Hwoarang: Ask a Question, Get an Answer (III)

Page Splits 1...<232425
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tinokuken
7th Dan
PSN: tinokuken
#481 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I'm on the edge of joining an offline scene in Manchester. Tag 2 will prolly make me actually get my arse down there.

Expect way more chat from me on here if it goes ok there. Repping Hwo for real would be ruff! xD

Thanks guys.
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#482 “Quote” Edit Post
Question:

Doing CD cancel into JFSR and it's fine when I'm already right in front of the opponent but if I'm at a distance I can't not start running. Is it not f,n,d,d/f,f,f,n,d/f+4? or is there a different direction I should be putting in there?
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#483 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 3L1
Question:

Doing CD cancel into JFSR and it's fine when I'm already right in front of the opponent but if I'm at a distance I can't not start running. Is it not f,n,d,d/f,f,f,n,d/f+4? or is there a different direction I should be putting in there?

cd~b~jfsr is how i do it.
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#484 “Quote” Edit Post
ah of course. thank you sir!
lespaulphoenix
4th Dan
PSN: LesPaulPhoenix
#485 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello, all.

I've recently played a really bad ass Hwoarang that pretty much melted my face with his utter awesomeness. From what I remember of the beatings, I've been trying to emulate what I saw this player doing... (I'll try to be as dogmatic as possible, here. and forgive my poor use of notation)

I'm slowly getting there, but one thing I saw from the guy (and something that I see in the movelist) is a variation of Hwoarangs f *fd d/ff 4... If I remember correctly, the move is called "Fire bird kick"? Anyway. It's a variation where he Kihaps and his leg gets all shiny like... What is this and how do I do it?
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#486 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know about any burning birds, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking about Sky Rocket, or with the sparks, Just Frame Sky Rocket (JFSR). It's done like this: f,n,d/f+4. So no d-input and d/f and 4 at the same time. Similiar to Kazuya's PEWGF or Heihachi's OTGF. Search for JFSR on youtube and you probably find lots.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#487 “Quote” Edit Post
^
What he said.

Try doing it in RFF to begin with (LFF is Hwo's normal stance, and RFF is 3+4 from LFF), since it's significantly easier in RFF.

Don't be discouraged if you don't get the hang of it immediately, it takes a while to get the hang of, if you're not used to the JF input.
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
lespaulphoenix
4th Dan
#488 “Quote” Edit Post
THAT'S IT! Thanks alot for clearing that up for me!

I don't know where the hell I got "Firebird" from...

Yeah, I've been able to nail that (on accident) from RFF, but didn't know what the heck I was doing.
tinokuken
7th Dan
PSN: tinokuken
#489 “Quote” Edit Post
Firebird kick? Hell yeah.

My brother calls CD + 3 "snake bite".
lespaulphoenix
4th Dan
#490 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tinokuken
Firebird kick? Hell yeah.

My brother calls CD + 3 "snake bite".

That's it. I'm totally renaming everyone's move list. Now, d 44 will be "Fried chicken"... and all of Bob's movelist will be "Clogged arteries" Every. Single. Move.
Kyu
#491 “Quote” Edit Post
How do u do hwoarangs spin kick combo. Rff b4 is the spin kick, and i saw some jabs b4 the spin kick. I used the key words spin kick combo hwoarang and still no luck. This move isnt on the move list, and are there other moves for hwoarang that isnt on the move list.