Tekken 7 Law Info/Vids

Page Splits 1...<678
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mishap
Kyu
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
i think you are right hallucinogenics. i tried again last night & rarely hit it. it may not be comboing but just flowing on. it's a pity as db4,4 makes a good launcher for a combo for noobs like me
AirCheezy217
Kyu
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
I made some informative videos for Beginners to Law and Tekken 7 in general.
I cover just about all of Law BnBs in this video, though the text might be a tad too quick
Law Combo Guide

I also made a DSS guide video for those that might not fully understand how it works
Law DSS Guide
allenella
7th Dan
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AirCheezy217
I made some informative videos for Beginners to Law and Tekken 7 in general.
I cover just about all of Law BnBs in this video, though the text might be a tad too quick
Law Combo Guide

I also made a DSS guide video for those that might not fully understand how it works
Law DSS Guide

Please show a real gameplay footage of you successfully pulling these combos online.
Thanks
LiangHu
6th Dan
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 7 Law Tutorial

Hi everyone, this is a Tekken 7 tutorial I have been working on during the last 4 weeks. Since the release of Tekken 7 I have been hitting the lab & grinding games with Law and Paul. I ended up creating my second T7 tutorial today.

When you are on +frames, press 4. It's good for catching opponents pressing a button which will juggle them on counter hit.

Dragon Hammer f+1+2 & Dragon Killer f+3+4 both force crouch. DH is +3 on block, DK is -2 on block, but you can interrupt the opponent with d+1. Both moves launch on counter hit.

Having trouble with the DSS into Dragon Flight ender input? Don't press 4,3, slide over 4,3 with your thumb. Start pressing back just after pressing 4, by the time you press 3 you should be pressing forward & just after 3 connects you should be pressing f+4 at the same time.

Note that the Dragon Flight ender can also catch players on hit when they quick rise, even if the second hit of Shaolin Kicks ( 4,3 ) missed.

Law has a very useful command throw Knee Lift f,f+3+4 that puts the opponent into a juggle state for a corner carry or combo into Rage Art.

If you want to extend your combo after flashkick u/f+4, you need to press 4 & then b+2 in order to do so. Law does crouch after the first flashkick & it will buffer his Dragon Uppercut wr+2 instead of b+2. That isn't the case after the second Flashkick, Law will be standing after that and you can extend your combo with b+2 or with any other poke or special move.

In case you whiff the flashkick & the opponent tries to punish it and whiffs a high attack, goes for a low special move with slow startup, tries to grab you or is crouching ---> then go for Dragon Uppercut.

Flashkick can also outrange some slower low special moves such as Paul's d/f+1+2 or King's.

Dragon's Tail d/b+4 is -37 on block & you will get heavily punished when the opponent can block it. But you can play mindgames with the other player, when you are on +frames.

The range on Dragon's Tail is pretty decent. You can use it vs high attacks, armored high attacks, high counter moves, command grabs. mid attacks with slow startup. Note: Rage Drive adds another Dragon's Flight kick as ender.

Dragon's Cannon ( armor ) f,f+3 is the main power crush tool you wanna use. It can be also done from DSS. It can also catch backdashes vs moves with a huge pushback on block such as Paul's deathfist or Kazumi's. You can go for high risk / reward 50/50s vs other players.

Always keep 3+4 (4) ready which is a 14 frame launcher with a solid range. Look up for opponents whiffing an attack and then go for it. But be careful, the third hit is high and can be ducked. There is a trick you might wanna try here, only go for 3+4 and when the opponent is crouching, go for another 3+4 on hit and then 4. This string hits mid mid high.

Other launchers I am using ( shown in this video )

The only low launcher Law has from neutral game without counter hit is backturned d+4. b+4 or d/b+2 make Law backturned. d+3 is uninterruptable after b+4 on hit. You can also go for 2,2 which has a huge pushback on hit, the first hit stuns.

Corner carries ( shown in this video )

Transitions into DSS ( shown in this video ) Understanding DSS, in T7 it's actually called DCS which stands for Law's Dragon Charge Stance. Law can also enter DSS with d+1+2, but that's not the way you wanna use it. It can be seen and reacted in time by other players. The Transition into DSS is instant which means that there is no attack delay, allowing for instant neutral attacks. For instance Shaolin Kicks is -13 on block, but 4,3 DSS b,f makes it +7 on block for another instant attack. DSS gives you frame advantage on some of Law's strings.

Running flying kick f,f,f+3 is another useful tool It's a safe mid and plus on block, Note: It's reactable and can get sidestepped from a distance, so you might wanna be doing it from close range for better +frames

For grounded opponents go for Dragon's Tail or Dragon Killer.

Thanks for reading, watching & playing. Good games @ll.
Signature www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
allenella
7th Dan
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LiangHu
Tekken 7 Law Tutorial

Thanks for reading, watching & playing. Good games @ll.

LiangHu: That was a great guide for intermediates Thank you
LaWs_OrdeR
6th Dan
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
My latest Marshall Law combo showcase!

Law combos part 2
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/IronFistLaw75
ESP
Warrior
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
@LiangHu
"Running flying kick f,f,f+3 is another useful tool It's a safe mid and plus on block, Note: It's reactable and can get sidestepped from a distance, so you might wanna be doing it from close range for better +frames"

It's actually the opposite. It gives you better +frames the shallower it is blocked. This is sometimes called "Meaty Attack" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45I...e&t=28m47s.
Signature 2P account of LJE.
LaWs_OrdeR
6th Dan
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Marshall Law high damage combos - no walls or rage

Law- high damage no walls
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/IronFistLaw75
Kingindian
6th Dan
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Please update the OP with this. Doing google for an eternity is NOT FUN for the next person.

Move Transitions and DSS moves

A couple of Law's moves can be transitioned into DSS:

Punches
1, 2~b, f
1, 2, 2, 2~b, f
2, 2, 2~b, f
b+1~b, f
b+1<2~b, f
b+2<2~b, f
WS+1~b, f
WS+1, 2~b, f

Kicks
b+2<3<4~b, f, f
4, 3~b, f, f
4, 3, 4~b, f, f
WS+3~f
WS+4~b, f, f

Parry
b+(2+4_1+3)~b, f

Auto DSS
SS+2
SS+2, 1
SS+2, 1, 2

These are the moves can be done during DSS (can also be done during DFS):

1, f+1
f+1
1, 4
1+2
f+2
1+3 (throw)
2+4 (throw)
f+3
f+4
3+4
ELNEGRO
3rd Dan
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
All Law Commands Lis For Combos
Aurongroove
Lone Wolf
PSN: jfgtp
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey not a Law player, but you know his punishable CH launcher d+2,3?

That move is 11 frames,
starts high-crushing at 4 frames,
is a special mid attack,
side-steppable right, (i.e., loses to HWO's Stealth needle)
whiffs against backswing attacks (i.e., Paul's rubber band attack)
get's absorbed by Armor
whiffs AOP

His d3+4,3 is...

12 frames
starts high crushing at 4 frames,
is a low attack,
is not side steppable, (i.e., crushes and launches HWO's Stealth needle)
has twice the range of d2 (i.e., CH launchers Paul's rubber band attack)
Counterhit launches Armor
is not evadable from AOP (Ling has to be neutral to avoid CH, or Law gets launch)

Thus, d3+4, 3 is "the same move" as d2,3 but better in every way except for being one frame slower.
It covers more kinds of evasive attacks, has more range, a bigger wider and lower hitbox AND counterhits armor moves.
Signature I'm hilarious!