Jinpachi Q & A

Page Splits 1...<21222324>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
grumpy64
War Lord
#441 “Quote” Edit Post
isn't pachi more of a whiff punish character then a poking character?
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#442 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poms
Does someone agree that Jinpachi is NOT such a good character as the tier lists were saying?
Where Jinpachi shines is in his ability to spiral the opponent out of control, as long as the momentum is ever so slightly in favor of Jinpachi, he's always a threat to win the match. When he's on the wrong end of momentum is where he starts getting in huge trouble. As I've said before, for the most part he either gets a KND or he's at -frames, unfortunately his KND also often comes at the price of launch punishability. There is where tempo comes into play. At 70-100% HP, Jinpachi can afford to play recklessly and apply solid as well as chaotic pressure. At <60% he's a liability due to his size and the insane wall damage potential for most mid/high level team comps.

This is completely coincidental (although it further proves the point) but look at Bronson's list of "safe" pokes: d/f+1 is +frames on hit and safe on block, (1),b+2 is +frames on hit and KND/W! on CH as well as safe on block, u+4 is KND and safe on block, d/f+1+2 is launch and safe on block. These are Jinpachi's notable mids because they play 100% to Jinpachi's strength without the danger of most commonly thought Jinpachi launch punishable attacks. Moves like 1,2, d/b+1,2, d/f+2,1, etc. or the -frames noteworthy attacks like WS+4,4, 2,2, d/b+2,1, etc.

IMO he's definitely up there in the tier lists. Jinpachi just has more faults than the high tier characters holding him back.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#443 “Quote” Edit Post
I see Jinpachi as an easy-to-learn character, with easy execution moves that are actually good. But you can't rely on wiff punishing moves like d/f2 or b1,2 to win matches consistenly.
This character needs something more. His strats work well against begginers, but If the opponent is playing safe, Jinpachi has few chances.
df1+2 being one of his best moves, is 22 frames? It is too slow, and when it connects I get so surprised that sometimes I'm late for the d+1 follow up.
u+4 is 18, you can get jab floated, and you only get a d4 if it connects.
His mixups are very poor, specially if they involve any low, because all of them are kind of seeable.

Originally posted by insanelee
he has tons of safe pokes.
df1
1b2
u4
df1+2 (this x 100000)

i do think people think hes better than he is though, but hes very good in this game.

bronson.
Yes I forgot about df1 and 1b2. They are good pokes indeed, but I'd say they're kind of a generic moves.
Of course that maybe it's just me that suck at Tekken, but I don't seem to find a good use of this character. And of course he's no Top Tier at all IMO.

EDIT. Ooops, Tyler2K, you were faster than me!
Thanks for your help. I'm still giving a chance to Jinpachi though

Last edited by poms on Dec 4th, 2013 at 17:15

Signature
insanelee
tinh yeu
#444 “Quote” Edit Post
22f safe mid tracking launcher that high crushes a bit. go ahead and read that again

a safe 18 frame low crush that grants guaranteed stomp

1b2 is NOT generic, its actually really good but just so happens hei's version is THAT much better.

his low game is also very easy to incorporate because opp generally shouldnt be ducking vs jinp anyways. just abuse fc df1_d4_db4

i can not stress that df1+2 is so good. just keep doing it who cares if they block it. eventually people will be mashing or waiting to block it. both options giving you more freedom to do what you need to do. i basically use df1+2 as a tester to see how opp reacts.

1. opponent starts hella mashing
-whiff/block punish
2. opponent sits there waiting for df1+2
-d4_db4 to death
-run up for free mix up
3. opponent gets hit
-do a combo
4. opponent is clearly better than you and is making df1+2 whiff
-i have no idea (as the case when i lost to knee)

bronson.
Signature www.eightarc.com
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#445 “Quote” Edit Post
He's right. I don't use d/f+1+2 enough. Probably use it like 2 times every 10 matches. I gotta admit though, I remember one time fighting a turtler, and I decided to spam d/f+1+2 and I did it so much that it eventually just hit lol. I need to do it more. I play REALLY dirty, but not dirty enough.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#446 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by insanelee
1. opponent starts hella mashing
-whiff/block punish
2. opponent sits there waiting for df1+2
-d4_db4 to death
-run up for free mix up
3. opponent gets hit
-do a combo
I like it on paper
Yeah... I'll use d/f1+2 a lot more and I'll see what happens, thanks!
Signature
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#447 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you guys think about his d/b+1+2?

Its listed as 28 frames so I guess people might duck it on reaction. Is it better to b+1+2 ? I've been using it at certain situations at the wall with some success.
tyler2k
#448 “Quote” Edit Post
They're completely different moves so you can't really make a comparison. In my experience d/b+1+2 has super limited uses and it hitting high really works against the move. I don't think I've ever seen it ducked on reaction so much as it phantom whiffing, being beat out by meaty attacks, or attacks that barely high crush. Also IIRC it has some tracking issues, so you definitely want to use it sparingly.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#449 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry not b+1+2, b+3+4 is what I meant. A back swing blow type of move is how I compared them.
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#450 “Quote” Edit Post
i actually use db1+2 if i anticipate an immediate retaliation where jinpachi is slightly in minus because its faster than b3+4,2_1 so like, for example, i use it after a db 2,1(-5) at the wall and usually my opponents will jab or df1 and i get a wall splat. if i were to b3+4,2, first of all i wouldn't get the wall splat and second of all a lot of characters df1's would hit jinpachi out of teleport. i usually use teleport with with moves that give me some space like df3,1 or d1. but even with moves like d1 at max range i would rather just backdash once or twice and whiff punish with df2. come to think of it i mostly use b3+4,2_1 when my opponent is trying to rush down super hard and i have to play defense, other than that i save db1+2 for more of an offensive option. i hope this post makes sense. i've been drinking.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#451 “Quote” Edit Post
Erm,is SSL ub+1,2~F FLY 3,4 Jinpachi's best TA! filler,or is there limitations.
is there anything better
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#452 “Quote” Edit Post
Depends on your partner and the juggle. I never needed a ssl. Sometimes df21 is a better filler (or FLY34) and paired with Kuni I find myself using u4 sometimes.
Signature s3:
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#453 “Quote” Edit Post
My partner is King,occasionally Lee
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#454 “Quote” Edit Post
Right now I'm trying Jinpachi-Bruce and I've been testing some wall combos, but I have no idea of the wall splat combo filler I have to use with jinpachi while starting the combo with bruce. Could you guys tell me the jinpachi's wall splat combo fillers you use? I'd be great If it is something compatible with bruce's f+3,db+2,1,4 ender
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#455 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd say try something like f21,1+2, BRU db214 or maybe df21, BRU f3, db214?
Signature s3:
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#456 “Quote” Edit Post
Just use f+2,1<1+2 and then you can f+3, db+2,1,4. Just gotta delay the last hit in JPs string .
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#457 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, I tried df+2,1 and bruce's ender can be done, but damage is really low in comparison to Ancient Ogre (My former partner for bruce). I did try f2,1,1+2 and it doesn't work, but I haven't inputed the delay on the last part yet, I hope it works. Thanks guys!
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#458 “Quote” Edit Post
Does the second hit of d+2,1 always hit grounded, no matter what?
tyler2k
#459 “Quote” Edit Post
no
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#460 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyrax
Yes, I tried df+2,1 and bruce's ender can be done, but damage is really low in comparison to Ancient Ogre (My former partner for bruce). I did try f2,1,1+2 and it doesn't work, but I haven't inputed the delay on the last part yet, I hope it works. Thanks guys!

60% hits dont count towards the juggle counter, thats why you have to delay it. Wont work otherwise. Bruce f+3, db+2,1,4 ender works off pretty much all 3 hit strings that end in 60%, its all just the number of hits that matters.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap