just post here ur questions, dont spam and create threads

for every question,

thats rubbish, dont pollute pauls pages
Signature <NOAH>Korea^White blah blah.. - Jin - 1st DaN
<NOAH>Slash<>Shot - Lars - Soon!
ChocoHeim
1st Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
hello! i'm pretty new in tekken and i'm currently looking for suitable character to play... so i when i saw someone playing paul, i think it's pretty easy to do his combo.. but i'm stuck at this point, so i wanna ask a noob question:

how do we do the d+4, 2:1+2 thing correctly? i read the legend and the ":" sign is written "just frame input". i've tried many times but it only comes out once so far!!

any help would be greatly appreciated (or if someone had the tutorial video, that would be great!) thanks a lot b4~ =)
alucard81
Berserker
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
demo-man (d+4:2:1+2) is executed based on timing.

you can try the following

clap, clap ,clap (aka like We Will Rock You)
urgh, urgh, urgh (which is what I do to keep time cos Paul kinda goes urgh, urgh, urgh when he does demo-man)

PRACTISE!!
If you want to maximise your practise time then play with a friend who is trying to learn something too. I got a friend who is practising EWGF so we would play together and he would do EWGF one round and I do demo-man the other round. We would only fight in the final round and then have another full set of practise rounds.

I did that like over two sessions of Tekken and I finally nailed the timing.
CaliCool
War Lord
PSN: Topcat13
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi Chocoheim, believe me before I was thinking of quitting Paul just because I couldn't do this move.. it's such an important move because it's his staple juggle ender and also Demo Man is not limited to juggles only that if you don't master the move yet, it's going to be hard to go forward as a Paul player.

With that said, I may be a different case because I've always had timing issues. I pick up games pretty fast but always had problems with timings such as Just Frames, Head Shots, etc.

If the above tips from Alucard still doesn't help you, you can re-look the notation Alu-Card listed.

demo man 2:4:1+2

The key there is that the 4 can also be considered as just frame, pretty much like the 1+2. Don't be scared though as it doesn't make the move harder to execute.. in fact, if you get the timing of the 4 right the 1+2 will always come out though there's a 50/50 chance that it will come out as just a regular Demo Man. (without the blue sparks)

So anyway.. what I had problems with is the "4". I noticed that no matter how carefully I press the 1+2 and no matter how timely, I always mess up with the 4. A good key here is to really tap the string slower than usual. I find myself pretty excited to tap the 4 and the 1+2 the first few times and I messed up as usual. Just take it slower than usual, that seemed to be the key for me.

Right now, I can do demo man every time.. even in my DR.. when I started pressing the buttons slower I had a similar timing with "urgh, urgh, urgh". Hope you get the timing quickly and learn other Paul strats!
Signature Tekken 6: BR - - -
Paul Phoenix: [SFP] MotionFlow (1st Dan)
"small minds discuss people, great minds discuss events"
- Team SFP -
... clawing and grinding, must get out of the green ...
ChocoHeim
1st Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
oh.. so it's all about timing.. thank you very much alucard and CaliCool!! i'll go ahead and try it the next time i go to arcade~ ^-^V
ChrisCP
Dragon Lord
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
One other way that I taught a noob to do it last week, try bringing your hand up off the buttons by about 15cm it means you can't push the buttons too fast and when there all sparkly it's just a fun flourish =D
Signature Better lucky than good.

Originally posted by Shinjin
"my tekken is all about tech catches and setups, this new tekken is about poking and being gay with the wall ?_?."
norsen090
4th Dan
PSN: I love you
XBL: Ashley xD
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
how to do the just frame grapple?

what good follow up after pauls f+4,3,1

and, is f+4,3,1 stronger than demo man for wall?
SyLVoS
Raijin
PSN: phlevin
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by norsen090
how to do the just frame grapple?

what good follow up after pauls f+4,3,1

and, is f+4,3,1 stronger than demo man for wall?

paul's new just frame grab:

d/f+1+3:qcf+2

the qcf+2 part if JF.. you time it after paul punches the stomach of the opponent.. it takes a lot of practice to get the timing right.. believe me..

as for f+4,3,1, sorry, i don't know that move.. hahaha..
Signature ..just playing around..

Night Child
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Norsen, can you describe the move you're talking about? Do you mean d+1,4,2 or d+4:2:1+2 by any chance?

Are you talking about pauls new string: f+2,3,1? The fast looking punch, kick, gut punch combo that gives an ass stun on hit? If so, I have followed it up with d+1+2 and it always seems to hit, haven't tried much else, but following it up with a hopkick might be forth trying.
Signature link power Profiles email me to find out more.

CaliCool
War Lord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Q: How do you time ff 2:1? I'm going to practice getting it consistent as a new part of my pressure arsenal..
- Team SFP -
ChrisCP
Dragon Lord
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
It's easy-as, just delay it a little - you can almost push it after he hits them.
So the input should feel like ff+2,tick(as in tick-tock),1
ff+2,tick:1

*edit*
It might be better for you if it became ff+2(tick)~tock:1
So saying the tick in your head as you press 2 so and so forth.

Also it's always good to remember you can't press it too late (well sorta )

Last edited by ChrisCP on Sep 16th, 2008 at 12:09

"my tekken is all about tech catches and setups, this new tekken is about poking and being gay with the wall ?_?."
CaliCool
War Lord
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Will try...

*plays tick-tock in my head*

wait... tick-tock as in clock tick tock!? that's too delayed...

*tick tock... tick tock*
- Team SFP -
ChrisCP
Dragon Lord
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha Ah sorry man I'm not as chilled as you I guess, my tick-tocks are faster

But yeah, dat's the general Idea, whole input takes about a second, demo man takes about 1.5 and JF grab takes a full 2 I think... JF grab is still my nemisis

SyLVoS
Raijin
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaliCool
Q: How do you time ff 2:1? I'm going to practice getting it consistent as a new part of my pressure arsenal..

just delay it as much as you can.. but don't delay it too much otherwise it won't come out.. hahaha.. i also recently just managed to get the hang of its timing.. its quite easy once you get the timing right.. its a lot easier as compared to demoman with blue sparks.. LOL..

norsen090
4th Dan
PSN: I love you
XBL: Ashley xD
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
which hopkick has more reach/range

the u/f+3 or u/f+4

cuz im planning to follow up a hopkick after f+2,1,3 and

choosing which of the two has more reach

Thank You
SyLVoS
Raijin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post

the u/f+3 or u/f+4

Thank You

i don't know whick one has better range.. all i know is that u/f+4 launches higher, but u/f+3 comes out faster (i think)..

alucard81
Berserker
#17 “Quote” Edit Post

the u/f+3 or u/f+4

Thank You

mmmm no good, you are trying to follow a punishable move with another punishable move. f+2,3,1 which has a mini stun and push back on block is marginally safe on block. Problem is it does not give enough +frames for Paul to work in another move. The only move that would be able to make it in time with the +frames would be very limited. ff+2:1 or ff+2,1 should be better.
SyLVoS
Raijin
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alucard81
mmmm no good, you are trying to follow a punishable move with another punishable move. f+2,3,1 which has a mini stun and push back on block is marginally safe on block. Problem is it does not give enough +frames for Paul to work in another move. The only move that would be able to make it in time with the +frames would be very limited. ff+2:1 or ff+2,1 should be better.

how about f+2,3,1, DF ? would that work? :O

Night Child
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
For the record f+2,3,1 is very -ve on block. If the last hit gets blocked you wont be following it up with anything because you'll be on the ground. At the very least it's jab punishable, but I suspect it might be something like -13 frames when blocked which means many characters will be able to knock you down before you can even start a new move, let alone land it.

Now, I'm not sure how much advantage you get on hit, it ggives an ass stun whener they fall back on their butt and get up again, and every time I've landed it I've managed to get a free d+1+2 afterwards, so I'm guessing it gives you at least +12 frames.

Hopkicks and d/f+2 are all 15 frames minimum, so if the ass stun gives you +15 you might land them for a launch. I very rarely land this move, so I never get a chance to test it.
Signature link power Profiles email me to find out more.

SyLVoS
Raijin
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Night Child
Now, I'm not sure how much advantage you get on hit, it ggives an ass stun whener they fall back on their butt and get up again, and every time I've landed it I've managed to get a free d+1+2 afterwards, so I'm guessing it gives you at least +12 frames.

Hopkicks and d/f+2 are all 15 frames minimum, so if the ass stun gives you +15 you might land them for a launch. I very rarely land this move, so I never get a chance to test it.

hmm.. how many frames is deathfist? landing DF after that ass stun would be so juicy..