Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by James Pham
Consistency with that combo is a lot higher. I land it 90% of the time... vs doing uf+4, df2,1, 1, b+2,1+2 b! isw. about 70%

as for ISW consistency tips:
1)i know this might sound weird, but i think the way you breath can affect your isw. i notice a few times i messed up my isw because i was out of breath.

2)(1P side, arcade stick) I taught some guy an isw technique where you think of it as "clapping your hands" when hitting f,f, *imaginary clap* f+2+4. smack the f and 2+4 at the same time, like your trying to clap your hands ( i notice a lot of people input it as f,f,f,...2+4)

3)and i taught another guy isw by telling him AFTER INPUTING the b! hit, hold forward THEN input isw (assuming your wrist would be above the sticks equilibrium) sorry if its hard to understand.

my isw's arent great but i've found these tips helpful and progressive when people ask me in person as to how to do them.

I like the breathing point that you made for this one, as weird as it sounds, I realise that too.

Breathing in my opinion actually makes a big difference for me. I take a breath during b2, 1+2 and I wont let go unto I've completed the SW attempt. Even for that short moment, but I'll especially create a separate inhale / exhale session for SW..

Weird aye?
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
Macaw
3rd Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha this thread has suddenly become totally awesome.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Button bufferng helps.

ie.

b+2,1+2 = b+2 (hold 2), press 1
iSW = (still holding 2) f,f,n,f+4
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
I find an "even" speed on the run is important.

like, T5 iSW juggles I would do the three forwards as sounding like:

tap...ta~tap

whereas B! iSW for me is more just

tap~tap~tap

equal timing between each of the forward taps.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
In T5/DR I actually did ta-tap...tap or taptaptap. I couldn't get the handle on the tap...ta-tap.
To each his own I guess.
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

MMT
Royal Pain
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap
Button bufferng helps.

ie.

b+2,1+2 = b+2 (hold 2), press 1
iSW = (still holding 2) f,f,n,f+4

Oh yes definately, I started off doing this, and then something shitty happened to me, for a period of 2 weeks, I couldnt get a shine in, coz for some reason it threw off my run buffer timing, and for some weird reason only a f+4 came out, so I stopped buffering for a while until I got the run timing back (haven't lost it since...) and then went back to buffering again.

I randomly played DR the other night, I had coins to spare, but not enough for T6, OK, I gotta stop being random.

We have to shine until it's not just a notation that we have to time, I wanna be able to shine as if it's second nature out of anywhere and anything.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
alpha4
1st Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
i feel that isw after B! is easier than what i do norrmally in tekken DR
After B!, we have to immediately press f,f,f+2+4
i can get it done like 95%
MMT
Royal Pain
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll probably start up a finger massage and breathing classes specifically for iSW.

Bounce is definately better.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MMT
I'll probably start up a finger massage and breathing classes specifically for iSW.

Bounce is definately better.

LOL wen do they begin?
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

MMT
Royal Pain
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Like all classes, when there are sufficient demands for the course of course.

NO application forms required, just have your tokens ready, and we should be able to get the ball rolling.

Mind you, Snap has always been the iSW master in my opinion, so I'm gonna find out how he breathes. We've all seen the fingers.

One thing I noticed when I shine from the left though is that I change joystick grips, I change it from control grip to a speed tap grip, I find if I keep it on the control grip I get un-co and I just f-up the whole thing.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't read that much into iSW to the point of breathing patterns

It's really just a matter of knowing the timing to buffer the run into the b+2,1+2B!.

And hey, even I stuff up the iSW sometimes.
MMT
Royal Pain
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
There we go, folks, first tip, just breathe normally.

Actually breathing doesnt affect me as much as it did in DR, them days you should have seen my face everytime I tried to pull an iSW in juggles.

Is it ever possible on Wang? Thats what I want to know, I've never done it on Wang.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
spikestar
7th Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
It is possible, but its fucking difficult.
Signature [ARMOR KING] - Mentor
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Can also confirm it's doable on Ling. Size does matter, but noone slips under the radar.
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I've done it on smalls like roger,ling,Zafina,wang...., It's hard of course.

BUT I can't even get once on panda/kuma.

I hope they can fix it in the next version of T6 or they can give king a new B! move like AK's d+2. So we don't haveto worry about the size problem like B! isw or wall B! combos.
Signature The Dragon

The characters I play in T6 ===>
1st class:::: ---> only law
2nd class::: feng aking king Kazuya ---> just for fun
MMT
Royal Pain
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, I did it on Wang, so that only makes it one more character to do it on, anf thats on the bears.

King is too tall, and their legs are too short.

Although MokuKing made it work with a uf4, b+1, 1, b2,1+2 B! f,f,f2+4
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
0kills
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by combot-killer
In T5/DR I actually did ta-tap...tap or taptaptap. I couldn't get the handle on the tap...ta-tap.
To each his own I guess.

I did tap...ta-tap in DR days and the way it worked was you press f a few moments after a jab, (tap) then do f, f+2+4 (hence the ta-tap) -> I believe this was easier for me because I got used to marduk's ff+1+2 grab off his vtsc and Raven's ff+3 combos :/ This method's definitely better for those who start getting feeling epileptic during WD and whatnot

Bad thing was this completely screwed my attempts to do t6 iSW after B!. My question now is, if i do tap...ta-tap, do I only have to delay it a bit so it grabs? Or do i rreallly have to start learning tap tap tap

*taptaptap fingers*
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
after experimenting a bit more, I've realised it doesn't really matter how you time the forward taps, you just need a fast run.

the main trick just seems to be that you have to do the actual throw a lot later than you'd think, when he's right at their feet. It's actually pretty easy.

My current method is:

tap,ta~tap....2+4
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Talons
Champion
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
ok i can do it 100% (almost) on all guys except for the chicks and wang. . . i did land
it a couple of times on asuka and zafina but thats like. . . 5% lols i just recently picked him up because i felt the need to master iSW after mastering ewgf can finally do 4 in an aircombo
oh and i cant do iSW on DR to save my life. . . maybe i have to do it faster? im buffering it btw
forgot to ask. . . has anyone done iSW on the final boss in arcade mode?? its fuked~

cheers~
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Talons
ok i can do it 100% (almost) on all guys except for the chicks and wang. . . i did land
it a couple of times on asuka and zafina but thats like. . . 5% lols i just recently picked him up because i felt the need to master iSW after mastering ewgf can finally do 4 in an aircombo
oh and i cant do iSW on DR to save my life. . . maybe i have to do it faster? im buffering it btw
forgot to ask. . . has anyone done iSW on the final boss in arcade mode?? its fuked~

cheers~

iSW cannot be done on azazel becos azazel cannot be grabbed

king U/F+1+2 is the way to kill azazel

DR to T6 is alot easier - people are more comfortable and relaxed becos psychologically they think that they have more time to do fff+2+4 (which in reality isnt much more time)
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!