Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KomboKaze
appreciate the thread..

still having trouble lightdashing.. I get very inconsistient the longer I do it

Its just something about Lightdash though.. maybe because it gives some sort of morale and pressure going... idk >_>

someone please make a vid lightdashing with balltop

and is the b+ 1,2 safe on block (the new move)
Lightdash isn't worth it. You only need 1 or 2 and that's it.

b+1,2 isn't safe on block. -14.
KomboKaze
2nd Dan
PSN: KomboKaze
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by moN nihciM
Lightdash isn't worth it. You only need 1 or 2 and that's it.

b+1,2 isn't safe on block. -14.

Ok.. thanks

hope you dont mind me asking how you wd or ld into the f f f 3 kick whats the trick
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KomboKaze
Ok.. thanks

hope you dont mind me asking how you wd or ld into the f f f 3 kick whats the trick
f,n,d,d/f, ff+3 for kaz/hei.

f,n,d,d/f,u/f+3 for DJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpfAihyf6uc

3:05 - I don't know how Ryan Hart does wd into running 3 fluidly. It reminds me of DJ's wd into running 3 without any forward dash animation after wavedash.
KomboKaze
2nd Dan
PSN: KomboKaze
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
f,n,d,d/f, ff+3 for kaz/hei.

f,n,d,d/f,u/f+3 for DJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpfAihyf6uc

3:05 - I don't know how Ryan Hart does wd into running 3 fluidly. It reminds me of DJ's wd into running 3 without any forward dash animation after wavedash.

good stuff thanks for help

sorry I have so many questions but.. I've been playing kaz for a while I think t6 is my time to step up

is the 1,2,4,3 still can be punish if the 4 is blocked like dr?
elbowkilla
~~~Moe~~~
PSN: Elbowkiller
XBL: Elbowkilla
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
what about juggle enders....after b! f+4, when does b+2,4 relaunch and when is stomp guranteed?
Signature Slips:I don't know which scrub is worse, the ones that say they can do the impossible or the ones that suck so bad they can't do the easily possible

EK_BLUE DIVISION

moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
B! deep dash ff+4 (fF+4), stomp works if they're lying down, standing up, or side roll.

B! ff+4, stomp works if they're lying down or side roll.

B! ff+4, b+2,4, re-B! works if they back roll or quick stand.

Has anyone found a new oki for Kaz? I like using d/b+2 as my B! move because it's more consistent than d/f+1,2, B!.

d/b+2, B! dash TGF is one of his oki but stomp doesn't work if your opponent side roll to Kaz right which is most of the time. I tried doing d/b+2, B! dash TGF, short unblockable but the short unblockable has horrible tracking.
Aken
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post

Has anyone found a new oki for Kaz? I like using d/b+2 as my B! move because it's more consistent than d/f+1,2, B!.

I use d/f+1,2,B! dash f+4 then dash d/f+3 oki

sometimes pick up those who like to get up to block the stomp and if they lay there it ll hit grounded but not all the time tho unsure why...

anyway it work really well for those who wait and do quick get up to block the stomp on reaction
Blaine
Master
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone tell me What item is kaz's item move is and how do i use it?
Signature I gotta become patient, fast!!
Toxen
Lone Wolf
PSN: Toxen-xD
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I have been playing br since yesterday now, with lee and kaz. I don't think kaz feels stiff as some people have been saying. I can certainly feel the nerfs, but he's still a great deal of fun to play with imo. It's just harder to be as agressive, but wd mixups have still been doing their job, so i guess its okay.

Overall im positive about the game, and kaz is definately not a waste of time as i had feared. He just seems to need a few extra precautions during play.
SublimeX90
Kyu
PSN: sublimex90
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blaine
Can someone tell me What item is kaz's item move is and how do i use it?

There is a page on the site that lists all the items and moves for all characters. Link.

Kazuya's doesn't seem correct, though.
The Jacket move WC, d/f, f, d/f+1+2.
Neo Sunglasses are u+1+2.
ray_81
Raijin
PSN: Ray_81
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Wouldn't hitting f instead of d get kazuya out of the crouch position? Link seems right to me
Signature 1.2.

i wanna play
SublimeX90
Kyu
PSN: sublimex90
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ray_81
Wouldn't hitting f instead of d get kazuya out of the crouch position? Link seems right to me

Ah, yes. Apologies. That was meant to be a d, not an f. I also took the one on the main list as Full Circle instead of Full Crouch, if that is what it is intended to be.
shaXx213
Warrior
PSN: Inspectah_FRAME
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
great guide very very useful thx !
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/daJOINT213
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I had an revelation orsomething and somehow I learnt how to LD in a half hour with Kaz in practice mode, now I can do it at the P2 side easy, but 1p is crappy, I can do it cross handed but I cant hit my buttons then with my hand in the way LOL
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
r0nix
5th Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
i myself had experience the difficulties on using Kazuya Mishima, he's a character that is really hard to master, especially the certain move like ch d/f+2, ewgf launch, at first, i can execute it 5 out of 100 tries,
but with enough dedication and passion, i so far can now do it 5 out of 10..

here's a vid where im playing Kaz vs my team member..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVRBFzkUnJU
Signature
Its Mishima time....
visit us on facebook Bataan Team Tekken
Rykendawg
5th Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
on a scale 1 to 10 how hard is kazuya to use and why.
vittujee
Deity
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rykendawg
on a scale 1 to 10 how hard is kazuya to use and why.

no proper standing homing move, and what you have is short range -12 on block with terrible whiff frames.
no good reward low crushing moves if you read your opponent right other than ufn4 which is really risky for being in the air for so long. also doesn't launch ducking opponents. Also madslow, so you gotta anticipate it really early.
cd crushes only high-highs and its rather hard to use "hes going to do a jab, i'll just do a high crushing ewgf". db3 is also high-high crush only. fc df3+4 is constant high crush with some midcrush with decent oki reward, but you have to be crouching or to do it through cd.
weak wallcarry
in juggles bounding moves db2 and df12 tend to whiff offaxis, df12 on whiff is launch punish, while db2 is generally somewhere like +4 or more, but you still dropped a combo.

sad +frames games with db4 and f4.

nothing tracks to your otherside and whiffed jab and df4 are launch punishable.

your bread&butter is cdcws12 and hellsweep mixup, also these are your main pokes. pokes that are ~i20 (or more). Also your tech oki is cdcws12 and hs mix. Soft oki (!B dash f4) requires proper timing. Also cdcws12 is -13 on block and hellsweep is at least -i23 on block, being launch punishable by ufn4.

your fast standing midlauncher df14 is ducklaunchable on block, also its weak damage and i16.
your proper punish for -14,-15 and so on is ewgf which is quite execution heavy move, as its not bufferable you will need to know exactly when to start inputting the move. Luckily, if you start too early against -15 you'll probably end up with df2 that punishes it. But if you're too late you get ducklaunched.

So I'd say 10. Whichever other characters I've spent some time on have felt ridiculously easy in comparison. Having a df1, hopkicks, proper crushing moves with rewards just make it all so easy.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dr. Cola
I had an revelation orsomething and somehow I learnt how to LD in a half hour with Kaz in practice mode, now I can do it at the P2 side easy, but 1p is crappy, I can do it cross handed but I cant hit my buttons then with my hand in the way LOL

Pretty sure you mean WD.
Signature Flushking.
TorqueStomp
4th Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
10. No safe mid-launchers ( hop-kick). No quick, safe mid-pokes (like most other char's DF1). No good lows (HS is so predictable and punishable by anything and everything). Highest damage juggle (aside from the ridiculously difficult ch DF2 EWGF juggle) is the lowest (max)damage juggle of most other chars..even with or without a wall. ridiculously short wall-carry-ability....

And still the coolest character on the whole roster, imho. I actually feel good winning with Kaz. Nobody can say sh*t about being 'cheap' or anything. Even with HS, they're most likely spamming an even faster low that creates a ridiculous amount of dmg via combo / oki mix-up.
The only real character. Nothing cheap or BS. His cheapest move looks like a joke compared to every other chars forgotten gimmicks.

Kazuya for life. If characters had a difficulty label based on ease of utilization, Kazuya would be Ultra Hard mode..and it just makes Kazuya more glorious. No victory is greater than the one with the hardest to utilize character in the game.
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TorqueStomp
10. No safe mid-launchers ( hop-kick). No quick, safe mid-pokes (like most other char's DF1). No good lows (HS is so predictable and punishable by anything and everything). Highest damage juggle (aside from the ridiculously difficult ch DF2 EWGF juggle) is the lowest (max)damage juggle of most other chars..even with or without a wall. ridiculously short wall-carry-ability....

And still the coolest character on the whole roster, imho. I actually feel good winning with Kaz. Nobody can say sh*t about being 'cheap' or anything. Even with HS, they're most likely spamming an even faster low that creates a ridiculous amount of dmg via combo / oki mix-up.
The only real character. Nothing cheap or BS. His cheapest move looks like a joke compared to every other chars forgotten gimmicks.

Kazuya for life. If characters had a difficulty label based on ease of utilization, Kazuya would be Ultra Hard mode..and it just makes Kazuya more glorious. No victory is greater than the one with the hardest to utilize character in the game.

- f,f+3 is a safe mid-launcher. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a character with an ACTUAL safe QUICK mid-launcher. Hopkick ranges from -10 to -14 in some cases. That enough to deter you?

- HS isn't predictable if you can mix it up with a mid-launcher that Kaz can pull-out from CD ie: TP or f,f+3
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif