< >
MAC404
Dragon Lord
PSN: Drum-EFX
XBL: OLD PSN: drummamac
#741 “Quote” Edit Post
We need more people
Signature Asuka of the western hemisphere

"its not that I'm so good, its the fact that the rest of you muthafukas is so bad!"

JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
PSN: Warm_Rhino_Poo
#742 “Quote” Edit Post
in town thursday morning at 6 am...where the games at? i will be getting to the hotel around noon on thursday to help with set up..no idea when im leaving but i have no set schedule...Hoa, dez, steve where you guys at? someone call or text me
Signature NO PRACTICE= deserving losses
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#743 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo, I got a buddy who is trying to get into Tekken more seriously and he's in Atlanta. Anyone mind shootin me their number so I can shuffle it to him so he can get in some games and what not?
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
DEZ 187
Iron Fist God
#744 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JuStBlAzEiTuP
in town thursday morning at 6 am...where the games at? i will be getting to the hotel around noon on thursday to help with set up..no idea when im leaving but i have no set schedule...Hoa, dez, steve where you guys at? someone call or text me

aight. everybodys all over the place man. we're spread throughout the city. we'll definitely link up in some fashion.

galen: same deal. we are spread out & lots of us don't even have phones or check the forums. his best bet is to come to final round. a one stop shop.
TheSleepyOne
Kyu
XBL: russ42790
#745 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEZ 187
aight. everybodys all over the place man. we're spread throughout the city. we'll definitely link up in some fashion.

galen: same deal. we are spread out & lots of us don't even have phones or check the forums. his best bet is to come to final round. a one stop shop.

Speaking of, I don't think I can make it this year... but if yall still wanted to get games in at one point in time just lemme kno. I'll PM my email.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#746 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn, thanks DEZ.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
TheSleepyOne
Kyu
XBL: russ42790
#747 “Quote” Edit Post
i do have 1 question tho. if u come as a spectator at FR, u can play casuals, right?
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#748 “Quote” Edit Post
Um ridin round n um gettin it

IT MINEZ I SPENT IT
Signature Retired...........unless MMs.

DEZ 187
Iron Fist God
#749 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FlyMikey

IT MINEZ I SPENT IT

^lol

sf x tekken these days. i'm officially str8 on calibur.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#750 “Quote” Edit Post
Goddammit Dez! Not you too. Game is hideous. Capcom turned Tekken likenesses into Simpsons characters. The world going nuts over that shit and fucking GEMS. Grown ass men getting excited about how they gonna equip colorful rocks. Just make another Powerstone you jackasses.

I might be the only nigga who stays true and never touches that shit ever. I made a promise to myself. Just because the homies are selling out doesn't mean I have to. Then they already got a squad of DLC characters on deck for wallets. Hunchback Bryan and shit. Capcom got their dicks down people's throats. Patting y'all head too.

Imma travel the world, helping niggas along the way. When I return, TTT2 will be on consoles. And I want people's paychecks. Prob change my name to DLCMike too. Y'all won't mind.

P.S. Fuck SCV. After last weekend, I'm never playing it again. I had faith. Little girls snatched that shit away from me asap.

JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
#751 “Quote” Edit Post
i refuse to play that shit too...dont know why people acting likei ts going to be good or is already a good game....just because it appears to be fun doesnt make it a good game. street fighter is and always will be one of the worst games around. pretty proven that any 2d game is and always will be trash
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#752 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, not all 2D. OG 2D was legit. And KoF XIII can get that burn because it's actually a REAL fg.

But community is hella dumb and brainwashed nowadays. I still haven't touched Shit Feast x Turds. Actually, I'm taking a break so niggas can do what they want. I'll be back around only for T6 MMs or when TTT 2 drops. Call me when it's gangsta...

JuStBlAzEiTuP
Iron Fist God
#753 “Quote” Edit Post
man...all 2d is whack. never seen or played a good 2d game in my life.
3-0 Done Representative
The Steve of GA
www.gmma.us
Sluch
Soul Crusher
PSN: Sluch
#754 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JuStBlAzEiTuP
man...all 2d is whack. never seen or played a good 2d game in my life.

I beg to differ Eric. There's some pretty fun 2D games out there that I personally like to play & still play to this day. All of them though are pretty much Old School 2D games like Mike mentioned in his post. Games like Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo, all the Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK2, MK3, UMK3), & my personal favorite Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers) are pretty fun & awesome 2D fighting games. Imo, Vampire Savior is the best & most fun since it's a really fast paced game that rewards the player for using the mechanics of the game correctly. We actually have a big following for it here in my arcade that I play at in Cincinnati, so I can vouch & say that it's a damn good game that I personally love to play. I'd say that I probably like playing Tekken & Soul Calibur more since I've always been a big fan of 3D fighting games, but Vampire Savior is pretty much up there for me along with how much I like Tekken & Soul Calibur. That's just my two cents on the topic at hand.
Signature Proud Representative & Godfather of Cincy Tekken

- My Main Hos

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#755 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sluch
I beg to differ Eric. There's some pretty fun 2D games out there that I personally like to play & still play to this day. All of them though are pretty much Old School 2D games like Mike mentioned in his post. Games like Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo, all the Mortal Kombat games (MK, MK2, MK3, UMK3), & my personal favorite Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers) are pretty fun & awesome 2D fighting games. Imo, Vampire Savior is the best & most fun since it's a really fast paced game that rewards the player for using the mechanics of the game correctly. We actually have a big following for it here in my arcade that I play at in Cincinnati, so I can vouch & say that it's a damn good game that I personally love to play. I'd say that I probably like playing Tekken & Soul Calibur more since I've always been a big fan of 3D fighting games, but Vampire Savior is pretty much up there for me along with how much I like Tekken & Soul Calibur. That's just my two cents on the topic at hand.

Aw man, you know what's up! Personally, I think Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core was the best and most complete 2D fg, but I always had a love for VS. Wanted to learn it adequately but we never got a scene for it here. I guess I'll have to go back on GGPO. But I know how Ray and Kyle fuck shit up in that game! Game is like pure rushdown, so you know if Capcom does a new one like fans want, it's going to suck ass. Yea I really STILL want to learn VS for real. I think it needs to be the other fg that has a real scene here. It's overall US scene is pretty dedicated, though small. I've heard about dudes getting raped and then dropping it.

If by some chance I can make it to PowerUp, then I'm getting some VS matches with you and crew. Game is that OG hype shit. Classic Capcom before they sold out.

WayGamble
Iron Fist God
PSN: WayGamble
#756 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys I made a poll on to see if there would be any interest in another regional tournament series for Tekken Tag 2 http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...hreadid=123400. If you have the time please vote. I don't work for Namco or anything but maybe if they see enough interest they'll revive Tekken regionals and pump the scene back up
Signature I Am a Master of Those I Survey.
Sluch
Soul Crusher
PSN: Sluch
#757 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FlyMikey
Aw man, you know what's up! Personally, I think Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core was the best and most complete 2D fg, but I always had a love for VS. Wanted to learn it adequately but we never got a scene for it here. I guess I'll have to go back on GGPO. But I know how Ray and Kyle fuck shit up in that game! Game is like pure rushdown, so you know if Capcom does a new one like fans want, it's going to suck ass. Yea I really STILL want to learn VS for real. I think it needs to be the other fg that has a real scene here. It's overall US scene is pretty dedicated, though small. I've heard about dudes getting raped and then dropping it.

If by some chance I can make it to PowerUp, then I'm getting some VS matches with you and crew. Game is that OG hype shit. Classic Capcom before they sold out.

Dude...Mike, I approve of this post my good sir.

In terms of GGXX:AC, that is a damn good 2D fighting game. Along with KOF13, I believe these two 2D fighting games are really both the most complex & complete. Imo, they are both hella difficult to pick up & master just with the execution alone that both of these games require, so that's why I have hella respect for both of these games b/c it takes a tremendous amount of time & effort to get down the finer nuances of these games to play them effectively at high level.

In terms of VS, it really is a damn good 2D fighting game & easily my favorite one as well. It's funny that you mention both Ray & Kyle on this b/c they are the ones that really are the fore runners for VS in the Midwest. Fortunately for me, both of them live close by me with Ray being in Lexington & Kyle being here in Cincinnati. What's awesome is that when Kyle moved from Lexington to Cincinnati, he pretty much got everyone here in the Cincinnati, Dayton, & Northern Kentucky area involved with VS, essentially teaching us all here how to play the game at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati. It's gotten real big here & through Kyle's tremendous effort in teaching people the game, Ray coming up every so often to play to make us better, & everyone's involvement within the community here wanting to get better at the game b/c all of players here love the game & wanna get better at it, we've actually become known for the game here (aka Vampire Arcadia). It's pretty damn awesome & we're pretty lucky to have a scene for the game here where I live.

If you get a chance to get up here for Power Up Mike, we'll definitely have to play VS for sure, & I'm pretty sure we'll all help ya out in getting into VMP shape for this game.
Signature Proud Representative & Godfather of Cincy Tekken

- My Main Hos

Galen- "I want my 100% broken top tier goddess plz... ALSO they should nerf the rest of the cast."
DEZ 187
Iron Fist God
#758 “Quote” Edit Post
ryan hart has an excellent take on things and pretty much sums it up here:

http://westernwolves.com/blog/SF_X_..._part_1-10.html

look man, i am not saying 2d is the best shit in the world with anything i posted. ya'll are trippin. lol.

as ryan hart is saying in the article they pretty much took the likeness of the tekken characters and made sf characters. they made character models and personalities a joke in some ways when tekken characters for the most part are pretty serious by video/fighting game standards. this is insulting to most tekken players including me. they also took the depth of each characters movelist away, which they had to do in order to cater to the engine and sf players who aren't use to memorizing that many moves. i can't really say it's a GOOD game but it is better than calibur at this point. lol.

i understand what all of you are saying. makes perfect sense. i also come from a small fighting game community. now i am in a huge community and i don't take it for granted. you are cheating yourself if you only play one type of fighter. the best players ALWAYS play more than one game and for the most part excel at more than one game. it improves your critical thinking and translates into different strategies in other games. it also exposes you to different people that play those other games, that you normally wouldn't be exposed to. this gives you the chance to grow culturally among other things. you have to look at the big picture.

i could go on for days about this. we definitely should have this discussion the next time i see any of you.
WayGamble
Iron Fist God
PSN: WayGamble
#759 “Quote” Edit Post
Shut upa you mouth
Signature I Am a Master of Those I Survey.
DEZ 187
Iron Fist God
#760 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WayGamble
Shut upa you mouth