Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Stringer
nothing to lose
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Orichalcon
d/f+2, 4, 3+4~f, 3+4~f, 3+4~f, 1+2, 4 is better damage

best bet damage wise and like u said easily carries to the wall
especially if you replace d/f+2 w/ u/f+4 but d/f+2 is safer and can be forced down an opponent's throat...

but as of recent I like d/f+2, 4, 3+4, 1,2,3~f~d+2_1+2 into the WAKE-N-BAEK it's in the T5: Dr thread and can be very rewarding if you guess right
w/ the 3 primary wake-up moves d+2, d+4,3,3, and/or d+3,3,n+3

I would've added d/b+4 but then...
aight let's say for instance you get d+2 into d+4,3,3 on regular hit off a sidestep whiff, after d+4,3,3 pins 'em to the ground they're forced to guess
whether ya gonna do d+2 or d+4,3,3 and/or d+3,3,n+3. Now if if they guess wrong and try to get up to block d+2, d+4,3,3 and d+3,3,n+3 will float guaranteeing all three hits to connect from either combo pinnin' 'em down again for more wake-up so d/b+4 really isn't necessary to disguise d+2
I've used f+2~3 sometimes if they try to get up and block d+2 off of d+4,3,3 pinning them, it works but you can also gamble for far more damage

Baek Doo San is the jigsaw killer of wake-up
Orichalcon
Expert
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Stringer
best bet damage wise and like u said easily carries to the wall
especially if you replace d/f+2 w/ u/f+4 but d/f+2 is safer and can be forced down an opponent's throat...

i'll always use 4, 3+4, 3+4, 3+4, 1+2, 4 when i use u/f+4, but when i do it after d/f+2 launch, the 1+2 whiffs every once in awhile, so i substitute the second 3+4 with 1,2, unless i know they are gonna hit the wall, i dunno if its just me, but it just seems to whiff randomly after d/f+2, but yet it always works with u/f+4

Originally posted by Stringer

but as of recent I like d/f+2, 4, 3+4, 1,2,3~f~d+2_1+2 into the WAKE-N-BAEK it's in the T5: Dr thread and can be very rewarding if you guess right
w/ the 3 primary wake-up moves d+2, d+4,3,3, and/or d+3,3,n+3

I would've added d/b+4 but then...
aight let's say for instance you get d+2 into d+4,3,3 on regular hit off a sidestep whiff, after d+4,3,3 pins 'em to the ground they're forced to guess
whether ya gonna do d+2 or d+4,3,3 and/or d+3,3,n+3. Now if if they guess wrong and try to get up to block d+2, d+4,3,3 and d+3,3,n+3 will float guaranteeing all three hits to connect from either combo pinnin' 'em down again for more wake-up so d/b+4 really isn't necessary to disguise d+2
I've used f+2~3 sometimes if they try to get up and block d+2 off of d+4,3,3 pinning them, it works but you can also gamble for far more damage

Baek Doo San is the jigsaw killer of wake-up

after a launch i mix it up constantly, sometimes ending it with 1+2, 4, then FLA dash options, and sometimes ending it for d+2 oki games, when you mix it up all the time it makes it harder for the opponent to adapt to the mind games

EDIT: i like the name... wake-n-baek
you know baek is a little stoner
Signature "When the dragons grow too mighty
To slay with pen or sword
I grow weary of the battle
And the storm I walk toward"
CD-DT
Eternal Student
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I love his okie game, it's still solid. I keep hitting db+3,3 on accident and getting served for it.

The combo i do off of df+2 is 1 more point of dmg. Test in practice mode and prove me wrong. It also looks alot less intimidating than 3+4 x3 so my opp tends to keep fighting like they ain't barely got hit. I mainly use this combo if i'm further than 1/2 a stage away from the wall. Other wise i use 3+4, 1,2,3~f x2, 3+4 cuz it carries longer than his other combos. It all depends on placement though. I haven't retested yet but can he still use the db+4, snake kicks tech trap in DR. With patience it can be done quite a bit on 5.1 and 5.0 it's all in the timing. I'm gonna train my opp w/abuse of d+2 to get them teching again.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
Stringer
nothing to lose
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
it was a good 56/58(CH), it definitely a sleeper
but the other one does 65/67(CH) off d/f+2

Ori, about that combo - yea man I seen that happen before when u do the right kick into three halberds from d/f+2

d/b+3,3 is a match finisher nothing else(especially if you have advantage the mix-up it seems to come out quicker in FLA)

yea, keep 'em on edge even when they in the air
they don't what they gettin' hit by next

sometimes instead of 1+2, 4 I just do 1+2 into some more WNB and torture the fucker(d+2) when he's on the ground
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah d+2 is fun, i got my boy 5 times in a row (him yelling "Is it low or mid?" and me replying "i'll tell ya later"). .

Man, i must have been drinking some grain alcohol when i tested the dmg for that combo.

which one is the bigger combo agian?
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
Stringer
nothing to lose
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CD-DT
yeah d+2 is fun, i got my boy 5 times in a row

yea, I've been there before

do that to someone when you get them face first in the corner after u get 4,4,d+2 wall splat, I ended a match w/ a hat trick like that one time

the bigger one is 4, 3+4~f x3 into 1+2, 4 off of d/f+2 and u/f+4

but as said earlier the 1+2 ender misses sometimes in the d/f+2 one the u/f+4 one is easier and deals the most damage of all at 71/74(CH)
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
my opp only ducks for db+4. so i don't get many options except for okie. since i have to play standing opp my main launcher is ch df+2. other than the 3+4 x3 combo, what's the next best consistent dmg combo. In wall stages i'll carry to the wall with dash 1's if i'm not sure about the spacing. but i need the strongest df+2 combo for non-wall stages.

is the d+2 garanteed after 4,4?
Stringer
nothing to lose
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
my opp only ducks for db+4. so i don't get many options except for okie. since i have to play standing opp my main launcher is ch df+2. other than the 3+4 x3 combo, what's the next best consistent dmg combo. In wall stages i'll carry to the wall with dash 1's if i'm not sure about the spacing. but i need the strongest df+2 combo for non-wall stages.

d/f+2_u/f+4, 4, 3+4~f+1,2,3(hold)~f,n+4~f+1+2, 4
63-69 dmg depending on CH or not and the launcher used

is the d+2 garanteed after 4,4?

yes
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
does the top combo work in 5.0 also? is the 4 before the 1+2,4 like standing 4 or FLA f+4
Orichalcon
Expert
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
The combo i do off of df+2 is 1 more point of dmg. Test in practice mode and prove me wrong.

hey, you asked for it

http://media.putfile.com/BaekJuggles

transcript:
d/f+2, 1,2,3~f,n,2, 1,2,3~f, 3+4~f, 1+2, 4 (58 damage)
d/f+2, 4, 3+4~f, 3+4~f, 3+4~f, 1+2, 4 (65 damage)
d/f+2, 4, 3+4~f, 1,2,3~f, 3+4~f, 1+2, 4 (63 damage)

and now you can all see my awesome pimped out baek, he even has the baton to beat his hos with
Stringer
nothing to lose
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
does the top combo work in 5.0 also? is the 4 before the 1+2,4 like standing 4 or FLA f+4

neither it's the 3+4, remember from FLA u gotta hold 3 and go n+4 to get the shotgun halberd...

I wanna get into Baek's off-axis juggles into wake-up from the side, seems like he could have some really nasty stuff here.... I gotta do some testing out tho'
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you can add another 123~f in the third combo.

Anybody start a DR baek combo vid.
nf0x
Sage
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I think you can add another 123~f in the third combo.

Anybody start a DR baek combo vid.

His juggles for straight up damage haven't changed since 5.0, but ending with d+2 for oki is another story.
Signature "What It Do-San"
Ryan_j37
Virtuoso
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey im looking at picking up baek as my second main (my other is paul) and i want to know what the general game plan is when you use him. I.e what are your staple moves, how do work flamingo stance into your game and how do his new tools in Dr help his game. Thanks for any help
Signature Rise of the Phoenix
sureshothwarang
Gone for long
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
This thread help me alot! TNX!!
Signature Batangas Pride
nf0x
Sage
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryan_j37
Hey im looking at picking up baek as my second main (my other is paul) and i want to know what the general game plan is when you use him. I.e what are your staple moves, how do work flamingo stance into your game and how do his new tools in Dr help his game. Thanks for any help

Funny you mention this.

I looked around a little, and there really isn't one good thread for getting the basics of Baek. If there are more of you who really do want a strat/top10 thread, i'll make one, but a lot of the basic baek stuff can be found in the regular T5 baek forum.

All the strategies there will work fine in DR as well, just ignore people (including myself) who post sob stories of how baek has no oki.

Did that help?
sureshothwarang
Gone for long
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+4,d+3,3,3,3 NOW WHIFFSS!!! can any1 give me a substitute 4 dis??
Signature Batangas Pride
Orichalcon
Expert
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sureshothwarang
d/b+4,d+3,3,3,3 NOW WHIFFSS!!! can any1 give me a substitute 4 dis??

one too many 3's in your notation, but anyway, go with d/b+4, WS+4,4,4

or d/b+4, d+4,3,3~FLA then oki
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
db+4 d+433~b
- repeat if opp techs
- d+2 if opp lies still
- hold 4. d+333
nf0x
Sage
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
after d/b+4, just do wr 4,4,3~f and from there, mixup chop and snake kicks.

this is baeks primary mixup. back roll, forward roll, or standing up gets caught by snake kicks.

laying still or side rolling gets chopped.