Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
desiprince11
4th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by booblesz
actually it does, it launches CHed opp. It hit crouching opp too. It also gives +1 frame on block.

so.....actually it's better to launch a CHed opp using d/f+1 rather than d/f+2?
Signature
Rogue
[FGO]Baekwondo

PS3 ID: desiprince11
booblesz
7th Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by desiprince11
so.....actually it's better to launch a CHed opp using d/f+1 rather than d/f+2?
correction-not CHed, should be stunned. sorry

nt sure but i prefer df1

your opp is stuned when he bend over and had a stomach ache
baekhwoarang
Tae-Kwon-Do Master
PSN: World TKD Federation
XBL: T'recs Canada
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
ss 3=4 is also a good and real - like move, but is very open when blocked...
Signature All Right...Joonbi! Get Ready for Sparring...Eeeyah!
To Master Baek (Hwoarang Commands) Chareyot! San-Bum-Nimke... Cheung-Rye!!! T'recs Korean Tigers = Tae-Kwon-Do Master
"Dont Ever Try To Stand In My Way"
T'recs CANADA!
jayvee
Inglorious Drifter
PSN: -=J@yVe3=-
XBL: <T'recs>
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by baekhwoarang
ss 3=4 is also a good and real - like move, but is very open when blocked...

I agree that this move is one of his swiftest. i hope it does knock back enemies when hit making it safe for baek When opponents block this move, baek is open for launching like hopkick or ewgf for mishimas

But this character still rocks!
Signature T'recs Rhapthorne

Setting your Priorities neither means you have to Let Go of someone you want, nor Compromise something you loved the most. Just lay back, reorganize then act with workable solutions... and make your performance a remarkable "Showtime!!!"
~ ~
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok guys long post ahead

Yip's BR Top 10 Moves for Baek Doo San

#1- iWS+4<4,3~f - NC, hit confirmable, gives +3 on hit, hits grounded facedown feetaway (after iFLA b+3 or 1+2,4) this move is a miracle imo.

#2- ff+3 - gives +frames on block, juggles on hit, big damage!

#3- triple SS - evades alot of stuff, added with a d/f+2 or FLA uf+3, this move is deadly.

#4- FLA f+3 - Mid, +0 on block, tracks both ways, retains FLA on hit and block.

#5- d/f+4,4 - 12 frame, NCc, safe on block, i tend to not transition to FLA mainly because it doesn't give Baek +frames unless d/f+4,4 is on CH

#6- FLA uf+3 - a move that comes with a RAWR from Baek must be a good move, crushes lows and others to a certain degree. best launcher from FLA stance

#7- d/b+3,3_d/b+3,3~f - d/b+3,3 is L,H and is NC. d/b+3,3~f is L, transitions to FLA; gives +7 on NH and +10 on CH (free jab)

#8- d+4,3,3,3_3~f_d+3 - d+4,3,3 is NCc; d+4,3,3,CH+3 cause a crumple stun; CH d+4,3,3,3~f gives +3 on hit; d+4,3,3,d+3 is ok, leaves Baek on negative even on hit.

#9- d/f+1_d/f+1,3 - 13 frame - generic jab, tracks left. d/f+1,3 is NH; M,H; doesnt jail on block. transitions to FLA on hit and block. safe on block.

#10- 4_4,3,3~f - 11 frame, CH launcher... awesome

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honourable Top 10 Mentions, not in any particular order

- FLA f+2~3 - technically a throw, but what more can i say? its technically a throw, but this bugger annoys people... even if its escaped [did i mention that they increased its dmg from 30 to 40?]
- cd+3_fnf+3 - best whiff punisher of baek, great dmg and launches like a rocket
- iWS+2<1 - hit confirmable, juggles on NH, gives d/b+4 a big boost.
- (i)FLA b+3 - forces opponent into Crouch, safe on block, puts a "OWWW MY HEAD" stun if NH on a FC opponent. cause SLD (FDFA) on CH. guarantees iws+4, probably d+2.
- d/f+2 - a generic d/f+2 uppercut. our best 15 frame punisher. safe on block and juggles on hit. crushes high to a certain degree
- d/f+3~f - technically it does nothing. but the fact that it does nothing adds confusion and style to Baek's FLA stance.
- ws+3~f_ws+3,4<4_FLA 3,4<4 - ws+3~f is a tricky dummy to FLA (adding FLA throw is a good option). ws+3,4,4 is NH, safe on block, good damage. FLA+3,4 is NH - a good mid mixup from FLA.
- d+2 - no longer juggles, except at the wall. but this is still Baek's best move on grounded opponent. on NH, you can ofcourse dash d+4,3,3 to pickup those who move.
- 3+4~f - a stylish juggle filler when used in multiples. in normal gameplay it has good range and gives +frames on block. remains in FLA
- b+1_b+2 - ssr and ssl respectively. b+1 is mid, crumple stun on NH hit, jab punishable on block. b+2 is high, grants another b+2 if connects on side. on CH head on it causes KND.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reason i did not mention:

- ss+3+4 - i felt as if iFLA uf+3 is more effective. same negative frames on block, but iFLA uf+3 has a spark (style + dmg) and more range (less likely to whiff) and it crushes low.
- d/b+4 - its slow even if on FLA stance. -40 on block -______- i still use it occassionally though.
- FLA f+4 - its high whereas FLA f+3 is mid. on block, FLA f+3 allows variation, but FLA f+4 doesnt. only benefit is that FLA f+4 tracks 360, something i dont need every match
- uf+4 - its slow as. i know its only -10 on block but iFLA uf+3 is better imo.
- d+3,3 - its NCc now so i rather use d+3 on its own, than risk the second low for 7 damage. the followups d+3,3,3 and d+3,3,d+3 are both launch punishable on block.

Last edited by yip_noob on Jan 11th, 2010 at 00:21

Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

TheJoker
1st Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post

i just started baek...q/=j

the results are good...q/=j

im doing my best to accomplish him...q/=j

these are good moves.q/=j

b+3 (FLA)
ss3+4
b+3 (FLA) df+2
FLA f+3
FLA uf+3
3+4~ f
d+4,3,3 ncc
wr+3~f
f,f,~n+3
f,f,f+3~f

THERE WILL BE MORE.

q/=j
fh4life
Master
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3 ( it's so evasive and there so many options out of it( like every move)and it's
what makes Baek Baek.)

d+1 ( It's like his only safe mid poke, with a block stun, great for pressure.)

df+3,4 (nc, long distance, kind of slow, but pretty safe maybe completely, Kane hasn't
been able to punish it for like two weeks, it's safer that d+1,4 and it pushes back
so it seems hard for Kane to 1,2 it)

f,f+3 (safe, mid, frame advantage, forces crouch on block, big damage combos.)

fla throw (crucial for beating opponents options when you fla cancel sometimes, even if
they break it, do it every time.(for me: Aris and Kane break it every time but it
hits everyone else.)

1+2,4 (fastest punisher, good options on hit: You get a ub+4 if they do anything, and if
they lay there d+2, or you can try dash db+3 oki)

fla f+3 (safe, strong, wallsplat, onesided tech trap, great mix-ups after it is blocked)
The only thing that sucks about this move is that it leaves you in fla so you have
to rely on the opponent attacking to make anything happen. Kane brought to my
attention that all one has to do against baek is turtle when they see him go into
fla. By backdashing after blocking fla f+3 we get nothing that will reach an
opponent and if we whiff after they back up we'll be punished. This is a problem
with Baek, when an opp. is turtling, Baek cannot be played the way I like to play
him with aggression, evasion and fla cancels, he has to be played like a turtle.

fla uf+3 (only certain characters can punish with more than a 1,2; but it's big dmg and
instantly evades and comes out)

d+4,3,3,3 (comes out fast (generic d+4 fast) leading to counter hits, full crouch version is
good for crushing highs and getting a counterhit. Low option can't be
sidestepped, but mid option can, or you can fla, so it provides a little mix up,
good panic move if you had to use one.)

d+3 (tech crouches, greatest low poke, super long distance , hard to punish because
of the distance, worry of the the rest of the snake kicks and I don't think it is
launch punishable(I haven't looked at the frame data but I haven't been
launched before.))

I also use b+1 and b+2and b+4 alot but those aren't safe. and uf+2 gives him more frame advantage on block than any other move besides f,f,f+3 maybe( which should also be mentioned) or maybe the fake frames you get on f,f, n +3( I never use this move). And uf n + 3,4 and other uf n strings are pretty good too.

Last edited by fh4life on Aug 25th, 2009 at 22:51

yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by fh4life

I also use d+1 and d+2and b+4 alot but those aren't safe. and uf+2 gives him more frame advantage on block than any other move besides f,f,f+3 maybe( which should also be mentioned) or maybe the fake frames you get on f,f, n +3( I never use this move). And uf n + 3,4 and other uf n strings are pretty good too.

hmm - maybe a mistype somewhere?
d+1 - its like his only safe move.
later on
d+1 and d+2 and b+4 - those aren't safe.

d+1 and d+2 are both safe.

df+3,4 (nc, long distance, kind of slow, but pretty safe maybe completely, Kane hasn't
been able to punish it for like two weeks, it's safer that d+1,4 and it pushes back so it seems hard for Kane to 1,2 it)

d/f+3,4 is infact -14. but with pushback, it makes it hard for few characters to punish. if it was baek vs baek, f+1+2,4 can punish after a blocked d/f+3,4

1+2,4 (fastest punisher, good options on hit: You get a ub+4 if they do anything, and if
they lay there d+2, or you can try dash db+3 oki)

i believe iws+4 is guaranteed. i never had that miss...

anyways nice post
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

fh4life
Master
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
hmm - maybe a mistype somewhere?
d+1 - its like his only safe move.
later on
d+1 and d+2 and b+4 - those aren't safe.

d+1 and d+2 are both safe.

Oh definitely, I mistyped, i meant b b not d d. Sorry, I changed it. yeah d+2 is really good and it's safe. But I didn't mean d+1 is his only safe move, I think it's his best fast, safe mid poke.

...and I didn't mention db+3,3 in my post . I use it alot and it has lots of frame advantage.
SupaPotato
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not very pro compared to most people but I tend to use,
d/f+1 - Usually alone, abusable and pressure I use it more often when on low health, it's just fustrating when they predict a low and they get + frames
d/f+4,4 series - faster than d/f+1 which I thought was strange but meh.
b+3 - Anti aggressors
d+4,3,3 series - Ncc, my usual mix-up
FLA u/f+3 - Gewd launch + interrupts + low crush, jab punishable I think?
1,2 - 10f, standard NC combo
FLA grab - Barely anyone breaks it in my area, unless they were gonna perform a 1+2 move before hand.
d+2 - Best ground hitter, how unfortunate it doesn't launch anymore D:
b+1 - Crumple stun, ssr, I sometimes make crap decision when I use this, I need to renember that it's short range and will whiff if not d/f+1 range or a lil more :S
d/b+4 - Yush, I admit, I liek this move
and just worth mentioning, d/f+3~f - Gets them always the 1st time xD I do it twice when they on the ground, most people would wait for a whiff or two, then bam, u/f+3.

But now I'm curious what are the top 10 WORST moves? Things you shouldn't ever use? My list would be
3,4,3 - Punishable, not nc or ncc, h,l,m and is very weak unless mid connects. Only use is adding the 1,2 string on a BT opponent, I think it's guarenteed if the last 3 is delayed unless they duck.
f+3,3,2 - Useless, I've been told it was NC but that's a lie ><
3,3,3,4_d+4 - All can be high blocked except the d+4, which juggles, punishable at block
u/b+4 - safe but it's sluggish, many more moves baek has at hand than this one
u/f+3,4,3 - I don't reckon it's worth the +frames or juggle imo
d+3,3,3_d+3 - Only for wall juggles, very punishable if blocked.
b,b+2 - Safe, decent damage, juggle on ch but again, plenty of better moves
ffn3 - I don't find much use for this, it's H so it's duckable. It's FLA choice is decent but that's why d/f+3 is there for.
1,2,3,3,4,4,4_d/f+4,4,4(javelin?) - Easily percievable and punished there after.
That's all I can think of :S
getterwing
5th Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by desiprince11
wat you mean 'track' ?

it means that your opponent could not avoid this hit by side stepping.
Signature
imbALLANce
Master
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupaPotato
3,4,3 - Punishable, not nc or ncc, h,l,m and is very weak unless mid connects. Only use is adding the 1,2 string on a BT opponent, I think it's guarenteed if the last 3 is delayed unless they duck.
u/b+4 - safe but it's sluggish, many more moves baek has at hand than this one
u/f+3,4,3 - I don't reckon it's worth the +frames or juggle imo
d+3,3,3_d+3 - Only for wall juggles, very punishable if blocked.
b,b+2 - Safe, decent damage, juggle on ch but again, plenty of better moves

why isnt d/b+33~f on your list?
---------------------------------------------------
3,4 on its own is ok. 3,4,3 with good pushback, means its ok.
ub+4 is a good move imo, high crush MID move, which Baek has no other. it gives good +frames, and it's not safe - jab punishable at close range.
uf+3,4,3 low crush, safe, juggles - i dont see why its useless...
d+3 quickest high crush dmg low kick (better than ss+3 which is imo pointless)
bb+2 isnt safe, btw...

Last edited by imbALLANce on Nov 10th, 2009 at 09:30

Signature
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's mine, in no particular order

FLA f+3_iFLA f+3
Great evasive + tracking mid that is 0 on block, wall splats and KND on hit. The move screams setups on both block and hit, and is one of the most used attacks in mid-range encounter, as well as by the walls. It's one of the few multi-purpose moves that Baek has.

d/b+3,3~f_FLA d/f+3,3~f
Not abusable, but on hit it's +8. Everyone loves +8!
It's also serves as a dash-in B! pick-up, tech-trap initiator, as well as non-tech juggle extender.

FLA b+3
It's pretty much his staple B! starter. The move is safe on block and hit w/ opponent recover from crouching.

PP
The new frame properties and its followups, as well as the FLA f+3 follow-up makes it a much better "attack" to consider. PP into 4,3,3~f into FLA f+3 for the PP loop is something that you can use to toying w/ your opponent.

super FLA ss
One reason why any form of hopkicks (including Lars' infamous u/f+3) is a BAD move to do in retaliation against Baek's FLA cancels. It ss's almost everything.

CD~ws+4>4,(3~f)
One of the mid range staples that are still good this time around. NC and mid makes it a decent attack, even when the block recovery has been worsened.

f~n~f:3_CD+3
Class 1 launcher, used mainly as a punisher. Once is enough to make your opponent think twice in whiffing their moves.

d/f+1(,3)
decent tracking mid, and with proper mixup, a great arsenal of Baek's.

Another weird attack that I like. I love using this to start my close-range offensives, or disrupt my opponent w/ off-timing FLAs.

FLA throw
The escape window seems even smaller now.

Honorable mentions

d/b+4 - a sweep-type low that reminds opponent to duck
FLA WD - a good alternative to a regular WD
u/f+4 - a mid that jack cannot 2,1 with
d/f+3(>4) - CH launcher... pretty much the easiest launcher to set up w/o needing a whiff.
f+2,1 - NC Jail attack that would train your opponent to duck after the hit.
d+1 - I actually like this attack. Though linear, it's got a great recovery frames
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+3+4 in mid air ftw
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

BrandonMasters
1st Dan
XBL: BrandonMasters
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Recently new to Baek. This is what I use for now.

b+4
b+3 (duh)
df+3+4 (just looks awesome)
SS+3+4 (cool launcher)
db+2
db+4
f,f+2 (i like this throw)
f+2+3 (but this one is better)
f,d,df+3
FLA b+3
Signature Power is Everything
The Master (Exclusively)
[10th Gup]
Link123543
Champion
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
1.u/f+4
2.SS+34
3.d/b+4
4.f+2,1,4
5.d/f+34
6.d/f+3,4
7.d/f+1,3~flg
8.34~flg
9.d+3,3,d+3
10.b,b+34 (muahahahaha )
Signature FastForward-CXR-

DevilTrigger-CXR-

"Boys don't cry, men do weep but devils never cry."
Turbo Baek
Legend
PSN: Dunsford52
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
A lot of other chars have a topic for top 10 move list and it makes it a lot easier when picking up the charactor, and IMO Baek is one of the harder charactors to use effectively (read EFFECTIVELY). That and I'm curious what everyone else's top 10 moves include because I'm always looking to steal stuff and selfishly add it to my game and take credit for it . Well you know what I mean...

Small disclaimer, the moves I use in my top 10 may not be the best moves for someone else to use. The reason is my playstyle conditions the opponent so that these moves work and don't get me punished. Also there are a lot of great moves that I like, but I don't incorperate them into my game well enough.

1) b+1. Built in SSR, mid hit, safe on block, and crumple forward stun on CH that is hard to escape and nets a d/f+2 juggle. Also it bounds which makes it a great match opener. Countless times have I bounded a char attempting a hop kick at the start of the round or gotten a CH stun out of it.

2) d/f+3>4_d/f+3~f to FLA. Hit confirmable NC (very small window to hit confirm), first hit gives inescapable stun on CH, second hit KD. I believe both hits are punishable but it pushes the char away making it hard to punish. Also a great move for long range. Not to mention the d/f+3~f_b_u_d fla cancel which leads into the fla WD.

3) d/f+1,3 FLA_ws+1,3 FLA. i11 on the d/f+1, both hits are plus on block giving a good mid attack that can be done in fla to continue the fla string. Only problem is the last hit is high and can be ducked, however most people don't know that and the d/f+1 alone is a great move.

4) fla f+3. Quick mid, good tracking, desceptively long range, slight built in SSL, safe on block, ends in fla.

5) The last 3. ie d/f+4,4>3, d+4,3,3,3, ws+3,4,4,3... etc. Good mid hit, can be canceled into fla, crumple forward stun on CH, good way to exit a blocked fla string. It is punishable but again pushes the charactor back making punishing difficult.

6) fla b+3. Very quick mid, even or +1 on block, good tracking and priority. Also staple juggle bounding move. When fighting a charactor with an evasive stance, ie Jin b+1 or Steve's sways, this move tends to track and hit even when most other strings would whiff.

7) d/b+3,3_~f fla. Great low mixup in fla, quick, great + frames on hit and I believe +10 or 11 on ch giving a free 2,2. Also a great set up move which puts them slightly off axis on hit, for example a d/b+4 setup. Punishable on block and NC on hit if you do both kicks.

This is where it gets hard (thats what she said)
8) d/b+1. Everyone has this move and it has been the best move in the game since T3 IMO lol. I tend to use this as a high crush poke in my fla strings or as a way to get out of other chars pressure strings.

9) WS+4,4,3_3~f fla_4. One of Baeks best moves since tag. Both mids, great low block WS punisher that can end in fla. The last hit 4 sucks and never use it unless its in juggles or you have your opp completely conditioned to standing block. Also a great move to help condition your opp to standing block all the time lol.

10) f+2>1>4_N,u/f+2 mixup. Honestly I wanted to add in f,f+3 and u/f+2 in but I don't use those moves enough. I like this move because it seems to be a momentum shifting move, I can't explain it but if I'm getting pitbulled and I pull this move off, more often than not the pitbull ends up being on the defensive the rest of the round. The low is punishable but hard to see coming. Another mix up is doing f+2,1, u/f+2 which throws in a mid frame trap. IMO don't do f+2,1,2 because its not as good as u/f+2.

Anyway let me know what you all think, you don't have to add in explanations if you don't want to but I do know I left a LOT of good moves off the list so I'm curious what moves everyone else uses and how to better add them into my game.
Signature Attention Baek n00bs!

You NO LONGER can pick Baek, the Flamingo WD is now done by Hwoarang
Inserity
Iron Fist God
PSN: Inserity
XBL: Steam: Inserity
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
There's already a top 10 here. Last post was from December. But this has a better title.

~~~~

Couple things I see here.

1) b+1 is punishable; I've jab punished it before. Ina says -11.

3) df1 is definitely i13.

ff+3 is a great move. Safe, causes crouch on block, gives +frames, gives juggle, can't be reversaled (maybe parried ie. Law parry?). It is a bit linear but if you use it right, it won't get stepped.

~~~~

Other than that, good list. I'm not very good at Top 10's so I'll just wait for everyone else lol.
Marin
Sage
PSN: Marin9892
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
My own top eleven, because Baek has too many great moves to only have a top 10 (in no particular order):

4(<4)
1,2,3~f
df4(,4)
df1
d3
df2
FLA 3,4(<4)
cd,N,ws4,[4_<4],[3_3~f]
db3,3~f
iFLA f+3
df3([~f_<4])
Signature TTT2 Baek & Leo Combo Vid
T6BR Baek Combo Vid reupload

Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Keep guessing, till my db+3,3~f damage accumulates, idiot.
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, here's mine...

d+4,3,3

3+4

d/b+3,3(f~FLA)

4,3,3~f FLA

d/f+3,4 (d/f+3~f FLA)

ss+3+4

d/f+4,4(,3)

d+3(,3)

Moves i should use more often and I don't idk why

d/f+2

b+1

u/b+4

FLA 3,3

d/f+1

d+1(,4)

Moves that are also very good:

d/b+4

1,2,3 (,4) (f~FLA)

Peace

Last edited by Mad Hittman on Jan 31st, 2010 at 14:58

Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.