Combo discussion

Page Splits 123>...28
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
This thread is dedicated to all discussion, questions/answers, timing, and so on involving combos.

Every Wang should combo hard.

Combo List Involving YOUR WANG Thread

Last edited by sithlord on Jan 26th, 2011 at 04:55

Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, super quick, super basic staples:

u/f+4

- d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1 B! qcf+1,1 = 64pts, damage + carry

- d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1 B! DT, d+2 = 59pts, oki

- d/f+4,1, 1, b+2,1,1+2 = 54pts, carry + B! saving

d+1+2

- U/F+4, b+2,1, d/f+1,1 B! qcf+1,1 = 72pts, damage + carry

- U/F+4, b+2,1, b+2,1<1+2 = 62pts, carry + B! saving

(these are based off me calculating that U/F+4 does 25 damage, can't remember or find the exact answer)

f,f+1+2

- d/b+2,4, 1, 1+2 B! dash d+3,4 = 61pts, damage

- d/b+2,4, d/b+2,4,2 = 53pts, B! saving + high splat

- d/b+2,4, 1, b+2,1,1+2 = 53pts, carry + B! saving

WM (d/f,d/f+2+4)

- d/b+4,2 (opp BT), 4, dash 2, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+2 = 88pts, damage

- d+1+2 (opp BT), U/F+4, b+2,1, b+2,1<1+2 = 72pts, carry + B! saving

CH 4

- dash b+2,1, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+1,1 = damage, carry

- dash b+2,1, b+2,1, 1+2 B! DT, d+2 = oki

CH ss+4

- cc, b+2,1, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+1,1 = damage, carry

Post B! Wall Combos

- 1, b+2,1, d+3 = FC oki on techroll

- 1, b+2,1,1+2 = damage

- 1, b+2,1, qcf+2 = damage, difficult

- 1, b+2,1, b+2 = oki on techroll

Last edited by Draakur on Oct 20th, 2008 at 09:39

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Brutal<Launch+>
Iron Fist God
PSN: noitulive
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
My guess is that these are gonna be the combos that may give that little bit more ooomph, although what Draakur had posted will most probably be the common platter that the user can dish out.

I suggest that Sithlord updates the viable juggles as we go on and edit them into the first post for easy reference? Just a suggestion.

Okay the following are just some thoughts on what could be possible combos, again feel free to TEST them out prior to any real matches.

d+1+2

U/F+4, d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1, B! qcf+2 (I'm not really sure if it will work. But the staple juggle from DR worked U/F+4, b+2,1, b+2,1 qcf+2, so distance-wise, it should flow. Besides! This new staple is a half life juggle)

U/F+4, b+2,1, b+2,1,1+2 (Definitely works well)

U/F+4, d/f+4,1, 1, qcf+1,1, d/b+3 (Theory fighting here. Correct me if I'm wrong )

u/f+4

d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1, B! qcf+2 (As demonstrated by the joybox vids so far. And by far the only juggle that seems to warrant a real damage.)

d/b+2,4, d/b+2,4,2 (My guess is that it'll work! May not too. Will test on this )

CH f,f+2

d+4,1, b+2,1, b+2,1,1+2 (This move should work if the opponent chooses to stand up immediately. Will test on this but the knock down from f,f+2 kinda swings the enemy to the right side of Wang, so... it is more of a mix up with a regular d/b+3.)

CH f,f+1+2

f,f, d/f+4,1, 1, d/f+1,1 B! qcf+2 (A crumple back stun after the CH hits but I'm not entirely sure if a juggle can lift off from there, but just suggesting everyone to keep a look out.)

d/f+1,1, B! qcf+2 (In case the set above doesn't work in matters of distance, perhaps we can still get something out of the stun?)

Okay that's it for the time being, have to get back to work amidst skiving on TZ. Anyhow, will post more suggestions as well as allow some ideas from everyone else to test on Sunday. Til then, toodle!

Jac
Signature The Travelling Tekkener!!! I might drop by your country soon!
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Yep Arcadia suggested launch, d/b+2,4, d/b+2,4,2, so that definitely works.

I'd love to see our T6 juggles combining both some of his new strings (d/f+4,1, f+4,1+2, d/f+1,1 etc) mixed in with some old stuff (d+3,4, d/b+4,2 etc) Would like to find that his solid juggles actually look good this time around.

Just random ideas off the top of my head, I'm mostly thinking about early B! juggles at the moment so that we've got more time post B! for our strings, and because I know I'll get bored of juggles consisting of a bunch of hits then B! -> deathfist...

u/f+4

- 4, dash b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+1,1
- d/b+2,4, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+2
- f+4,1+2, 1+2 B! b+2,1,1+2
- 2,3, 1+2 B! d/b+2,4,2
- 1+2_d/f+1,1 B! b+2,1, d+3,4_d/b+4,2
- d/f+4,1, d/f+1,1 B! iWS+2,2,2

Various questions;

- can f+4 be used as a single float hit? Ie. launch, 4, f+4, 1, 1+2 B! etc..
- just how far does f+4,1+2 hit away in juggles? I've listed a B! move immediately after it above on the basis that it might knock away too far for much more juggle
- any ways to use DT stylishly?
- any new hit affects in the air for our old moves?
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brutal<Launch+>
I suggest that Sithlord updates the viable juggles as we go on and edit them into the first post for easy reference? Just a suggestion.

Jac

done.

Tis all good. keep 'em comin' gents.

HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Confirmed f,f+1+2, d/b+2,4, f+1, 1+2 B! d/b+4,2 on normals

Also u/f+4, 4, dash b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+1,1_d/b+4,2 for 40-45%

+edit+ CH f,f+2 followup d/f+1+2 found to not be guaranteed (my bad)

Last edited by Draakur on Feb 7th, 2008 at 05:00

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
About time I got some combos.

I've been thinking....as I (or Draakur/Brutal) add combos to the list, I was wondering if I should just end the combo with the (B); and add a seperate BOUND listing for his (B) options. What do you Wang lovers think?

I'll add these later Draakur.

I need more. MORE. TESTING. TESTING. TESTING.........
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Looks like just about anywhere you can fit d/b+4,2 as a post B!, you can fit d+4,4 instead which looks rather cool. Everyone else seems to be doing the separate post B! section for their juggle lists sithlord, but not sure I'd do it myself, the distance at which the B! takes place does seem to influence how viable certain enders are. For now though you might as well do it for the sake of ease, could be that they can all be done with the right dash anyway.

I got some CH f,f+2 action again today, and suddenly I'm finding the opp too far off axis to the right to hit the d/f+1+2. This was on Craig too yesterday it seemed fine, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the range at which the f,f+2 hits, or something. I didn't think to try to just realign a tad and then do the d/f+1+2, which could possibly do the job. Anyway for now, I'll have to retract the combo, it's obviously not as straight forward as I'd thought.

Struggling getting interesting juggles happening here, the second hit of d/b+2,4 hits way too low for this two hit to be used in juggles really, and b+2,1 obviously fits everywhere like before but I've had a couple of years of watching that and I don't plan to continue if I can avoid it. Seems like d/f+4,1 fits alright, but not more than once in a juggle. New hits like f,f+1+2 and f+4,1+2 knock away too far. No point in trying stuff like d/f+3 etc. Hrm. I've still got a few ideas up my sleeve though. Next juggle to try: u/f+4, d/b+2, b+2,1, d/f+1,1 B! etc

If we can get a DT post B!, then jab to sort of reset things, we'll be able to milk a bit more damage (and wall carry) out of all this. I'm thinkin B!, DT->
d/b+4,2_d+3,4_b+2,1,1+2

Also would like to see if I can B! then deep dash d+3,4, f+1+2 ala styley DR CH f,f+2 juggle heh.

Oh and I'll try post B! d/f+4,1 into whatever else.

I'll see how I go

Last edited by Draakur on Feb 8th, 2008 at 03:15

Signature Draakur -RS-
------
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
PSN: FROZINC
XBL: |I^LOVE^KS|
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice one Draaker!! Keep on going!!

Find out the ff+1+2 Ch, db+2,4,db+2,4,2 is staple... and in between the half way of the juggle try out f+1+4... I got the hit one quickstander, tech roll 9/10... It will not hit if they back roll

One question.. df+1,1 or 1+2 more damaging?

opps... and one more question, After launcher on BT what juggle is the most damaging? the old DR's juggle which end with f+1+2?
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Haven't been able to get B! d/f+4,1, the 1 always whiffs, but there may be enough time there to deathfist or whatever else. Got B! DT, f+1, deathfist, gonna see if we can get d/b+4,2 or whatever else after it. Maybe even dash b+2,1,1+2?
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Brutal<Launch+>
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Pressure the opponent enough to do a f+1+4. Last weekend, frozen and I did some intensive mirror matching and I noticed a lot of viabilities in his game.

Juggle, wallsplat with d/b+2,4,2, f+1+4 within range. Normally, if the opponent isn't paying attention, it will get him. Bleagh. I took the blunt of that rape from Frozen. Finish up with whatever wall combo you wanna dish out.

CONFIRMED : 1~1,1, d+1+2 is confirmed when the opponent doesn't tech. If he does techroll, even f,f,+1+2 won't work.

sithlord: Agreed with the breaking up of combos into W! and B!. Should make things a little more generic and should be able to refer easily.

Another B! idea, why don't we try WS+1 after that? I'm not sure but it seems viable?

Jac
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Anything after 1~1,1 will not be hit if they tech roll.. Trying out the qcf~WM after it...
We need more mix-ups for this....

Yep, f+1+4 is good... but opp can sidestep.. any even reverse... lol.. But for catcting tech rolls are darn deadly...
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brutal<Launch+>
Pressure the opponent enough to do a f+1+4. Last weekend, frozen and I did some intensive mirror matching and I noticed a lot of viabilities in his game.

Juggle, wallsplat with d/b+2,4,2, f+1+4 within range. Normally, if the opponent isn't paying attention, it will get him. Bleagh. I took the blunt of that rape from Frozen. Finish up with whatever wall combo you wanna dish out.

Cool I'll have to look out for this. On T6 the damage potential off f+1+4 would be pretty absurd...

CONFIRMED : 1~1,1, d+1+2 is confirmed when the opponent doesn't tech. If he does techroll, even f,f,+1+2 won't work.

Ya 1~1,1 into unteched d+1+2 has been confirmed for awhile now
Another B! idea, why don't we try WS+1 after that? I'm not sure but it seems viable?

Check a few posts up, I've got it listed as qcf+1,1 at the end of my staple juggle as opposed to iWS 1,1 (since it doesn't really require an iWS heh), sorry just differences in notation understanding, but yeh that's what I meant It certainly does hit as a post B! ender yup. Or were you talking about just a ws+1 into more hits post B!...? I get the feeling that wouldn't work if that's what you meant, ws+1 lags quite a bit of the string isn't completed.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Brutal<Launch+>
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Draakur: I was suggesting only ws+1, but thinking about it, you maybe right about it not working. Will try anyway.

Jac
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeh fair enough, it's worth a shot, would be nice if we found this to be a good post B! float for more stuff.

I just saw the recent Wang on joybox do wall B!, 1, b+2,1, deathfist! It looked pretty guaranteed too. I'd say the deathfist does more damage than the last hit of b+2,1,1+2, and with the extra jab there, this def looks like better damage overall. I also so him do 1, b+2,1, d+3 which looked guaranteed, for wakes after the tech...

Oh and low parry, d/f+2, 1, b+2,1, 1+2 B!

I'm wondering if we can do better with d/f+4,1, f+1, d/f+1,1 like our staple juggle off hopkick?
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Saotome Kaneda
Warrior
PSN: tko910
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Firstly, I hope you guys saw this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhVEiyN5Gk

Second, some things:
f+2, deathfist is guaranteed. depending on how far you hit them from you may need to fully crouchdash at them. No more df+1+2 tho, as they can tech right when it should hit.

On walled stages
if your opp is a good combo's length away from the wall(or you're starting on mystical forest lol), doing b21, b21,1+2 W! works too well for pre-bound wall carrying. You'll usually have time to run up and bound with df+1,1 or 1+2 for free into wall juice.

Wang can't seem to bound off BT heavy wallsplat(from WM or backthrow).
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeh I've accidentally nailed people a few times with f+2 and noticed that it hasn't been instant backrolled out of - do you happen to know if that's the case with all violent knockdowns now Saotome? Either way this is good, pretty big damage I would think. This almost makes f+2 our whiff punisher of choice now!

(I'll address the WM infinite in the main thread)
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Saotome Kaneda
Warrior
PSN: tko910
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
No, certain violent KDs are still backrollable out of (machbreaker is still the same) but others have new anis(A King's f2,1 flipover stun) that you can tell are inescapable.

I had some other shit but I can't remember now. Oh well.
lilijunomaximo
Shihan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
again...

is this a safe launcher? = d+4,2

sometimes its not blockable if you dont press back many times.

and is his Heaven's Cannon, like Julia's unblockable, a safe

launcher? please explain if not...(besides its slow but powerful execution...)
Signature "Mataray ako! Walang aangal ah!"

"Kapal! Gaga! Mas malakas ako!"

"Mga boba! Mas sexy ako! Hindi tulad ng mga iba diyan!"
=(Wang)=Frozen
Dragon Lord
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lilijunomaximo
again...

is this a safe launcher? = d+4,2

sometimes its not blockable if you dont press back many times.

and is his Heaven's Cannon, like Julia's unblockable, a safe

launcher? please explain if not...(besides its slow but powerful execution...)

You mean d+4,1? It is not the safe tho... Second hit whiff= any moves hit.. lolx.. But i think so far i use it only 1,2 and mishmas 1,1,2 can punish.. And one more think db+3 on blk is so not punishable!! but you must make wang into a neutral first.. ^^,
And for the Heaven's Cannon, One thing sure can counter it and that's SS
Signature
<CHAOS> RETRO
(CHAOS) FTW! |☆~|