Page Splits 1...<678
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sento
Banned By Mod
PSN: Sento_k
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
First, you have to know a lot of things about Xiaoyu. But as I said before, if you don't wanna waste your time learning her, just use Lars.
Signature | Mistrust | Oops, I'm banned!
HWanderer
4th Dan
PSN: Toku_Nakadachi
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
Less about not wanting to and more about asking if it's a good way to go. There are only so many gaming hours per day I can practice with, sadly. But it sounds interesting, so I think I'll go for it and see how it works for me.
Signature "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.
I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."

- Abraham Lincoln
Sento
Banned By Mod
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Just use the character you want.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
You're pointing out individual aspects of the character but not Asuka/Ling as a team together though. What makes them strong together? What do they provide each other ?

@HWanderer, they're almost exactly the same but each Ling has a few unique moves, like Miharu has FC df4 which is a decent kdn low, Ling has back layout RDS ff3+4 which is useful in certain oki situations, different df1+2 throw animations, different b4s, etc.
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
HWanderer
4th Dan
PSN: Toku_Nakadachi
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sento
Just use the character you want.

I'm new to the game, so I'm still working out what characters work for me. TTT2 has a huge roster to work through and learning a character well enough to tell whether I like them can be a pretty time-consuming thing. I've played enough Miharu to know I enjoy playing as her but not enough to really get how she works in different teams or situations.

@ Fergus - Right, I get you. And of course Miharu has the selfie throw.
Signature "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.
I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."

- Abraham Lincoln
Sento
Banned By Mod
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fergus
You're pointing out individual aspects of the character but not Asuka/Ling as a team together though. What makes them strong together? What do they provide each other ?

I'll make a tutorial soon, then you'll see what makes them strong together.
Callestere
Kyu
PSN: Callestere
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm coming from Tekken Revolution and before that I didn't play a whole lot of Tekken even though I played most of them, most of my memories are with T3 and that lead to me maining Paul Phoenix in this team.
Paul/Lee Paul because he's my main since T3 (long story), Lee because he interests me as a character and his story, I enjoy using both of them. I find that it's tricky to do good filler with Paul using this team considering his lack of options so I have to work out what is and isn't viable (when there isn't a wall) but I'm enjoying trying to work out the kinks I come across with these two.

For awhile I thought Paul's lack of moves made him weak and his power just compensated for that but he's a quality over quantity character, once I tried using some of his moves in different ways I slowly came to that realization which is why I love having him as an ender gotta love the phoenix smasher! Lee is someone I decided to pick up in this game and I'm slowly figuring him out trying to use his jabs as mixup tools and his good lows.

I need to utilize his hitman stance a bit more though. I love the diversity in his moves and I find myself using a lot of them often. I feel as if Lee gives Paul the ability to maximize his damage output as an ender and Paul can dish out some good damage before letting Lee carry to the wall.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sento
I'll make a tutorial soon, then you'll see what makes them strong together.

Alright, looking forward to your thoughts

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Mar
Shihan
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TeeJay92
asuka/leo

the thing i like the most about this team is how much red life damage you can take from all of asuka's launching options. cancans, f+2, b+343, falling rain and 1+2, db43 tag buffered all lead to good damage red life combo's.
I would like to know your combos with db+4,3~5. Best I could find is db+4,3~5 into Leo db+2,2.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
You can do df2 db4,3~5 to f1 b2,1+2 b! f4~df ws312 for 74 red life.

Just walk a bit after b! for f4 and delay the ws3 slightly, not too hard.

I'm not a big fan of this team though, the carry potential pre b! after Asuka's launchers db4,3~5 is pretty bleh

Mar
Shihan
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, I can only get it to work after df+2, db+4,3~5 though. It doesn't really bother me though since Asuka can just do the carry with b+2,4,3~5 & there you go, red life. Otherwise Asuka gets 88 from df+2 & CH b+4,2 with TA. Gotta be weak somewhere.