#202 “Quote” Edit Post
Listen to saiyuk
Signature www.kitrevival.com
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#203 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by saiyuk
snip

I'm sorry guys. I made a terrible mistake... I did not actually watch the video - I posted this here because another player posted this video on my SRK Michelle guide and I thought it was actually useful. Unfortunately, I made a really bad assumption. I need to be a little more careful about managing information.

But, I got something pretty nice to share - I saw a player well known as ThatsHot in the World Arena this weekend online. He is a noteworthy Michelle/Jaycee player and deadly one at that. I noticed him and I decided to ask him for more insight on safe launchers and natural combos. We talked and joked for a bit for a bit... He said that WS 1 was okay to use... one of the "safer" launchers. I asked about CH db+2,2. He said that it's not particularly safe but it IS tag bufferable and can lead to good damage if Michelle connect successfully. Can't really afford to get too reckless. For natural combos, he pretty much summarized that I would have to keep making use of Michelle's CH game. db+1+2, 2 and df+4,3 are good natural combos. He also told me to continue low poking with db+3, df+4, and especially d+3...
So we finally got around to fighting each other.
I did not stand a chance. I've only managed a few of Michelle's mix ups strings and two solo combo's with Miharu. Otherwise, ThatsHot destroyed me. He knew how to make use of both Michelle's and Jaycee oki - f+1 is far more trustworthy than it seems. He made extensive use of Wind Roll (u+3+4/3+4) to 1 for counter hits. He used d,df+2 a lot which is tag bufferable and is very fast. Everything he did was on point. I was happy to have fought him and learned this much.

Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Jan 22nd, 2013 at 05:38

Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#204 “Quote” Edit Post
In every situation where you landed db1+2,2 you could have safely launch~5 with qcf2 instead.

Same thing goes for CH db2,2. If you're going to risk getting launched, may as well go for NH df2,1~5 instead as that has at least more pushback on block.

Strip things down little G.

Cheers Bob.
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#205 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Great_Dark_Hero
I'm sorry guys. I made a terrible mistake... I did not actually watch the video - I posted this here because another player posted this video on my SRK Michelle guide and I thought it was actually useful. Unfortunately, I made a really bad assumption. I need to be a little more careful about managing information.

But, I got something pretty nice to share - I saw a player well known as ThatsHot in the World Arena this weekend online. He is a noteworthy Michelle/Jaycee player and deadly one at that. I noticed him and I decided to ask him for more insight on safe launchers and natural combos. We talked and joked for a bit for a bit... He said that WS 1 was okay to use... one of the "safer" launchers. I asked about CH db+2,2. He said that it's not particularly safe but it IS tag bufferable and can lead to good damage if Michelle connect successfully. Can't really afford to get too reckless. For natural combos, he pretty much summarized that I would have to keep making use of Michelle's CH game. db+1+2, 2 and df+4,3 are good natural combos. He also told me to continue low poking with db+3, df+4, and especially d+3...
So we finally got around to fighting each other.
I did not stand a chance. I've only managed a few of Michelle's mix ups strings and two solo combo's with Miharu. Otherwise, ThatsHot destroyed me. He knew how to make use of both Michelle's and Jaycee oki - f+1 is far more trustworthy than it seems. He made extensive use of Wind Roll (u+3+4/3+4) to 1 for counter hits. He used d,df+2 a lot which is tag bufferable and is very fast. Everything he did was on point. I was happy to have fought him and learned this much.
First and foremost, that guy sounds like a beast.

WS1 is -13, so I'd use that move with discretion. WS3 is probably a better alternative if they're punishing well. CH db+2,2 is okay, but not good enough to use when better options exist.
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#206 “Quote” Edit Post
THATS ME!!!!!!!!!!
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
PendaS
Iron Fist God
#207 “Quote” Edit Post
Not an expert Michelle/Jaycee player -obviously-, so I wanna ask why is Jaycee's oki/mixups after wr_fff+2+4 is better than Michelle? Is it because of the positioning after athe throw or is it because of her options in general. Michelle's puts her in the exact perfect distance for 4~2,1 unlike Jaycee or is that not a major factor?

Also what makes Michelle's juggle output better than Jaycee? I know she has superior TA! with d+(2),3,1, but is that it?

Thanks guys in advance for the answers.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#208 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
THATS ME!!!!!!!!!!

ACK?!

*sigh*

Well... Those of you looking for more Michelle related game play, please take a look at this video. Michelle apparently likes to hang with Nina too... Those two seem like a rather diabolical team together. Michelle will show during the first two matches of the video. In the first match, Jaycee is her tag partner while in the second match, she showcases her abilities with Nina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtB_c3ulqM

Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:23

saiyuk
kansai power
PSN: syk-aus
#209 “Quote” Edit Post
they are online matches. generally online matches are poor examples of competitive play, as 'lag tactics' make a huge difference to what does and doesnt work. i would classify both of those players as average to poor or at the very least online players with a few chronically bad habits.
Signature zero the shadow is my bitch

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom

- Danny Blanchflower
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#210 “Quote” Edit Post
I couldn't really find any other source at the time. I'll find something more reliable...

EDIT: ... Like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgL7nZfamY

The person who uploaded this video plays offline frequently and is also a residential Chun Li player for SSFIVAE:2012 among other things. Here on this video, you will be provided with some better Michelle game play (along with Devil Jin, Kazuya, and Jaycee being put on showcase as well).
Hope this will help provide more insight on what Michelle is capable of.

Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Jan 24th, 2013 at 14:15

splslick
1st Dan
PSN: SpLSlick
#211 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there a difference between using d,df 1,4,1 and d,df 1,3,1? I just started learning Michelle and I searched the forums but I couldn't find the answer
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#212 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by splslick
Is there a difference between using d,df 1,4,1 and d,df 1,3,1? I just started learning Michelle and I searched the forums but I couldn't find the answer

Michelle will perform her Wind Roll move if you press 3 or 4 after df,f 1.
Pressing 4 causes Michelle to "Wind Roll" to the right while pressing 3 causes Michelle to "Wind Roll" to the left. During most of her combos however, she will still end up in front of her opponent but I suggest use the correct direction in case there is a wall nearby.
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#213 “Quote” Edit Post
Pmed Noodalls about the changs isw, he says it is i11.
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
Vainj
Lone Wolf
#214 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
That kind of a player would likely be able to react to Julia's db4 so then you're back to the Chang's core meta game.
They are not reacting to it. They are outguessing you
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#215 “Quote” Edit Post
db4 is i27 which puts it at snake edge/dragon tail speed, the other problem it has being at that speed is that it will lose to panic hopkick/low crush moves and CH4_Steve CH b1.

That and people used to playing vs Kings react to it as well.
Vainj
Lone Wolf
#216 “Quote” Edit Post
Snake edge has much more visible startup frames than db4. That's why it is so easily seen.

JDCR vs Bode: http://www.twitch.tv/tekkenarenafr/b/361046450 go to 2:43:11

I counted 14 db4 12 hit, one blocked, and one interrupted. Also the situations where Bode used db4 was highly predictable, as a mixup with b1+2 so you'd assume that it wasn't much of a mixup on JDCR if he could see it.

This is exactly in line with my personal experience as well.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#217 “Quote” Edit Post
That's more to do with Bode being a solid player with savage reads because of his experience.

It's a bit like 200 won, man is as risky as fuck but he just guesses right. Arguably it's like using Snake Edge/Dragon Tail to crush obvious highs.

Thinking about it, db4 would be great against Hei db2 abuse - now there's a scary low.

Another thing is that db4 at tip range doesn't always get punished properly not too mention neither Hei or AK have anything good/easy to float her out of it like CH4.

Essentially I abuse the hell out of this move in rage because of it's risk to reward but I do get good players react to it or panic button me out of it at times which is what makes it so situational. 4~2>1 on the other hand.

Tourney pressure is another thing to take into consideration.
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#218 “Quote” Edit Post
A fight between myself and Thatshot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSD7j62ZSwE
ghirlanda
Berserker
PSN: Tm-ghirlanda
#219 “Quote” Edit Post
Dude u have to improve a lot. Apart maximise your damage (ur juggles with miharu were about 1/4 hp bar maximum), u have to learn how to get up and punish
Why the fuck u get up after fcdf43? And u ducked tons of times qcf2 without punish it. At least ws4 it, or u dodged for nothing
Signature proud member - founder fer of TekkenMilano - the most active offline community in italy!
Follow us @tekkenmilano
Like us on Facebook.com/TekkenMilano
YT channel : youtube.com/TekkenMilano
Tournament Organizer - TTT2placements: - 2nd place@Rome national tournament- 2nd place@Venice National Tournament- 5th place@LTT(Livorno)- 5th place@THT(Milan)- 5th place @poison3.0 (Rome). t7 placement: 5th place @milangamesweek; 1st@LUCCAComicsAndGames; 2nd place at BattleDome
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#220 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ghirlanda
Dude u have to improve a lot. Apart maximise your damage (ur juggles with miharu were about 1/4 hp bar maximum), u have to learn how to get up and punish
Why the fuck u get up after fcdf43? And u ducked tons of times qcf2 without punish it. At least ws4 it, or u dodged for nothing

This replay was from a long while ago when I started actually playing Michelle seriously. The same applies to Miharu. I would have already made improvements since then...