Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Jaytech
Trophy Whore
PSN: Jaytech3
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
what is rage?

rage is a new system introduced in tekken 6, which is integrated to make the gameplay more exciting and balanced.

how does it work?

after the character's health bar drops below a specific point, which is 5% health, rage is activated. you can see that your or the opp.'s character is in rage mode, when their moves are accompanied by red lighting effects (like red shadows). from this point all moves do more damage than usual (around CH damage - still not completely clear). exceptions are throws, wall hits, floor breaks etc., which will do normal damage.

can rage be manually initiated by the player?

no, unless you stand still and get your ass kicked.

can rage mode be stopped by the player?

generally no. you will stay in rage mode until you are KO. however, it is supposed that you can exit rage mode manually by healing with yoshi or drinking with lei (still has to be confirmed!).

why red effects?

in the beta version of the game rage was indicated by burning hands, which really looked ugly and dumb. namco changed that and chose the color of fury, hatred and rage.

can both characters be in rage mode at the same time?

yes, they can.

is there an option to turn rage off?

so far known not in the arcade version of the game. we will see if the upcoming ps3 version this year provides an option to get rid of the system.

Last edited by Jaytech on Feb 11th, 2008 at 05:12

Signature still lurking...
Jaytech
Trophy Whore
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
additions?
Demonitzu
Europe Match Finder
PSN: Demonitzu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Yoshi can manually enter Rage Mode with self-damaging moves. And I believe he can also exit Rage Mode by healing himself.
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not sure if it's true but I think you can customise the colour of your rage trail as I've seen videos of Anna (and other characters) with black trails.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
DrAg0nBoY
1st Dan
PSN: Lil_Boy
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shotokan
I'm not sure if it's true but I think you can customise the colour of your rage trail as I've seen videos of Anna (and other characters) with black trails.

And white also. I think I saw it on Steve.
insomnotek
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
has it been tested and confirmed that you can EXIT rage mode if you heal yourself (yoshis meditation and probably leis drunken drink move)? i havent seen it yet. vids?

the only worthwhile thing rage introduces into tekken is the idea of tactically finishing off your opponent. would you cut down the juggle so they do not get rage? would you continue finishing the juggle even though you know it would give them the fire hands?
(hypotheticals, dont answer.)

def see a decline in d/f+4 poking to kill i would assume.

i wonder how much this will effect the coming tournaments.
Jaguar King
Banned By Mod
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought in the latest T6 revision rage activates with 5% of life left, instead of 10% as in the previous version...right?
Signature "Victory is 10% inspiration, 90% decapitation."
Stridajin
Okinawa Champ.......
PSN: StridaJin82
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes it activates at 5%

the rage colors are Red (default) then Black then White. Which you have to win the treasure chest from roulettes.
Signature "Assumption" is the Mother of all Fuckups.

Whoring d+4 since day 1!
"Never rely on anyone else but yourself"
Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
5% rage was a good idea, still wish they didnt advertise it so much that they have to keep it in the game though...
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

Jaytech
Trophy Whore
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
updated. thanks guys for the infos.

if you think there should be more included, lemme know.
masamune blade
Inactive
PSN: MasamuneKuma
XBL: IntiIntiKuma
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
a few facts that need to be determined.

does anyone know how much more damage rage allows you to do?

its not double, thats for sure... +25%? +33%? (counter hit damage isnt a specific amount this may be similar)

does rage affect all moves including throws? (enraged giant swing into the wall!!)

does rage only affect damage caused directly by the character who is enraged, or all damage received by the opponent of the enraged character? (example, self inflicted or wall hits)

and does rage increase self inflicted damage by enraged character? (most self inflicted damage would kill enraged character already lol)

~~~

the idea of rage is ok, but the fact that there is a rage explosion when you are near death is just silly.

and namco advertise it like its some innovative feature that separates t6 from all previous versions and drastically changes the way the game is played.

although it will change the way people approach finishing someone off, you may wanna think twice about overusing d+4 and jabs if they aren't gonna kill.

Last edited by masamune blade on Jan 28th, 2008 at 06:02

Zakuta
Jet
PSN: Zakuta
XBL: Zakuta
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Rage only effects attack damage - throws, wall hits, floor breaks, etc. all do normal damage during the condition of rage.

And from the looks of things, a raged character doesn't take extra damage - because that'd just mean that their opponent is quasi-raged.
Signature LV9 - Ruiner of Drawthreads
Originally posted by FunkyDawg76 - You spelled Catsel's name wrong n00b.
Chunkis: am gonna spank manz on road
masamune blade
Inactive
PSN: MasamuneKuma
XBL: IntiIntiKuma
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah they wouldnt take more damage but i said if its self inflicted ie, yoshi spinning or paul landing on his face.
Zakuta
Jet
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I would be surprised if they didn't. I guess we'll have to wait until we get an answer from our friends in Japan!
Jetfire
Banned By Mod
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
it appears to be the same damage if, for example , yoshis spin evade move is done. the character in rage mode ONLY does more damage with attacking moves. be extra careful against DV, Kuma, Miguel, Paul, Dragonuv and Wang.

Im suprised you guys havent received the game yet. On the minus side T6 does experience some slow down. totally inexcusable for a PS3 powered game.
Signature Recognize and realize !!
Zakuta
Jet
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jetfire
it appears to be the same damage if, for example , yoshis spin evade move is done. the character in rage mode ONLY does more damage with attacking moves. be extra careful against DV, Kuma, Miguel, Paul, Dragonuv and Wang.

Im suprised you guys havent received the game yet. On the minus side T6 does experience some slow down. totally inexcusable for a PS3 powered game.

Most of the slowdown we got was at the character select screen :p
Mach-godfist
One Last Run
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
slowdown happens usually after a challenger comes, and at the char select screen..

rage leads to instant death combos
Signature I am not impressed with your performance, and I look forward to seeing you in the near future. - Georges "Rush" St-Pierre
Dreamkiller
Death Becomes You
PSN: Maxx Dreamkiller
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Rage does not mean whoever isn't in rage is going to die.
Besides it's better now than it was two months ago.
Signature Originally posted by Sushi-Man
Tekken players are emo
the end.
Jaytech
Trophy Whore
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Rage does not mean whoever isn't in rage is going to die.

right, but only in theory,lol.
Goddimus
Sage
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
It's an interesting concept but I am not sure I like it. Hopefully the PS3 mode will have an option to turn it off, unless Namco is really pushing for it to be a part of the game play.