TTT2 Unlimited changes [from tekken6]

Page Splits 1...<3435363738>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 888
From: England
XBL: Jason4579
#701 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort
i can't wait to try doing ff4~b and qcf12~b against newbies


Cancels never work against noobs unless they're just holding back because they're scared. 99% of the time they'll just mash and beat you out.
Miss Rochefort
Iron Fist God
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1215
From: Denmark
PSN: PrincessLiLi_
#702 “Quote” Edit Post
^ yes i guess -_- lol
Signature 1st main: 2nd main:
#Anna4T7 or will it be in Tekken 8?
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Obviously I will recognize Steve, Drag and Feng as Lili's superiors when it comes to overall performance.
Fr0zen
Virtuoso
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 234
From: United States
#703 “Quote” Edit Post
I mentioned this before, however, I guess it went unseen. I don't know.
Anyway, Lili's has a new transitions: BT b+4 and BT b+3
Its basically the same thing as b+3 and b+4 when facing your opponent. She side jumps (?) and what not and faces her opponent again. She probably could crouch dash afterwards (f), however, it is not in the stream (so far.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHvhU7TpSW4#t=95m20s
mj795
1st Dan
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
From: Spain
PSN: mj795
#704 “Quote” Edit Post
hey! I reciently saw this video, it shows something that Iīve never seen before, but I think itīs a glitch... I would like to know if thatīs a "secret move" or a glitch. Thanks!!

PD: anyway BT b 4~3 ( BT b 3~3 ) would be useful!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPx95NWxt7w
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#705 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mj795
hey! I reciently saw this video, it shows something that Iīve never seen before, but I think itīs a glitch... I would like to know if thatīs a "secret move" or a glitch. Thanks!!

PD: anyway BT b 4~3 ( BT b 3~3 ) would be useful!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPx95NWxt7w



It's not a glitch! It's exactly what Fr0zen wrote in the post just above you. Lili can now do her little hop (b3_b4) from backturned. That's what you're seeing in this video.

If you ask me this is just gimmicks with no real mix-up value! Intermediate and advanced players will know of these gimmicks after the first month and they will either just sidestep or hit you out of it as soon as you go backturned.

N00bs, scrubs, buttonmashers and other low level players won't stop pressing buttons so when you go backturned and cannot block, they'll just buttonmash you out of whatever set-up you were thinking of... it won't work on them either!

Lili is reeeaaally bad in TTT2 from what I've seen and read. She has three NC strings which are good punishers (i13; f23 and i13; ws12 and i15; 31) but other than that, she'll have hard time winning. I hope they buffed her for the console release, because if she is as bad as she is in the arcade version, she is probably bottom 10! She needs at least ONE safe launcher!
Root Of Evil
4th Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 43
From: Portugal
#706 “Quote” Edit Post
i hope Harada is reading your post DrBhup666 lol.... Lili really needs a miracle to rise from the bottom 10
Trukki7
7th Dan
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 81
From: Finland
PSN: Trukki3
#707 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm could she avoid some things with that BT b4_b3? like steve can avoid some options of wangs wm throw with 3+4.
Signature Metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpBs_ri808
mj795
1st Dan
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
From: Spain
PSN: mj795
#708 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
It's not a glitch! It's exactly what Fr0zen wrote in the post just above you. Lili can now do her little hop (b3_b4) from backturned. That's what you're seeing in this video.

If you ask me this is just gimmicks with no real mix-up value! Intermediate and advanced players will know of these gimmicks after the first month and they will either just sidestep or hit you out of it as soon as you go backturned.

N00bs, scrubs, buttonmashers and other low level players won't stop pressing buttons so when you go backturned and cannot block, they'll just buttonmash you out of whatever set-up you were thinking of... it won't work on them either!

Lili is reeeaaally bad in TTT2 from what I've seen and read. She has three NC strings which are good punishers (i13; f23 and i13; ws12 and i15; 31) but other than that, she'll have hard time winning. I hope they buffed her for the console release, because if she is as bad as she is in the arcade version, she is probably bottom 10! She needs at least ONE safe launcher!


Wow! thanks for confirm it and thanks for the advice. b 4 isnīt very good... I could use it in BT to avoid jabs, grabs or lows maybe, but how you said, I can use it only with players with a good level.

Iīm agree with you, Lili doesnīt have safe launchers, her unique safe launcher was BT 1+2 and now is 10-... and her uf 3 is 13- now -_-" She has been nerfed too much!

Well, thanks again!
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#709 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Trukki7
Hmm could she avoid some things with that BT b4_b3? like steve can avoid some options of wangs wm throw with 3+4.


Lili's little hop doen't have the evasive properties of Steve's 3+4 roll. Nor is Lili's b3_b4 nearly as evasive as Steve's 3_4.

And here you have a list of the lowest tiers made by people that have arcades in their country and access to the actual game. It is pretty much agreed upon that Lili is bottom 10.


Originally posted by Shotokan
Bottom 10... that's a hard one, honestly. Every character in this game is very good and I do somewhat struggle to see why certain characters are rated "low tier" because everyone is more than capable of competing. I've said in the past that tier lists are a comparative sort of listing, they show who's better than who, but not who "sucks". Tag's new dimension is TA and IMO that has a pretty big bearing on where the character sits on the tier list; the right partner can increase your character's position on the tier list and overall effectiveness in-game, particularly if the strengths/weaknesses of the characters complement each other.

Here's my attempt at it though (no particular order).

- Jun - Tracking is average, ground game is so-so, lack of a good low doesn't help her, TA is pretty average, can move up/down the tier list depending on partner.
- Raven - Tracking is so-so, requires quite a bit of risk, average everything
- Baek - Average tracking, risky but pretty good damage output, he'd probably be at the higher end of this list
- Lili - Pokes aren't bad, good damage, but tracking sucks, hard to play at range too
- Yoshi - Relies too much on gimmicks, average tracking at best
- Wang - Decent damage, poking game is so-so, needs better long range moves
- Ogre - Hitbox is massive, movement sucks, decent damage and range but very unsafe
- Capos (do these guys count as 1 or 2?) - Need to be patient with them, low damage output unless in juggles, ground-game is OK, tracking is also OK, pretty average at TA.
- Ling - Good by herself, could be one of the least versatile characters in TA, damage output is average, tracking is so-so
- Bears - Hitbox is huge, SS is rather abysmal, but pretty good backdash, good range, decent damage, pretty annoying up close as well.

Expect the tier lists to change with the advent of console though.

Also, RE Roger: he's not that bad of a character, pretty good damage, solid ground game and pokes, his movement is pretty decent, only thing that probably sucks about him is his range. Lows that cannot be parried are hella annoying.
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#710 “Quote” Edit Post
And here is the top 10. It is a pretty good list and most people seem to agree with it. It's made by someone with access to the actual game;


Originally posted by Shotokan
I wouldn't go so far as to say Zafina is top tier. She's definitely good but probably just sitting outside top 10.

IMO top 10 would be the following...

1. Heihachi - Mishima
2. Devil Jin - Mishima
3. Kazuya - Mishima
4. Lars - Very good TA fillers and still a good all-rounder
5. Leo - Damage output is ridiculous, pretty good TA fillers, good pokes, good all-round game
6. Nina - Same as Leo, TA fillers could be better but her poking game is still good and her long-range has improved
7. Bob - Good damage, good at short and long ranges
8. Steve - Big damage, safe, decent at poking
9. Armor King - Very versatile character
10. Dragunov - Also very versatile and well-rounded

Sitting just outside IMO are

- Hwoarang - lacking in a few areas
- Feng - excellent poking, decent damage, still average at long range game
- Paul - good damage, good pokes, relies a bit too much on 50/50
- Miguel - good damage, good pokes, safety is somewhat lacking in certain departments
- Jack - good range, good damage, terrible movement
- Jinpachi - good range and good damage but too unsafe to be in top 10
- Jaycee - good ground-game, quite safe but not that great at TA, quite good on her own, her grabs are very hard to see
- Zafina - good range, good damage, good movement, not particularly safe enough to be in top 10

I'm very curious as to what criteria the tier lists on the first page use. Most important tools IMO are good TA fillers especially those that don't do too many hits but net good damage.



So it's a good thing I'm pairing my 'bottom tier' Lili with 'top tier' Leo.

Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Trukki7
7th Dan
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 81
From: Finland
PSN: Trukki3
#711 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
Lili's little hop doen't have the evasive properties of Steve's 3+4 roll. Nor is Lili's b3_b4 nearly as evasive as Steve's 3_4.


But she is in air. right? so it could avoid getting fully launched at some situations.
Signature Metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpBs_ri808
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#712 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Trukki7
But she is in air. right? so it could avoid getting fully launched at some situations.


Yes, I believe so. She is also backturned so if you get launched you won't eat a full combo anyways because they have to modify it to hit headturned opponents.
But I'm not sure of any of this. Not until the game comes out in a couple of days and we can try out all this in the godlike practice mode
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6961
From: Australia
#713 “Quote” Edit Post
That is one person's opinion, nothing is "pretty much agreed upon".
Signature Flushking.
mj795
1st Dan
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
From: Spain
PSN: mj795
#714 “Quote” Edit Post
someone know whatīs the command of this what we are talking about? BT b 4 ( b 3 )
Thanks!!
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#715 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
That is one person's opinion, nothing is "pretty much agreed upon".



I meant on that spesific thread. Nobody was biting his head of and saying that he was waaay off. people were mostly agreeing with his list so I concluded that 'it is mostly agreed upon'.
Anyway, you too have access to the game, tell us who your top 10/ bottom 10 are. I'm mostly curious about Lili and Leo.
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#716 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mj795
someone know whatīs the command of this what we are talking about? BT b 4 ( b 3 )
Thanks!!



Not sure what you're asking about. Lili can go backturned manually with b3+4.
In TTT2 she has a few more moves that cancels in to BT, like ff4~b or qcf12~b. The last hit will cancel Lili to BT shennanigans. Now we recently found out she can do her little evasive hop (b3_b4) while in backturned position.
mj795
1st Dan
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
From: Spain
PSN: mj795
#717 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
Not sure what you're asking about. Lili can go backturned manually with b3+4.
In TTT2 she has a few more moves that cancels in to BT, like ff4~b or qcf12~b. The last hit will cancel Lili to BT shennanigans. Now we recently found out she can do her little evasive hop (b3_b4) while in backturned position.


Iīm sorry, my english is not very good >_< I meant, if I want to do b 4 in BT, what do I have to press? b 4 too? or something different?
Fr0zen
Virtuoso
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 234
From: United States
#718 “Quote” Edit Post
I use to main Lili years ago and I have a quick question:
How many frames does it take for Lili to turn back around from BT? I seen somewhere that it was 3 frames; however, if d/f+3+4 is -6 frames and it take 3 frames to turn around she would technically be at -9, correct? So since everyone is saying that d/f+3+4 is jab punishable, her transition from BT to Standing can't be 3 frames, right?

Edit:
Didn't know b+3, 3 didn't launch anymore.. Hmm. Another nerf.
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1106
#719 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mj795
Iīm sorry, my english is not very good >_< I meant, if I want to do b 4 in BT, what do I have to press? b 4 too? or something different?


Yes, you still press b4 even if she's backturned.


Originally posted by Fr0zen
I use to main Lili years ago and I have a quick question:
How many frames does it take for Lili to turn back around from BT? I seen somewhere that it was 3 frames; however, if d/f+3+4 is -6 frames and it take 3 frames to turn around she would technically be at -9, correct? So since everyone is saying that d/f+3+4 is jab punishable, her transition from BT to Standing can't be 3 frames, right?

Edit:
Didn't know b+3, 3 didn't launch anymore.. Hmm. Another nerf.


It takes Lili 4 frames to turn back from backturned. df3+4 is jab punishable.

Are you sure b3,3 doesn't launch anymore? This is the first time I'm hearing of this. Where did you get that info?
Fr0zen
Virtuoso
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 234
From: United States
#720 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
It takes Lili 4 frames to turn back from backturned. df3+4 is jab punishable.

Are you sure b3,3 doesn't launch anymore? This is the first time I'm hearing of this. Where did you get that info?


Oh, it's 4... Okay, I'll live with it.
b+3, 3 is shown in the video that the other guy posted of BT b+3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPx95NWxt7w#t=24s

 All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27

Page Splits 1...<3435363738>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump