Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
poking starter
Champion
PSN: -
XBL: -
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f1+2 is very good mid along with his u+4..

d/f1+2 high crush and track ss both ways

not sure how to use d1+2 because he already have better ground hitting move like ff+4,ff+3

f1+2 safe fast wall splat
f1+4 use in combo (W!f+1,f1+4)

f+3 is 18 frame? I will use it more
Signature -
Shi No Kage
Raijin
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
D1+3 is tagable for those who want to know
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
any one know if there is a tech trap with his unblockables?

Edit: Also in handbags post of frame data he says WR3 is plus frames on block and WS3 is minus 11. i always though WR(while rising) and WS(while standing) were just two ways of saying the same thing can someone clarify for me the difference?
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WangIsKhan
any one know if there is a tech trap with his unblockables?

Edit: Also in handbags post of frame data he says WR3 is plus frames on block and WS3 is minus 11. i always though WR(while rising) and WS(while standing) were just two ways of saying the same thing can someone clarify for me the difference?

I doubt he has any unblockable traps, he does have a good amount of tech taps though.

It sounds like you're used to the Soul Calibur notation, on TZ WR refers to while running and WS refers to while standing. In SC, WR refers to while rising.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
ahhh that makes sense my bad thanks for the quick response
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
While playing more Jinpachi I'm starting to understand his movelist better. Example: where at first glance uf4 seemed pretty useless, I now realize it covers the longest distance of Jpa's moves. It's safe and knocksdown for a free hit if not quickrolled. It's just extremely linear.

In the coming weeks (or longer) I plan on developing this thread from a mere movelist with examplevids to a go to place where you can read about the uses of all his moves. Feel free to share opinions and experiences.

I'll also be deleting the juggles because we have a dedicated thread now.
Signature
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
@sandilord
A great idea
Signature
Practice makes Perfect
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
hit b+1+2 and d+1+2 or ff+3 is free is opponent doesn't backroll out of the b+1+2.

I think ff+3 is also free after a FC df+1 CH. And if they try to stand up before getting hit by the ff+3 you can get the stomp in as well.

Last edited by LAWZ-Mike on Oct 11th, 2012 at 05:25

Signature OHH SHIT, LAWZ-MIKE!!
Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
While playing more Jinpachi I'm starting to understand his movelist better. Example: where at first glance uf4 seemed pretty useless, I now realize it covers the longest distance of Jpa's moves. It's safe and knocksdown for a free hit if not quickrolled. It's just extremely linear.

In the coming weeks (or longer) I plan on developing this thread from a mere movelist with examplevids to a go to place where you can read about the uses of all his moves. Feel free to share opinions and experiences.

I'll also be deleting the juggles because we have a dedicated thread now.

I would be interested in helping you do this, but what is the best way to capture HD footage off ps3?
Signature
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea, after my first tournament, my Jinpachi has gotten MUCH stronger.

Some things I'd like to note:

d+1 is a REALLY good move for keeping people out of his face. On hit, it forces them into crouch recover. If they DO ANYTHING but block, it will hit again and again until they hold back. Once they are standing, go for a grab! If they try hop kicking or anything aerial, you get a free air throw. This can be easily mixed up with d/b+4 and FC d/f+1

Oh yea.. and FC d/f+1 and FC d/f+2 is so fun to mess with people. After FC d/+1 hits, if they back dash immediately and you do FC d/f+2 right after, it usually hits them. I like to run into their face and repeatedly spam FC d/f+2. So awesome since it's safe.

Another thing that's REALLY frustrating is doing u/f+3,4 right after hitting them with FC d/f+1. I think what makes pachi strong is being ale to lock opponents down with uf+3,4 while mixing up with d+1 and FC game.

People are catching on to how negative d/f+1+2 is. So I've been doing d/f+1+2 and then iWS+1,1. It's great because people waste time forward dashing to close the gap.

WS+3 hits grounded at the wall. Spam this and mix up with FC d/f+1

d+2,1...the 1 hits grounded at 0 range. Great to do at the wall, if CH at the wall you get a high wall splat.

Before B!, try using d/b+3,1 for really far wall splat. Just experiement with this and you'll see. You can use FLY+2 to B! if you're super far, or run in and do d+1.

Spam lots of b+4 for whiff punish at super long range.

When you know your opponent is scared, FLY in there face randomly then grab after you're done lol.

Jinpachi is a character that needs to be played in the dirtiest way possible. keep them guessing, lock them down, throw them a shit ton. If they pit bull you, d/b+1,2 and show them you don't like that shit. If they are turtling, no need to do unsafe mids. Just stay in their face. Spam stuff, make them not want to crouch, then go for lows.

This should probably bein the Analsyt thread :/

I'm REALLY liking Jinpachi man. He makes up for everything Feng lacks!

Edit: OH YEA AND HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE RANGE ON SS+2? holy crap it's so good! The hit box on that is unREAL!

no one punishes, but as soon as they start punishing, SS+2,1 to politely inform them that they are not allowed to do that
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
nice info!
Signature OHH SHIT, LAWZ-MIKE!!
GanymeDes
Expert
PSN: GanymeDes-
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
Good stuff, good stuff...
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
Just want to clarify:

ws+3 only hits grounded if you side step right. If they are face down, feet away, then ws+3 only hits grounded when you side step left.

I personally would only try ws+3 on grounded if they were feet up.

At the wall, WS+3 only hits once even after you SSR. Really weird property, but shit I'll take that.

WS+3 is also amazing to hit people who back roll.

If you look at all the possibilities:

Someone falls, feet up, head away:

You side step right and crouch for WS+3

If they do any kicks at all, CH WS+3 = launch

If they back roll, ws+3 = launch

If they roll right ws+3 will hit

If they roll left, ws+3 whiffs (you can easily see this though and do FC d/f+1)

If they roll forwad = lol

If they get straight up they block ws+3. Easily mix up with grabs and lows here.

I am putting ssso0o0o much time on focusing on Jinpachi oki and poking game. I barely win my matches with combos when using him. Ugh..such a perfect character for Feng players. As a Feng player, this is how we think about oki.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
tyler2k
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
Oh yea.. and FC d/f+1 and FC d/f+2 is so fun to mess with people. After FC d/+1 hits, if they back dash immediately and you do FC d/f+2 right after, it usually hits them. I like to run into their face and repeatedly spam FC d/f+2. So awesome since it's safe.

I've had FC d/f+1 hit and an immediate FC d/f+2 completely whiff consistently, so much so that I don't believe it to be a valid follow-up in pretty much any realistic situation. I'm actually trying to find a better follow up to FC d/f+1 as everything I'm trying will either whiff or is too slow/poor to be scary. I won't argue with a naked FC d/f+2 being a good tool though.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
I've had FC d/f+1 hit and an immediate FC d/f+2 completely whiff consistently, so much so that I don't believe it to be a valid follow-up in pretty much any realistic situation. I'm actually trying to find a better follow up to FC d/f+1 as everything I'm trying will either whiff or is too slow/poor to be scary. I won't argue with a naked FC d/f+2 being a good tool though.

I've seen this happen a few times. I think it depends on two things.

The most important thing is how close you are when FC d/f+1 hits. I think this is a move best used when you are at zero range. I feel like when that attack hits, the opponent gets pushed back a little bit. So when I use FC d/f+1 then straight into FC d/f+2, I make sure I'm COMPLETELY in their face doing so.

The other thing is which way they side step. If they SSR they will be avoiding it completely (this might be mitigated by hitting FC d/f+1 really close) if they SSL, FC d/f+2 will hit them.

To be totally honest, it's probably safest not to follow up with anything after hitting FC d/f+1. The closer you are, the better, but I'm pretty sure you don't have frame advantage after. My goal is to usually make people not want to crouch after FC d/f+1 and then begin throwing them while standing. Just gotta read the opponent.

Thanks for bringing that up. Try out FC d/f+1 really close. Maybe you're playing smarter people than I.

#BUFFLARS
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
I've seen this happen a few times. I think it depends on two things.

The most important thing is how close you are when FC d/f+1 hits. I think this is a move best used when you are at zero range. I feel like when that attack hits, the opponent gets pushed back a little bit. So when I use FC d/f+1 then straight into FC d/f+2, I make sure I'm COMPLETELY in their face doing so.

The other thing is which way they side step. If they SSR they will be avoiding it completely (this might be mitigated by hitting FC d/f+1 really close) if they SSL, FC d/f+2 will hit them.

To be totally honest, it's probably safest not to follow up with anything after hitting FC d/f+1. The closer you are, the better, but I'm pretty sure you don't have frame advantage after. My goal is to usually make people not want to crouch after FC d/f+1 and then begin throwing them while standing. Just gotta read the opponent.

Thanks for bringing that up. Try out FC d/f+1 really close. Maybe you're playing smarter people than I.

I mix fc df+2 with throws and force them to stay on ground. If they stay on ground d+4 or if they roll d+1
Just follow rule " Keep em' Guessin" and Bingo
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if this was posted before ..but b+3.2 is NC but isn't included in the move list
tyler2k
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Sandi, I won't touch the first page (as you're probably still going to work on it) so here's a few corrections and addition:
1,b+2 - Not only is it NCc, but CH (1),b+2 will also KND!/W!
2,2 - Actually has more natural range than 1,2 and is required to use for i10 punishment against certain attacks
f+2,1,1+2 - Like Dragunov's d/b+2,1,2, Jinpachi (f+2),1,1+2 is NCc for KND/W! (exact frame data on block too)
f+3+4 - You can use it to crossover grounded opponents. For instance with your back to the wall u+4, f+3+4 will swap sides.
AP 1+2 - Is actually good as it catches airborne opponents, namely during pushback combos
d/f+1 - Tracks to Jinpachi's left
d/f+3,1 - Spike oki, similar to Dragunov d/f+3, and can be used as a backroll catch in certain situations
d+3 - Is good for chasing down extra damage when anticipating tag crash as the opp. will always go over you.
WS+4,4,1 - No longer NCc but (WS+4),4 hits grounded and (WS+4),4,1 is NCc
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx
I've been taking my time to update first post. In time I'll be needing you to put the rest of the info in the second post but I'm not done yet.
Are you sure 22 has more reach than f12?

@Winter: b32 is part of Jinpachi's 10string so it's included there. I will add the b32 NC part in the explanation of b3.
Signature