Page Splits 123>...71
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Since the Drag section is getting clouded from the newly made threads for questions, here's the Q&A thread.
Ask any Drag related questions here.
Mods, care to merge some Q&A threads in here?
Signature s3:
Kray
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
1)Why did Namco screw with ff+2 normal/Ch?
2)What do I get now after both?

saKrayZne
Signature Hit me anytime for matches, tho I maybe too drunk to answer. 702-542-5637

Sway side to side when I play Tekken, and when I drink... I am "Kray Charles" by Tsuji.
Kray
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
This is the worst Q n A thread EVER! The 2nd part was a serious question...

saKrayZne
Signature Hit me anytime for matches, tho I maybe too drunk to answer. 702-542-5637

Sway side to side when I play Tekken, and when I drink... I am "Kray Charles" by Tsuji.
Gore Child_
Destroyer
XBL: GoreChildzzz
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
in answer to your questions..

1. can you really expect much more from namco in regards to dragunov?
they pimped him up pretty well..

2. i dont beleive you get anything guaranteed other than a wall splat against the wall.. i dont use it unless i am looking for a B! against the wall or something...

cheers

Nate
Signature I wanna be like Tissuemon!!!!
Kray
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, that sucks. If you remember back in DR, ff+2 hit n left the opponent RIGHT THERE for nasty oki options. On Ch, it hella stuned n looked too bad ass n lead to a mean 1/2 life juggle.

They beefed Drag up n nerfed mu fav. move.

Thanks btw.

saKrayZne

sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kray
Wow, that sucks. If you remember back in DR, ff+2 hit n left the opponent RIGHT THERE for nasty oki options. On Ch, it hella stuned n looked too bad ass n lead to a mean 1/2 life juggle.

They beefed Drag up n nerfed mu fav. move.

Thanks btw.

saKrayZne
It seemed to me that you already knew Drag very well and you weren't serious. After ff2, it sets up for a fff2. If they lay there ff4 or run up stomp. Now I still haven't played the game yet, but this I was told.
ff2 is there for B! and that's it.
Signature s3:
Kray
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Gayness, it was safe at max range (I think) and my most spamed move. And yeah, I know T5DR Drag well, learning the beefyness. Had a really good magic 4, now its 'ok', but Im not complaining.

saKrayZne

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
IMO the new 4 strings are far superior to his magic 4 in DR. In DR, you'd get CH 4 d+4,4 d+4,1,3 but now you get about the same damage with way better oki options. Also since his properties have changed greatly, having the old style magic 4 would be a major hinderence now that d+4,4 pushes them away and d+4,1 doesn't allow for an additional d+4,1,3 anymore.

Also 4,3 binds now instead of being that complete trash high, high nCC that would rarely ever hit.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Dyes01
5th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Uhm i have a question guys...
what if i'm..

1. being pressured?? wat are drag's momentum stopper moves???
2. facing against fast opponents lika zafina, a leo or a yoshi?
3. what is d best 4 drag a turtle or a pitbull????

sorry im just new here...
any help will be appreciated
Signature Dyes01 says:
I Still Rely On Luck
3rd Dan
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dyes01
Uhm i have a question guys...
what if i'm..

1. being pressured?? wat are drag's momentum stopper moves???
2. facing against fast opponents lika zafina, a leo or a yoshi?
3. what is d best 4 drag a turtle or a pitbull????

sorry im just new here...
any help will be appreciated
1. db1, db4, 12, d2 (high crush) reversals, b3+4. Punishing with 12 or 41 should get your momentum back.
2. Can't help
3. I heard you can play Drag both ways very well now. So it depends on your style, or your foe.
Signature s3:
car333sh
Legend
PSN: C3
XBL: Ixa FuQ
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
to add to what sandilord has already posted.

i usually use qcb+2 because it usually avoids a lot of attacks so.. use it when you get pressured.
Signature C3
el amor que es siempre
in the game of poker.. its not how big you can win but on how much damage you can take...
jjteo
3rd Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
1) Any tips on fighting miguel and jack-6?
2) Im new to tekken and i heard that he's easy to learn, so can i have some tips on how to juggle.Cause i dont know much about juggling.
3) How do i do damage when the opponent is lying on the ground?

Thanks in advance
Dead man Inc.
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jjteo
1) Any tips on fighting miguel and jack-6?
2) Im new to tekken and i heard that he's easy to learn, so can i have some tips on how to juggle.Cause i dont know much about juggling.
3) How do i do damage when the opponent is lying on the ground?

Thanks in advance

against miguel, just watch out for his d/b1, also it can't be punished by ws2, instead do u/f4 or f d/f2
jack6's d/f2 can pe jab punished, i also think 4,1 can punish this

when opponent just lies down d3+4
Signature Galit sa bawi <MSGN>
Ratboo <MSGN>
kARUMALDUMAL <MSGN>
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
First and foremost never let his "twin pistons" (d/f+2,1) go unpunished, too many newer players let it go by. Similar to Drag, Miguel has a ton of mid,high strings and best of all the animation is quite obvious so a little bit of practice and waiting really pays off. A few that come to mind right away, since they are really crucial to his game are, WS 2,2 and ff+2,1. Try your best to duck the second hit. Miguel's u/f+4 has some wicked range so it's really not in your best interest to duck his moves unless you know the high string(s) is coming, or to block a slow low. Let him low chip you to death (d/b+3 ?) and punish his launchers and high strings, you'll come out ahead in the end.

As stated above d+3+4 is your stomp and will hit them if they stay there, otherwise you can use d+3, FC d_d/f+3, d+4 (not recommended), and f,f+4 (not recommended)
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
jjteo
3rd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Alrite thanks alot for your help. Though, i need some tips on juggling and do i have to remember the movelist?
Dyes01
5th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
@ jjteo

prior to juggling,
you have to remember some of his launchers and juggle fillers...
for example
d/f+2, 4,1, 1,3,2, B! d+4,4
refer to the combo list forum for more...
when to the opponent is lying down, there are valid strategies in the oki and timing forum...

and yes you have to remember the movelist, maybe not all but most of it.
Signature Dyes01 says:
I Still Rely On Luck
3rd Dan
jjteo
3rd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the help =).
I tried playing against my friend's jack-6 and whenever we are far away from each other i have a tendency to fff+2 and he keeps blocking it followed by me getting grappled. Any ideas on how to counter this?

Oh btw does drag have any low juggle starters?Cause d/f+2 is kinda a high attack and it keeps getting blocked, not allowing me to start my juggles =P.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given
Dead man Inc.
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jjteo
Thanks for the help =).
I tried playing against my friend's jack-6 and whenever we are far away from each other i have a tendency to fff+2 and he keeps blocking it followed by me getting grappled. Any ideas on how to counter this?

Oh btw does drag have any low juggle starters?Cause d/f+2 is kinda a high attack and it keeps getting blocked, not allowing me to start my juggles =P.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given

he he he actually you should be the one raping him after a blocked fff+2 coz your on +4 frames i think (i'm sure yur on + frames just not sure if +4 or +7)
my options after a blocked fff+2 is
d+2
d/f1
d/f4
any throw
ss

d/f2 is mid not high, but its jab punishable
d/b3 cc d+2, ws4 d4,4 (haven't tried this?)
Signature Galit sa bawi <MSGN>
Ratboo <MSGN>
kARUMALDUMAL <MSGN>
Dyes01
5th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
@jjteo
hmm...after u execute a fff+2 u could punish him with moves that deadman inc. said,,,also never leave jack6 unpunished, u get most of ur strength from punishing, also the Nc strings would always land u wins...
oh and about ur friends strat, u can crouch from the grapple.., and follow up with an ultimate ws combo.

@deadman inc.

if i dont cc could the enemy avoid the juggle???

could the d+2 be a gud backrollcatch..?
leading to the ws+4, d+4,4 combo??

also could the d+4,4 be a d+4,1,3??
Signature Dyes01 says:
I Still Rely On Luck
3rd Dan
jjteo
3rd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dyes01
@jjteo
hmm...after u execute a fff+2 u could punish him with moves that deadman inc. said,,,also never leave jack6 unpunished, u get most of ur strength from punishing, also the Nc strings would always land u wins...
oh and about ur friends strat, u can crouch from the grapple.., and follow up with an ultimate ws combo.

@deadman inc.

if i dont cc could the enemy avoid the juggle???

Sorry but what do u mean by ws combo, and what's cc?.
Its probaly i am not getting used to juggling, as whenever i d/f+2, i tend to spam 1 and 2, instead of 4,1 >_<.
Thanks for the help you guys have given me.