Kazuya's Top 10 BR Moves

Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Aken
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I would like the moderator to separate online play style and off-line play style topic plz
The Main Man
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: TheMainManSWE
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Why stop there Aken?

Lets have one forum for the arcade players (the ELITES!! THE BEEEEEST!!!)

One for the offline console players (Okay I dont hate'em, but still scrubs!)

And one for the online players (KILL THEM ALL, SEND THEM TO TREBLINKA!!!)

All in good fun man

My top 10:

EWGF

b+1,2

TP

HS

f4

b+2,4

d/b+4

d/f+4,4

f,f+3

d/f+2 gets an honorable mention but its just not that great anymore.
JuanMa
Banned By Mod
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+3
b+1,2
f+4
ff+3
EWGF
HS
1,1>2
d/b+4
d/f+2
WS 4
Signature
SteveDD
Destroyer
PSN: SquallXIII
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
in no particular order:
EWGF
HS
b+1,2
WS 4 / d/f+4,4 (on different occassions)
d/f+1,2
d/b+4
f+4
d/f+3
Gates of Hell buffered from d/b+3, wd, d+1 etc
Signature Hell is empty; all the devils are here....
&&&
Grhar.来吧。At least make this fun?..Kazuya...
vittujee
Deity
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
after thinking about this for quite some time,
excluding punishing moves and moves used in juggles.
in no particular order, my top15 kaz moves;

brute force
1 ewgf
2 hs
3 ff3
4 f4
5 wr3
6 db4 (if opponents dont randomly crush lows)
7 semirandom uf3 (if opponent tends to spam lows to get me to duck for mid launchers)

at walls
7 uf3

poke
8 ws1
9 ws4_df4
10 b2_b2<4
11 f3
12 11<2
13 d4

intercept
14 df2

risk taking move
15 semirandom iws2 (against opponents that i also use df2 somewhat often)
Metal X Soldier
Champion
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StoonCoold
U/F+4,4,4,4 - very confusing mind game that very few Kazuya players use due to its extreme difficult command and its so confusing and pressuring that no one could block it!

d/b+3 - low poke; FC; ws+3 follow up if opponent chooses to sidestep

1,1,2 - enough said

b+1,2

1,2,2 - idk why i liked it...

2,2 - use only on sure hit

b,B+2,2 - refer to u/f+4,4,4,4 minus the "due to its extreme difficult command..."

1,2,4 - few people don't know of it's existance

-That's it. I'm not much of a Kazuya player so that's all I can say.

I agree. until i see a pro kazuya player use the Uf 4+4+4+4 string im not convinced he is pro. The juggles off this string are insane
Signature CAves......
Shirdel
Iron Fist God
PSN: Shirdel7221
XBL: Shirdel7221
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
1. 13f EWGF.

Now in no particular order:

1+2: Best 12f Punisher in the game if you can DDEWGF.

1,1,2: KND 10f Punisher.

f+3: Good Whiff Punisher.

b+1,2: Best 11f Punisher in the Game. 39 DMG + KND = Ownage.

HS: Virtually unseeable, and decent damage too.

ws+1,2: 13f WS Launcher, say no more.

1: +1 on block, not to mention if you only do 1 most people will try to attack after-wards. Just EWGF them.

ff+2: Safe on Block, BT JG on hit. Good to try and abuse.

u+1+2 (Item Move) No-one sees it coming, and when they duck, they get up before it's ended. Just an ownage move.
Signature Hello There!
I stream Tekken!
Lovely Ly
Tekken God
PSN: EVIL_SCRUB
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL, a top ten would be too much for one character, even if it's Kaz.

I would have to simply say the Tzunami kick. A classic. Still works better that any other move I know.
Signature I don't need to learn how to play. I have Alisa
NYG 5
Destroyer
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
no love for ws 2? its one of my favorite moves for people trying to get close
Signature hey d-
so ling you 18 yet?
n-
goodbye
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Because ws+2 is -18 on block or so.

Ws+2 is punisher only.

And there are better ways to keep people out for more damage, eg d/f+2.
Saint Waffle
Iron Fist God
PSN: WFLJFury
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
FC d/f+3+4 is a good move that I don't see a lot of people put on their top ten. I think its his best high crush move. On hit it gives good oki and I believe at certain ranges it is unpunishable.

Against people who know Kaz's weaknesses, ewgf and f,f+3 become riskier. Even hellsweeps' already high risk is increased. Jabs, magic 4's, and Steve's b+1 stuff these moves a lot too. Not saying they are bad moves...but if this crap is happening to you I think you have to mix in FC d/f+3+4. On hit it gives good oki too.

Anyway...my top "OVERLOOKED MOVES".

FC d/f+3+4 reasons stated above. high crush. good oki. safe at certain ranges. opponent only gets 11f ws punish at best.

b+1+2 - evasive mid. safe. juggle on CH.

d+4 - sometimes d/b+4 and d/b+3 are too slow.

What are peoples thoughts on d/b+2? On paper it seems pretty decent. I'll explore with it when I play again.
Signature
Tekken 2 was the best.
yomikumaish
Champion
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
New top 10 in no order

1. DEWGF makes people not want to ssl you and covers distance.
2. ff3
3. hellsweep
4. d4 mishima's best low, great to end games with, or just chuck 20 of them in one round to fuck with the opponent
5. f4 +4 on block, enough said
6. db4 tracks surprisingly well if opponent doesn't ss early enough
7. ws2 yes, I know its -18, but fuck nobody punishes it like its -18. Just do a bd and ws2, works like a charm. like seriously, go spend a few matches doing it, you will be surprised. I'm not saying do it ridiculously much but just add a few well thought ws2s, I assure results.
8. b12 HC wallsplat 11frame move, good shit.
9. df2
10. f3 good long range lazy punisher/poke. db2 or stomp mixup afterwards.

good to use
1. cd3+4
2. ws3
3. uf3
4. 112
5. df3>2
6. ws4
Signature Marcus Biscuit.
GanymeDes
Expert
PSN: GanymeDes-
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yomikumaish

7. ws2 yes, I know its -18, but fuck nobody punishes it like its -18. Just do a bd and ws2, works like a charm. like seriously, go spend a few matches doing it, you will be surprised. I'm not saying do it ridiculously much but just add a few well thought ws2s, I assure results.

Yeah, I was trying to ask about this somewhere before. It's strange but true; nobody punishes it like it's -18. I've seen several matches with skilled players using this and I don't think they've gotten ever launched for it.
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't rely on ignorance in the long run.

A well timed CH d/f+2 nets more damage and is safer on block.

Also if you mean you back dash and they just run into ws+2 (not counter hit), don't rely on that either.

People can still side walk dewgf, it's just a different timing from just EWGF.
Toxen
Lone Wolf
PSN: Toxen-xD
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Personally for me, 1,1,(2) would be way above ws+2... Ws+2 is just a slow launcher for when ur TP can't reach really. As MCP has well explained, it's not a move to rely on. And it's a very bad idea (imo) to give yourself bad habbits, by raping scrubs with half assed moves that you shouldn't be using the way you are. Then I would much rather player what i'd call "pseudo-tekken" attempting to play as if it was a better opponent than it is, unfortunately a lot of scrubs will fall for different things than what good players will, so you will probably find yourself less successfull, than if you just raped with scrubkiller moves. Another thing you could do was to teach your opponent to punish ws+2 every time you throw it out, and then you'll probably not love the move so much anymore. Teaching them to punish you will really benefit you in the long run.
Tiexandrea
Zombie On Your Lawn
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
my Kazuya T6BR top ten moves...

(10) d/f+2 - albeit unsafe, it's a good CH stun juggle starter. and i'm just really thankful that, if you botch an EWGF, at least it's this move that comes out instead of some other gayass move.

(9) f+3 - Kazuya's problem has always been hitting a safe mid from long range... until this came along.

(8) d/b+2 - Kazuya's most versatile bound move. it can give you a B! at a range that most other characters cannot. and it does good damage too.

(7) TP - the fastest WS launch punisher in the game. and a retardedly easy 70+ damage juggle that comes along with it.

(6) d/f+4_WS+4 - Kazuya'd mid poke that can be buffered from a wavedash, this has remained a staple move of Kazuya since the TTT days, and it will continue to show its usefulness until the foreseeable future.

(5) d/b+4 - console scrubs will swear they can see this coming because it's "slooooow" but in the pressures of fighting a good Kazuya in offline arcade games, this move often hits you and you won't see it coming.

(4) 1,1,2 - another awesome momentum starter, goes at only 10-frames, and it severely shortens the opponent's available movelist due to the threat of getting punished by this move.

(3) FC+1 - no other highcrush of Kazuya works better, faster and safer than this, and his FC+1 is tons more important than any other character's, since he has a lot to gain from stopping his opponent's momentum and start his own. it has always been a staple Kazuya move since the TTT days, and if the enemy Kazuya knows how to use this properly, i know that i'm fighting against a TTT veteran.

(2) hellsweeps - Kazuya's game runs almost entirely on gaining and maintaining momentum in your favor, and hellsweeps is one of the best tools to do it. it's a sneaky-quick low that can turn momentum immediately and is one of the best lows in T6, naye, in Tekken history. the addition of good mids in Kaz's movelist makes this move twice as threatening as it was back in T5DR.

(1)EWGF - so legendary and so sought-after that people come in here every now and then trying to ask how to do it consistently...
Signature
Originally posted by Ben111
the main reason old tekkens sucked was that you had to practice to be good at them
( TZ Jargon Dictionary ) ( TZ Forum FAQ ) ( TZ Members' Profile Directory )
GanymeDes
Expert
PSN: GanymeDes-
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tiexandrea
my Kazuya T6BR top ten moves...

(10) d/f+2 - albeit unsafe, it's a good CH stun juggle starter. and i'm just really thankful that, if you botch an EWGF, at least it's this move that comes out instead of some other gayass move.

(9) f+3 - Kazuya's problem has always been hitting a safe mid from long range... until this came along.

(8) d/b+2 - Kazuya's most versatile bound move. it can give you a B! at a range that most other characters cannot. and it does good damage too.

(7) TP - the fastest WS launch punisher in the game. and a retardedly easy 70+ damage juggle that comes along with it.

(6) d/f+4_WS+4 - Kazuya'd mid poke that can be buffered from a wavedash, this has remained a staple move of Kazuya since the TTT days, and it will continue to show its usefulness until the foreseeable future.

(5) d/b+4 - console scrubs will swear they can see this coming because it's "slooooow" but in the pressures of fighting a good Kazuya in offline arcade games, this move often hits you and you won't see it coming.

(4) 1,1,2 - another awesome momentum starter, goes at only 10-frames, and it severely shortens the opponent's available movelist due to the threat of getting punished by this move.

(3) FC+1 - no other highcrush of Kazuya works better, faster and safer than this, and his FC+1 is tons more important than any other character's, since he has a lot to gain from stopping his opponent's momentum and start his own. it has always been a staple Kazuya move since the TTT days, and if the enemy Kazuya knows how to use this properly, i know that i'm fighting against a TTT veteran.

(2) hellsweeps - Kazuya's game runs almost entirely on gaining and maintaining momentum in your favor, and hellsweeps is one of the best tools to do it. it's a sneaky-quick low that can turn momentum immediately and is one of the best lows in T6, naye, in Tekken history. the addition of good mids in Kaz's movelist makes this move twice as threatening as it was back in T5DR.

(1)EWGF - so legendary and so sought-after that people come in here every now and then trying to ask how to do it consistently...

Great list. I was a bit surprised to see FC+1 there, as I don't think anyone else has thought of mentioning it before. I find myself using it a lot though, and it's just like you said.
NYG 5
Destroyer
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
what the crap is FC+1?
Signature hey d-
so ling you 18 yet?
n-
goodbye
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Generic duck jab. Generic duck kick.

It's just basic tekken.
Taiosgoblin
2nd Dan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with Tiexandrea and others who've listed d/f+4<4 as a great move in Kaz's arsenal. However, I'm wondering if its usefulness has been diminished on account of Kaz having b+2<4? I mean, they seem to have the same range, and despite being one frame slower to impact, b+2<4 gives better frames on block and hit, doesn't it? And, the difference in damage is minimal (2points more for doing b+2 instead of d/f+4, 3points less for landing b+2<4 instead of d/f4<4) I'm just wondering, assuming you can execute the HC, aside from the fact that a lot more characters are running around with punch parries these days, is there much of a reason to use d/f+4<4 over b+2<4?