< >
MarkMan
SDTEKKEN.COM
PSN: MarkManSDT
XBL: MarkManSDT
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
http://sdtekken.com/2009/10/15/sdt-podcast-show-no-1/

It's up. Feedback please!

SDTEKKEN?s first podcast show! Tune in as we chat about the console versions of TEKKEN 6 and talk about the Tekken community as a whole. We also cover other fighting game news, arcade sticks, and what to do if you?re new to TEKKEN or interested in improving your game. Special Guest, Harry Chang from AKSYS Games (BlazBlue).

Length ? 1:00:42. (Warning: Language may be inappropriate for minors.)

Credits ? Mark Julio, Ace Roa, Harry Chang, Nathan Aguilera, Gerald Orofino, Neil Aguilera, Faye Mata & SDT

Last edited by MarkMan on Oct 16th, 2009 at 06:29

MarkMan
SDTEKKEN.COM
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Stupid questions will be called out on the air.

Looking forward to some entertainment.
Devil JinKazama
Sage
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Will Tekken 6 (PS3) support XMB music playback? As in when you play the game can you play the music off your XMB in the game? Similar to what SFIV did.

Thank you for your response.
Wild Man X
Tekkenomics.com
PSN: Wild_Man_X
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MarkMan
We will be recording the final bit of our SDTEKKEN podcast!

We want to answer YOUR questions!

If anyone has any questions about the console versions (PS3/360) of TEKKEN 6, please post them here. We will review/answer whatever we can (if allowed).

Cheers.

Awesome! How long are you expecting the podcast to be?
j00n
Getting Old
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Based on animation/graphic options available (and to hopefully provide some uniformity), does SDTEKKEN recommend Motion-Blur On or Off for tournament play? (i.e. is there a significant difference between having it on or off to warrant a standard in terms of gameplay?)

e.g. Does input of an EWGF differ from having Motion Blur On than from having it off? If there is a different in input (input-lag) or animation (visual-lag), please do tell if it's significant.
MarkMan
SDTEKKEN.COM
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Wild Man X
Awesome! How long are you expecting the podcast to be?

No set time, however long it needs to be!
fast_handsCODY
Iron Fist God
PSN: bout_2_DENTONate
XBL: fast handsCODY
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
t.t.f.
Signature \o/ WWW.SDTEKKEN.COM \o/
WWW.TTFCASUALS.COM

The Dumadagger Countdown:
3 of 10
Wild Man X
Tekkenomics.com
PSN: Wild_Man_X
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by j00n
Based on animation/graphic options available (and to hopefully provide some uniformity), does SDTEKKEN recommend Motion-Blur On or Off for tournament play? (i.e. is there a significant difference between having it on or off to warrant a standard in terms of gameplay?)

e.g. Does input of an EWGF differ from having Motion Blur On than from having it off? If there is a different in input (input-lag) or animation (visual-lag), please do tell if it's significant.

This probably doesn't answer your question, but it might provide a bit of information:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-game-blog-post

Originally posted by MarkMan
No set time, however long it needs to be!

Cool, thanks!

Question:
Has the practice mode been improved from T5/T5DR? If so, what's new?

Last edited by Wild Man X on Oct 6th, 2009 at 07:08

NollaN
Lone Wolf
PSN: Crimson_SWE
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
will there be customizations/items that can only be unlocked in SC Mode?

Whats the best option for earning gold in T6?

Can you use your own custumization on another console? And if so, how?

how many stages will have new/remixed BGM?

What new options do we have while setting up a online game?

When a match have been recorded, what option do we have to show it to others outside our own console? or if we want to upload it to youtube?

Will the position of the lifebar be adjustable?

Does the PS3 version of T6 have the option for 1080p upscaling via the PS3 settings, like SC4 have?

OHH!!!!! and can you share all the awsom artwork you clearly have obtained

Last edited by NollaN on Oct 6th, 2009 at 07:20

Signature A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.
madman1973
Raijin
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
OKAY!!!

General

- In your opinion, how good did the console version capture the arcade's graphics and animation/gameplay?

- Is there any mode where you can set up a fight between you and a CPU, with the CPU fighter being customized as you want?

- How does Data Save Replay work? When you replay a save, can you play around with the camera/views, fas-forward or rewind, or is it just replaying the match as originally viewed?

- Can you output the Data Save Replays as video files so they can be uploaded or taken out of the console for use?

- Is there a Clean Pause?

Scenario Campaign

- Can you play through it as any other fighter (aside from Lars and Alisa) and follow that individual's POV through SC?

- Can you choose your AI buddy (offline play) as you please, and not just someone linked to your main fighter (Asuka and Lili, King and Marduk, etc).

- Do the other fighters have voiced and animated cutscenes or is it all just subtitles and stills as seen in some vids?

- In the Arena Story Mode, are there still interlude cutscenes with your fighter's rival again like in Tekken 5/and DR?

- So far who has the best ending you've seen? The lamest/weirdest?

Customizations

- Aside from the stuff revealed online like the TapouT shirts and the Extra outfits, are there other customizations and items for the individual characters that were added over what was available in the arcades?

- Very specific question; Are the Bare Hands and Barefoot customizations available for free with the characters like in BR or do you have to buy them again in the shop/Customization mode?

That's that for now, I guess... Thanks!

Last edited by madman1973 on Oct 6th, 2009 at 07:27

Signature Ranks are just fancy words. Records are just numbers.

For me, it's all about Customizations.
n a z Z
Lone Wolf
PSN: nahnah
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
1. Are the life bars adjustable?

2. Are there going to be new patches and dlc via psn?

3. Has the graphics been toned town compared to arcade, if so is this because of the xbox 360?
NollaN
Lone Wolf
PSN: Crimson_SWE
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by n a z Z
3. Has the graphics been toned town compared to arcade, if so is this because of the xbox 360?

for someone closely connected to the project to say that it?s the 360 fault would mean a big phat lawsuit from microsoft
Signature A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NollaN
for someone closely connected to the project to say that it?s the 360 fault would mean a big phat lawsuit from microsoft

But it's not illegal to say that one is superior over the other, it is to say that one is inferior
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
hamstar
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
@markman: Is online as crappy as it was for T5DR or has there been a big revamp. I'm talking about both PS3 and XBOX360.
Tensen
Champion
PSN: Mega-naut
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by madman1973

Scenario Campaign

- Can you play through it as any other fighter (aside from Lars and Alisa) and follow that individual's POV through SC?

- Do the other fighters have voiced and animated cutscenes or is it all just subtitles and stills as seen in some vids?

- In the Arena Story Mode, are there still interlude cutscenes with your fighter's rival again like in Tekken 5/and DR?

- So far who has the best ending you've seen? The lamest/weirdest?

This please.
Signature Check out trailers for my new films at -
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kazuyawright?feature=mhee

Diernes
Virtuoso
PSN: Via_Negativa
XBL: Darkf0rge
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Is their input delay online, as in SFIV, SCIV and T5DR, Or have they gone the sensible route and used a GGPO style of system to mask input delay. (MVC2, SSF2T HD Remix)?

If you want some stupid questions, you might want to head to the Tekken 6 official facebook, that place is a gold mine for em.

I would also like too know if I can choose my AI buddy in scenario mode, because all I have seen it's always alisa.

and finally. have they fixed the damn lifebars or is the hud adjustable in options.

Cheers, looking forward to it
Signature kazuya is the Iron Fist....
7thFonon
Berserker
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I was wondering if it is it now possible to control 2 characters with one controller in practice mode (example : Guilty Gear, Street Fighter 4). In DR, I've always wanted the feature so that I wouldn't have to switch controllers whenever I wanted to test or defend against a recording of myself.

I know someone has already asked about what's new in practice mode, but I wanted to ask this specifically.
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
My Questions:

1. In which way can i adjust the HUD screen?
1a. Can i turn off the information which mode i am playing?

2. I think there is the option but i want to know. Is there still the option to hold the last charakter you was using? If you use steve the cursor will stay there after a fight.

3. Are there any changes for the Ghost Mode? Still the choose funktion if you win at the end of an fight? <- ANSWERED thanks @ madman

4. Online-mode: Can i set the room without making a new one close so there can no one come in?
4a. is the ranking system like DR was, or can i ranked more characters then only the account?
EDIT:
4b. can i set the regional search to only germany or is it like dr all europe? in my case.

5. Practice-Mode: Can i do the CPU an move (like i can in the older once) but this time the CPU is always blocking after an move so i can practice punishments.

6. Are there character items that wasnt in the arcades? (dont mean exclusive outfits)

7. Whats the future of tekken6 will there be many new items to buy in the online-shops? like SC4 with longer lifetime i hope.
7a. OR maybie new stages?

8. I see on console pictures that the sheep stage and the tomato stage is not select able will the stages only be random?

9. In which mode do you think pros will be better at playing tekken6 Motion Blur on or off?

10. Are in the console Version from BR tweaks (balancing) in some moves or is the gameplay the same as the arcades?

EDIT:
11. If i install the game on my xbox (i will buy it for my ps3) will the loading times between fights faster? Can we install Tekken6 to our ps3?

i will edit my post if i have more questions

ps: sorry for my bad english but i am an german tekken player

Last edited by Ashesfall on Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:45

Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
big_al405
Legend
PSN: GrandeCapoAP
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there a Scenario Campaign mode for the PSP version?
Signature
7thFonon
Berserker
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
DennisZ, in case they don't have such a feature (talking about your question #5), you can always turn on Hit Analysis.... If you see the defender's color "flash" (go back to the original color), you did not punish the attack successfully.

Originally posted by big_al405
Is there a Scenario Campaign mode for the PSP version?

I believe only the 360 and PS3 are being discussed. =)