Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JFK[satZ]
Vargas if you hit with f,f+4 just do d/b+4,2 directly and the second hit will hit grounded and you get a normal juggle if they quickstand. I am not sure but I don't think you can avoid it with sideroll (and if you can it is probably only to one side). IIRC the only thing that dodges it is Tag Crash.

Regarding 2~b:

Use it when you have a worse position compared to you opponent. In most cases when your back is against the wall. So you have a quick move that switches sides on hit.

/ JFK

Yep I use to do it that way, but I felt the dash up gives your opponent an extra second to think about moving, and feel he might be safe before you do d,b+4,2 , and then you hit completely. Both are really good though :-).

As for 2~b - I agree the move is equally as useless. Sure if you want to use it as a quick punish and position change it works. You are better off doing a WM though. If it isn't broken you are getting a lot of damage off the wall. If it is broken you still get the position change.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
bodi langwij
5th Dan
XBL: bodi langwij
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the opinions on 2~b. Recently I've been having fun (key word here is fun, not perfect success) using 2~b into a mixup game depending on their reaction to being BT'd. Good to know nobody else has seen any high level potential in it.

Also, a question about the guide. I noticed d+4,1 mentioned as a CH launcher only once in the lows to use. It is also tag-bufferable (which can be discovered anyway but could be beneficial to note for red life) and lacks a section in the combos.

Does anyone know any staples for a CH d+4,1 launch?
Signature Team WangRyu
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bodi langwij
Thanks for the opinions on 2~b. Recently I've been having fun (key word here is fun, not perfect success) using 2~b into a mixup game depending on their reaction to being BT'd. Good to know nobody else has seen any high level potential in it.

Also, a question about the guide. I noticed d+4,1 mentioned as a CH launcher only once in the lows to use. It is also tag-bufferable (which can be discovered anyway but could be beneficial to note for red life) and lacks a section in the combos.

Does anyone know any staples for a CH d+4,1 launch?

My staple is d,f+4,1 , f+1 , 1+2

How you finish the bound is up to you whether you want damage with a death fist, or d+2 for oki options.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
bodi langwij
5th Dan
XBL: bodi langwij
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by VargasTheSick
My staple is d,f+4,1 , f+1 , 1+2

How you finish the bound is up to you whether you want damage with a death fist, or d+2 for oki options.

That's gold! Great for both CH d+4,1 AND f,f+3,4. Fantastic.

Sorry to keep asking questions but this is great to have more experienced and knowledgeable Wangsters...

Is it known what makes a deathfist clean or not? The damage is different enough to warrant practicing making it clean every time if it can be affected. Is there anything in particular that affects "clean" status?
Signature Team WangRyu
y2kooij
7th Dan
PSN: makehp150
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
very easy to get clean.. just let him crouch dash deeper before you press right punch.. in other words dont do the deathfist fast.. the best i can describe in words is go go deep with it.. let the crouch dash motion go deep as you can before pressing the 2.. its very simple
Signature i go hard in the paint
Xiao Bao Cai
1st Dan
PSN: n/a
XBL: n/a
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
nvm, found it..

Last edited by Xiao Bao Cai on Apr 18th, 2014 at 00:54

Signature
EXperimental
Kyu
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
The one and only Wang .
Amazing job. wish every character had a guide like that. Thanks so much for the guide mylvis. anyway is there any printable version or word doc of it. it doesnt fit that goot do paper when printed and my pdf to pord converter isn't doing anything for that pdf file.
enko
Lone Wolf
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
Does a wang player already won a t5/t6 or tekken tag 2 tournament?
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
What the properties of Wangs b1 parry? What moves he can punish.. i mean like if the move is like -5 what can he get from it?

1?
2?
3?
4?

^those were the moves after the parry.. thnx
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
Block punishment isn't really relevant for Wang's parry. Though it's true that most moves that are launch punishable can be launched by his 3, there are a lot of moves that are +frames on block that he can still launch (e.g. slash kicks, Drag ff+3, Bryan b+1).

The best things to look at are whether the move is especially bad on whiff or has a lot of blockstun for both characters. You'll soon get a feel for what you can do with it.

Luckily, there's isn't really a huge downside to attempting a 3 followup. It isn't that bad on block and has pretty big pushback on block anyway. If in doubt, go for a 2. Or go for a 1 and try a dash d+3+4 for oki (if they stand up you get a guaranteed hopkick).
AIBO
Champion
PSN: kogetsu1
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi,

Anyone know where I can find this guide. The links are no longer working.

Thanks