Gigas T7 Movelist & Infomation Thread

Page Splits 1...<111213
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Conrad
Champion
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 274
From: USA Missouri
PSN: Disruptr-
#241 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KINGofIRONfist Did Golem 2 always hit grounded, when you are close to the grounded opponent?

I don't see the point in golem stance now. Golem 2 is so slow and shitty. Golem 1 is now unsafe, yeah its mid, but why would anyone duck now?
Yeah Golem 2 has always hit grounded.

I feel the same about the stance as well. They should've added the crouch status and kept everything else the same.
Signature /
poking starter
Champion
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 270
From: Thailand
PSN: -
XBL: -
#242 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you guys think gigas is stronger overall ?

he got decent buff on situational move but big nerf on his main tool like d/f 1 and d3,2


the buff which I saw that stand out is ff4,2 and goliath mix up
Signature -
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2695
From: Germany
PSN: Malec1983
#243 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poking starter
Do you guys think gigas is stronger overall ?

he got decent buff on situational move but big nerf on his main tool like d/f 1 and d3,2


the buff which I saw that stand out is ff4,2 and goliath mix up

I never used Df1 as a main poke. Df4 and 3 are imo better. 3 got nerfed a lot now. D3,2 nerf also sucks.
I don't see a golem buff, for me it feels like a nerf.
Overall his changes are pretty insignificant. Goliath 2 is the only real buff he got.
Ff2 safe is also good, but the range feels shortend.
Gigas changes are underwhelming imo
poking starter
Champion
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 270
From: Thailand
PSN: -
XBL: -
#244 “Quote” Edit Post
combo

opponent back far from the wall d1+2 Wall bounce! f2,n1 ,u/f1+2 ,FDFA 2

side step 2 S! ff4,2 , 2 , f1, d/f+2,1+2

also if ff2 wall splat when opponent back far from the wall ,now you can dash to ff4,2 (In season1 you only get another ff2)

Last edited by poking starter on Sep 7th, 2018 at 22:04

Signature -
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1621
#245 “Quote” Edit Post
Was gigas able to do his standing 3, d\b+2, f+4, f+1+2 etc from golem stance earlier? I noticed this now while checking out Gigas and can't remember whether it was there earlier as well or if they added this for Season 2.

They don't come out immediately after entering golem, but if you wait like half a second or something and make the inputs, you can do a lot of moves in his movelist including my personal favourite d+3+4.

Seems to works like Lei's drunken stance where you can do some moves from outside the stance movelist too.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2695
From: Germany
PSN: Malec1983
#246 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
Was gigas able to do his standing 3, d\b+2, f+4, f+1+2 etc from golem stance earlier? I noticed this now while checking out Gigas and can't remember whether it was there earlier as well or if they added this for Season 2.

They don't come out immediately after entering golem, but if you wait like half a second or something and make the inputs, you can do a lot of moves in his movelist including my personal favourite d+3+4.

Seems to works like Lei's drunken stance where you can do some moves from outside the stance movelist too.

Yeah it's the same, you can use all moves except for moves with 1 or 2 ofc. You have to cancel golem first for this.

Sometimes it feels like you can immediately cancel golem stance, but I don't understand the timing at all
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1621
#247 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't needed to make any extra input to cancel golem. It cancels automatically when you make the move inputs after waiting for that half a second or so.

But I found it helps with getting a hang of the timing after which you can cancel out of the stance if you input a direction after going into golem, and immediately after, input the command you want. Like: Golem -> u -> f+3
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2695
From: Germany
PSN: Malec1983
#248 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
I haven't needed to make any extra input to cancel golem. It cancels automatically when you make the move inputs after waiting for that half a second or so.

But I found it helps with getting a hang of the timing after which you can cancel out of the stance if you input a direction after going into golem, and immediately after, input the command you want. Like: Golem -> u -> f+3

I am talking about moves with 1 or 2 input, you have to cancel golem first obviously
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1621
#249 “Quote” Edit Post
Doh! Yeah.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
poking starter
Champion
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 270
From: Thailand
PSN: -
XBL: -
#250 “Quote” Edit Post
note

if f2,d1,3+4 hit opponent back turn, Golem 1 is guarantee

now you can heavily punish king and eddy spring kick
Signature -
Asianskyblue
Virtuoso
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 227
From: India
#251 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poking starter
note

if f2,d1,3+4 hit opponent back turn, Golem 1 is guarantee

now you can heavily punish king and eddy spring kick


Good find
Now they're dead.
Signature
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 319
From: Ireland
PSN: jfgtp
#252 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL, that's a 110+ damage punish.

I'm curious to see if Lili and Ling can be similarly trapped with 2,1,3+4~GS~1

you know when they do their back turn cancels, you can jab them out of some of the slower ones on block.

Edit, checked it there, sadly no. there is time to turn round and block.

you are at +6 though (hitting 2,1 BT).
It's a choice between 31 damage and knockdown with 1,2, or 22 damage and +6 with 2,1.

Last edited by Aurongroove on Sep 8th, 2018 at 19:10

Signature I'm hilarious!
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 248
From: Kenya
PSN: MmickeysS
#253 “Quote” Edit Post
Question. Why is Gigas' 2,1 (3+4) listed as -7 despite him not being able to block anything i15 and faster? Can he actually block or am I missing something?
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu

 All times are GMT. The time now is 17:59

Page Splits 1...<111213
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump