Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
darkdatu08
7th Dan
PSN: darkdatu
XBL: none
#281 “Quote” Edit Post
What moves can be used to punish Eddies relax stance or his strings which are mostly lows, UF 4 seems to whiff most of the time?! It's really bugging me. How about Asuka and Juns b 3,4,3? She seems to recover before I can punish her because of the distance. What are lars options when the opponent is trying to jab or df 1 control you? d 1 ? Sorry for the many questions.
Signature lei may not be top tier but he's in a class of his own
dr4g0n
#282 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by darkdatu08
What moves can be used to punish Eddies relax stance or his strings which are mostly lows, UF 4 seems to whiff most of the time?! It's really bugging me. How about Asuka and Juns b 3,4,3? She seems to recover before I can punish her because of the distance. What are lars options when the opponent is trying to jab or df 1 control you? d 1 ? Sorry for the many questions.

Ok one at a time...

Chreddy/Tiger's relax stance: Unfortunately, Lars doesn't get much here. Most of the time, you kinda have to settle for getting a d4 or db1 to knock them out of RLX. Not much damage, but you kinda have to deal with it. uf3 also hits that stance, but the second hit will whiff completely and it doesn't launch them. I've been punished for that whiff a couple of times, so I wouldn't recommend using it.

Jun/Asuka b3,4,3: Well, firstly, if they're using the same string over and over, you should be low parrying the second hit. I don't think the b3 by itself is punishable, and tbh, I never really try. Any of your options get beaten out by the low. If you're feeling ballsy, you can use df2, which will occasionally CH for a full combo, but you have to get the spacing right so that the low will just whiff and the df2 will connect. Otherwise the low hits on CH and you eat the launcher.

Sometimes, I'll use ff1+2 out of spacing and that will hit the for a CH, especially if they're using multiple lows, but again, you risk eating the full launcher if you don't space it out right.

Lars' options against pressure: Since most characters' jab/df1 are REALLY good on block, I wouldn't do anything. My personal way of dealing with pressure is to not press buttons, and just move. A well-timed backdash/SS can get you around pressure and net you a launcher (if you're feeling confident), or just jabs, and you can use the frames of jabs hitting to start your own pressure game.

Yes, sometimes you can use d1, and (as I'm sure Morninglord is about to point out), I use it a LOT. In fact I use it WAAAAAAAAAAY too much, and I'm trying to cut down on it, because you'll just end up eating a hopkick to the face.

Sometimes, it's also good to randomly duck. Sure, you'll eat df1 a couple of times, but when you duck a jab and WS4/WS2,1 punish a couple of times, you'll reverse the pressure and begin playing your game again.

Hope this stuff helped
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#283 “Quote” Edit Post
Against Christie/Eddy, if they do some moves that transition to RLX, namely b+3,3 and ws+1,3, you can immediately fb+2,1 for a FULL COMBO. The timing is strict but it works.

Lars is the only character that can get a full combo after blocking those. Few characters can float, and the rest can only get one low poke.
Signature
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#284 “Quote” Edit Post
Best way to deal with pressure from a particular character is to spend a day or so going over their stuff, learning their pokes, reading a little bit of frames (without trying to learn everything, this way lies madness), and try to get into the mind of the enemy.

Then you'll know what the hell they're on about.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
FrozenDesirex
1st Dan
#285 “Quote” Edit Post
what is lars doing at 1:19 i cant seem to hit it anyone know notation for filler?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwqPfPX66bI
dr4g0n
#286 “Quote” Edit Post
f3~df_db, WS2,1

Manual DE input, the DE goes under the floating opponent, hold either db or df to cancel the DE, iWS 2,1. You can also do WS2~f SE1_3.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
darkdatu08
7th Dan
PSN: darkdatu
XBL: none
#287 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for answering my question Dragon. I guess I'm just really not good with infighting. I often choose the wrong option when being pressured. I will try your advice of not pressing any buttons. Thanks a lot. I guess you just have to poke Eddie with a d4 then. Nothing really hits consistently. It's hard to low parry online too. Darn.
Signature lei may not be top tier but he's in a class of his own
seifer04
5th Dan
#288 “Quote” Edit Post
For Lars/Leo, can anyone suggest a good wall combo against Ling, please? (Lars on point)
Their staple for wall is W!, fb+2,1~5 TA!, f+4~df, ws+1,4,1, f+4,1,2,1
Lars' f+4,1,2,1 wall combo ender misses on Ling so I usually do b+2,1 but the damage isn't nearly as good.
Signature Damn, I'm so good!
Well of course, you're my son!
Am I your son too???
Inserity
Iron Fist God
PSN: Inserity
XBL: Steam: Inserity
#289 “Quote” Edit Post
Use db23 at the end. Does 104 with f+2,4 W!
seifer04
5th Dan
#290 “Quote” Edit Post
works well. thanks a bunch!
Signature Damn, I'm so good!
Well of course, you're my son!
Am I your son too???
Vumsy
Virtuoso
PSN: Vumsy
#291 “Quote” Edit Post
So while it's almost confirmed that DE1:2 is removed...
1+4 is buffed to 12 frames! It's a meta changer! lol
Signature Shit... TTT2 bibles... uuuugh...
Well, collection so far can be found here
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#292 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vumsy
So while it's almost confirmed that DE1:2 is removed...
1+4 is buffed to 12 frames! It's a meta changer! lol

If you tested it on hopkicks they're all -13 now. A lot of -12 stuff was bumped to -13.

Try it on Lars db+1+2 which is -12. It wont hit.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
Vumsy
Virtuoso
PSN: Vumsy
#293 “Quote” Edit Post
I know hop kicks have been bumped to -13.
I tested it on something else I thought was only 12 frame punishable.. Guess that's 13 too now.
Seems like f1+4 has some wierd crush properties on the last frame before the hit now that I've messed around with it a bit.
Signature Shit... TTT2 bibles... uuuugh...
Well, collection so far can be found here