Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by igniz13
White hole is the vanish follow up she do after certain moves. Like df4,4,U

Ok. It looks cool but I haven't incorporated it yet into my offense. I think as long as your not predictable with it it can be viable due to it having almost no recovery frames once she lands.

Does anybody know what her best string to use if you wind up behind your opp? Right now I'm thinking it's 3,3,4.
Signature
Ryder052
6th Dan
PSN: Ryder0252
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Does anybody know what her best string to use if you wind up behind your opp? Right now I'm thinking it's 3,3,4.

d/f 2 (block confirm 3) or 1+2 (100% safe)?
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
That doesn't answer my question at all.
Signature
Ryder052
6th Dan
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
Then you should define 'best'. Best damage? Best oki? Best interrupt? What?

Can anyone explain to me how to do the parry followup? The blink + diving kick one. Is is doable from b+2+4 or from b,b+2?

Also, what are the properties of qcf+1+2? Rbnorway list something called 'returns move'?

Last edited by Ryder052 on Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:21

Yannick
Kyu
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
The HAZ 4 action comes from the b,B+2 reversal.

qcf+1+2 has a reversal property during startup, but I have yet to trigger it so I can't confirm if it's still there.

EDIT: Confirming qcf+1+2 has a reversal action and it also yields the HAZ 4 action.

Last edited by Yannick on Jun 21st, 2017 at 00:38

Ryder052
6th Dan
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, nice. So we have three active reversals:
- b,b+2 (HAZ 4 counter)
- 1+2 (HAZ 2 counter)
- qcf/HAZ f~1+2 (HAZ 4 counter)

So we possibly have this trap:
qcf1~HAZ (-2 on block) ~ HAZ f~1+2?
Ryder052
6th Dan
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone frame tested the 'ghost' effect of SDW fff? When can it be interrupted?
AH-KU
Kyu
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryder052
Has anyone frame tested the 'ghost' effect of SDW fff? When can it be interrupted?

As far as I've "researched" it's not safe. So if you're opponent is expecting it, they can hit you 1st immediately after you've ghosted through them. I can't seem to find frame data on it but from my experience as long as you input the command fast enough, Raven seem's to be invincible as soon as the animation starts.

You're best bet is to give yourself enough time by using it at a particular distance when you're opponent is tempted to use a big move with a lot of start-up frames or when you've conditioned them to expect something else from you in a specific situation. It can be used for oki as well. Though it's more to important to have a goal in mind for the move rather than just throwing it out. Do you want to avoid the wall or escape pressure? Do you have a combo planned once you're behind them as some combos behave differently when hitting their back. Here's a vid with a few examples demonstrating it's application. Along with my own shitty replay, getting lucky on a player who's not familiar with Raven.

https://youtu.be/CwGIF7gnkog?t=1m27s
https://youtu.be/CGkIFtbGkyA?t=3m

SOURCES: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/com...scussion_raven/ <<Scroll down until the heading "Sidenotes>>
http://rbnorway.org/master-raven-t7-frames/

Last edited by AH-KU on Jul 6th, 2017 at 19:15

Signature You're better off playing for fun than constantly suffering in the pursuit of perfection
Ryder052
6th Dan
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
So if you're opponent is expecting it, they can hit you 1st immediately after you've ghosted through them.

What do you mean "hit you 1st"? If I PHR past the opponent and block, can they still hit me with anything?
Gandido
Test Before You Post
PSN: Gandido787
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you mean "hit you 1st"? If I PHR past the opponent and block, can they still hit me with anything?

Yes. Anakin did this to someone in tournament once, back in TTT2. I think it was vs. El Negro. Just knew it was coming and did delayed-hopkick launch on it.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
AH-KU
Kyu
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by igniz13
What is the point of white hole and is Buzz saw (qcf+2) complete garbage?

Also just btw, qcf+2 can be very useful. Being part of the qcf series mix-up game, it also has good range (tradeoff being you're opponent can interrupt you during the 25 start-up frames) & is one of mRaven's few lows that doesn't need a CH to start a combo. The others being BT d3, BT fF+3+4 & FC df+3+4 AFAIK.

The are a number of ways to combo off qcf+2 but I usually stick to 4,1 -> BT f4,3 (S!) -> dash uf3 which has more lenient timing.
You could also try qcf2 -> 4,1 -> BT b2,3 to get a full launch but this only works if they tech-roll as only the last hit of BT b2,3 will connect.

A player far better than me also uses the following string after qcf+2:

ff+4 -> db+2,1 -> 2,4 (S!) -> dash uf+3 -> b+4,4 -> BT f+3+4

Never been able to do it myself as it's very easy for the ff+4 to whiff, you need to do it instantly after qcf2. Also this string requires that you land the uf+3 from certain distance in order to connect the b+4,4. Since this string leaves you in BT you can further mix-up your opponent with BT b2 or the BT d3 sweep on their wake-up.

Originally posted by Gandido
Yes. Anakin did this to someone in tournament once, back in TTT2. I think it was vs. El Negro. Just knew it was coming and did delayed-hopkick launch on it.

Was this the match you were referring to by any chance https://youtu.be/jbit2I0nHIk?t=7m21s ? It's the only 1 I could find between these two but Anakin was not able to land a punish on the Phantom Warp however.

Last edited by AH-KU on Jul 10th, 2017 at 00:10

Signature You're better off playing for fun than constantly suffering in the pursuit of perfection
Nerobianco
3rd Dan
PSN: nerobianco123
#152 “Quote” Edit Post
iWS2 is an important tool for her, is it? Is it the same input as iWS1 for Nina?
Ryder052
6th Dan
#153 “Quote” Edit Post
I've had a Bryan recently counter my PHRs by doing some kick string that tracked BEHIND. Insane.

Off qcf+2 I do 4,1 -> SDW f+4,3~S! -> 3~4 -> SDW 1+2
Gandido
Test Before You Post
#154 “Quote” Edit Post
I've had a Bryan recently counter my PHRs by doing some kick string that tracked BEHIND. Insane.

Off qcf+2 I do 4,1 -> SDW f+4,3~S! -> 3~4 -> SDW 1+2

That's the easier combo but it doesn't land on all of the cast. You can tack on a ff+4 before the 4,1 to add more damage as well.

It still won't land on Gigas consistently as well =\

Ryder052
6th Dan
#155 “Quote” Edit Post
They only thing that I can land consistently on Gigas after qcf+2 is b+44.
Gandido
Test Before You Post
#156 “Quote” Edit Post
They only thing that I can land consistently on Gigas after qcf+2 is b+44.

Show me a video because I'm literally doing it on training mode right now and it hasn't hit not even once.

EDIT: Only hits off a slight SSR angle.

Ryder052
6th Dan
#157 “Quote” Edit Post
It hits at 0 angle too. But it doesn't matter, as the followups are bad. Instead use:

qcf+2 -> d/f+1 -> d/b+2,1 -> 4,1 (38 dmg)
After that you're perfectly positioned for SDW f,f+3+4.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
#158 “Quote” Edit Post
Apologies for asking but how do you wavedash with Raven? I know it was posted in one of these threads but I can't find it.
Signature
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#159 “Quote” Edit Post
Are any of you guys having an issue with combos not properly connecting after S! resulting in whiffs and Raven being BT behind the opponent? Especially after using B+2, 4, 2 mid combo. I thought it was my timing, but its certain characters like Eliza that this happens with frequently. And there is also this super tracking when going into PHR that causes some characters turn completely around during their strings and not stay "linear" forward. Seems glitchy. Is this just me?
Signature There's nothing to see here...
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#160 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Apologies for asking but how do you wavedash with Raven? I know it was posted in one of these threads but I can't find it.

qcf~u~qcf~u...