[Movie Library] Training ground. Watch and learn.

Page Splits 1...<567
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
I highly recommend Hao. For one, I learned that Feng's f+2,1,2 is a good oki tool or move to toss out near walls since it is a counter-hit confirmabale wallsplat. twitch.tv/greentekken often has Hao VS Knee or Hao VS whoever.

I don't see Help Me! much at all. Think he just picked up Feng for fun on the side, while his "real" teams to the real big boy work.

The frames on a blocked 4~3 vary, there is no real way of telling what it is on block, so I treat it like it is 0 on block, even frames. Feng can often be at a frame disadvantage after 4~3 is blocked. So do the math: df+1 is 14 frames, and a random hopkick from the opponent is 15 frames, and the 4~3 can be pretty bad on block sometimes.

It is possible to tell if 4~3 is definitely, for sure plus on block, like after your typical post bound f+3,4 into oki 4~3 combo setup.

Because of 4~3's crush and safety, I have been known to toss out yet another 4~3 after a 4~3 is blocked. I also like to mixup 4~3 with QCF+1.

I appreciate your input, but just be aware that 4~3 followed by a df+1 is not a very good idea, usually. Sometimes I follow it up with uf+4 if I suspect they might duck, only a frame difference.

But yeah, uf+2 will beat out Jun Can-Can Kicks, d+3+4, when 4~3 is highly negative on block. I got promoted that way! I got a promotion chance VS an Asuka/Jun, and it came down to that. 4~3 is great VS players who rely on reversals like Jun, since it can not be reversed. But, of course, it is always better to just wait for the reversal to whiff and then launch punish it if you can predict it.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
PSN: Kiaruda
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
The frames on a blocked 4~3 vary, there is no real way of telling what it is on block, so I treat it like it is 0 on block, even frames. Feng can often be at a frame disadvantage after 4~3 is blocked. So do the math: df+1 is 14 frames, and a random hopkick from the opponent is 15 frames, and the 4~3 can be pretty bad on block sometimes.

The varying frames of 4~3 are exactly why you should always only aim to do it when you know it's gonna be plus on block (like that post-f+3,4 oki option you mentioned) and you shouldn't really throw it out randomly because the opponent can sidestep or backdash to avoid it. Even if it hits when they're backdashing, it's probably gonna hit shallow and you are definitely at a disadvantage there. The basic rule of the thumb is to only use that move when you know you'll be at plus frames.

And that's why I said you can keep poking them with d/f+1 or, alternatively, 2,4 which is a safer option at 10 frames. Additionally, throws are absolutely uninterruptable as they will even beat invincible moves in TR. You always have homing moves as your friends if you're suspecting a sidestep/walk.

just be aware that 4~3 followed by a df+1 is not a very good idea, usually.

Because of 4~3's crush and safety, I have been known to toss out yet another 4~3 after a 4~3 is blocked. I also like to mixup 4~3 with QCF+1.

I can't comprehend your logic with this one. How is it a bad idea to do a 14-frame move after 4~3 but it's a good idea to randomly toss out moves that take 20+ frames to connect?
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
I use 4~3 alot. A top 5 Feng move imo. b+4 is a better followup than df+1.

4~3's range is great, and the damage is good too. Not sure why you would not use it often since it is safe. On CH it knocks down.

2,4 is ok.

Tag 2 is a turtle fest. So, a move like 4~3 is great to have to get into close range while maintaining safety.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
I wouldn't say it's good against turtlers. It depends on the opponent but I probably wouldn't do 4~3 against them because if it whiffs, you're dead, similar to cancan or Kazama f+2. It's a good move but imo, it's better used as an oki tool. You don't see good Feng players just randomly toss that out but hey, if it gives you the victory, keep using it.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD...JM-kLsag4NH1jHO

I could also use some advice. I got my XBL Nina/Feng to Japanese cars, Suzakus, recently! I made a playlist with nothing but Nina/Feng. SO many matches.

My XBL runs out on the 8th, and I will likely not renew my XBL. I got a PS4, and I am FINALLY switching over to PSN!

BTW, the stick I was using for all these matches is kinda broken. The down-forward often does not register. That is why I was dropping easy stuff. I swear, I am so sick of sticks breaking on me. I am switching back to pad for Tekken 7.
Kiaruda
Dragon Lord
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Just by watching those two matches I can tell that you didn't optimize Feng's wall carry. You opted to go for the f+4,3 bound when you could've done f+3,4 for the wallsplat to extend combo damage but whatever. You also tried to attack after your opponent blocked Feng's d+2 and it cost you a round. And to go back to the 4~3 which we were talking about before, you got launched in the first match for missing it - that's why I said you should be cautious when using it. Your 4~3, u/f+2 combination didn't work, either.

In the video, you said that you don't like to go for Feng's launch punishable lows but I saw quite a few d/b+4s for some reason. I think you should definitely use more d/b+3 since it can't be blocked on reaction (d/b+4 can and WILL be blocked on reaction) and though it's also launch punishable, it's only -15 as opposed to d/b+4 which is -21 on block. d/b+3 also has greater range, is +4~+5 on hit and you can crouch cancel into another one. You should also use d+4 a lot. Basically, use all of Feng's lows excessively except for d/b+4 which you ironically used the most in those matches.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Ha, honestly, that match was like the opposite of what I usually do. I had some tournament nerves going on.