Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Short iSW guide

Q: What is iSW?'
A: iSW is short for instant Shining Wizard, it is done during a juggle by pressing f,f,F2+4. the attack does 30dmg, and is also called Running Powerbomb.

Q: where is Snaps iSW vid?
A: it's on youtube. click the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMgZ231Q12A

Q: how does a whiffed iSW looks like? I mean, is it fast, like the GS throw, or slow, like the f2+4?
A: looks just like a whiffed GS. both arms equally out and same height.

Q: what are good beginning juggles to practice my ISW?
A: u/f4, 2,1, iSW is good, since the 1 keeps him pretty high, you get enough time to put in the iSW. after it, try u/f4, f2,2, 1, iSW, this is most ppl's staple juggle.

Q: what's the best oki/tech-trap after a RPB (=GS or iSW)?
A: f+2+3 will hit if they roll back/get up crouching/ do waking-up 4, TS_GS_MB if they get up straight, GT if they stay grounded or side roll.

UPDATE: new T6 training video available:
Press here
Contributed by erufan95

Last edited by combot-killer on Sep 18th, 2008 at 12:38

Signature The Dragon

The characters I play in T6 ===>
1st class:::: ---> only law
2nd class::: feng aking king Kazuya ---> just for fun
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap

Regarding b+2,1+2B!, iSW, it seems that you need to buffer the dash into the b+2,1+2 (so that he instantly starts running after the move). Then it's just timing for the f+2+4 and BAM!! Easy enough to do, hard enough to be challenging. Think buffering the last jab and iSW of uf+4, df+2,1, 1, 1, iSW. It's a very similiar timing.

And that video link is neither T6, nor is it the correct timing for it.

My own iSW video is useless for B! iSW as well. It's only ok (and just OK) for air iSW juggles.

Last edited by Snap on Oct 20th, 2009 at 15:42

Dangerous King
PSN: Cyrax_kBm
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I have trouble doing iSW after bounce too. I thought I'd kill it cause I have no trouble doing it normally. The buffering is fine it comes straight out after b+2,1+2 but goes over their legs. I only got it twice. by the way, I'm doing:

uf+4, f+2,2, 1, b+2,1+2 B! iSW.

What's the deal? Or is the above combo too hard for constant use?
Signature =iNf= Melbourne Tekken
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post

Regarding b+2,1+2B!, iSW, it seems that you need to buffer the dash into the b+2,1+2 (so that he instantly starts running after the move). Then it's just timing for the f+2+4 and BAM!! Easy enough to do, hard enough to be challenging. Think buffering the last jab and iSW of uf+4, df+2,1, 1, 1, iSW. It's a very similiar timing.

Thank you. I'll try to do that.
I don't remember how I did B! isw. I just try to do it like in t5/t5dr.

Originally posted by Dangerous King
I have trouble doing iSW after bounce too. I thought I'd kill it cause I have no trouble doing it normally. The buffering is fine it comes straight out after b+2,1+2 but goes over their legs. I only got it twice. by the way, I'm doing:

uf+4, f+2,2, 1, b+2,1+2 B! iSW.

What's the deal? Or is the above combo too hard for constant use?
I'm talking about the B! isw of uf+4,df+2,1,1,b+2,1+2, B! isw. you can use f+2,2 or df+2,1 and it doesn't matter because it does the same damage like in t5/t5dr isw juggle(uf+4, f+22_df+21,1s,isw).

I think it depends on your isw skill level. I can say it's very very hard for a Newbie. For us who have been played t5/t5dr about 3 years, actually it's not that hard because we have been doing isw juggles for like 3 years. Now we just have to practice the timing of B! isw.
Signature The Dragon

rbkaiser
Dragon Lord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post

I think it depends on your isw skill level. I can say it's very very hard for a Newbie. For us who have been played t5/t5dr about 3 years, actually it's not that hard because we have been doing isw juggles for like 3 years. Now we just have to practice the timing of B! isw.

Well, for me, doing B! iSW is kinda easier. In T5 and T5DR, i've only gotten iSW finish like 10%-30% of the time (yah, i know, it sucks. That's why i prefer AK than King back then.)

But i tried u/f+4, d/f+2,1, 1, b+2, 1+2 B! iSW and i got it the first time O_O

i get it around 80%-90%. Can't seem to do as good as AK's B! iSW ^^;

um... i dont know if i should share this coz i think this isnt the proper way to do it... but how i do my B! iSW is basically like this...

when 1+2 B! hits, i "mash" F. i just keep mashing the stick forward, then press the 2+4 when i see the opponents feet flying up (the bound). yeah i know, nOOB way. but hey, works for me.
Signature Sadako <FTW-FC> -- til hell freezes over --
http://cosplay.ph/
co-discovered iGS (f~db~f+1) for the Kings

sadakoNeko Crescentine
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL, I absolutely see nothing wrong with that.

Whatever works for you man.

Technically speaking, I wouldnt call it "instant" anymore, seeing as how you actually have to run for it to get to the bounded opponent.

But, yeah.. let it run a little bit.

You dont want to do it too early.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by rbkaiser
Well, for me, doing B! iSW is kinda easier. In T5 and T5DR, i've only gotten iSW finish like 10%-30% of the time (yah, i know, it sucks. That's why i prefer AK than King back then.)

But i tried u/f+4, d/f+2,1, 1, b+2, 1+2 B! iSW and i got it the first time O_O

i get it around 80%-90%. Can't seem to do as good as AK's B! iSW ^^;

um... i dont know if i should share this coz i think this isnt the proper way to do it... but how i do my B! iSW is basically like this...

when 1+2 B! hits, i "mash" F. i just keep mashing the stick forward, then press the 2+4 when i see the opponents feet flying up (the bound). yeah i know, nOOB way. but hey, works for me.
That is interesting to know. Maybe I have done too much isw juggles in T5/t5dr and that makes me harder to adjust to a different timing of isw. Thanks for the tip and it's good that you can do well with B! isw.
Signature The Dragon

noobkken
Iron Fist God
PSN: Launch+
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MMT

But, yeah.. let it run a little bit.

You dont want to do it too early.

Agreed, realised we DR isw types go for as minimal dash as possible isw, when it actually helps to get abit of 'run' for SW to reach. Yup doesnt really feel like iSW anymore, just SW. lol.
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
You boys will have to work it out yourselves. Timing is different to DR.
Edit: Now, you have to buffer the whole dash into the b+2,1+2, with n falling within the final frames.

There won't be another iSW demo from me

Last edited by Snap on Feb 21st, 2008 at 06:23

Dangerous King
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Boo, I vote on a lightdash vid then

MMT, do you have any trouble getting it consistantly? B! iSW is any different from the Japan version is it?
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Snap = lazy.
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

Dangerous King
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
OK, got it shitloads today and I found out that doing fast is a no-no. Lightning fast is what I was doing wrong. Buffer the ff as you would normally but don't hit the last f+2+4 until King's head is literally in their crotch and when their legs are way up in the air.
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I did feel the same when I did B! isw. buffer the ff then F+2+4(F will make you run a bit and grab their legs in the right time). It's different from the DR style : jabs,isw.
Signature The Dragon

Snap
Where's the cheese?
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by combot-killer
Snap = lazy.

CK = gay

DK may be right about that small thing tho. It does get harder as the char gets smaller. I wasn't able to land it once on Ling today (although Anna was ok). Can anyone confirm?
spikestar
7th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
CK = gay

DK may be right about that small thing tho. It does get harder as the char gets smaller. I wasn't able to land it once on Ling today (although Anna was ok). Can anyone confirm?

We'll so far i only got it a few times on small's. It's really hard to say if the timing is the same since atm there arent great amount of players on our seen using small's. Altho when it did connect on them i was using the same timing. Not sure about ling. I'll be havin a few games with a ling player next week so i'll let yous know what i found out.
Signature [ARMOR KING] - Mentor
A7thSteve
1st Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I trained isw for the first time yesterday (I've never played DR, they didn't have it where I lived before). The mashing forward trick worked for me, and on bigger characters I could get it 75% of the time.

The most important thing was timing the throw, if I got it once in one match I would have the timing down and could do it consecutively, but next match I'd lose it again so character size might make a difference (I had the most luck vs. Bruce and Ganryu). I don't look at the feet or anything, I just 'feel' where the throw is, then the timing becomes natural.
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Asuka, Wang and Nina are really hard to get for me, I have no problems with Ling, but them 3, and of course Panda / Kuma.

I really dont know why. Besides the fact that they're small characters, but if I can get Ling, then I dont know why I couldnt get the others.
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Small characters are harder to get for me too.
I can get like 80% for biggies like jack6 and ,marduk.

How about uf+4,df+4,3,b+2,1+2 B! isw? it does less damage, but maybe it's reliable when doing B! isw?
Signature The Dragon

James Pham
Expert
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WhiteDragon
Small characters are harder to get for me too.
I can get like 80% for biggies like jack6 and ,marduk.

How about uf+4,df+4,3,b+2,1+2 B! isw? it does less damage, but maybe it's reliable when doing B! isw?

Consistency with that combo is a lot higher. I land it 90% of the time... vs doing uf+4, df2,1, 1, b+2,1+2 b! isw. about 70%

as for ISW consistency tips:
1)i know this might sound weird, but i think the way you breath can affect your isw. i notice a few times i messed up my isw because i was out of breath.

2)(1P side, arcade stick) I taught some guy an isw technique where you think of it as "clapping your hands" when hitting f,f, *imaginary clap* f+2+4. smack the f and 2+4 at the same time, like your trying to clap your hands ( i notice a lot of people input it as f,f,f,...2+4)

3)and i taught another guy isw by telling him AFTER INPUTING the b! hit, hold forward THEN input isw (assuming your wrist would be above the sticks equilibrium) sorry if its hard to understand.

my isw's arent great but i've found these tips helpful and progressive when people ask me in person as to how to do them.
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by James Pham
Consistency with that combo is a lot higher. I land it 90% of the time... vs doing uf+4, df2,1, 1, b+2,1+2 b! isw. about 70%

as for ISW consistency tips:
1)i know this might sound weird, but i think the way you breath can affect your isw. i notice a few times i messed up my isw because i was out of breath.

2)(1P side, arcade stick) I taught some guy an isw technique where you think of it as "clapping your hands" when hitting f,f, *imaginary clap* f+2+4. smack the f and 2+4 at the same time, like your trying to clap your hands ( i notice a lot of people input it as f,f,f,...2+4)

3)and i taught another guy isw by telling him AFTER INPUTING the b! hit, hold forward THEN input isw (assuming your wrist would be above the sticks equilibrium) sorry if its hard to understand.

my isw's arent great but i've found these tips helpful and progressive when people ask me in person as to how to do them.
Thanks.

About uf+4,df+21,f+1,b+2,1+2 on small characters, you can't delay isw like doing B! isw on biggies. That means you have to do it as fast as possible after b+2,1+2. The timing is like doing AK's B! isw which you just do it as fast as possible.
Signature The Dragon