Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zbouz
is wave dash harder on square gate?

a lot of people w/ Hori stick (square restricter) still are able to wd.
zbouz
2nd Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
a lot of people w/ Hori stick (square restricter) still are able to wd.

ok thx. In ur opinion what would u prefer square gate or octagonal if u do wave dash
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zbouz
ok thx. In ur opinion what would u prefer square gate or octagonal if u do wave dash

I've tried both, in fact, I have even tried the circular restricter, and I honest like the circular better. When it comes to sq. vs. octa., they don't make much difference in my experience.
Sugar Roll
Champion
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm...I didn't know those movements had a name.
Signature A warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
you forgot the snakedash (unless if it has another name)

similar to wavedash except you SS just on or after neutral position, then carry on repeatedly
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ran2k6
WITH IS IT EASY TO DO IT ON ACARDE OR PS3 STICK...?

it depends on preference, i can do most on ps3 and soon on arcade stick but others have more experience on an arcade stick for example Jang Iksu, type his name on youtube and you'll know what i mean

here's an exapmle of him wavedashing very fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4fAqSInnc
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

Kazuo
Iron Fist God
PSN: BryanFury
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
you forgot the snakedash (unless if it has another name)

similar to wavedash except you SS just on or after neutral position, then carry on repeatedly

If you can give me the notation and a little more info ill add it to the list. I put the whole thing on hold as T6 is on its way. Want to make sure everything still works and also add the new stuff.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kazuo
If you can give me the notation and a little more info ill add it to the list. I put the whole thing on hold as T6 is on its way. Want to make sure everything still works and also add the new stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1U9WRy15ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5J...feature=related

f,n,d,df,f, SS, f,n,d,d,df,f, SS, f,n,d,df,f,
The Snake dash is another variant of the Wave/Light dash. You can cancel CD into a SS and SS into a CD weaving somewhat like a snake.

ATL Aim8ot
5th Dan
XBL: ATL Aim8ot
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I am a pad tekken player. I was wondering if the pad is fine for wavedashing (of course after much practice), or if a stick was a LOT better for wavedashing?
Signature defense > offense
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ATL Aim8ot
I am a pad tekken player. I was wondering if the pad is fine for wavedashing (of course after much practice), or if a stick was a LOT better for wavedashing?

Pad's easier to start learning to wd, but stick allows you to wd faster, and eventually achieve ld status.
ATL Aim8ot
5th Dan
XBL: ATL Aim8ot
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Pad's easier to start learning to wd, but stick allows you to wd faster, and eventually achieve ld status.

But is it possible to still wd fast on a pad? I know i won't ever hit light dash status on a pad =P But will I be able to move fast enough to backdash effectively and wavedash fast enough to use crouch cancel effectively?
Signature defense > offense
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ATL Aim8ot
But is it possible to still wd fast on a pad? I know i won't ever hit light dash status on a pad =P But will I be able to move fast enough to backdash effectively and wavedash fast enough to use crouch cancel effectively?

Yup.
Kam
Legend
PSN: TXImperial
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I ave a similar problem, I can wd fash on a pad, but cant reach a consistent lightdash. i guess i should move to stick, even though i am movement impaired on stick :/
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kam
I ave a similar problem, I can wd fash on a pad, but cant reach a consistent lightdash. i guess i should move to stick, even though i am movement impaired on stick :/

don't worry too much about the lightdash (assuming that's what you really meant, instead of just a really quick WD). LD is harder to do than WD, but it's worse than WD because its forward-travel speed is slower. If LD is done correctly (6-7cd per sec), your character moves forward as fast as if he/she's walking.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kazuo

Have you posted it yet, the snakedash notation. thnx btw

AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Yup.

i can lightdash occasionally on pad, i guess its just my good fingers and grip, 4-5 wd a sec for me, lots of practice involved

NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
i can lightdash occasionally on pad, i guess its just my good fingers and grip, 4-5 wd a sec for me, lots of practice involved

WD is 3-5 cd per sec in OG's standard. For some reason, some kids nowadays made the WD requirement much easier, though they aren't exactly correct.

As I said, there's no way you can LD on pad, considering that the correct LD travels much slower than WD. If you did LD correctly, then your characters should not be "running" forward at all, but in walking speed.

Slower LD
Real LD at the end of the vid

A lot of so-called "lightdash" vids on youtube are just fast WDs. In fact, they are what's needed in the actual match. There's no point of doing real LD since it offers no extra benefit in the mixup/parry category from what WD offers.
Kam
Legend
PSN: TXImperial
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
don't worry too much about the lightdash (assuming that's what you really meant, instead of just a really quick WD). LD is harder to do than WD, but it's worse than WD because its forward-travel speed is slower. If LD is done correctly (6-7cd per sec), your character moves forward as fast as if he/she's walking.

yeah, the quick bobbing motion is lightdashing, not much space/motion is covered, whereas - a fast wd a lot of distance is covered but the bobbing motion (not sure of the correct tekken nomenclature, cc?) is not as much. It seems to be hitting the 'f' during the sweet spot of the wd motion, along with the wavedasing motion (n, d,d/f) on pad to get that ld though.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
WD is 3-5 cd per sec in OG's standard. For some reason, some kids nowadays made the WD requirement much easier, though they aren't exactly correct.

As I said, there's no way you can LD on pad, considering that the correct LD travels much slower than WD. If you did LD correctly, then your characters should not be "running" forward at all, but in walking speed.

Slower LD
Real LD at the end of the vid

A lot of so-called "lightdash" vids on youtube are just fast WDs. In fact, they are what's needed in the actual match. There's no point of doing real LD since it offers no extra benefit in the mixup/parry category from what WD offers.

Ahh, ok you got me, i guess it's just a fast wd i was doing...

well anyways enjoy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l64lDlSEWg

Kazuo
Iron Fist God
PSN: BryanFury
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you posted it yet, the snakedash notation. thnx btw

Not yet man, its last on my to do list. I know it'll be quick but....i have work to do lol