marduk's top ten moves?

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Arcylis
Destroyer
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Ive been dissecting Marduks move list mostly for a friend, his type of character. Im by no means a good marduk player but Ive become more interested in him since studying him. On paper he looks horrible, but that doesnt mean much. Jin looks sick on paper, but hes not that good.

Anyway I have a few querries. Im wondering why u/f+1+2 isnt on anyones top 10? Its only fault is that its high. Its his only safe launcher and at 17f its fast for marduk.

Im also reading that marduk has a magic 4, and while it does knock them in the air on CH, Ive found nothing guaranteed afterwards. f+1+4 only hits if they backroll.

I also noticed qcf+1_qcf+1,2 isnt on anyones top 10. I dont think it'd be on my top 10 either, but I think its a highly underrated move. its only -10 on block, its medium, it has many frames of high crush, and again at 18f thats not too bad for marduk lol(hes deceptively slow instead of deceptively quick lol). The second hit is also medium and it wall splats, plus the combination jails when blocked, and last but not least the second hit is safe on block. I think players could be very abusive with this move at the wall.

I see a lot of people hating on marduks sidestep and evasion lol. Ive found that WS+2 is very effective in stepping anything that can normally be stepped to the left. Its also a safe CH launcher, so that might be worth looking into. We almost always feel like we're at a pretty big advantage when we can force our opponent into a crouch since it so greatly limits their options, but this could be an overlooked trick in marduks sleeve when he finds himself in that situation. Not sure how great it is at 19f, but if the evasive frames start right away it might not matter.

Im also wondering is WS+3 guaranteed after CH FC, d/f+4. I think there was another move I was landing it after too but I cant remember what it was.

Ill post any other questions on the Q&A thread. Ill also post my top 10 after Ive learned a bit more about him.

Last edited by Arcylis on Jul 19th, 2012 at 07:05

Signature To all my friends past, present, and future this is the best advice you will ever receive. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ~Modern variation of The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule was first seen written on the Mahabharata, one of the two great Sanskrit epics. This was around the year 3000BC~ The Golden Rule has been around for over 5000 years and has been assimilated by every major faith the world has ever known.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
CH 4, f+2+4 works

u/f+1+2, qcf+1, and qcf+2 all appear on different top 10 lists. The post before your's lists 2/3 and I know that I had qcf+2 on mine.

WS+2 is not very reliable as it sometimes leaves Marduk off axis. SSR~d/b+1+2 still gives him the most evasion in terms of stepping into an attack, but the T6 sidestepping system (particularly Marduk's sidestep properties) make it difficult to consistently step.

qcf+1 also has the follow-up (2) that can be slightly delayed, performed immediately, or charged to punish responses from opponents. These type of "punishable" strings are very good in T6 (think Drag's d/b+2,1,2).

in class, will answer the rest later
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
WS+3 I believe is guaranteed from FC,d/f_D/F,4. cc, d/b+4 as well as cc, b+1+2 I believe also work. There is also the opportunity for a ground throw.
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew