better off staying down.
Dtruth
1st Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess I'm one of the few who is having a problem with Ling, it seems the only reliable move I'm hitting when she goes AOP is df+1,2 , everything else is just getting dodged or punished. The same idea for chreddy but I'm just getting use to there mix-ups so I can parry more. Any ideas?
Iz-GOod
Deity
PSN: Iz-GOod
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dtruth
I guess I'm one of the few who is having a problem with Ling, it seems the only reliable move I'm hitting when she goes AOP is df+1,2 , everything else is just getting dodged or punished. The same idea for chreddy but I'm just getting use to there mix-ups so I can parry more. Any ideas?

If I'm not mistaken, King can hopknee Ling out of Pheonix.
Signature You can't escape the crotch dive. Nobody escapes the crotch dive.