Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Looking forward to it!

As for the youtube clip, the audio goes out of synch 1/3rd through for some reason and it gets pixelated. Do you need a better copy? I have the original file saved and can send it to you if you do.
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
Tobi [KIIAAIII]
Destroyer
PSN: drunkenflowers
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
Looking forward to it!

As for the youtube clip, the audio goes out of synch 1/3rd through for some reason and it gets pixelated. Do you need a better copy? I have the original file saved and can send it to you if you do.

yeah, i noticed that, too. well, if you have the file from tekkentreff (the wmv-file), then that is the one I have as well. It was generally encoded poorly back then. I mean, it's only wmv...I'll have to mess around with it some more, I guess.
Signature drunkenlotus media
YouTube
Vimeo
TekkenTreff
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it me or the SNK~d to PNT transition no longer blocks low?

I have seen Lei being hit with low several times in videos.

What does it block now? Mids?
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
Is it me or the SNK~d to PNT transition no longer blocks low?

I have seen Lei being hit with low several times in videos.

What does it block now? Mids?

It blocks NOTHING!!!! They took out the defensive properties of that transition. All of the other defensive properties for his transitions are still in there though.
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Exalted
It blocks NOTHING!!!! They took out the defensive properties of that transition. All of the other defensive properties for his transitions are still in there though.

Yeah, I was very sad about that.

But my BIGGEST surprise, when I played T6 for the first time, is how bad f,N+4,1,2,2~f, SNK 2~f or SNK 2,2~f are. -4 on block on DRA. Those tools were precious to me in DR, they are easily top 3 moves for him. My main source of set ups. Now they are bad.

What are the main pokes from SNK and DRG to keep pressure, if any?

Also The 4,3,3 enders kinda suck now. They are much easier to see and interrupt (correct me if I'm wrong).

This Lei doesn't feel bad or weak, just... completely different. Seems like I need to relearn several things, specially his ground attacks, which I personally find very slow, and not because you can't do them directly, I mean, the moves from the ground are slow. I think people will block them on reaction eventually.

Still I enjoyed a lot and had a lot of fun.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Very interesting news. I hope mi copy of T6 arrives soon, so I can "feel the difference" myself.

One question:

"DRG 3 (L) (new low sweep, ends in RC)" ----> What RC means?
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
The Legend at the top of the page lists pretty much everything... RC = 'Recover Crouching'

---

Fhwoarang, maybe Namco wants us to stance switch more. After DRG 4,1,2~ variants, if you switch back to DRG you will still be able to SSL_SSR into TGR and SNK stances if they attack you with something linear. Now that DRG has a fast throw and a low, perhaps they felt the stance needed a nerf too and this was their solution.
drunken_fist
Kyu
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't play any Tekken BR until now, regular Tekken 6, Did Lei's BT stance and d+1 even knockdown for non CH? I give up with Lei online -_-
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
Fhwoarang, maybe Namco wants us to stance switch more. After DRG 4,1,2~ variants, if you switch back to DRG you will still be able to SSL_SSR into TGR and SNK stances if they attack you with something linear. Now that DRG has a fast throw and a low, perhaps they felt the stance needed a nerf too and this was their solution.

Yeah, that's true. And also because f,N+4,1,2,3 does a lot of damage. =)

I played T6 again today. Xbox controls are utter garbage.

I was about to buy my PS3 with T6, but I changed my mind when I read the comments on the online game.
KrsJin
3rd Dan
PSN: KrsJin
XBL: KrsJin
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Though I began to find some of the transitions not listed in the command list, it was really intimidating to try and find more. This thread helped me a ton. Thanks a lot -

EDIT: One I don't see on the list is d4~D to transition into Snake stance. Also BT d4~D does the same.

Last edited by KrsJin on Nov 1st, 2009 at 09:27

Signature Feng-Lei Wulong.
n8nmonster
SDTEKKEN.COM
PSN: n8nmonster
XBL: n8nmonster
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
d+4~d to SNA and BT d+4~ss to SNA were present in the previous TEKKENs. Not entirely new for T6.
Signature NatEn SDTEKKEN [RRD]
----- http://www.sdtekken.com
n8nmonster
SDTEKKEN.COM
PSN: n8nmonster
XBL: n8nmonster
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by drunken_fist
I didn't play any Tekken BR until now, regular Tekken 6, Did Lei's BT stance and d+1 even knockdown for non CH? I give up with Lei online -_-

This was changed in BR.

BT d+1 requires CH now for trip. However, it also cannot be lowparried now too.
Signature NatEn SDTEKKEN [RRD]
----- http://www.sdtekken.com
Valium
Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
n8nmonster, what is up man, long time... long time. Good post btw.

Anyway, been playing the hell out of this T6 game on my 360 lately, but anyway I've noticed the frame change on df+2 uppercut is ridiculous compared to what it was in DR. Wondering if anyone still uses it and if it has any priority changes.

Originally posted by Fhwoarang
Yeah, that's true. And also because f,N+4,1,2,3 does a lot of damage. =)

I played T6 again today. Xbox controls are utter garbage.

I was about to buy my PS3 with T6, but I changed my mind when I read the comments on the online game.

Fhwoarang I hear you man, do NOT use an xbox controller get this instead.
http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/images/D/xbox-360-xfps-sniper-plus-v3.jpg
Converts to PS2 basically, I'm rather using my PS2 controller or using my Hori 360 custom built stick. Xbox 360 controllers are such garbage for fighters, dpad is complete trash, and I CANNOT use the analog stick to play Tekken... I refuse.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
The Crane Dance no longer has its uber-tracking it seems. While it was possible to step around an attack, Lei would re-align himself towards the opponent with each attack in the string. Worked really well near walls for okizeme, and at times gave you a relaunch on the opponent's back.
Ken [Italy]
7th Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys, I really like the new lei, a bit harder to use but super cool
anyway, I've noticed that you can put a couple of frame of delay
between d/f+1+2 and ~f so lei will transition in tiger with a little delay and the animation stutter a little. Is there any use of that? You can do it in DR too but without animation stutter
maybe now it can confuse the opponent. Don't know!

another question: in drunken stance you can do the throw with 1+3 or 2+4, the difference is the order of the throw attempts (left then right, right then left if I remenber correctly) Is there any use of that? throw break is 1+2 for both sides right?

thanks!
Ken
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2 very useful against a parry predict Steve it opens him up instead
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
Valium
Virtuoso
PSN: Vintage-Valium
XBL: Vintage Valium
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been abusing play dead in Xbox Live ranked matches, connections dropping to red constantly. Unbearable really, anyone else advise for lag issues against aggressive players in this intolerable lag?

Excellent question about DRU, pretty sure it is 1+2 as far as counters go.
Signature Wang?s quote of the day?

?Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy?

~Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way")~
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Valium
Anyway, been playing the hell out of this T6 game on my 360 lately, but anyway I've noticed the frame change on df+2 uppercut is ridiculous compared to what it was in DR. Wondering if anyone still uses it and if it has any priority changes.

d/f+2 has the same frames it always has, it's 15 frames. The big difference is the RIDICULOUS hit box it has now. It hits at special mid range! Lei can combo 3 consecutive d/f+2's, something that no other character can do to my knowledge. It also seems to have faster recovery (hence the ability to juggle consecutively) than the other so called generic d/f+2's.

Originally posted by Ken [Italy]
another question: in drunken stance you can do the throw with 1+3 or 2+4, the difference is the order of the throw attempts (left then right, right then left if I remember correctly) Is there any use of that? throw break is 1+2 for both sides right?

thanks!
Ken

Hey Ken!

Yeah the "Out of Control" throw is always a 1+2 break. I didnt notice that stutter delay with d/f+1+2, that might be good for people who just do special mids to get out of Tiger mix ups! Good find!

Originally posted by [~DTC~]
d+2 very useful against a parry predict Steve it opens him up instead

For that matter it should work against reversals as well!!!

That?s right! Lei is using his forearm for that move! When I think someone's going to try to parry/reverse me I usually go for b+1+2, d/b+3+4, or DRU 4, because theyre all cant be parried or reversed. I think I'm doing too much work! Time to start using d+2 more often!
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
Ken [Italy]
7th Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
hi exalted

DRG d+3+4 (same as before, end PLD)

I've noticed that it's a lot faster than the normal stand-to-playdead
maybe it's to compensate the bad frames on dragon? anyway, it can evade
a lot of moves , like in DR
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
whats Lei's tracking moves?.,sidesteppers are so annoying.,hehe.,
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
FreeeeEeeeze!! YuR Nat Gud Enap!!!
SWAY with Michael Boob