Master Raven in FR

Page Splits 1...<891011>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#181 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by D3TROITR3D 2K
Anyone know the frame data for BT uf+4 launcher and BT uf+3?


Originally posted by vittujee
According to 0.2 version of FrameOverlay, Raven's
BT uf4 i9 -12 / +33JG / +33JG / 1 active frame
BT uf3 i9 -12 / +19JG / +19JG / 1 active frame
ub4 i19 / -5 / +26KD / +26KD / 5 active frames
ub3 i26 / -2BT / +5BT / 5BT / 3 active frames

I wouldn't put too much trust on those active frames, I got ub4 to hit on it's 7th active frame and it showed as 7/5. Try newer version, might be better.


So I asked this in the general forum and the tentative answer is her BT uf+4 is i9 and -12 on block.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#182 “Quote” Edit Post
So I'm playing and lose online and the guy messages me saying to use M.Ravens fff+3, saying its one of her best moves and to try to incorporate the iwr3 version into my game. Does anyone else use this? And why would he consider it one of her better moves?
Signature There's nothing to see here...
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#183 “Quote” Edit Post
Is this community still alive? Anyway, I think her frame data may be off. I got launched 3 times against a Leo today after using df+4, 4, 3. Its listed on rbnorway as a -6~-3 on block.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
Ryder052
6th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 77
From: Poland
PSN: Ryder0252
#184 “Quote” Edit Post
@fff+3: Could be good for frame advantage on block, but it's kinda generic stuff.
@d/f 443: No way, at worst it can be range dependent, but I've never got punished with it, and I use it a lot.
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#185 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryder052
@d/f 443: No way, at worst it can be range dependent, but I've never got punished with it, and I use it a lot.


Ok, that's what I was thinking since its the safe option to just finish the string if df+4 doesn't launch.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
Ryder052
6th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 77
From: Poland
PSN: Ryder0252
#186 “Quote” Edit Post
its the safe option to just finish the string if df+4 doesn't launch

Well, they can hit you out of the last hit with a well timed move, but it takes some serious preparation to do that consistently.
SHwoKing
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 76
From: France
#187 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ryder052
Well, they can hit you out of the last hit with a well timed move, but it takes some serious preparation to do that consistently.


Yes and no, there's some move that cover both situation and act as a punish for 4,4 and hit Master Raven Raven if you do the last part. I think Bryan's Jet Upper cover both situation for example.

But now we have another option : up. I should test it but you can delay this teleport and make your opponent whiff his move.

Another subject, I'm sometimes pissed with bugged moves Raven has :

d/b+2,1 : sometimes the move doesn't hit at all point blank. It looks like there's an invisible wall between you and your opponent. Happened to me quiet a few times.

FC d/f+3+4 is supposed to be High Crush. Yet I'm sometimes hit by Jab while doing it. And when it does, Raven is airborne and juggled (!)

BT u/f+4 is supposed to be a mid. Yet on crouching opponent point blank they can duck it (happened to me yesterday vs a crouching Azuka after landing a 4,1)

the d/b+2 bug is there since Tekken 6 and it's not fixed yet...
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#188 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SHwoKing

Another subject, I'm sometimes pissed with bugged moves Raven has :

d/b+2,1 : sometimes the move doesn't hit at all point blank. It looks like there's an invisible wall between you and your opponent. Happened to me quiet a few times.

FC d/f+3+4 is supposed to be High Crush. Yet I'm sometimes hit by Jab while doing it. And when it does, Raven is airborne and juggled (!)

BT u/f+4 is supposed to be a mid. Yet on crouching opponent point blank they can duck it (happened to me yesterday vs a crouching Azuka after landing a 4,1)

the d/b+2 bug is there since Tekken 6 and it's not fixed yet...


I have also noticed that about BT uf+4...duck right under it and it is clearly a mid. Also, on select characters FC df+3+4 actually goes right through their legs, and the jump kick goes through them.

But since we're on the subject, I want to know if anyone else has noticed that characters gain some type of "super tracking" when Raven goes into Phantom. They will start a linear string and you can Phantom through them but they will instantly turn sides and hit continue the string. Its so weird.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
SHwoKing
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 76
From: France
#189 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by D3TROITR3D 2K
But since we're on the subject, I want to know if anyone else has noticed that characters gain some type of "super tracking" when Raven goes into Phantom. They will start a linear string and you can Phantom through them but they will instantly turn sides and hit continue the string. Its so weird.


I barely use this kind of move but i saw what you mean countless of time on videos while watching Hesitate and Go attack play.

It looks as silly as King's tracking with his U/F1+2 when you walk under it.

I quiet like Raven in this game. The system favors her as she is one of the most damaging character in the game now. She mostly play like TTT2's Raven with some more shenanigans here and there.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 801
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#190 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there any reason to punish -14 moves with b+4,4? It does less damage than 4,1 and only gives about 1 more frame advantage?

And while I'm on the subject, I seriously hate that ws2, her i13f does less damage than ws4. It's only one point but I still really fucking hate it.
Signature
Revelations
Shihan
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 103
From: New Zealand
#191 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Master Raven have any blaring weaknesses or things she lacks? I know next to nothing about her.
Signature Mishimas Fighting!!
DA!!
DORYAH!!
SERIYA!!
SHwoKing
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 76
From: France
#192 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Revelations
Does Master Raven have any blaring weaknesses or things she lacks? I know next to nothing about her.


She doesnít have great whiff punish. Her best is d/f+2 which is 16 frames, range is not that good and it puts you BT. You can also use f,f+3 but the execution + startup is rather slow.

Her block punish are quiet poor too. No 15 fr launcher. At -12 she has 4,1 which offer a not so great mix up.
On crouch block, she has to rely on WS+4 for -11 to -13. She has a i14 WS launcher though which is great.

Her fastest mid is 13 frames but itís d/b+2 which is not that great and will force you to guess right.

A lot of her moves are unsafe as well. Youíll have to take risk while playing her.

Her strengths relies around mobility, 50/50 mixup, shenanigans and very good damage potential.
Revelations
Shihan
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 103
From: New Zealand
#193 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SHwoKing
She doesnít have great whiff punish. Her best is d/f+2 which is 16 frames, range is not that good and it puts you BT. You can also use f,f+3 but the execution + startup is rather slow.

Her block punish are quiet poor too. No 15 fr launcher. At -12 she has 4,1 which offer a not so great mix up.
On crouch block, she has to rely on WS+4 for -11 to -13. She has a i14 WS launcher though which is great.

Her fastest mid is 13 frames but itís d/b+2 which is not that great and will force you to guess right.

A lot of her moves are unsafe as well. Youíll have to take risk while playing her.

Her strengths relies around mobility, 50/50 mixup, shenanigans and very good damage potential.


Awesome thanks. And also does she have many changes from tag2 Raven? Or play very similar but with tailspin moves rather than bound.
Signature Mishimas Fighting!!
DA!!
DORYAH!!
SERIYA!!
SHwoKing
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 76
From: France
#194 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Revelations
Awesome thanks. And also does she have many changes from tag2 Raven? Or play very similar but with tailspin moves rather than bound.


Not many changes.

Quiet the same moves and quiet the same frame data.

You essentially need to adjust to the combo system (and she hits hard now compare to other characters)
And integrate some new stuff she has (not many and not very usefull)
Gandido
Test Before You Post
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1918
From: USA Florida
PSN: Gandido787
#195 “Quote” Edit Post
Just wanted to toss out what seemed like something important that I came across yesterday, although it might be common knowledge already.

Crouch dash with qcf (d,d/f,f) input does NOT go under jabs/highs. You get hit like if you were standing.
Crouch dash with d,d/f input DOES go under jabs and highs. If you hold back during this CD and a high was thrown near the very end, you WILL block it. (Tested vs. Alisa's RA since it stays out for so long).

Will post a video clip in the near future if requested.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 801
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#196 “Quote” Edit Post
What are Raven's best mids to deal with Eddy's RLX? I've been using df+4.
Signature
SHwoKing
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 76
From: France
#197 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
What are Raven's best mids to deal with Eddy's RLX? I've been using df+4.


If you have enough time f,f+4 should be more damaging. Maybe b+4,4 and its mixup.
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 59
From: USA Michigan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#198 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SHwoKing
If you have enough time f,f+4 should be more damaging. Maybe b+4,4 and its mixup.


b+4,4 won't connect at all. I've been wondering this also. Eddy and Lings floor games were so much easier to deal with using Zaf, a simple 1+2 was all you needed to stop that mess on the first try. Raven just doesn't have this option so those two characters I don't have an answer. Although I will say that for some reason uf+4 will unusually connect sometimes...she's so weird.
Signature There's nothing to see here...
Gandido
Test Before You Post
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1918
From: USA Florida
PSN: Gandido787
#199 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
What are Raven's best mids to deal with Eddy's RLX? I've been using df+4.


Be more specific. You want to deal with RLX as a whole or certain transitions into it?

b+44 as mentioned is a good tool because it punishes certain things that go into it for a small, not-so-damaging combo but above average damage (WS13 and b+33 are easy ones to remember off the bat).

If there are other things, you can use ff+4 to flip them, or you can opt to punish with u/f+3+4. If you use u/f+3+4 it will hit RLX and if they try anything out of it, you get the usual combo out of it. It's win-win most of the time.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
aaheadbanger666
6th Dan
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 77
From: India
PSN: Ishan--666
#200 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys I was just wondering what all moves there are like Claudio's db2,1 that leave the opponents in crouching and -15f. These moves get launched by df4 (i15f) for a nice juggle. If anyone could list moves like these that df2 wont launch but df4 will, it would be very helpful.
Signature T7 Lee model is amazing. God Bless Harada and his team

THE GEESE IS LEESE!!!

 All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36

Page Splits 1...<891011>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump