Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
the set-up either knocking an opponent down with a f+1+2~d or fn1,2,1 (both ending in PAN)

the mix-up when the opponent is down, most character or maybe all, will have the choice of hitting mid with a 4 or hitting low 3 or d+4 or tech roll away or tech roll then strike with the mid or the low.
in PAN you can use the auto low parry to parry against the low and leaving them open for either a CH df+1 for a juggle(not sure if its guarantee, but seen it in a video).
If the opponent is either tech rolling side or getting up or getting up to do a mid hit, you can use PAN 1~2 to get them or if they tech roll forward, hit them with a PAN 2 for a juggle and if they tech roll backwards, you can leap at them with the new PAN 4.

Note: Luck / Prediction is required for low 3 or mid 4, if you're not sure which one they would do, it is best just to use PAN 1~2 during the frame when opponent is getting up .

it goes wrong missing with PAN 4, leaves you open for a launch and getting hit by a mid 4 (Thanks to Ultimat )

ideal time to do set-up as long as they are down and you're in PAN

I think the most ideal time to use the setup is to at least have more health than him, then find some way to put him on the ground and enter PAN, then you just sit there until time runs out or the opponent gets impaitent to move, that way he would be pressured to take action!

Now if you were near the wall doing this you wait until time is almost up, just do PAN 3~b for PHX games on the wall:

- PHX 2: When they are either techrolling or getting up.

- PHX (that move to where you enter DRU): If they just lay there, give yourself a little space as you enter DRU and from there its now DRU ground games (remember the setup I posted gentalmen)

- PHX 3~4,4,4: If they get up.

- PHX 4~f SNK: hit them if they just lay there and from there its SNK to PAN games!!!

How you all like that idea!?
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
Aleicard
Fujin
PSN: takatodo
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I like the sound of that. opponent on W! gives you ample time to do PHX stance. oh and it's PHX~f that enters DRU,and if I'm not mistaken PHX 1+2 enters DRU as well(free sip too)

also, I like that Symbo, and you could also do a DRU getup if they decide to backdash away. They'll be like wtf!? and BT DRU would be even more astonishing.
Symbo
Shihan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Indeed, a DRU getup would be nice. Thanks for the suggestion
Signature power speed style [Lei2] uhh... drunk
Aleicard
Fujin
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
in addition to the ff+2 b! ff+2 setup, I've found out that you that there are 3 options you can do to dish out huge amounts of damage.

1. do d+4, it's the safest thing to do, it avoids getup retaliations, it avoids rollback, if opponent decides to quick getup/techroll, he gets hit. feel free to add 4 and transition to DRU or just d+4~d to SNA and then transition all the way.

2. if you know your opponent is holding b all the time, and rolls back, catch him with a u/f+3+4, gets them all the time, and if they manage to block it, do BT 4,3. Most opponents who are smart duck anticipating BT d+1. Be wary though, getup retaliations such as KND 4, and the diving crosschop/springback can hurt Lei.

3. do ff+3, if opponent decides to quick getup to avoid b+4, u/f+3+4, etc. Do ff+3 juggle, it gets them 60% of the time if done quick enough, for relaunch. This works when you have trained opponents to try to duck d+4 or b+4. Works great, dishes out the most damage among 3 options.
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Corrections in Aleicard's last post:

1.d+4 after f,f+2, f,f+2 doesn't avoid roll back. Diving cross chop still hit him after a quick roll back.

2. KND 3_4 always go first if you do f,f+3 after f,f+2 f,f+2.

any more options if opponent decides to roll back after f,f+2 f,f+2?. i was trying df+1 after roll back so it could pick up and you can combo again but sadly it doesn't reach.
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
FreeeeEeeeze!! YuR Nat Gud Enap!!!
SWAY with Michael Boob
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chongibears
any more options if opponent decides to roll back after f,f+2 f,f+2?. i was trying df+1 after roll back so it could pick up and you can combo again but sadly it doesn't reach.

What about doing f,f+2 again and rebounce the enemy? I mean, they could KND 3_4 you, but they woul think twice before rolling back again.
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
haha. oh yeah. the damn f,f+2 I almost forgot. i used that often. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot it has very long reach.

another tip: after the f,f+2 B! f,f+2 if opponent tries to roll to the side, Lei's b+4 will whiff resulting free KND hits. If opponent tries to do that every time, do d+4 instead, it hits side rolling opponents and its safe plus SNA stance for pressuring.
Signature [Lei2] chongibearz = Snakes,dragons,panthers,tigers,cranes,and phoenixes
"With these creatures, being drunk, and my sleeping habits, Ive got nothing to lose."
SWAY with Michael Boob
Aleicard
Fujin
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chongibears
Corrections in Aleicard's last post:

1.d+4 after f,f+2, f,f+2 doesn't avoid roll back. Diving cross chop still hit him after a quick roll back.

2. KND 3_4 always go first if you do f,f+3 after f,f+2 f,f+2.

oops sorry. Maybe, I made a mistake of perception. I may have backed off a bit, instead of doing ff+3 directly. Also, you're right d+4 doesn't avoid rollback after all, it was just that my opponent was hesitant in rolling back, just depended on the timing, but d+4 does hit when opponent just lies there or decides to roll sideways.
Symbo
Shihan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
the setup
W! d/f+1+2~f TGR B! TGR1, WS 3... after that, I do f+3+4 DRU 3,2,4. Most opponents tend to get up after WS 3, so they get hit with DRU 3... and if you continue the 2,4, many opponents try to get up after the 2.. so they get hit with 4. (summary: they get hit with 3 and 4.. it's gonna be DRU 3, 2(whiff), 4.)

the mixup
here's an idea that I got from watching Ranca. after doing a wall combo to the opponent, f+3+4 DRU 3~DRU 3~DRU 1+3_2+4. if the opponent, after getting hit with the low DRU 3, tries to get up quickly, they will be caught with the DRU 1+3_2+4 grab.
Also, if the opponent decides not to get up, you can do DRU u/f+1+2 or DRU 3+4 to oki them.
Another thing, after DRU 3,2,4 you can choose to hold b or f to transition to PHX or CRN and from there, you have many options to choose from to trick the opponent.

it goes wrong when
you do DRU 3,2,4 but the opponent decides to stay on the ground while you do it. none will hit. But I guess it's still safe because after DRU 3,2,4, you are away from the enemy.

ideal time to use it
Whenever you geta chance to wall combo an opponent. Especially if after the wall combo, he has very little life left.
chongibears
Tekken Lord Black
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
another info on the f,f+2 f,f+2 B! options:
When opponent tries to back roll and does the dive (f1+2) and you do Lei's uf3+4 flip directly after the second f,f+2, you get hit by the dive. It's just little damage though, but just to let you guys know. The mix-up will be successful only if the opponent only back rolls. Then you can start the BT mix-ups.
SWAY with Michael Boob
Cenn
Sage
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
-delete-

Last edited by Cenn on Feb 9th, 2009 at 03:54

Cenn
Sage
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
-delete-

Last edited by Cenn on Feb 9th, 2009 at 03:55

Symbo
Shihan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cenn
it's a great set-up Symbo

and the DRU 324 to PHX or CRN
I'll use it

PHX 4 SNK 4

Thanks! And hey, welcome to the Lei community.
Cenn
Sage
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
-delete-

Last edited by Cenn on Feb 9th, 2009 at 03:55

crying freeman
Dragon Lord
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
hey!!!
damn, i missed everyone in the lei forums..haha! i hope everyone's doing good! im back with lei, and REclimbing ranks..hahaha! and after some time with T6 roger, and our old friend DR lei, i managed to conjure up new setup ideas for our main man T6 leilei!
ill read around first...see if the setups i have have already been posted.. make sure the forum isnt redundant and stays clean...hehe!

the setup:
after an opponent gets knocked away from a usual combo (say B! ff34), move a little closer to your opponent and WS2,1... this in my opinion is the best time for this move...

i either do this, or jump over after B! for back turn mixups..hehe!

the mixup:
most of my opponents usually just see WS2 (from a knd combo, or a BTd+1 etc) and usually dont expect the next 1.. if they try to kick (4 or 3 or d+3) you as they stand up, you get the CH 1 from WS2,1 to hit..and this launches!

if you WS21 too early tho, you still get damage.. CH WS2 will knock em away but thats still free damage...so, use it wisely..hehe!

(btw, this is how i worked out my problem with jack..hehe)

it goes wrong when:
they stay down.. when i whiff and WS21 the air, they usually have combos to punish me with...and i mean PUNISH...

ideal time to use it:
play around first... notice what happens after you combo your opponent... do they stay down? backroll? 4? whatever...just feel them out first.. then when youre feeling up to it, get em with that WS21..haha!

its nice to know the lei community is still intact and growing...hehe!! cheers!
Signature [Lei2] (UM)

Aleicard
Fujin
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, I've been taking a break as well. Mostly because I just got Soul Calibur 4 this week. Anyway, nice mixup with the WS 2,1 in the end. Oh yeah, if the opponent presses up and blocks WS,2,1 they can punish with jabs. And if they're mishima, they can do 1,1,2 guaranteed. nice touch with the observation as well. If my opponent doesnt get up the much I sometimes just dash in and do WS3, or d+4 them to heck. Thanks for sharing.
Battousai
Iron Fist God
PSN: ElDiabloMacho
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
WS+3 doesn't hit grounded people anymore, right? Unless you're off-axis, maybe...
Cenn
Sage
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
-delete-

Last edited by Cenn on Feb 9th, 2009 at 04:12

Signature guess whose back?

T3 Lei T5DR Nina T6 Aking
T6BR Lars Nina TTT2 Jin Nina
T7
Symbo
Shihan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cenn
is that confirmed? i think it hits characters

you do WS+3 with lack of distance

My tips for WS+3

D/F (hold) WS+3

yeah that's what I do too.
For example, when I use d/f+1+2~f TGR B! and I see that the opponent is near the wall, I dash forward, then use TGR 1... By this time the opponent is very near the wall, but I am not, so I do D/F hold.. then WS 3 ^_^
BEARTASTIC
NICE(-^_^-)GAME
PSN: Live for Nothing
XBL: Die for Something
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
wow so many setups thank to you all.. i learned a lot today

my setup

use this moves
1. uf+3+4
2. 4~3,4,4
3. PHX b+4,U
4. b+4~B

those moves can put you into BT back stance and it gives a little stun to the opponent with this moves u can mixup d+1 or uf+4

can anyone try w! df+1+2 b! d+1 ; FC,df+2,1,4~B to PHX f+4 unblockable move when the opponent tech rolled. is it possible to hit the opponent?

Last edited by BEARTASTIC on Oct 8th, 2008 at 03:39

Signature NICE(-^_^-)GAME

[miguel] - "whooohooo...!! hahahahahaha....!!"
[king] - "rrrraaawwwrrrrr!!!"
[mokujin] - "..............."