Combo discussion

Page Splits <1234>...28
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a quick note after playing again a bit recently (I had about 10 days off), my post B! moves of choice look like this now:

B! qcf+1,1:
for the solid damage and massive wall push, higher than deathfist from what I can tell, provides enough range for Wang to get into a full run, not quite enough for an unblockable shoulder charge, but enough to get the opp pressured trying to interrupt, which we can step and whiff punish, or whatever else happens,

B! d/b+2,4,2:
off of smaller juggles where I'm close after B!, good damage, and feels easier to land than b+2,1,1+2 post B!

B! DT, d+2:
the standard oki ender we're seeing in the vids, BnA will catch backrollers and the first hit will hit siderollers away (not good for us though really, they get up early enough to pressure), and on quick stand we have our normal FC mixups right in their face

B! 1+2:
working on this now, wondering if this is going to just be better overall than d+2... I get the feeling it might be, though this is dependant on range from the opp when we do it, as the b+2,1 to pickup quickstand_backroll needs to be in range to work properly for the float.

Oh and to get into our FC mixup after a W! B!, instead of the 1, b+2,1, d+3 we've been seeing in vids, I've found that 2,1,1,4,4 works as long as you're not far off axis styley, damaging, and the mean oki afterwards, I likes!
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
CD-DT
Eternal Student
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
TekkenFaqs - An open to the public All Character Punishment and Combo Site for T6 and DR. Take a look and submit entries if you can.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
Coffin_Joe
Shihan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
A short little combo vid from feichunwong's YouTube page.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dl6rdCNjNEM

Signature

Moonie
Champion
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
err, i just thought of picking up wang today and err

just a suggestion. i was able to do d/f+1,1 after B!

i suggest you guys do that for oki options. just sharing. but it's hard to land the d/f+1,1

sorry if this has been said already. just didn't see
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
With all this talk of different damage scaling going around I was thinking of ways to make the most of our launchers, and I managed this today, though it was on the cpu:

u/f+4, 4, 1+2 B!, slight dash, d/b+2,4, d+3,4

Will test again on human opps asap to see if the d+3,4 can be teched, and if not, see how the damage goes.

+edit+ didn't have much luck with this, not worth it.

Last edited by Draakur on May 8th, 2008 at 04:18

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
rbkaiser
Dragon Lord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
that new launching move is d/f+2, 1 right? im just wondering, is that guaranteed after F+1,1,1? or is there a way of escaping that. i've seen some people block the launcher, but im not sure if its because the Wang delayed too much, or if the other one really did something to evade it?
Signature Sadako <FTW-FC> -- til hell freezes over --
http://cosplay.ph/
co-discovered iGS (f~db~f+1) for the Kings

sadakoNeko Crescentine
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Well he's always had d/f+2,1 but it's been reanimated in T6 yeh. Still has the same properties as far as we know. People can escape the stun from CH 1,1,1 by teching, so no, the launcher isn't guaranteed. If they don't tech though then yeh, you get just about anything you like for free, dash d/f+2,1 probably being the best way to go since it's our highest damaging launch and gives the best wall push.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Moonie
Champion
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
just wondering, anything guaranteed after b+2,1,CH1+2?
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
You can dash in to a d+3,4, or d/f+1+2, or for best results (afaik), dash in to DT (which is d/f+3+4), 1, 1+2 B!, then either qcf+2 or DT d+2 (we're slightly off axis here so stuff like qcf+1,1 or another 1+2 isn't consistant).
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Zamba
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Draakur
You can dash in to a d+3,4, or d/f+1+2, or for best results (afaik), dash in to DT (which is d/f+3+4), 1, 1+2 B!, then either qcf+2 or DT d+2 (we're slightly off axis here so stuff like qcf+1,1 or another 1+2 isn't consistant).

Sounds like the best option right there?

d/f+1+2 after B! dosen't seem to do much damage.
Signature Whats New?
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeh that's what I always go for, best wall carry, highest damage obviously, and you've got FC oki if you go for the B!, DT, d+2. I don't personally find it's easy to get actually, it's kind of tight with the dash, but I get it more than half the time and I'm getting better. If you mess it up and get it late the DT will hit them on the ground and knock them back, so we're safe in that sense too.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
got these from arcadia, they are classed as difficult.

f+2, ff~qcf+2

df+2,1, db+2,4, b+2,1, 1+2b!, df+3+4, qcf+2

WM, dash in ~ db+4,2, 4, ff~n2, b+2,1, 1+2b!, qcf+2

heavy wall splat, 1+2b!, f+2, b+2,1, qcf+2
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
Catkitty
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
What is Wang's best wall option post wall bound, e.g 1+2?
I wonder...

Is the string 4, 4, 4 still here?
It could be a fine wall option, couldn't it? Can anyone test?

Thanks very much.
Signature BITCH: Beautiful Intelligent Talented Creative Honest

http://www.all-acronyms.com/cat/9/BITCH
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks man

Originally posted by retsu_himura
df+2,1, db+2,4, b+2,1, 1+2b!, df+3+4, qcf+2

Yeh I can understand why that might be classed as difficult, d/b+2,4 has a weird hitbox and I've found requires some specific timing to land in juggles. Hitting it so that the b+2,1 can connect afterwards would be awkward.
heavy wall splat, 1+2b!, f+2, b+2,1, qcf+2

Whoa wtf, that's a lot of damage! I've gotta try that. Don't see why this wouldn't work off of any W! B! too...?

+edit+ Ok I've tested, and there's no way in hell that hits haha. You take far too long to recover after the f+2. I'm assuming you typo'd f+1

Is the string 4, 4, 4 still here?
It could be a fine wall option, couldn't it? Can anyone test?

Checked awhile ago but wanted to make sure, so I checked again today, and nope, it won't land. Would be nice though. I can imagine the f+1, b+2,1, qcf+2 being the best, but it could be worth playing around with more stuff. Maybe W! B! b+2,1, d/b+4,2...?

Last edited by Draakur on May 15th, 2008 at 07:41

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Catkitty
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok...

Sad.

Well, at least that was a shot...
Could you test:
- 4, 4, 1
- iWS+2, 2, 2

on (w!)

Thanks very much.
Signature BITCH: Beautiful Intelligent Talented Creative Honest

http://www.all-acronyms.com/cat/9/BITCH
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
? I'm guessing maybe you mean after W! B! ? I can't see any reason to not go for the B! first, would just be giving up damage otherwise. I'm heading in soon anyway, I'll see what I can see and edit this tonight
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Draakur
? I'm guessing maybe you mean after W! B! ? I can't see any reason to not go for the B! first, would just be giving up damage otherwise. I'm heading in soon anyway, I'll see what I can see and edit this tonight

There's a slight difference between W! and B!. Also, there's always those rare times when you do a juggle, it doesn't carry to the wall, so you B! and get something like d/f+3+4, dash b+2,1, d/b+4,2 (not sure on what gets Wang W! after B!) and then you get W!. I guess the main reason is that B! leaves them slightly lower than W!.

Not sure how it affects Wang though. I know Miguel's f+3,4 hits W! 100% but never WB!.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeh this is true. I think I just assumed that Catkitty had been staying in the context we were in, which was discussing strings that hit after W! B!. I guess she specified w! though, my bad.

Re. the actual strings, I COMPLETELY forgot to check this properly! Was having too much fun with yoshi, sorry Catkitty. I'll be playing again this week though. Unless anybody else can help have a look too?

+edit+

It's bad news I'm afraid...! Nothing fucking works with Wang

It feels like we're pretty stuck with unoriginal combos again. Anything with d/f+4,1 in it is inconsistent off axis or needs to be cut short, and everything else is full of b+2,1. Anyone who reads here knows my thoughts on that. But anyway, here's a list of stuff I've been trying, some ideas were just for damage and some were going for variety and damage at the same time. None of it works heh, but just to give an idea of how he feels on this side of things.

u/f+4, 4, 1+2 B!, d+3,4, f+1+2 (was going for old CH f,f+2 style thing)

u/f+4, 4, 4, b+2, 1+2 B! d+3,4 (can't get the second 4)

u/f+4, 4, 1+2 B! b+2, d/b+2,4,2 (can get close but haven't hit it once)

u/f+4, 4, 1+2 B!, b+2, d+4,4 (last hit won't connect, so d+4,1 won't land either)

u/f+4, 4, d/f+1,1 B! b+2, d+3,4 (can't even connect the d/f+1,1 after the 4...)

I'm obviously putting the 4 first for damage. Next round of experiments...

u/f+4, 1+2 B!, d/b+2,4, d/b+2,4,2_b+2,1,1+2 for 65_63 dmg

SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE, I WANT AT LEAST A FEW FUN COMBOS

Oh btw our u/f+4, d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1 B! qcf+1,1 (ie. our staple for damage) only does 64 dmg.

We might as well just do u/f+4, 4, slight dash 2, 1+2 B!, d+3,4 for 62 dmg. More consistent, don't have to worry about iffy d/f+1,1 hitbox and range, and more likely to work off axis. So there we go No style, but if you want reliable damage in lots of situations, this is a good way to go.

Last edited by Draakur on Jul 30th, 2008 at 04:01

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Woohoo!
Kyu
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Try u/f+4,4,DT,1,d/f+1,1 B!

It works, and it's very fun.

Can this work?: B! (dash) b+2,1, qcf+2

If the number of times you hit the enemy affect the time that they slump can W! b+2,1,1+2,d+3+4 work without the bound? I landed it a few times, I laughed when one of my opponents actually ate 5 of them. He quickstanded after the 1st one and another one landed on him, he actually ate the next 3 I sent out.

Last edited by Woohoo! on Jun 30th, 2008 at 00:07

Signature Death Fist Love.
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Definitely worth looking into; I'll try and check the details on this today Both 1+2 and d+3+4 do 24 dmg, so swapping the 1+2 B! before b+2,1,1+2, and replacing it with no B! but the d+3+4 at the end, should theoretically make little to no damage difference. What matters is the oki though, which would be far superior after the stomp, as you've found. So are you telling me that after the d+3+4, he tried to stand up right away, and the b+2,1,1+2 floated and wall splatted again, for another d+3+4 and oki reset...? If so this is some pretty brutal wall oki.

I was looking into something similar to this a little while ago but never came up with anything. Think I found that W!, 1+2 B!, b+2,1,1+2, d+3+4 didn't work, then tried W! 1+2 B!, b+2,1, d+3+4 would work, then found out it wouldn't and pretty much stopped there. This is good stuff though, I'll see what I can find today. Sorry I haven't looked into this earlier, it's hard covering an entire character almost on your own though. Any help you can provide with this would be good Woohoo!
Signature Draakur -RS-
------