SuperSaiyanLARS: TheComboThread (Read1stPost)

Page Splits 1...<555657
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MattZ
5th Dan
#1121 “Quote” Edit Post
its not inconsistent at all lolz

i can make it land all the time. there's not trick in it or anything.

u know when you have to SSR b4 using f1+2, iWS4 for the bounds and everything to land? basicially SSR like that. In other words, you SSR extremely slightly to the right.

also i dont think DE1+2 after SE3 is 100% guaranteed anyways
Signature Ready for MYLO XYLOTO

Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#1122 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MattZ
also i dont think DE1+2 after SE3 is 100% guaranteed anyways
no. he meant it as a rollback catch, but still, why use that if you have DE2 which refloats them for a full juggle.
DE 1+2 is good for techers, but i don't really use it for that purpose either
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#1123 “Quote” Edit Post
@MattZ: Perhaps "inconsistent" was the wrong word. Situational is better. You're saying there's no trick to it, but then you have to explain that there is a trick to SSR'ing just the right distance. :/

And I'm going to whore DE1+2 out in TTT2. Another safe CH launcher that causes KND on NH, and catches tech? We in there.

Also, to Ghazard, who mentioned resets, I'll be going over those once Tag 2 is in our hands. I usually tend to avoid resets though, because everyone I play just mashes techroll. Hopefully I can find some way around that though.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
MattZ
5th Dan
#1124 “Quote” Edit Post
@Cosmic_Castaway, do a f,df,d before starting the f1+2 combo (sorry, i should've explained). Sidestep cancelling once should get you into the right angle for the whole combo to land. The purpose of sidestepping is that the multiple df1s and df3 will put you off axis, making fb21 whiff.

after DE3, i personally prefer DE1 over DE2 and DE1+2. Although it doesn't hit grounded, it's faster and does float them for a full juggle. DE2 and DE1+2 are just too slow for me for the opponent to be reset.

Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1125 “Quote” Edit Post
Meh, I'd rather just do a universal combo lolol. Still good to know that that works though, since the situation could arise eventually. Knowing extra damage is there never hurt anyone.

And DE1 after SE3 is really good. However, it can be teched out of, or avoided by staying on the ground. Which is where DE1+2 and DE2 come in. Mixups; they're a beautiful thing.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
MattZ
5th Dan
#1126 “Quote” Edit Post
f1+2, iWS4, ffn1, ffn2, ffn2, ffn1, fb21 (B!), iSW, 79 damage,
most damaging combo that works on females as well.
i found this combo online

willagapto
Kyu
#1127 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys,

I'm trying to do the following combo but I can not, I wonder how much damage does

u/f4-f123~d, de1, fb21, B! ff~d/f1, ff~d/b+2~f, SE1
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1128 “Quote” Edit Post
Probably 83 damage would be my guess.
KhronicKicks
Shihan
#1129 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by willagapto
Hi guys,

I'm trying to do the following combo but I can not, I wonder how much damage does

u/f4-f123~d, de1, fb21, B! ff~d/f1, ff~d/b+2~f, SE1

You probably figured it out by now but landing the d/f 1 is hard on Small characters. I've done it once or twice on Marduk but if Im extremely lucky.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#1130 “Quote” Edit Post
f,b+2,1 does more damage than db+2,F,df+1
any situation where it is better to use the latter as a bound move over the former?
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos