The TZ Bryan Wiki

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Shibble
Deity
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
In an effort to improve the reputation the Bryan forums seem to have every Tekken game, I'm going to fill the Wiki Page with as much information as possible, I've noticied Lilleboff did an excellent job with the Leo page and Psylence with Ninas too, I've got a lot of time on my hands at the moment so it makes sense that I do something productive.

Apart from the obvious bits of information (Frame Data, Punishers, Strengths, Weaknesses) is there anything more specific people would like to have on there? More indepth character oriented topics such as as good description of how good his taunt actually is and when it should be used etcetera?

I figured it'd be a good idea since it'd be a godsend for new Bryan users, since I had to learn all my Juggles for him off YouTube originally, then when you look at the Wang forums their PDF guide is insane!

Let me know what thoughts you have anyways, I'll let you know when I've finished all the basics since the Wiki Page is completely blank at the moment (filling in Frame Data at the moment), it'd be nice to have some input from people in particular who are extremely new to him or curious
Signature http://twitch.tv/Sh1bble
godaftonjuice
Champion
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I think some info on his general moves would be great, like, what moves are good to close space? When and how to use orbital? Close up poke game? etc.

I come from years of playing ling, and I'm so used to have like ff3 to close in with a solid long range poke. Now I'm trying to get away from her and learn some actual basics, and Bryan seems like a good character to do this with.

Anyway, nice stuff!
Shibble
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Not a problem, there's a tiny bit of data up at the moment but it's nothing worth looking at yet, I'm a Ling player as well so I can relate to your head space, sadly Bryan is a world away from Ling and they're played extremely different to one another.

From my own experience with Bryan I tend to use b+1 to close space if I know I can get it not to whiff, you've also got qcb+4 but it is -12 on block, Bryan is an awesome character to improve fundamentals with though since he has no real *get off me* moves, so you develop a rock solid defense using him, when you first start to use him a lot you'll soon realise initially how many Bruce players among other characters will test how good your defense is and stick in your face a lot until you deter them with solid punishment

Orbital Heel I tend to use to crush moves since it's such an abnormal launcher in that respect, I have the same philosophy with Orbital as I have with Ling/Miharu's d/f+1 to crush highs.

I'll make an effort to expand on the Wiki though, it's my first time working with Wiki editing this week so it's been quite time consuming and things are going slow at the moment, but I'm sure I'll speed up

Last edited by Shibble on Jan 5th, 2013 at 15:58

Shibble
Deity
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Frame Data's up now
Bryan Fury TZ Wiki Frame Data Page

Edit: Filled in his punishers, Strengths & Weaknesses in, I still need to do his Gameplay Summary but this is something I want to put thought in to so Beginners get the correct idea about him and can correctly absorb how to use him effectively in the simplest way possible.

Bryan's Wiki Link
I'll add some more links in the Strategy Guide area later and finish off his Gameplay Summary, after that I'll most likely be cleaning up Nina's Frame Data but I'll be sure to keep making corrections to this page too

Last edited by Shibble on Jan 5th, 2013 at 16:49

Shibble
Deity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a small update, my PC's completely died on me so I'm staying at a friend's house at the moment, as soon as I can work out an alternate arrangement I'll continue with my work on Bryan's TZ Wiki.