Bryan's Taunt Thread

Page Splits 1...<16171819>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sumpfgeist
Dragon Lord
#341 “Quote” Edit Post
I couldnt taunt ju at 2p for shit at the beginning. I dunno just slow down a bit and practise it more...
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#342 “Quote” Edit Post
is it possible to connect mach punch after taunt??
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah
There is No Flaw in God's System ( Accept it )
I Dont Believe In FICTION But I Do BELIEVE IN ADDICTION (Tekken )
Ketlord
Sumpfgeist
Dragon Lord
#343 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hardfighter
is it possible to connect mach punch after taunt??

Yes, but its really difficult and useless.
steveN1
1st Dan
#344 “Quote” Edit Post
Bought myself arcade stick yesterday, after playing years on a pad. Basically I'm going through hell right now, but taunting feels much better.
b4 is more consistent, even online.
The problem is I can't do taunt-JU now. Like at all.
It seems not to register b. May be I should go slightly slower from f to b?
Any tips on this?
IVIr.Demonic
Lone Wolf
PSN: IVIr-Demoniic
XBL: IVIr Demonic
#345 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by steveN1
Bought myself arcade stick yesterday, after playing years on a pad. Basically I'm going through hell right now, but taunting feels much better.
b4 is more consistent, even online.
The problem is I can't do taunt-JU now. Like at all.
It seems not to register b. May be I should go slightly slower from f to b?
Any tips on this?
I had and still get this problem but it's with p2 pressing f, so is eather your going to fast or not press b fully
Signature currently using

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZxDemoniic
h34r7l355
2nd Dan
PSN: gr33n4pples
XBL: SarcastikDoLL
#346 “Quote” Edit Post
After practicing Taunt JetUpper for so long I've finally been able to nail it a lot more often. Mainly from listening to hit noises from the taunt and paying attention to Animation, I'm sure none of that is new. But What I did find out earlier today was a Just Frame glitch? Not too sure if anyone else knows about it.

Input :
1+3+4 : 1+3+4
JF is just when the knee connects.

Combos (2hits) and it still counts as 0 dmg lol.
Signature Top Tier Hater~
sweetdevilsunny
3rd Dan
#347 “Quote” Edit Post
for taunting just see the knee just hits the mid section or about to hit it then do any of the moves say b+4
Signature
qpJUJU MASTERqp
War Lord
PSN: ;(
XBL: Paro Street
#348 “Quote” Edit Post
Any tips on how to use taunt fluidly in my movement? I keep on getting throws without having to stop completely and perform a taunt..
Signature
Team MashFTW

SOUTH EAST LONDON - WOOLWICH
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#349 “Quote” Edit Post
you need to cancel everything except forward dashes before you can do taunt afterwards. and obviously be in neutral before you do 1+3+4

so, b,b,f,n+1+3+4
ss,f,n+1+3+4

also taunt dash (f,f,n+1+3+4) won't work if you're too far away from your opponent. The max distance which it works from is around the distance of a non-backrolled mach breaker.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
sweetdevilsunny
3rd Dan
#350 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys i really wanna play wid u all but no luck ......
hey is there knee onl9 ???or his account
Signature
sweetdevilsunny
3rd Dan
#351 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys i really wanna play wid u all but no luck ......
hey is there knee onl9 ???or his account
Signature
qpJUJU MASTERqp
War Lord
PSN: ;(
XBL: Paro Street
#352 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh alright thanks Dino.
I kept on doing BDC then taunt which was way to slow >.>
Signature
Team MashFTW

SOUTH EAST LONDON - WOOLWICH
PaDLocK
4th Dan
PSN: x-CuSHtY-x
XBL: e I CuSHtY I e
#353 “Quote” Edit Post
is there an effective way of pulling off the taunt on pad? considering the fact that i only feel comfortable playing with THUMBS.. the way ive been doing it is mapping R2 (or RT) to 3+4 and pressing R2 (3+4) and square (1) together. the trouble is, 3+4 or even 1,4 comes out sometimes. it's not like i'm pressing one of them really late, they're definitely syncronised. it's really annoying me because i cant really use taunt with my bryan very well, and his wall-game and oki are pretty hugely associated with it, correct me if im wrong.
Signature a wall is like a double rainbow.. it's awesome, but it can make you cry ;_;
steveN1
1st Dan
#354 “Quote” Edit Post
I used to have this problem, the only solution is practice, practice, practice. Preferably with real opponent in a match.
sweetdevilsunny
3rd Dan
#355 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PaDLocK
is there an effective way of pulling off the taunt on pad? considering the fact that i only feel comfortable playing with THUMBS.. the way ive been doing it is mapping R2 (or RT) to 3+4 and pressing R2 (3+4) and square (1) together. the trouble is, 3+4 or even 1,4 comes out sometimes. it's not like i'm pressing one of them really late, they're definitely syncronised. it's really annoying me because i cant really use taunt with my bryan very well, and his wall-game and oki are pretty hugely associated with it, correct me if im wrong.

just try to put lk+rk in r1 and for performing taunt cancel moves just holding r1 press only square it will become easyt 4 u and u can use it while u r blocking any move or near wall or any move which does not have a kick in the end for eg df+1 and just doing that move press and hold r1 and after that press only 1 by holding r1 u will perform taunt
hope it will help u if not clear ask it bro .n try to use his taunt its only his lethal weapon.
Signature
alwaysCommando
Kyu
#356 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PaDLocK

hey man i think you might be pressing forward or some sort of directional button, i had this problem a lot too (i use pad) with same taunt setup (R2+square). make sure that if youre moving forward etc. your input is f,f, n -> taunt; otherwise bryan is prone to doing the 3+4 kick or 1, 4 attack. bottom line: make sure the game doesn't register any sort of movement input before you try to taunt. i hope this helps, because knowing this has done wonders for me.
steveN1
1st Dan
#357 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by alwaysCommando
hey man i think you might be pressing forward or some sort of directional button, i had this problem a lot too (i use pad) with same taunt setup (R2+square). make sure that if youre moving forward etc. your input is f,f, n -> taunt; otherwise bryan is prone to doing the 3+4 kick or 1, 4 attack. bottom line: make sure the game doesn't register any sort of movement input before you try to taunt. i hope this helps, because knowing this has done wonders for me.

If you hit f+1+3+4 it comes out as f+1+3 grab, otherwise 1,4 and 3+4 comes out only if you messed up 1+3+4 itself, which might be common, if you just started practicing taunt on pad.
Oh, and if you bind shoulder buttons on DS3 or six-axis, for the love of god, bind 3+4 on R1, for it's not a trigger, therefore more consistent.
Personally, I find hitting 1+3+4 much more comfortable on a stick, but f,b2 has advantage on pad.
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#358 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey people

So i had this one (seemingly) stupid question...

Basically i?ve practiced taunt b+4 a lot lately, and i?m getting it down to about 3 times out of 10 (i know it?s shit, but it?s a start). But know i?m suddenly trying to use the taunt after a wall bound on a opponent that techs, but my taunt whon?t seem to hit (and i was under the impression that it should, without further input from me).

So basically, why dosn?t my taunt connect on my opponent when he techs after a wall a bound, and what should i do?

Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
Angelo1
Iron Fist God
PSN: Desolution_X
#359 “Quote” Edit Post
You need to dash before taunt. so ! f~taunt. That way it'll track.
Signature The Lazy Generation~
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#360 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Angelo1
You need to dash before taunt. so ! f~taunt. That way it'll track.

Lol, thanks Angelo

Last edited by EpicStoffer on Nov 21st, 2011 at 13:12

Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.