TTT2 Hwoarang Q&A Thread

Page Splits 1...<3637383940>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#741 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
ws+4,4 is +2 on hit so yes your opponents d+1 (10f) will beat your RFF df+4 (13f)


do you think it's better to use WS4 for better frame advantage.?
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1078
From: China
PSN: cacacarmen
#742 “Quote” Edit Post
You can be duck jab out but you can also bait duck jab... ws+4,4 sidestep, ws+4,4 u+3+4, ws+4,4 u+4, ws+4,4 RFF ff+3... etc....

ws+4 alone is actually very good and gets overlooked. Try stuff like ws+4 and throw, it catches people off guard a lot since they get used to ws+4,4.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#743 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
You can be duck jab out but you can also bait duck jab... ws+4,4 sidestep, ws+4,4 u+3+4, ws+4,4 u+4, ws+4,4 RFF ff+3... etc....

ws+4 alone is actually very good and gets overlooked. Try stuff like ws+4 and throw, it catches people off guard a lot since they get used to ws+4,4.


yeah after ws 44, i use HH in case my opponent duck jab. but the problem if they use jab I'll be floating

WS+4 ang throw I like that
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
Bopper
Iron Fist God
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2056
From: Sweden
PSN: MAGUNITO
#744 “Quote” Edit Post
Just SS and b+3 if they d+1.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#745 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Just SS and b+3 if they d+1.


thanks I guess that another good option for me
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
Lost Focus
Kyu
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
From: USA Texas
#746 “Quote” Edit Post
Is lff f+3 sidestep the same startup as a regular sidestep? I know hwo used to have a nice triple sidestep back in TTT, but i've been messing around with triple ss and managed to get some bt juggles in a few matches and might consider using it even more.

On a side note, found out how good df+1+2 is for zafinas mantis and lings aop small hitbox. I'm spamming this alot to avoid random mid crush shenanigans when i'm pressuring.
Signature
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#747 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
Bopper
Iron Fist God
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2056
From: Sweden
PSN: MAGUNITO
#748 “Quote” Edit Post
You can hold down after getting hit by the CH RFF b+3 (makes you fall down) and avoid the f,f+4. He also tried to tag after getting hit by f,f+4, its possible you can block or interrupt the b+3, not 100% sure tho.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#749 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
You can hold down after getting hit by the CH RFF b+3 (makes you fall down) and avoid the f,f+4. He also tried to tag after getting hit by f,f+4, its possible you can block or interrupt the b+3, not 100% sure tho.


what if your opponent failed to hold down?
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
Bopper
Iron Fist God
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2056
From: Sweden
PSN: MAGUNITO
#750 “Quote” Edit Post
If they dont hold down you can get a free JFSR iirc.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1078
From: China
PSN: cacacarmen
#751 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lost Focus
Is lff f+3 sidestep the same startup as a regular sidestep? I know hwo used to have a nice triple sidestep back in TTT, but i've been messing around with triple ss and managed to get some bt juggles in a few matches and might consider using it even more.

On a side note, found out how good df+1+2 is for zafinas mantis and lings aop small hitbox. I'm spamming this alot to avoid random mid crush shenanigans when i'm pressuring.


df+1+2 is just a good move period. Its actually better than df+1 in the open on hit, since it pulls you right into the opponent. So you can do stuff like df+1+2 and then do an unsteppable throw, or f+2 for more pressure or db+4 (which will stuff normal hopkicks during thier startup).

That said for Mantis or AOP I would still use uf+3+4 over df+1+2 due to the range.

As for getting hit by ff+4, its a guessing game between the 4 string (which the opponent must duck) or a mid (like b+3). I think i14 mids might always be guaranteed... Foxsteve tested this out in the forums (search the archives)
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
EY035
Kyu
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6
From: United States
PSN: WASHYOUNG
#752 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm about to pick up Hwoarang really soon here. I just want to know what I should focus on as a beginning Hwoarang player and how to learn him as fast as possible..... For God's sake the man has 176 moves. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! ^_^
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#753 “Quote” Edit Post
does hwoarang have RFS low crush?
rfs b,4 is the only move i can think
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1078
From: China
PSN: cacacarmen
#754 “Quote” Edit Post
RFS3 is a very , very fast low crush. RFS b+4 is very, very slow, if it low crushes it must be so late that it isn't even worth mentioning.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#755 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
RFS3 is a very , very fast low crush. RFS b+4 is very, very slow, if it low crushes it must be so late that it isn't even worth mentioning.


RFS 3 is a high move right?
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
reynos7
5th Dan
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
From: Spain
PSN: Reynos7
#756 “Quote” Edit Post
Which caracters are good to pair Hwoarang with? I don't want to pair him with Jin, steve, baek or mishima. Are capos any good with him? I'm searching for good damaging combos basically.
Signature
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1080
From: Denmark
#757 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by reynos7
Hwoarang teams?

Well, with Bryan he can get 98dmg from a safe 14f launcher

fb2~5 ff4 BT2 WS3 TA! (Bryan) SSR b2,1,4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 98dmg

JFSR RFF3~4 4,4,3 TA! (Bryan) SSR QCB2,4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 115dmg

But their combos on Bryan's side are weak (He can't end with anything good after TA! uf3,4,3)

Lars works great with Hwoarang
Easy damage overall

Bob(any) is a great addition to Hwoarang as his WS3,3+4 does alot of damage and recovers quickly allowing uf3,4,3 ender (JFSR RFF3~4 4,4,3 TA! (Bob) WS3,3+4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 etc)

They also have good combos on Bob's end
cd2 bb2+3 TA! (Hwoarang) SSR RFF3~4 (Bob) cd1 db2 d2,3 b1+2 122dmg (Max cd2 damage with all characters) b1+2 gives oki and can be done after TA! uf3,4,3

Other than that there is:
Leo, Lee, Jack(walldamage doe), capo, Miguel, Lei, Law(any, tho Forest is the better pick)
Expirement for yourself and find the one you like the most.
Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1078
From: China
PSN: cacacarmen
#758 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by justinong65
RFS 3 is a high move right?


Yes it is a high. But AFAIK (I could be wrong as I'm going off memory here), if you do db+4~f, and your opponent immediately duck jabs and you crush thier jab with RFS3, you have enough frame advantage that LFS3 is uninterruptable (however nothing is guaranteed)... so its a pretty important move to remember for at least this one situation.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
justinong65
War Lord
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 744
From: Philippines
#759 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey
I noticed about hwoarang d+3,4,4 and df+3,4,4 if your opponent ducks the 2nd string it is only punishable by WS4 I tied jin WS2 I could not punish it?

In T6 if i remember correctly if the 2nd hit is ducked you can punish it with jin WS+2
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)


At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
reynos7
5th Dan
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 56
From: Spain
PSN: Reynos7
#760 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MacNuzz
Well, with Bryan he can get 98dmg from a safe 14f launcher

fb2~5 ff4 BT2 WS3 TA! (Bryan) SSR b2,1,4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 98dmg

JFSR RFF3~4 4,4,3 TA! (Bryan) SSR QCB2,4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 115dmg

But their combos on Bryan's side are weak (He can't end with anything good after TA! uf3,4,3)

Lars works great with Hwoarang
Easy damage overall

Bob(any) is a great addition to Hwoarang as his WS3,3+4 does alot of damage and recovers quickly allowing uf3,4,3 ender (JFSR RFF3~4 4,4,3 TA! (Bob) WS3,3+4 (Hwoarang) uf3,4,3 etc)

They also have good combos on Bob's end
cd2 bb2+3 TA! (Hwoarang) SSR RFF3~4 (Bob) cd1 db2 d2,3 b1+2 122dmg (Max cd2 damage with all characters) b1+2 gives oki and can be done after TA! uf3,4,3

Other than that there is:
Leo, Lee, Jack(walldamage doe), capo, Miguel, Lei, Law(any, tho Forest is the better pick)
Expirement for yourself and find the one you like the most.


At least I decided to give a go with Bob and I like him a lot, easy open ground combos and damaging, but at the wall I don't know what to do.
With hwoarang lead I do Hwo W! RFF ff+3 TA! Bob Ws,3,3+4 Hwo d+3+4,3 But It does not hit grounded so it's poor damage. And Bob leading I don't know what to do either. Seems that it's hard to setup the low wall hit with them. Some suggestions at the wall?
Signature

 All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25

Page Splits 1...<3637383940>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump