Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Catalyst
Shihan
XBL: PonderingPanda
#741 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by chumzwolf
im tryin to pick up bruce cud anyone tel me wat hes strenths are e.g hes srong moves and such?

Good place to start is his Top 10 Moves.

This isn't going answer all your questions, but play with them first to see how to approach his play style.
Signature ...when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle
Ghostface-kHz
3rd Dan
PSN: Ghostface-kHz
#742 “Quote” Edit Post
I cannot seem to find a good high crushing low move with bruce. i find that when i can predict a throw or jab strings i have no way of getting damage on them except to ducking jab or duck-wait-ws21. i like both of these options but i find that a low with high crush property for my other characters will deter people from constant attacking. when i use other characters, i can train people to stay out of my face but bruce doesn't seem to have that effect on people because all his good up-close moves start high and people can bait/crush his shit all day.
Signature the boss of all bosses
til i die... or he does.
because he will.

Now #2 practiced the snake style. He was known as the snake's spirit. He had the speed of a snake.
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#743 “Quote” Edit Post
FC df4 is a good high crush low, try it. Gives knockdown, great oki and free cd3 followup on CH. On normal hit its +9 where a b2 followup counterhits anyone trying to push buttons. It is -17 on block though.

If you can predict jab strings then try sw'in more, using CH4 more or even db4, and if youre real pro then you use ff2 nightmare punchparry
He got plenty of keepout moves such as cd mixups, b2, 3, df3, db3+4, magic4, d4, 3+4, MTSf1.
I know he lacks fast upclose mids with good tracking but i still find 3 series, b4, df4 mixups, df1 mixups good upclose

Last edited by Adnanish on Jun 11th, 2012 at 20:08

Signature
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#744 “Quote” Edit Post
1,2,4 and 2,4 are great pokes. 1,2,4 is alot like Steve's 1,2,1, but if the third hit is counter, Bruce gets a full combo with MTS f+1 (B!)! Bruce has good jabs, people tend to forget that. Basic standing 3 has amazing range and df+4 also has huge range. If df+4 is counter-hit, MTS 2 is a combo!

I use df+1,2 or df+1,2,1 as pokes. While slow at 16 frames, people still get hit by them.

d+4 is 13 frames, super fast, but it is -16, quite launchable. It is free damage the first time, pretty much, but the second time you use it, you might lose half your life

cH 4, 3,3, 3,2,f,1, df+4, MTS f+1 (B!), f,N,d,df+1, 3,2,f,2

This cH 4 combo is super easy. I have been using it as of late.
Wolf Fang RPX
5th Dan
PSN: Psycho_RPX
#745 “Quote” Edit Post
Strategies for Bruce vs Steve matchup ? The steve is a pitbull and its hard to even get in once he starts ducking and weaving and swaying..advice wold help...tournament next weekend and im trying to find out.
Signature " The day when I get my revenge, I will come after you"

" Fight for what's right"

Wolf Fang RPX: To become a champion one day...
irampage7
6th Dan
#746 “Quote” Edit Post
does anyone knows how to punish bryan's d3+4, 2 (-12 frames on block)? in paul's thread punishlist vs all it can be punished by i12 moves...im trying bruce's f2,4 to punish it but cant do so...im using my psp ultrahard vs cpu training ..any insight?.. i can only punish bryan's d3+4, 2 with bruce's 143
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#747 “Quote” Edit Post
You can punish it with f24. Your just too slow, it's a easy execution imo. Go to practise, defensive training, mark d3+4,2 in command list, interval fast, hit analysis on and start practising it
Signature
irampage7
6th Dan
#748 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish
You can punish it with f24. Your just too slow, it's a easy execution imo. Go to practise, defensive training, mark d3+4,2 in command list, interval fast, hit analysis on and start practising it

Got it dude...thanks yes ur right im just too slow but now its registered on my head hehe...

btw here's a dumb question, how can we use hit analysis correctly? i've seen a thread about this but forgot where it was...anyone knows the link? thanks

EDIT: additional question...when is the right time/usage of f3, db214 or f31, db214 as a bound ender? i usually use the latter one but sometimes my opponent tech rolls

Last edited by irampage7 on Jul 24th, 2012 at 04:29

Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#749 “Quote” Edit Post
Lets say you marked Bryans d3+4,2 in defensive training with hit analysis on.. When you block it and punish with 10frame 143, the dummy stays dark and will not turn or blink bright meaning 143 punish works, same with 12frame f24. But if you try to punish it 15frame move like hopkick then the dummy will turn/blink to bright/normal state meaning hopkick doesnt work since the d3+4,2 is -12. Thats how it works basically, comprende?

f31 wallcombo works after d2 and d3+4 b! moves. But after df12 b! move you can only do f3 wallcombo. F31 wallcombo will also whiff after a low wallsplat, then only f3 works. When youre offaxis at the wall then sometimes f31 whiffs but f3 is safe option.
Signature
irampage7
6th Dan
#750 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Adnanish
Lets say you marked Bryans d3+4,2 in defensive training with hit analysis on.. When you block it and punish with 10frame 143, the dummy stays dark and will not turn or blink bright meaning 143 punish works, same with 12frame f24. But if you try to punish it 15frame move like hopkick then the dummy will turn/blink to bright/normal state meaning hopkick doesnt work since the d3+4,2 is -12. Thats how it works basically, comprende?

f31 wallcombo works after d2 and d3+4 b! moves. But after df12 b! move you can only do f3 wallcombo. F31 wallcombo will also whiff after a low wallsplat, then only f3 works. When youre offaxis at the wall then sometimes f31 whiffs but f3 is safe option.

now i got it dude...you've been a great help always
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#751 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the best way to deal with Bruce's 3 mixups? I know you can interrupt 3 f+2 mixups on block, but is it possible on hit as well? Any other kind of general advice would be great too, like weaker side etc.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#752 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
What's the best way to deal with Bruce's 3 mixups? I know you can interrupt 3 f+2 mixups on block, but is it possible on hit as well? Any other kind of general advice would be great too, like weaker side etc.
If your character has a move like Nina's uf+3, Dragunov's uf+3, Leo's uf+3, all of which, I think, are 14 frames, that would be a good idea imo.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#753 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
If your character has a move like Nina's uf+3, Dragunov's uf+3, Leo's uf+3, all of which, I think, are 14 frames, that would be a good idea imo.

Actually, only Nina's is i14, the other two are i17.
SPAM YOU SILLY
4th Dan
XBL: SPAM YOU SILLY
#754 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
Actually, only Nina's is i14, the other two are i17.

On or in-between frames?
Signature TeamMashFTW

Getting the job done online; Trollogue Vol. 1 | Trollogue Vol. 2 | Trollogue Vol. 3 |
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#755 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPAM YOU SILLY
On or in-between frames?
Yes, exactly! Hit them in-between frames! No.

Have you tried a basic d+4 or db+1? A 15 frame hopkick might be good. Mash that hopkick. Some characters' df+4 are 12 frames.

You need to be aware, though, that Bruce has 3,3. So, he can still hit you if you try to interrupt and get a knockdown.

Last edited by forest16 on Aug 5th, 2012 at 17:06

Catalyst
Shihan
XBL: PonderingPanda
#756 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know how to get an instant b,f+4 knee to come out? I've done it a couple of times on accident but I haven't been able to reproduce it. I was able to get it to come out after 1,2 buffer b,f+4 and once from crouch directly to the knee.

The crouch one was interesting because it seemed to come out literally instantly, with no windup frames; he was crouching then rose into the knee. May have been a glitch, but being able to capitalize on a glitch is okey dokey with me. I just happened to be playing ranked but my replays were full of junk so I couldn't save the match video to study it.
Signature ...when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle
Cabelo
Kyu
PSN: CabeloCZ
#757 “Quote” Edit Post
What about Bruce tracking moves?

My only problem with bruce is playing with oponent who really like to sidestep.

I need a list of the moves to track to the right and to the left.

Thank you!!!
Signature Is it a plane? Is it a bird??? NOOOO!!! It is DEVIL JIN!!!!