Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#501 “Quote” Edit Post
Erroneous deduction, "Quote" wasn't "Edit".

Last edited by EpicStoffer on Sep 8th, 2013 at 13:38

Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#502 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DublBeastEX
Will replacing "RFF f+3" with "u+3" work?

It should yes. One variation I do is:
ETGF, EWHF, 1,3~3 TA!
SSR RFF 3~4~f f+3,4
f,f+2 _ d+2 _ CD EWHF _ b+2,1

Getting the electric both times at the beginning is the only hard part really but luckily the non-electric version works too.
LegendaryDJ
4th Dan
PSN: LegendaryDJ
#503 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick question on long wall carries into TA! combos and forgive me if this has been addressed before.

Say you get a launch and carry them with something like 3,3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, uf 3+4,4 w! 4,4,3 TA!

My tag partner is Jin and his normal db2,2,3 doesn't fit the bill in this case. The opponent techs before the 3 in the string hits. I'm still fairly new to Tekken so I'm not sure about all the intricacies in how the combos work, but I assume it's just because there's too many hits that's happened before the bound. In any case, I need to find something else to use for his part.

My question is this. What types of strings should I be looking for? Can a 3-hit string work if it connects fast enough? Does it matter if the string is a natural combo or not? Is there any special rule on stances and how they factor into the combo?

I guess a more direct question to ask is what's the most damage tag filler Jin has at the wall that connects after a long combo, but I'd still like to know more about how Tekken's combo system works in general for future reference. Losing games from not realizing a better thing to go to in a situation like this isn't a good look.

Do other tag partners with Hwo go through this too?
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#504 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LegendaryDJ
Quick question on long wall carries into TA! combos and forgive me if this has been addressed before.

Say you get a launch and carry them with something like 3,3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, f, lfs 3, uf 3+4,4 w! 4,4,3 TA!

My tag partner is Jin and his normal db2,2,3 doesn't fit the bill in this case. The opponent techs before the 3 in the string hits. I'm still fairly new to Tekken so I'm not sure about all the intricacies in how the combos work, but I assume it's just because there's too many hits that's happened before the bound. In any case, I need to find something else to use for his part.

My question is this. What types of strings should I be looking for? Can a 3-hit string work if it connects fast enough? Does it matter if the string is a natural combo or not? Is there any special rule on stances and how they factor into the combo?

I guess a more direct question to ask is what's the most damage tag filler Jin has at the wall that connects after a long combo, but I'd still like to know more about how Tekken's combo system works in general for future reference. Losing games from not realizing a better thing to go to in a situation like this isn't a good look.

Do other tag partners with Hwo go through this too?

It is because you bound with 4,4,3 (3 hit-bound move). If you do RFF f,f+3, WR 3, RFF b+2 etc (1 hit-bound move) you will be able to connect Jin's d/b+2,2,3 as a TA.

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
LegendaryDJ
4th Dan
#505 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh, I didn't even think about going into RFF for the 1 hit bounds. That makes sense. Thank you.
justinong65
War Lord
#506 “Quote” Edit Post
I'been testing hwoarang to pair with all mishima including jin

But I think Kaz is his best pair if your looking for a great dmg

with hwoa df+2 launcher he can deal with a dmg of 90 and it is very staple
df+2,f+2,f+3,3f,F df+3 Bound
sidestep left Kaz cd1
hwoa HH
a very staple combo 90 dmg

are there more damaging combo than this? it has got to be staple and hwoa will use df+2 launcher
you can use any other mishima
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)

At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#507 “Quote” Edit Post
Paul CH qcb+4 qcf+1~5 Hwo 2,4,2 RFF f,f+3 TA Paul f,f+3,4,4 Hwo deep dash df+3+4
I can't connect this combo,the last hit
Could somebody try this out?
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#508 “Quote” Edit Post
Did you try using wr3 at the end instead of df+1+2? Its a little less damage but should be easier to connect.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#509 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
Did you try using wr3 at the end instead of df+1+2? Its a little less damage but should be easier to connect.

wr3 does connect but I did want the df+3+4 for the damage
though if i use Paul SSL WS+3,2 as filler i can connect dash df+3+4
but WS+3,2 does not do as much damage as f,f+3,4,4
Signature

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#510 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
Paul CH qcb+4 qcf+1~5 Hwo 2,4,2 RFF f,f+3 TA Paul f,f+3,4,4 Hwo deep dash df+3+4
Could somebody try this out? [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't 4,4,3 give more damage, allowing for the same to be done after the B! as it would after 2,4,2, ff+3 B! ?
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#511 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EpicStoffer
Originally posted by sspaajms120
Could somebody try this out?

Wouldn't 4,4,3 give more damage, allowing for the same to be done after the B! as it would after 2,4,2, ff+3 B! ? [/QUOTE]

delay the qcf1~5 a tiny bit before you do it. Then do a small ssl before the ff3,4,4. With ff344 as your TA you dont get control for a little while. Then you have to RUN to get the df3+4... The damage is 110.

Also you can do something like dash JFSR for wall carry (you could probably get more than that but I dont play either of these characters)

Hope it helps
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#512 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EpicStoffer
Wouldn't 4,4,3 give more damage, allowing for the same to be done after the B! as it would after 2,4,2, ff+3 B! ?

4,4,3 seems to be pushing hwo back some bit
Originally posted by Galen
delay the qcf1~5 a tiny bit before you do it. Then do a small ssl before the ff3,4,4. With ff344 as your TA you dont get control for a little while. Then you have to RUN to get the df3+4... The damage is 110.

Also you can do something like dash JFSR for wall carry (you could probably get more than that but I dont play either of these characters)

Hope it helps

thanks,i was kinda running in but i guess i didn't run in far enough
though doing a deep SSL to uf+3,4 as paul allows the df+3+4 to be connected easily,dealing 107 dmg
i'll try the run df+3+4 after f,f+3,4,4 though
Signature

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#513 “Quote” Edit Post
I actually have similar issues with 4,4,3, its pretty finnicky on certain TAs. Looks ugly too :/ But it is max damage if you can link it.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#514 “Quote” Edit Post
Stiffer, the one with ssl ff344 is only 110 damage so the easy one is probably the better one

I'll try the max damage option too
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#515 “Quote” Edit Post
CH qcb4 ssl qcf15 4435 slight dash ff344 deep dash df3+4

115 and pretty easy and consistent
LegendaryDJ
4th Dan
#516 “Quote” Edit Post
What're some good, consistent, high damage juggles for back turned opponents?

Saw in a vid that
3,3,4, rfs 1, 124, rfs2, rff ff+3 B! is good and in that vid he did the unblockable as an oki set up against the guy in the corner, but that can be side rolled mid screen. What else is there?
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#517 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it was Akon from France who did post TA! dash to 2,3, LFL uf+3+4 to try to get a wallsplat instead of using uf+3,4,3 at Final Round 17 this weekend. It looks really good, a 3-hit post TA! filler to try to get a wall.

A European with great combos?
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#518 “Quote” Edit Post
I use that all the time (though jabs into a LFS b+3 is better depending on the situation) And yeah Ivoiro is good, he was good in BR, thats old news.

In fact the thing I would criticise (as far as his juggles) is that he probably did HH way too much, there was a lot of juggles where he lost wall damage because of that.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
The Jin Kazama
Champion
#519 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't see many ending with f+4, RFS b+4 for some reason. Granted it doesn't get a high wall splat but the wall carry is huge with good damage. Am I missing something? As I use this extensively in walled stages, ending with a 4,4,3 spike at the wall.
Signature
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#520 “Quote” Edit Post
Thing is... if you can do f+4, RFS b+4, why not just do ssr RFF 3~4~f, RFS b+4? It should always hit (provided you have enough time for raw f+4 to hit) and does more damage...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"