Page Splits 123>...44
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
desiprince11
4th Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do you do 3+4 (the double, flying kicks) from Flamingo stance really quick? It's a tricky manouvre which is often called the FLA 3+4 or the halberd. Marin has made a tutorial for the move in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpgCYcNfRI Remember to keep the 3 button pressed down the entire time.

I can not seem to connect the kicks? What am I doing wrong? If the move FLA f+4 comes out, then you are still pressing the forward button when you press 4. It will work if you release the forward button before pressing the 4 button. If you can't seem to connect two after each other, then you are pressing the inputs too slow. Remember: practice, practice, practice.

Can you grab from Flamingo stance? You can grab from Flamingo stance, it's an important tool for Baek to make his Flamingo stance even more dangerous. You cannot do a normal grab, like 1+3 or 2+4. The only grab you can do is his Human Cannonball throw: f+2+3. If you try to do f+2+3 out of Flamingo however, you will not get the throw. You must choose 1 of 2 possible ways to do this. The first is to input f+2~3 and since T6BR there is a new way: hold down the 3 button and press f+2.

I saw Baek do a very fast sidestep to the right when he was in Flamingo stance!!! How do I do that? This is called the FLA super sidestep. This manouvre is also very tricky; it looks similar to the halberd input wise. You have to hold down the 3 button and then press forward, back, 4. The notation is [3] f,b+4. At first a b+4 will come out almost every time, but again: practice makes perfect. This move is doable after every FLA cancel except right after a d/b+3,3~f (for no particular reason)

Ground game with Baek
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...746#post4468746

Last edited by NoodleHead on Dec 7th, 2011 at 01:52

Signature
Rogue
[FGO]Baekwondo

PS3 ID: desiprince11
dave27
7th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
So the d/b+3,3~FLA still bothers you? I suggest you start a "Baek Question and Answer" thread to make things more organize. All questions will be answered there and will be discuss thoroughly. It can also help noobs to find their answers much easier.

Regarding your problem, I have an activity for you. Try doing this d/b+3,3~F (or d/b+3,F+3). F means hold. Hold f until you see Baek cancels the last kick to FLA. Then try to input anything after he turns into FLA lets say another d/b+3,3 (eg. d/b+3,3~F FLA d/b+3,3). Dont mind how delay you input the second d/b+3,3. My point is to familiarize your self on how long or when to release the F to cancel the last kick to FLA. Keep doing this until you figure out the trick. Of course you do this on an AI or friend. Once perfected you can just tap f after the second 3. Good luck!
Signature mhackRhack
FLA to the max!
zarzobnz
:D!
PSN: zarzob
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
you can also do it like d/b+3,3~b

in combos after B! you can just do d/b+3,3~hold f and mash 1+2 till you can see the timing for it
Signature Scrub Combos [ Vol. 1 ] - [ Vol. 2 ] - [ Vol. 3 ] - [ Vol. 4 ]
[ Rage Death Combo Exhibition ] - [ Nina Vol. 1 ] - [ Nina Vol. 2 ]
norsen090
4th Dan
PSN: I love you
XBL: Ashley xD
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
well stated in the title

i have a question..

how can do a grab while in a flamingo?
cuz when me, trying it out in the t5R i just cant but

i know its possible

help pls

thank you
Signature <NOAH>Korea^White blah blah.. - Jin - 1st DaN
<NOAH>Slash<>Shot - Lars - Soon!
Knight15
Champion
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Like you hold F then 1,2,3~f fla you hold 3 then just press 2.. In FLA you need to hold F&3 then just press 2.. Don't be confused
Signature Zimmy
kuma
7th Dan
PSN: H*U*N*T*I*NG B*E*A*R
XBL: *F*a*N*a*T*i*C*
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
back to basics..
you can back read previous tekken versions..
tekken 5 baek:
http://tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/fo....php?forumid=88

i'll suggest this baek's QnA is for tekken 6 baek related questions only..
-peace

btw, is it always possible to input hunting hawk in wall?
i mean, in wall, use hunting hawk instead of FLA~b+3 for B!?
norsen090
4th Dan
PSN: I love you
XBL: Ashley xD
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
well theres u/f+2, a staple bound

but me, did'nt tried a haunting hawk yet
Signature <NOAH>Korea^White blah blah.. - Jin - 1st DaN
<NOAH>Slash<>Shot - Lars - Soon!
JaPong
Iron Fist God
PSN: Robot ni TYNA
XBL: Sikyu ni TYNA
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by norsen090
well theres u/f+2, a staple bound

but me, did'nt tried a haunting hawk yet

same here.. the safest way to do it is in a high wall splat.. its too slow i think..
Signature Robot ni TYNA So raise your fists and march around just don't take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed and smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow or I'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children, they'll betray you in my name
booblesz
7th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
how do you cancel a jumping kick into a FLA stance?
KILL3R
Raijin
PSN: Kill3r_infiNiTe
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by booblesz
how do you cancel a jumping kick into a FLA stance?
WR+3 hold F.
Signature Kill3r_infiNiTe *Sponsor by PUMA and Cheetah.*
rahrahramen
Kyu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
excuse me a newb here ^^
can i ask if a u/f+2 causes a launch hit anymore?

and what is a good follow up to
u/f+4,3+4~F,1,2,3~F,1,2,3~F,d+2? will u/f+2,D+2,2,2 work?
if not can you give me some?

thanks ^^
kuma
7th Dan
PSN: H*U*N*T*I*NG B*E*A*R
XBL: *F*a*N*a*T*i*C*
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
^^ thats my staple juggle in DR..
after d+2 then guessing game..
d+4,3,3,3~f will hit opp. if he tech roll or back roll..then guessing game again..

d+2 for opponents who stays on the ground...

db+3,3~F will rejuggle opp. who tech roll and back roll..
rahrahramen
Kyu
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks so much sir i'll be practicing dat ^^

since im pretty new to tekken started like 2mons thx ne way ^^
zacharylightnin
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
hello baek community i come with my humble soul to ask for some advice to improve my tekken game play. My name is zach-lightning and my favorite character is baek. I had some success in tekken DR with baek and now i have moved on to tekken 6. My reason for this post is to gain some knowledge from some of the more advance baek players and gain some strategies to use in tekken 6 to become a champion with my favorite character.

Now that my introduction is out the way let me begin by telling you how i normally use baek to begin with and maybe i can get some feedback on how i can improve my game play with him. Most matches I like to poke my opponents with d/f+1 and d+3,3(string). from there i run into a problem of being grabbed from that string because on the way up he is liable for the opponents grab. The d+3,3,3 is now a little better because it stuns the opponent slightly in tekken 6 when the last kick connects. Another thing that was on my mind was apart from poking my opponents with low pokes i love my favorite d+4,3,3~f then repeat and mix the opponent up by changing from d+4,3,3~f to d/f+4,4~f or now even d+4,4,4! they are all wonderful mixup rush down tactics which i have used very well but i have a question about it. When do know when i should end the combo mix-up and how can i read my opponent when they are about to ss or even jab interupt. I hate when my opponents guess correctly and interrupt my strings when im about to flamingo cancel and either restart or switch up. If i can get some feed back on how to finish combo's and any poking advice as well i will be very grateful to this thread.

next agenda on my baek gameplay Q&A is how to set up launchers. I really need help here in this one. When i won most of my matches in tekken its usually because i mix my opponent up string wise. I won with juggles but its usually because i lured my opponents in to a false sense of safety and then threw out my b+4 launcher or i would just run up close to a opponent and do a D/F+2 and launch them with a 50/50 chance of launch. can anyone help me find a legitament way to set up any of those lauchers or any others. I just feel so lucky when i win with juggles making me feel like i really didn't deserve to win or didn't really earn my victory. sometimes with baek I kind of feel like everything is a guessing game with him and the chances of winning with him is like a flip of a coin I just want to control my luck if you catch my drift!\

Lastly i know this was a long post but thanks for reading and always keep practicing with baek. he is a well designed character and i he's awesome he makes hardwork and dedication feel gradifying. so don't be discouraged and keep using him i really think he can one day steal the show at a major tournament. baek is a good character and i will continue to use him no matter how hard it can get. so here a post that should get the fingers moving and the minds thinking buzzz!!!!!!
OMFGITZROGER!
Champion
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello guys im a new baek player here! just wanna know if Baek can own hwoarang with ease
Signature Marian Zapico
desiprince11
4th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
i personally find it very hard to win hwoarang when he starts his strings..and he can continue non stop

m,l,h,l,m,l,m,h,l,m,l,m,l,m,l,m etc

i also find that hwoarang has got better frames on FLA...like wtf?

BAEK TAUGHT HWOARANG EVERYTHING!!!
Signature
Rogue
[FGO]Baekwondo

PS3 ID: desiprince11
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OMFGITZROGER!
Hello guys im a new baek player here! just wanna know if Baek can own hwoarang with ease

nope, Baek's not as strong as other characters, let alone Hwoarang.

However, it might change in T6BR. Stay tuned.
JaPong
Iron Fist God
PSN: Robot ni TYNA
XBL: Sikyu ni TYNA
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by desiprince11
i personally find it very hard to win hwoarang when he starts his strings..and he can continue non stop

m,l,h,l,m,l,m,h,l,m,l,m,l,m,l,m etc

i also find that hwoarang has got better frames on FLA...like wtf?

BAEK TAUGHT HWOARANG EVERYTHING!!!

hehehe, i use to think that to myself when im up against a very good hwoarang player.. hmm, I think you have to become familiar with hwoarang's move to be able to evade it.. Just view a certain hwoarang match and youll find your remedy on it.. personally, what i can do is to punish him with ws+4,4 and ss+3+4.. xiao!!
Signature Robot ni TYNA So raise your fists and march around just don't take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed and smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow or I'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children, they'll betray you in my name
felix_floresca
Dragon Lord
PSN: <BTS>
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Just want to know about the old Baek's flamingo wavedash, is it the same in T5DR?
I really have hard time in doing it on T6..
Signature <BTS> Athlete's Foot - "rush to kill"
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
u cannot do the "holding 3 and press d/f+4" buffer anymore. It's pure d/f+3~f~d/f+3 deal now.