Iron Fist God
PSN: dg4073
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Just EWGF.
bacon's extra
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: Farice123
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
okay, this makes no sense. I consider myself a hardcore mishima player, not because im so awesome with them its just i like them the most so i practice with them.

anyways, i can do ch d/f+2~EWGF's, i get it off now about 1 out of every 5 to 10 tries in practice, but i won't call it official untill i get into battle.

my point is, this might be against forum way or rules but i saw some people on here talking about how its so hard to do this combo but its not really.

yet, these same people are talking about how 4 EWGF are like cake and they are moving on to 5 EWGF

here's my tip, coming from a newb perspective, newbs like us repond better to personal notations then actual ones

ex: i do CH d/f+2~ewgf like this, just look at the opp. feets, i command captured it and i noticed if the ewgf hits as soon as the opponents knee hits the ground bam they'll be launched.

so i just have one question. what is notation do u guys do for the 4 ewgf, i don't mean someone going oh, dewgf, i mean like do u buffer a foward after the last one or something like that, i just want to know the mental note u make when doing it, that would help me a lot, and i hope my input helps the all the more experienced players cause it really isn't that hard

oh one more thing, this may be already known but if u do a WS+2,then d/f+2, the launching ewgf is easy as shit, i don't understand why, i actually thought it would be harder but its like 100x easier, makes no sense but oh well, it will make people break stuns after they see how much damage is done of a simple combo with that launcher.

i just found that out like 10 mins ago, and i get it like 9 out 10 and i only mess up when i don't do an electric, and yes i know ws+2 can be broken but somepeople forget to break it, and if they do, i think your safe from any crazy punishers, if not, let me know
bacon's extra
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: Farice123
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
everyone practice WS+2, D/F+2~EWGF

for some reason the timing is way more relaxed, i know i said that already but today, after i command captured it. I stepped back so that the WS+2 didn't hit and only the ch d/f+2 hit and it still launched

so i worked on the w+2 version, and once i got that timing down, i used it on the d/f+2, now im doing them no problem, i probably mess up 1, of 3 tries as opposed to 5 out 10.

thats what worked for me as weird as it sounds
lee4073
Iron Fist God
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Now that helped alot, bacon?s extra, thank you very much. I?much better with it now. Still far away from consisten, but I got it about 20 times in 10min.(~80 tries).

EDIT: But my thumb hurts like hell now...
Darkadious<VdV>
hey guyyyyyyyyyyyyys
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
lol, he's right.

We need a jf vid for this. Like they had for pauls d+4, 2:1+2
Signature Darkadious (9:00:13 pm): yeah roll on the floor laughing my ass off
AbsotIveLy JIVE (9:01:57 pm): yeah happy face haha
Darkadious (8:48:14 pm): yeah haha haha
Cynnik (6:35:98 pm): yeah haha haha shut up!
jagoo
Expert
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Darkadious<VdV>
lol, he's right.

We need a jf vid for this. Like they had for pauls d+4, 2:1+2

a vid won't help, all you need is to learn the 3 frame input for f,n,d/f+2 the timing isn't hard ... as soon as the knee hits the ground press f,n,d/f+2 (if you can do it 100% within 3 frames) you will always get the launch or another d/f+2...
lee4073
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, it really is not that hard, practiced it again today and i?m geting consistantly better, the timing isn?t the problem anymore, I just have to be focused with the ewgf, so that I don?t screw it up.
Arario
The Business
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
as soon as the knee hits the ground.........
Signature Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
All the bullshit you see in the scene right now is just symptomatic of a natural transition from a hungry, disciplined arcade culture to a spoiled, fat, cocky ps2 internet culture. There is no stopping it or denying it. All the arcades closing down across the country testify to it. The same players from back in the day will continue to take major tournaments because the new kids are soft.
MooDSWiNG
Virtuoso
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jagoo
a vid won't help, all you need is to learn the 3 frame input for f,n,d/f+2 the timing isn't hard ... as soon as the knee hits the ground press f,n,d/f+2 (if you can do it 100% within 3 frames) you will always get the launch or another d/f+2...

Sooo... what you're saying is 3 frames after the knee hits the ground is when the ewgf needs to hit? Therefore you can do a 4 or 5 frame ewgf and still launch as long as you start earlier and hit on the same frame?

Last edited by MooDSWiNG on May 9th, 2005 at 06:20

jagoo
Expert
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MooDSWiNG
Sooo... what you're saying is 3 frames after the knee hits the ground is when the ewgf needs to hit? Therefore you can do a 4 or 5 frame ewgf and still launch as long as you start earlier and hit on the same frame?

i am not sure if i understand what you mean..
but its like this: after the knee hits the ground you have 2 frames to begin the input for the ewgf (for the input you have only 3 frames)
you can't begin earlier because you cannot buffer the ewgf
Darkadious<VdV>
hey guyyyyyyyyyyyyys
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Arario
as soon as the knee hits the ground.........
OMFG ARARIO POSTING IN THE KAZUYA THREADS, TOO GOOD. Fine, I'll try the knee thing instead of my whenever it looks like I'm suppose to thing.
Signature Darkadious (9:00:13 pm): yeah roll on the floor laughing my ass off
AbsotIveLy JIVE (9:01:57 pm): yeah happy face haha
Darkadious (8:48:14 pm): yeah haha haha
Cynnik (6:35:98 pm): yeah haha haha shut up!
MooDSWiNG
Virtuoso
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
i am not sure if i understand what you mean..
but its like this: after the knee hits the ground you have 2 frames to begin the input for the ewgf (for the input you have only 3 frames)
you can't begin earlier because you cannot buffer the ewgf

I reread what I wrote and it didn't make much sense to me either. So all in all the ewgf must hit 5 frames after the knee hits the ground and the ewgf cannot be started any sooner than when the knee hits?
Dem
Shihan
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
when what knee hits the ground?? whats the setup i'm late!!!!

whooo One hundredth post.
jagoo
Expert
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lee4073
So what?s up jeager, any news for us?
And jagoo, you own a programmable stick? Do you have any news for us?

it seems like after ch d/f+2 hits, the opp. is "standing" for 14 frames , everything that hit until 14 frames will be counted as 100% so ewgf and wgf can launch
swing low
Virtuoso
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
launch enough to juggle?

I've done CH d/f+2, ewgf many times, but I never got a full launch that allowed a juggle.
Signature committed to the kaz
lee4073
Iron Fist God
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
it seems like after ch d/f+2 hits, the opp. is "standing" for 14 frames , everything that hit until 14 frames will be counted as 100% so ewgf and wgf can launch

Mhm, so as I thought the speed of the ewgf(wgf) itself(mist stepp ewgf, or normal ewgf.....) doesn?t matter. I only launched once with a wgf, it seems to be pretty hard.
swing low
Virtuoso
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
oh, I see, so after the 14 frames, opp. is no longer "standing" (ie kneeling) but still hitable.
Signature committed to the kaz
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#58 “Quote” Edit Post

Uh, not only 14 frames, kazuya has to recover first.
So probably 14 frames after kazuya is able to input moves, the opponent goes to crouching status.

EWGF = 11 frames, f~n~d/f+2 = 13 frames. So near perfection is required. This means f,n,d,d/f+2 ewgf will also launch if done perfectly.

How could a wgf fit in 14 frames anyways?
f~n~d/f~2(not ewgf) would be ~16 frames total. (1 + 1 + 1) + (2) + 11.
Just a guess, I am not going to count frames.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
jagoo
Expert
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
Uh, not only 14 frames, kazuya has to recover first.
So probably 14 frames after kazuya is able to input moves, the opponent goes to crouching status.

yes, that's what i have meant
as soon as kaz is able to input something the opponent is "standing" for 14 frames

and this is also a proof that wgf can be done within 14 frames and that there is NO 3-4 frames window between d/f and 2 for ewgf

Last edited by jagoo on Aug 9th, 2005 at 09:52

lee4073
Iron Fist God
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
and this is also a proof that wgf can be done within 14 frames and that there is NO 3-4 frames window between d/f and 2 for ewgf

Yeah, but it?s not that easy.